Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos (91497 Views)

List Of Islands In Nigeria / The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Akwa Ibom, Ibeno Islands Tour With Some Nairalanders .... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
bacilus:
Am from one of the islands...utana opolom

how come you don't have pictures of your island?

so the place you go to smoke weed is now an island.
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by supereagle(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
Adekunle 3MCDO with his other Yoruba officers tried to liberate difficult terrains like these during the civil war. Only brave soldiers could handle terrains like these.

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by JohnQueen(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
I was on one of the Islands off Eastern Obolo in December 2015 and was wowed!

But then I felt sad almost immediately.

Why so?

I felt Akwa Ibom could be like Florida.

If only they could forget about crude oil for a second and focus on tourism, which is still an untapped/neglected source of revenue in this part of the world.

Hunchogee:
Exclusive: What people don't know or see in the Map....

Akwa Ibom State houses 38 Islands that are very still untapped or developed making the future of tourism more brighter for the state than ever...
Do you know that Ibeno L.G.A has 25 communities and all 22 are Island settlements that is not even much captured in the map..

Others are Mbo L.G.A with 7 Island communities while Eastern Obolo L.G.A has 9 island communities ..
Thus making Akwa Abasi Ibom state the only state with 38 island settlements in Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom currently has the longest seaband or coastal line in west Africa making it a tourism heaven just like the river Nile in Egypt....with a whopping 2410 km2 coastal line, ibeno alone has 1200km2 while others is shared among Mbo, Easyern Obolo, Ikot Abasi etc

Let talk briefly about Ibeno L.G.A, Ibeno is bordering at the east flank by Mbo LGA, at the west flank by Eastern Obolo by north by Eket and by the south by the Atlantic Ocean.
Ibeno people are the extracted people from Andoni in River state & Eastern Obolo people inwhich they share the same culture and traditions with Andoni people of river state...
Bonny Island became popular becos of industrial present in that island ... leaving the 38 island settlement in Akwa Ibom state unknown and untapped ...

When I went on a tour to those islands in Ibeno..
Shockingly they were an island you travel for 1 full day from the jetty in Iwou-Achang in Ibeno to Utana obulop island.
This island took us 23hours with a speed flying boat engine fitted with two 75 horsepower engines to be able to get to that Island of Utana Obolop Island.

The interesting part was I saw huge population of people and majority were people from other countries like Satomi and Principe, Gabon , Togo and even people from Edo state and I was amazed about the untapped island .
Shocking they was no federal and state governments present in those islands ... No nigerians schools, hospital, police stations etc meaning the only thing that links that island to Akwa Ibom state and Nigeria is that the chiefs in this islands are from Ibeno period.
Is saddened how this guys are abandoned by both the state and federal government letting them to live and do thier business alone with steady international travels from one countries to the other without visa or etc.
Akwa Ibom state might not be big in size in the Nigeria map but the state is deep in realiality.

This island house up to 80 thousand inhabitants of various countries ... Jesus my lord I felt like crying while writing this piece. The primary occupation there is fishing and once in a while some foreign fishing companies and NGOs drop food & medical aids in the island in exchange of sea food....
If this Islands are well tapped it will make Akwa Ibom look like Miami of USA, or the Bahamas.

Please I used this opportunity to ask all well meaning Nigerians to go and invest and our journalist not to only covers cities and politics but go inside this islands and bring them to limelight.....
Am just so angry I won't be surprised we losing some of these islands in the future to foreign Governments like we did to bakassi..
Ibeno is gotten from the word Obolo which means white sand beach.
Akwa Ibom alone houses 80 thousand Ghanaian living in both Ibeno and Mbo L.G.A. in short there is a place in Iwouachang in Ibeno called Ghana town.

Nigerians need to know this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibeno_Beach

You can find the list of all Ibeno island and communities in the link below
https://worldpostalcode.com/nigeria/akwa-ibom/ibeno/ibeno-clan.

4 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by manuelreports: 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
More reasons to invest in Uyo

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
JohnQueen:
I was on one of the Islands off Eastern Obolo in December 2015 and was wowed!

But then I felt sad almost immediately.

Why so?

I felt Akwa Ibom could be like Florida.

If only they could forget about crude oil for a second and focus on tourism, which is still an untapped/neglected source of revenue in this part of the world.

Wow nice experience you gat there

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
manuelreports:
More reasons to invest in Uyo
More reason to invest in Akwa Ibom...we want the entire state to blossom not only the capital
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Chirowman(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
Akwaibom is a tourist state just that they haven't developed it, I love the big fishes that's one of the things that takes me there. And food and drink is cheap too, on my next visit am going to tour all this islands.

4 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by castrokins(m): 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
OP, I Am From Ibesikpo Asutan. Would It Be Possible To Do Another Trip To These Islands For Proper Documentation? We'd Put Resources Together And Pick A Date. A Street/Documentary Photographer Will Join From Lagos, Himself An Akwa Ibomite Too.

9 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Belmot(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sammy07:

My bad, here is another one.
That picture you posted is not Abuja. it is Bella vista in banana island... How comes you're posting pictures you can't even defend?

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Belmot(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:

The third pix na Abuja na
But is ok since is in Nigeria
He his correct that is Bella vista in banana island..
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
seborrhic:
38 islands and 3 different pictures of same white folks on the same beach.
Didn't know islands and and 1 beach mean the same thing.
Get educated bro...every island as a beachfront ok
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by engrjacuzzi: 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
really, then the next gulder ultimate search should definitely be held in AkwaAbasi-Ibom state. we have so many historical antecedents and blessed with natural resources.

7 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Belmot:
That picture you posted is not Abuja. it is Bella vista in banana island... How comes you're posting pictures you can't even defend?
Nop press the pix for 2seconds it will take you to the source ok
Unless maybe he deleted it before you saw it
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by radiolover(m): 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
izibili44:
Thank you very much. Which airport is close to the place.

Akwa Ibom international airport, Uyo. You can use Ibom Air either from Lagos or Abuja straight to Uyo airport. From Uyo to there is less than 45 minutes drive.

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Janosky: 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:
I keep asking why is only two of this Ibeno islands shown in Nigeria map and some maps don't even show any of these island or are there too small not to be shown .

I leave it to you guys to be the judge.

Find attached 2 different Nigeria map with two different views

I can see here that it's possible to access Calabar from Ibeno through River Cross estuary connecting with the Atlantic ocean..
Really interesting !
Aqua Ibom and Cross River have beaches to support tourism industry just as Enugu,Benue ,Taraba, Adamawa and Northern parts of Cross River state has the scenic topography for tourism, if the Government is serious.
But maritime transport dey even dey function well for Naija?

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Belmot(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:

Nop press the pix for 2seconds it will take you to the source ok
Unless maybe he deleted it before you saw it
I was referring to the legit. ng maduekwe property in your search. those high rises are in banana island and not mabushi.
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by CaseSensitive(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
Would love to visit Akwa Ibom some day. Hopefully soon

5 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
OP.. did you visit this places on your own? If yes, I need to reach out to you

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by radiolover(m): 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Depressed101:
how beautiful is it, how much do they sell landed properties, are there kidnappers or pirates, or cultists activities... Pls i anticipate your answers

Lol. Fear fear man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hotice085:

Not industrial but a tourist city with skyscrapers buildings facing the oceans
Lovely idea
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Ykc2(m): 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:
Some with already natural beauty
I wish our government will just ban any thing in nylon or plasttic cry

1 Like

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sammy07:
All I can say is Wow!

You guys can make it work like Banana and Victoria Island.

Well, it's Economic and developments that will make that happen.

You guys are blessed with Waters
Some Nigerians like you don't think so, especially on naira land what they think is by running around like sheep's to other people's countries and boast of being abroad.
Not only awka ibom is close to the Atlantic Ocean but rivers and cross rivers when you check the Nigerian map. Sorry for most Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Havanatandt:
OP.. did you visit this places on your own? If yes, I need to reach out to you
Am from the area and yes I did.. message me on Facebook huncho gee
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Evaromantik(m): 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee be frank, is this pics also from Akwa Ibom and where is it located.

Looks like am gonna sell one plot of land for tourism.

5 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Malawian(m): 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
There is nothing special about Lagos. If the ports in the east is opened, these places could have been our "Lagos".

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:

So what's exactly do you want me that is not a journalist to do to interview all the village heads of this island ?
I will provide the link to all Ibeno settlements to you ... yiy can used that your 21st century phone and do your research of each of this village ok...pls and pls be matured in your criticism so I wouldn't insult you ok

https://worldpostalcode.com/nigeria/akwa-ibom/ibeno/ibeno-clan.
Don't mind that person, I don't know why many Nigerians especially on nairaland want someone to spoon feed them of information as if they're entitled to it.

2 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Phyde: 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hunchogee:
Beautiful and untapped islands site no inhabitants in some
Just carry your babe come relax here gisting while viewing the beautiful ocean. No crowd, no music noise like that of lagos beaches, just the sound of waves and trees are enough to chill the brain for great ideas about about a greater future. This is the kind of places I want to live kiss nothing beats nature. God is really a perfect creator all things.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by DimIsaac10(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
overated
Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by davidtuzy(m): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Am always proud of d state i came from √√√√√

Akwa_ibom Ayaya ✌✌✌✌✌

∆∆ A proud Akwa_ibomite ✌✌✌

3 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sammy07:

In your dreams.
Banana Island
dey said better potential, possible when the necessary conditions exists, "he didn't say it is better for now"don't know how you understand it. Na wa oh.

5 Likes

Re: The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos by Hunchogee: 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
TimeTraveler369:

Awesome, I will approach the necessary people at Uyo to guide me to the location after the lockdown.

Thanks
Ok sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

This Deer Was Killed After Flood Forced It Out Of Its Habitat In Delta / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.