Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress (85152 Views)

Funke Akindele You Are A Bad Woman - Iyabo Ojo Blasts Funke Akindele / Meet Adebola Makanjuola And Cassandra Omage: Mo Abudu's In-laws / Bob-Manuel Udokwu, His Wife, Cassandra & Children, Elyon Chinaza, Garvey Chibugo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by VULCAN(m): 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
It's either you are a student or an employee. If you were an employer of labour you wouldn't post such.

The Nigerian work ethic is among the worst in the world if not The worst.

With the exception of those in multinationals who don't want to lose the perks of office and those in the diaspora who are very hard working because they will earn more by adding extra hours.

In Nigeria, the work ethic is abysmal. You cannot find a small business owner who is not praying and fasting for committed and honest workers. Nobody does that in The West because laziness and bad attitude is an aberration over there.

You are describing an environment where the worker gives their very best. No clocking in. Show up when you like as long as your work output is high. So some stroll in by 11am but will still work till 8pm without being monitored

Can any business try that here and last 2 years?

namenick:
When you go through the list of the best foreign movies and series that a lot of us Binge watch, it was written and produced in an amiable environment. Go and see the amount of money amazon, Facebook, Twitter and their ilks spends to create a riveting working environment for their workers, you’ll be astonished. Here we are encouraging people to be treated like slaves because they were paid for it.

Especially in a field like theirs, propitious environment is not suppose to be a luxury.

It’s good to instill discipline, but there’s got to be balance.

2 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nigerians are generally unserious people.

If this girl works in the bank, she will know that that thing she is talking about is child's play.

She never Ching Chong Ching.

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by kenfarm(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
ElRapido:
Abegi. What do you expect working for someone on top of the food chain? Even Bezos, Gates and Zuckerberg. All those top leaders, go and ask those below how rosy everything is na.

If you don't like where you're find a way to move up the food chain. Lions treat each other with respect. You don't expect the Lion to play tennis with with a cheetah. The game is use and dump. No time.

No time oh grin

With her lengthy story....it just reveal she will b in d category of small work, plenty gisdip type of staff.....no wonder funker dey send person to monitor them avtivities

She will soon realise d relevance of funke work style when she establish her own Biz and have to hire poeple

3 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Bahamas95(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
If Funke tell you her own side of the story you go shock.

It's better to hear from both parties before jumping into conclusion. When everywhere stew she nor come social media come make noise.

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by EmekaBlue(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Heavensent01:

stop disgracing Ndigbo. you people just want people to see Igbo people as dumb people with your imbecility talk
if you understand my comment well, you will know I'm using reverse Psychology. The lady there is wrong that's why i played around kinda...but my mistake is i used words that might sound tribalistic to whoever takes it serious.

Ndigbo people can never be dumb.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by bsanya(f): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
Honestly , you have no tangible point...
When the going was good, we didn't hear you oh, just looking for a way to pull her down? Mercy say no
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by tsspsolutions: 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
Laidelaitangirl:
Actress Funke Akindele’s ex staff, Cassandra Owolabi, calls her out over alleged physical, emotional and financial abuse.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CB8NlkGlDm-/?igshid=5abnn5eyjt5x

This is the same strategy Indians make use. You only work and work with no leisure time. When you take a moment of reflection, you'll now realize you've only been working in order to exist and no development at all. By the Grace of God, I will play an important part in chasing those horrible creatures out of this country.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by itsme01: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
ajl:

And what's your point? Labour cost is cheaper in those countries. That's the primary factor. Multinationals have standard of practice across different countries. The motive to move certain services offshore has nothing to do with not providing good working conditions for employees. It is primarily to reduce cost of labour. Often we don't understand the implications of what we do or why our country is the way it is. It's because Nigeria is filled with irrational people. For example, what's the culture of maintainance in Nigeria? Where people use things and do not take care of it, even if it is making money for them. You see, individuals like Funke Akindele cannot excel beyond Nigeria. Here people give and take "shits" from each other. Is it not a country where an employer paying you N30k per month will expect you to go buy lunch for him/her everyday even though thats not part of the job description. Where banks send out ladies to go and prostitute themselves to get customers. What a culture. Why did you think that slavery lasted for 400years? It was because those that were profiting from it locally didn't want it to stop.
No one is telling her to go break a bank. Simply provide the little you can. Even mechanical equipments need proper maintenance, not to talk of human body and brain. Funke Akindele is just an ignorant individual.

The reason why African company hardly survive the 3 years 5years and 10 years mark is cost of production,

Funke makes money through Advertising brands on her series , she get nothing or less to nothing on DVD sales due to piracy, cenimas pay her 1000 naira per seat or roughly $4 with many people not interested,

While shooting, she gets a loan at 22% interest rate , pays crew to lodge in an accommodation of not less than 10 to 20 rooms on the island, pays for diesel , pays overhead cost of over 100 staffs , rents HITECH camera, highers directors and editors,

Yet for some reason you want this same woman to give a script writter freedom to watch TV and use internet which cost an arm for whatever she likes during work hours? And you want her to tolerate low productivity , less scripts from people she pays from a bank loan with a 22% interest rate?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by tsspsolutions: 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
Laidelaitangirl:
Actress Funke Akindele’s ex staff, Cassandra Owolabi, calls her out over alleged physical, emotional and financial abuse.

This is the same strategy Indians make use. You only work and work with no leisure time. When you take a moment of reflection, you'll now realize you've only been working in order to exist and no development at all. By the Grace of God, I will play an important part in chasing those horrible creatures out of this country.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Tatashi: 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
How do u slap ur staff
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by GloShare(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
Laidelaitangirl:

But how can you steal YouTube content and reupload to YouTube?

Why not just use her video let her grow?
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by edoairways: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
ajl:

This is the way Nigerians encourage foreigner employers or companies to abuse their local employees. If the foreign owners is trying to do things and provide conditions that is conducive for the employees, it is going to be a Nigerian at the management level that is trying to lick the ass of his/her foreign boss, that will advise the company not to provide such resources for the employees. Your own people recommending that it is okay for you to be abused just because of position and money. This countru is filled with sick and mentally deranged people.
The truth is, many employees in Nigeria are not ready to work. When you pamper them they do worst

2 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by content208: 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
lekki1444:
naija women and power abuse is like 5 and 6

How did she abuse power?

Did she owe her salary?

On top of that, she gets free accommodation and free electricity.
How are you sure the conditions were not spelt out before this big for nothing dummy accepted the job offer?

Why not use your head to think it through before you comment?

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by miqos02(m): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
ElRapido:
Abegi. What do you expect working for someone on top of the food chain? Even Bezos, Gates and Zuckerberg. All those top leaders, go and ask those below how rosy everything is na.

If you don't like where you're find a way to move up the food chain. Lions treat each other with respect. You don't expect the Lion to play tennis with with a cheetah. The game is use and dump. No time.
let them ask Amazon staff how far , they will know successful guys have no time to play with time.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by pocohantas(f): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
I understand her perspective and would probably understand Funke Akindele’s too.

If they are working a 9-5, then it is ideal they have their lunch-break. In a situation where she housed them, I believe it is because she wants them to work round the clock. So, there is really no set time they go home. The ideal thing to do is find a way to monitor their productivity. There has to be metrics for arriving at their own KPI.

Have project timelines and break their deliverables into days. It is not by stopping them from watching TV or having a social life.

4 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by miqos02(m): 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Beremx:
She ended up saying trash.

Funke is not a lazy woman so she doesn’t need lazy people like you to work for her.

I thought she would say you weren’t paid.

Nonsense
I tire for the woman
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Angelfrost(m): 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
sacajawea:
Are you people actually surprised?
So you think these celebrities are Sensible people?
Nigerian Celebrities are usually very Stupid, wicked, Greedy Selfish, sycophantic Monsters

Well, you just succeeded in describing an average Nigerian...

So, bottom line, Nigerian celebrities are Human!!!
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by miqos02(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
softset:
Nigerians and lazy mentality. Many dont understand work ethics. Come to America, get a job that requires you to be on your feet for 8hrs ... tell them your leg aches, see how you are fired the third time trying that.

We are so used to this lazy attitude...
hahaha , no free lunch any where
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Angelfrost(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
uniqueboi1:
She was too strict but if she no use iron fist, una go use her play. Na so we be for Nigeria.

Gbam!!! Well written... Most Nigerian workers can never work conscientiously!!!

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Futurejoy(f): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Laidelaitangirl:

A lot of Nigerians love feeling entitled, a work space is a work space. Funke Akindele gave you a job to do, housed , fed and payed you and you are here saying the treatment was in humane cos she refused to give you gossip time ...... I have not met Funke Akindele but I know she is no lazy lady. She built her fame from the scatch , if you can’t cope with her pace then tender your resignation and stop putting content on YouTube for cheap clouts.

2 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Skmoda360(m): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
EmekaBlue:
But this staff is not being fair o...She forgot the part where Funke supplied her enough Amala ati Ewedu(hydraulic soup) steady.

And the main reason why she got sacked was when she mistakenly used Funke short broom she uses to stir ewedu soup to wash her toilet at the back
When are you going to get sense my brother?

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Sterope(f): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Workers give their best because they are paid accordingly.

Lack of work ethic is not an excuse for physical or verbal abuse

VULCAN:
It's either you are a student or an employee. If you were an employer of labour you wouldn't post such.

The Nigerian work ethic is among the worst in the world if not The worst.

With the exception of those in multinationals who don't want to lose the perks of office and those in the diaspora who are very hard working because they will earn more by adding extra hours.

In Nigeria, the work ethic is abysmal. You cannot find a small business owner who is not praying and fasting for committed and honest workers. Nobody does that in The West because laziness and bad attitude is an aberration over there.

You are describing an environment where the worker gives their very best. No clocking in. Show up when you like as long as your work output is high. So some stroll in by 11am but will still work till 8pm without being monitored

Can any business try that here and last 2 years?

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by tot(f): 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
I like Funke Akindele a lot and I am a big fan of hers but if this is truly how she treats her staff, then it's not nice. I watched the video - there is nothing that justifies you verbally abusing your staff, calling them mad, idiot.

This girl on the other hand, some of the things she complained about - Funke is stingy, they worked 24-7 etc, are things that should have been addressed by the contract /terms & conditions they signed, but then again we know many employers in Nigeria don't respect that.

2 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Sterope(f): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
ModestGal:
The comments here has made me realize what all these black Americans do say, Nigerians are one hell of a slave, and so used to be treated in an inhuman way that they see anyone voicing out as lazy.
Now, let me help you, there's difference between hardwork and stress work, it is Africans mentality or maybe Nigerian's mentality that stress work means more productivity, thats why in every sector in this country, one experience stress work, especially Nigerian university students, and banking sector and at the end, those stress work has not made Nigeria grow anyway forward

I do not condone laziness myself, but as a leader you should have strategies you use in making sure your employees are not underperforming nor over stressed. This is another reason why many housemaids employer overwork and stress out their housemaids because they believe in the peanuts they are paying. No matter what you pay people, it is not a reason to dehumanize them, thats is why we have the labour laws that I know its non functioning in Nigeria.
I do not know if this story is true or false, but I do know that lots of Funkes workers complain about how she treats them including one beautiful lady that was working for her Jennifer's diary that time (Toyo or something).

Learn not to dehumanize people you feed, it is a priviledge that you are in that high position, a good leader makes followers work hard in a healthy way.
don't mind dem. I read all the comments on the first page, and it leaves me with little wonder why Nigerians are unproductive, overworked. Who on earth works Monday to Sunday without break? In short, for a full day work, you're expected to have the other day off.

When more than one of your employees say same things about you, then there is an atom of truth in it.

3 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
EmekaBlue:
But this staff is not being fair o...She forgot the part where Funke supplied her enough Amala ati Ewedu(hydraulic soup) steady.

And the main reason why she got sacked was when she mistakenly used Funke short broom she uses to stir ewedu soup to wash her toilet at the back

Stale!
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Sterope(f): 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
How do you expect productivity when you overwork your employees? High cost of production is not an excuse for any form of abuse or denying creatives their due credit. She can monitor productivity, give deadlines, map out parameters, communicate better. You can't expect high productivity and engagement by micromanaging and abuse.

itsme01:

The reason why African company hardly survive the 3 years 5years and 10 years mark is cost of production,

Funke makes money through Advertising brands on her series , she get nothing or less to nothing on DVD sales due to piracy, cenimas pay her 1000 naira per seat or roughly $4 with many people not interested,

While shooting, she gets a loan at 22% interest rate , pays crew to lodge in an accommodation of not less than 10 to 20 rooms on the island, pays for diesel , pays overhead cost of over 100 staffs , rents HITECH camera, highers directors and editors,

Yet for some reason you want this same woman to give a script writter freedom to watch TV and use internet which cost an arm for whatever she likes during work hours? And you want her to tolerate low productivity , less scripts from people she pays from a bank loan with a 22% interest rate?

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by pocohantas(f): 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sterope:
How do you expect productivity when you overwork your employees? High cost of production is not an excuse for any form of abuse or denying creatives their due credit. She can monitor productivity, give deadlines, map out parameters, communicate better. You can't expect high productivity and engagement by micromanaging and abuse.

My point exactly, I wouldn’t know the full story, but people who think unnecessary strictness is the best way to maximize productivity are not being very fair.

Thanks to technology, you can monitor a lot realtime. Which one be to seize TV and sending spies. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Crenzywilliams(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
Wait, am not understanding, why's she whinnying, did she not see the job requirements before applying, was she not told about the work involved before taking the job. In my own opinion, she's just trying to rubbish the name of her former employer, looking for cheap fame...that's my take o.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by VULCAN(m): 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
Funke Akindele has been employing people for years. Why is it only this lady complaining?

Since we should believe every accusation, I hope it's fine if we also believe the ones against you?

Sterope:
Workers give their best because they are paid accordingly.

Lack of work ethic is not an excuse for physical or verbal abuse

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Tmb78(m): 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
EmekaBlue:

Eeyah!
It can't be easy being Igbo o.
Chai! Inheriting hatred and unhappiness from your ancestors and carrying the burden on your shoulders right from birth till old age.

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by aystunt: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
From all she has said... All I can see is that Funke Akindele... Ooin... You are doing well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bollywood Actor Irfan Khan Is Dead. / Daisyzoealott: Lady Who Hushpuppi Allegedly Impregnated Blasts Him / 2face: I Watched With Tears In My Eyes As Nigerians Came Out Protesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.