Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress (85133 Views)

Funke Akindele You Are A Bad Woman - Iyabo Ojo Blasts Funke Akindele / Meet Adebola Makanjuola And Cassandra Omage: Mo Abudu's In-laws / Bob-Manuel Udokwu, His Wife, Cassandra & Children, Elyon Chinaza, Garvey Chibugo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by itsme01: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sterope:
How do you expect productivity when you overwork your employees? High cost of production is not an excuse for any form of abuse or denying creatives their due credit. She can monitor productivity, give deadlines, map out parameters, communicate better. You can't expect high productivity and engagement by micromanaging and abuse.

In Entrepreneurship measurements of wages are calculated simply by dividing a staffs output in financial cost or financial worth and value into 3 , salary and staff keeps a share , company keeps a share, and the employer keeps a share... In simple terms if you have a sales girl that sells 10 products at 10 naira making 6 naira profit , 3 naira goes to the salary of the staff and her bonuses, lodging, tv tv subscriptions at the lodge, cost of feeding etc, company keeps a share in other to expand the business pay supplyers, pay loan back and keep company afloat, while the CEO makes the 3rd share as profit. On her investment...

Now for Funke to make any profit she needs staff to deliver more creative contents hence the removal of TV from there lodge after initially installing it

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by mrkia(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
You shot yourself big into more trouble!!! Who on earth would want to be paying for what he wouldn't be getting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
A typical lazy youth ! Work and pleasure are two parallel lines that shouldn't meet. You can't blame Funke Akindele for her understanding of that concept.

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Omalichabby(f): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
Madam close your mouth...
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by itsme01: 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
pocohantas:

My point exactly, I wouldn’t know the full story, but people who think unnecessary strictness is the best way to maximize productivity are not being very fair.

Thanks to technology, you can monitor a lot realtime. Which one be to seize TV and sending spies. cheesy cheesy

Well Funke just monitored her own staff manually , removing distractions like TVs, and she sends 'spies' aka supervisor to monitor what her staffs are doing cheap if you ask me,

Any Management Information System, or ERP software that would manage that digitaly would need Funke getting software that can register time stamp on resumption and closing, digitaly calculating numbers of script submitted per day and still using the software to monitor authenciticy of such scripts written... As a developer such software would cost her a biiiiig fortune and still get the lazy girl sacked for inefficiency, while the good old supervisor spying is cheaper

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Sterope(f): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
She is not the only one
VULCAN:
Funke Akindele has been employing people for years. Why is it only this lady complaining?

Since we should believe every accusation, I hope it's fine if we also believe the ones against you?

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Sterope(f): 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
There are so many applications out there for monitoring productivity. How can you deny socials?

pocohantas:

My point exactly, I wouldn’t know the full story, but people who think unnecessary strictness is the best way to maximize productivity are not being very fair.

Thanks to technology, you can monitor a lot realtime. Which one be to seize TV and sending spies. cheesy cheesy
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by pocohantas(f): 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
itsme01:

Well Funke just monitored her own staff manually , removing distractions like TVs, and she sends 'spies' aka supervisor to monitor what her staffs are doing cheap if you ask me,

Any Management Information System, or ERP software that would manage that digitaly would need Funke getting software that can register time stamp on resumption and closing, digitaly calculating numbers of script submitted per day and still using the software to monitor authenciticy of such scripts written... As a developer such software would cost her a biiiiig fortune and still get the lazy girl sacked for inefficiency, while the good old supervisor spying is cheaper

It wouldn’t cost her anything that she can’t afford. It doesn’t cost fortunes to deploy ERPs. It is okay if you desperately want to defend her, but don’t exaggerate things here. Even medium-scale schools are embracing such models, they didn’t take loans or break banks to do them.

Sending spies and removing TVs doesn’t ensure quality productivity. I am not talking eye-service that is typical in Nigerian organizations.

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by itsme01: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
pocohantas:

It wouldn’t cost her anything that she can’t afford. It doesn’t cost fortunes to deploy ERPs. It is okay if you desperately want to defend her, but don’t exaggerate things here. Even medium-scale schools are embracing such models, they didn’t take loans or break banks to do them.

Sending spies and removing TVs doesn’t ensure quality productivity. I am not talking eye-service that is typical in Nigerian organizations.

Well I have seen your lovely dishes presented on the foodies section, and I hope you have a restaurant one day, I hope you put a TV in your industrial kitchen and have your waiters , chef and stewards watch TV during work hours relying on over the shelf ERP software that cost a furtune to your already lean profit due to cost of cooking, rent , etc

I personally hope you sell your plate of banger soup for 3000 after paying the TV sub cost and cost of your workers inefficiency in the kitchen

2 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Pelxmiye(m): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
ModestGal:
The comments here has made me realize what all these black Americans do say, Nigerians are one hell of a slave, and so used to be treated in an inhuman way that they see anyone voicing out as lazy.
Now, let me help you, there's difference between hardwork and stress work, it is Africans mentality or maybe Nigerian's mentality that stress work means more productivity, thats why in every sector in this country, one experience stress work, especially Nigerian university students, and banking sector and at the end, those stress work has not made Nigeria grow anyway forward

I do not condone laziness myself, but as a leader you should have strategies you use in making sure your employees are not underperforming nor over stressed. This is another reason why many housemaids employer overwork and stress out their housemaids because they believe in the peanuts they are paying. No matter what you pay people, it is not a reason to dehumanize them, thats is why we have the labour laws that I know its non functioning in Nigeria.
I do not know if this story is true or false, but I do know that lots of Funkes workers complain about how she treats them including one beautiful lady that was working for her Jennifer's diary that time (Toyo or something).

Learn not to dehumanize people you feed, it is a priviledge that you are in that high position, a good leader makes followers work hard in a healthy way.

I left a job because of this same mentality, there is a thing line , between hard work and stress work ,people don't seem to know this though because of the state of the country

3 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by TakeYourChance: 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
Laidelaitangirl:
Actress Funke Akindele’s ex staff, Cassandra Owolabi, calls her out over alleged physical, emotional and financial abuse.

Physical, mental nor emotional abuse do not lead to creativity. If this is true, then there is no difference between what Funke did and what slave traders/owners did. It is not about how Nigerians are, it is about "have you given them another option aside from being strict or heavy handed? For all the works of Funke, what has it done in global affairs? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

But if you take, for example, Ikorodubois, in a short few years they are internationally recognized.

What one does will NEVER be as important as HOW ONE MAKES OTHERS feel.

Do Nigerians think Pep Guardiola or Klopp are not strict? They are. Very. However, they also give their players freedom to be creative, time to relax etc, because nobody can produce their best when stressed.

In the same vein, that is how Nigeria coaches treat their player- they train even when injured, or tell players not to drink water, dont pay salary or put them in shitty hotels etc. Whereas their counterparts abroad do things differently and are more successful.

Garbage in, garbage out- how you treat people, will determine the success of ones work. Once again I say it, for all the years Funke working, her works have not resulted in her being internationally recognized as say Ikorodubois; she and some other nigerian entertainers can only get international acclaim from other nigerians abroad and or few other Africans, but they cant get it from independent global personalities and or institutions. Its not a curse, its just a fact about the spirit ones work is done, will tell in the output.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CB8NlkGlDm-/?igshid=5abnn5eyjt5x
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Sterope(f): 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
There is no labour law anywhere in the world that would allow 24/7 work environment. Entrepreneurship management does not discount productivity and morale. It is up to the entrepreneur to explore her options AND engage with her employees. Employment terms should also be communicated clearly and it must be fair. High cost of production is not an excuse for abuse!

itsme01:

In Entrepreneurship measurements of wages are calculated simply by dividing a staffs output in financial cost or financial worth and value into 3 , salary and staff keeps a share , company keeps a share, and the employer keeps a share... In simple terms if you have a sales girl that sells 10 products at 10 naira making 6 naira profit , 3 naira goes to the salary of the staff and her bonuses, lodging, tv tv subscriptions at the lodge, cost of feeding etc, company keeps a share in other to expand the business pay supplyers, pay loan back and keep company afloat, while the CEO makes the 3rd share as profit. On her investment...

Now for Funke to make any profit she needs staff to deliver more creative contents hence the removal of TV from there lodge after initially installing it

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Glovoutu(m): 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lazy yoots
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by pocohantas(f): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
itsme01:

Well I have seen your lovely dishes presented on the foodies section, and I hope you have a restaurant one day, I hope you put a TV in your industrial kitchen and have your waiters watch TV during work hours relying on over the shelf ERP software that cost a furtune to your already lean profit due to cost of cooking, rent , etc

This is not a very balanced analogy. The TV was in their quarters. They work from home, maybe from their beds. Do chefs cook in their rooms? ??

Defense counsel, no one works and sleeps in a kitchen, even at that, a little music helps me cook better.

There are a 1001 ways to monitor productivity. You don’t even have to break a bank. Something as basic as daily/weekly reports does plenty magic.

3 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by itsme01: 6:16pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sterope:
There is no labour law anywhere in the world that would allow 24/7 work environment. Entrepreneurship management does not discount productivity and morale. It is up to the entrepreneur to explore her options AND engage with her employees. Employment terms should also be communicated clearly and it must be fair. High cost of production is not an excuse for abuse!

Offshore oil rig workers are on oil rig platforms for months at a time working shifts , before getting weeks off, the script writter couldn't say how she was placed on 24hr work, when in fact she leave in a work lodge 24/7
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Spokes4u(m): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Latidoh1:
We will look into it

����
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by earnit2: 6:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
hmmm
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by SAMBARRY: 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
abjecht:
Not to criticize anyone or other managers, but I think when you build a good schedule and make work fun for your staffs they become more productive. It’s called work life balance. You can get top class ideas while relaxing and watching other videos or even by interaction. That being said, the lady’s narration isn’t descriptive enough of the situation for me to take her side and criticize Funke.

so she came to work to come and watch videos Abi? After being paid for her time? Let us for once call bad bad in this country.sychophancy will not take us anywhere
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by SAMBARRY: 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
africandollar:
At the end of the day if all she did was to be very strict about her business and doesn't dehumanize you in the process then I'll say Funke hasn't done anything wrong. You were there to work and not to play mind you, you don't get paid for browsing Facebook while you're expected to be writing scripts.

From experience, Nigerians are a stubborn set of people and you won't get results handling them with kid's gloves. angry
exactly

How can you be using the time they've paid you to work to be wanting to Watch video and when your employer didn't let you have your way you come online to say thrash.if you are suffering from laziness,go and be self employed whether you will achieve anything watching videos at work hours when you should be working.na that video go pay your salary

The entitlement,gosh!
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Romangalactic(m): 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
pocohantas:

My baby is now into resource monitoring softwares, knows all abt it and how it doesn't cost much. kiss
What did u mean by medium-scale school, did u mean medium-sized?

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Sterope(f): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Pardon me please. She mentioned how they work days and nights without sleep including the effects it had on her health. Offshore workers are not banned from having socials? They are not denied their credits and pay because of some petty reasons and I doubt they are abused.

itsme01:

Offshore oil rig workers are on oil rig platforms for months at a time working shifts , before getting weeks off, the script writter couldn't say how she was placed on 24hr work, when in fact she leave in a work lodge 24/7

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Missyajoke(f): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Eulalia:
So?? Was she not paying you? Were there no terms and conditions agreement pact between you guys prior to getting the appointment?

I dont understand why people want to mix pleasure and work together. At least there's a period after work when you can observe your leisure. Not when working. Was even thinking she owed you salary but didn't read anything like that. So

Coming to shade her here now is to what end? For people to dislike her. Just move on. Her terms certainly didn't favor you and you left. So, no biggies. She didn't send you away. We all have had our fair share of bad working environment and harsh bosses but we left and moved on without making a fuse. So deal with it and let go.

In the future, you'll understand what it means to be an employer and having to manage and deal with your staffs without stepping on toes. I pray you become one someday.

The lady's a bimbo. Lazy somebody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Are they paid for overtime?

What about break time?

Anyway, her story didn't add up cos you are not supposed to watch tv during work hours.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Hathor5(f): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
pocohantas:

This is not a very balanced analogy. The TV was in their quarters. They work from home, maybe from their beds. Do chefs cook in their rooms? ??

Defense counsel, no one works and sleeps in a kitchen, even at that, a little music helps me cook better.

There are a 1001 ways to monitor productivity. You don’t even have to break a bank. Something as basic as daily/weekly reports does plenty magic.

Nigerians don't understand the value of positive reinforcement, not in child education and not in the work place.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by fredoooooo: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
No wonder you're a writer and she's a producer.. lazy bastards .. angry
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Hathor5(f): 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
ModestGal:
The comments here has made me realize what all these black Americans do say, Nigerians are one hell of a slave, and so used to be treated in an inhuman way that they see anyone voicing out as lazy.
Now, let me help you, there's difference between hardwork and stress work, it is Africans mentality or maybe Nigerian's mentality that stress work means more productivity, thats why in every sector in this country, one experience stress work, especially Nigerian university students, and banking sector and at the end, those stress work has not made Nigeria grow anyway forward

I do not condone laziness myself, but as a leader you should have strategies you use in making sure your employees are not underperforming nor over stressed. This is another reason why many housemaids employer overwork and stress out their housemaids because they believe in the peanuts they are paying. No matter what you pay people, it is not a reason to dehumanize them, thats is why we have the labour laws that I know its non functioning in Nigeria.
I do not know if this story is true or false, but I do know that lots of Funkes workers complain about how she treats them including one beautiful lady that was working for her Jennifer's diary that time (Toyo or something).

Learn not to dehumanize people you feed, it is a priviledge that you are in that high position, a good leader makes followers work hard in a healthy way.

Nigerians are raised with unnecessary harshness and maximum control so they are used to such forms of treatment. The concept of trust and loyalty is not part of the average Nigerian's experience and has been beaten out of them early on.

1 Like

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by pocohantas(f): 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hathor5:

Nigerians don't understand the value of positive reinforcement, not in child education and not in the work place.

No they don’t. They are paying you, they want to make profit, so you have to work till you quench. Oh, if you don’t, you are a lazy being. One that is oblivious of the travails of entrepreneurs. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Hathor5(f): 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
pocohantas:

No they don’t. They are paying you, they want to make profit, so you have to work till you quench. Oh, if you don’t, you are a lazy being. One that is oblivious of the travails of entrepreneurs. grin

Another form of modern day slavery.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by pocohantas(f): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
Romangalactic:

My baby is now into resource monitoring softwares, knows all abt it and how it doesn't cost much. kiss

What did u mean by medium-scale school tho, did u mean medium-sized?

No, I mean MEDIUM-SCALE, Mr screenshot.

Yes, it doesn’t cost a FORTUNE to deploy ERP solutions. Lots of tech companies already have readymade solutions for targeted industries. All they have to do is integrate you into the system and maybe white label it if you wish!!

I never said I know ALL about it, but I know the competition is stiff for tech companies and pricing is the USP many use to stay afloat. So, solutions are now affordable for MEDIUM-SCALE businesses.

This is the point you say “okay cool” or look for another “error“ hah? You can’t argue intellectually. You will na claim you wanted me to explain myself to you. My dear, read a little of everything. You sure couldn’t find a screenshot to attack this time, we switch to weapon 2, sarcasm... grin grin

I attached a screenshot for you o.

2 Likes

Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
Not just men, some women might also start saying "Fear Women" the way things are going.

Cassandra, you'll be so lucky if Funke doesn't sue you for defamation whether you signed and received a copy of the terms of employment or not. If she doesn't, then it would be because you're a "child" who wouldn't be able to pay up. What sort of gibberish is this? You're talking about slavery. Do you even know what slavery is at all? Will Funke jail you if you decided to leave (resign) the very day you got there and found the work unpleasant for your freedom and health as you claimed?

You hear of Funke Akindele today, do you have an idea of what she went through before becoming such an icon? Simply put, she brought the best (writing skills) out of you! Interestingly, you plan profiting from the skill as you indirectly advertised in your video. And the best you could do to appreciate her is this craze?

You talked about her mannerism, did she tell you she is an Oyinbo Woman that over-pampers? They have their own way of building/mentoring, we have ours. You are even a Yoruba Lady. angry Funke is not your average "butter" and you knew that and should have come ready for that and more.

Filling your CV with "...worked for Funke Akindele from... to..." would have made you attract a 5-digit salary (for a start) instantly either locally or overseas even if she never paid you a dime while working there.

See, in life, some people are destined to bring us opportunities and not money/comfort while it is the other way round with some other people. So, after you endured all you claimed, you still went further to slam the door of endless opportunities on yourself with the way you left?

Meanwhile, when we say some jobs are meant for guys, some ladies will claim, "what a man can do, a woman can do better." smiley Now, you're looking forward to having a Laptop of your own to resume writing as if owning a Laptop is some sort of luxury.

Apart from wanting to resume writing (as she pressured you back then), you are also copying Funke by gradually making YouTube Videos, and you can't see that the path you are toeing emerged from working with her? While no appreciation came from you to her, you could still stand before a low-budget camera to slander her? Now, that you have released a video, you are now healed. Right? In Jude Okoye's voice, na now u go blow, abi?

Funke is so good before the Camera but you were so unprofessional in your video. You could have gotten this skill for FREE from Funke in addition to the writing skills if your heart was good (humble) while you were there. You missed lots with your lack of foresight and bitterness/pettiness.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
It is everywhere in the developing world where the movie industry is poorly structured or has no structure at all.

In Hollywood, no matter how well paid you are, there are certain work hours you are expected to put in. No one has the right to make a crew member work longer hour than stipulated, and you cannot take their leisure time away from them.

But in Nollywood, producers like Funke Akindele call the shots and can overuse their cast however they like.
Re: Cassandra Owolabi Blasts Funke Akindele Shares Experience Working With Actress by Romangalactic(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
pocohantas:

No, I mean MEDIUM-SCALE, Mr screenshot.

Yes, it doesn’t cost a FORTUNE to deploy ERP solutions. Lots of tech companies already have readymade solutions for targeted industries. All they have to do is integrate you into the system and maybe white label it if you wish!!

I never said I know ALL about it, but I know the competition is stiff for tech companies and pricing is the USP many use to stay afloat. So, solutions are now affordable for MEDIUM-SCALE businesses.

This is the point you say “okay cool” or look for another “error“ hah? You can’t argue intellectually. You will na claim you wanted me to explain myself to you. My dear, read a little of everything. You sure couldn’t find a screenshot to attack this time, we switch to weapon 2, sarcasm... grin grin

I attached a screenshot for you o.
No need for u to shalaye, just please show a screenshot of something that says medium-scale SCHOOL, not BUSINESS. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bollywood Actor Irfan Khan Is Dead. / 2face: I Watched With Tears In My Eyes As Nigerians Came Out Protesting / Daisyzoealott: Lady Who Hushpuppi Allegedly Impregnated Blasts Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.