Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,910 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book (3896 Views)

How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino / Some Igbo Folklore Songs Long Forgotten / Google Honours Olaudah Equiano, Freed Slave Who Supported The British Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
HERE ARE SOME IGBO WORDS IN OLAUDAH EQUIANO'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY BOOK.

Sources:
✓ THE LIFE OF OLAUDAH EQUIANO OR GUSTAVUS VASSA THE AFRICAN WRITTEN BY himself published in 1837.

It's important to note that the accounts of OLAUDAH EQUIANO'S childhood picture about the Igbo customs and manners dates back to his birth year (1745).

Here are some Igbo words in his book, if you have any please do contribute:

1. Essaka: Essaka is the anglicized form of the original Igbo word ISSEKE(a community located in Ihiala local government area, Anambra state). It seems Essaka(Isseke) was the birth place of Olaudah Equiano. Citing from page 9 of his autobiography:
"...This kingdom is divided into many provinces or districts : in one of the most remote and fertile of which, was born,
in the year 1745, situated in a charming fruitful vale, named Essaka. The distance of this province from the capital of Benin and the sea coast must be very considerable..."

2. Embrenche: This is an anglicized form of the original Igbo word M[G]BURICHI(an act of facial scarification in Igboland which depicts -honour or Noble-). From his book on page 9;
"...My father was one of those elders or chiefs I have spoken of, and was styled Embrenche ; a term, as I remember, importing the highest distinction, and signifying in our language a mark of grandeur. This mark is conferred on the person entitled to it, by cutting the skin across at the top of the forehead, and drawing it down to the eye-brows : and while it is in this situation applying a warm hand, and rubbing it until it shrinks up into a thick weal across the lower part of the forehead..."

3. Eadas: This should be "Ede" in the Igbo language which means Cocoyam. From his book on page 13 and 42
"...Our vegetables are mostly plantains, eadas, yams, beans, and Indian corn...I shall therefore only observe, that in all the places where I was, the soil was exceedingly rich ; the pumpkins, eadas, plaintains, yams..."

4. Oye - Eboe: It's crystal clear that the Igbo word "Onye-Igbo/Ibo" was corrupted to "Oye-Eboe". Igbos who are from a particular district call other Igbos of other districts "Onye Igbo" if they don't know your name or your home town. And it's likely that the frequent usage of the term ONYE IGBO by Igbos made the Europeans to tag all Igbo speaking people as Igbo(NB- During the pre colonial times of the Igbos, no Igbo identified himself/herself as an Igbo person; they commonly identify themselves with the name of their districts like Isuama, Ohafia, Agbaja, Onitsha, Abor, Nri etc). From page 16;
"...These are sometimes visited by stout mahogany-colored men from the south-west of us: we call them Oye-Eboe, which term signifies red men living at a distance..."
–It is likely those mahogany stout men were Arochukwu men who dispersed in all IGBO areas for slaves–

5. Eboe- An anglicized form of "Igbo". From page 17;
"...The West India planters prefer the slaves of Benin or Eboe, to those of any other part of Guinea, for their hardiness, intelligence, integrity, and zeal..."
The Igbos during pre colonial era paid tributes to the Benin kingdom –which means they were subjects to the Oba of Benin–
"...our subjection to the king of Benin was little more than nominal ; for every transaction of the government, as far as my slender observation extended, was conducted by the chief or elders of the place..." - page 9

6. Olaudah- Olaudah is no form of anglicized Igbo word. Some Igbos still bear that archaic name as Olauda. OLA in the Igbo tongue means Wealth, riches etc and UDAH in the central Igbo/Isuama dialect means LOUD/CELEBRATED. I think if they (Ola+Udah meanings in Igbo) are juxtaposed with OLAUDAH'S narrative, they are related and close. From his book on page 23:
"...I was named Olaudah, which in our language signifies vicissitude, or fortunate ; also, one favored, and having a loud voice and well spoken..."

7. Ah Affoe Way Cah: It's a corruption of the Igbo words "Afor Nwoke"(pronounced Ah-for Wo Keh). Afor means a lot in Igbo - Year, Stomach, name of a market day -. Nwoke simply means man.
Page 24, "...They calculated our time, and foretold events, as their name imported, for we called them Ah-affoe way-cah, which signifies calculators or yearly men, our year being called Ah-affoe..."

8. Ah-affoe: "Afor"(meaning year in the Igbo tongue) is same with Ah-affoe. It was just corrupted! Reference same as 7.

5 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by Golan007: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
All anglicized.

Ring Ring.

grin
Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by IgboPikin: 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
Golan007:
All anglicized.

Ring Ring.

grin

The poster is correct bro. Stop being too anti-Igbo all the time

5 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by IgboPikin: 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
Golan007:
All anglicized.

Ring Ring.

grin
Besides there wasn't any written form of Igbo alphabet before the 20th century. People spelt words the way they were pronounced

5 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by RedboneSmith(m): 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2020

Sources:
✓ THE LIFE OF OLAUDAH EQUIANO OR GUSTAVUS VASSA THE AFRICAN WRITTEN BY himself published in 1837.

It's important to note that the accounts of OLAUDAH EQUIANO'S childhood picture about the Igbo customs and manners dates back to his birth year (1745).

1. Essaka: Essaka is the anglicized form of the original Igbo word ISSEKE(a community located in Ihiala local government area, Anambra state). It seems Essaka(Isseke) was the birth place of Olaudah Equiano. Citing from page 9 of his autobiography:
"...This kingdom is divided into many provinces or districts : in one of the most remote and fertile of which, was born,
in the year 1745, situated in a charming fruitful vale, named Essaka. The distance of this province from the capital of Benin and the sea coast must be very considerable..."

2. Embrenche: This is an anglicized form of the original Igbo word M[G]BURICHI(an act of facial scarification in Igboland which depicts -honour or Noble-). From his book on page 9;
"...My father was one of those elders or chiefs I have spoken of, and was styled Embrenche ; a term, as I remember, importing the highest distinction, and signifying in our language a mark of grandeur. This mark is conferred on the person entitled to it, by cutting the skin across at the top of the forehead, and drawing it down to the eye-brows : and while it is in this situation applying a warm hand, and rubbing it until it shrinks up into a thick weal across the lower part of the forehead..."

3. Eadas: This should be "Ede" in the Igbo language which means Cocoyam. From his book on page 13 and 42
"...Our vegetables are mostly plantains, eadas, yams, beans, and Indian corn...I shall therefore only observe, that in all the places where I was, the soil was exceedingly rich ; the pumpkins, eadas, plaintains, yams..."

4. Oye - Eboe: It's crystal clear that the Igbo word "Onye-Igbo/Ibo" was corrupted to "Oye-Eboe". Igbos who are from a particular district call other Igbos of other districts "Onye Igbo" if they don't know your name or your home town. And it's likely that the frequent usage of the term ONYE IGBO by Igbos made the Europeans to tag all Igbo speaking people as Igbo(NB- During the pre colonial times of the Igbos, no Igbo identified himself/herself as an Igbo person; they commonly identify themselves with the name of their districts like Isuama, Ohafia, Agbaja, Onitsha, Abor, Nri etc). From page 16;
"...These are sometimes visited by stout mahogany-colored men from the south-west of us: we call them Oye-Eboe, which term signifies red men living at a distance..."
–It is likely those mahogany stout men were Arochukwu men who dispersed in all IGBO areas for slaves–

"...The West India planters prefer the slaves of Benin or Eboe, to those of any other part of Guinea, for their hardiness, intelligence, integrity, and zeal..."
The Igbos during pre colonial era paid tributes to the Benin kingdom –which means they were subjects to the Oba of Benin–
"...our subjection to the king of Benin was little more than nominal ; for every transaction of the government, as far as my slender observation extended, was conducted by the chief or elders of the place..." - page 9

6. Olaudah- Olaudah is no form of anglicized Igbo word. Some Igbos still bear that archaic name as Olauda. OLA in the Igbo tongue means Wealth, riches etc and UDAH in the central Igbo/Isuama dialect means LOUD/CELEBRATED. I think if they (Ola+Udah meanings in Igbo) are juxtaposed with OLAUDAH'S narrative, they are related and close. From his book on page 23:
"...I was named Olaudah, which in our language signifies vicissitude, or fortunate ; also, one favored, and having a loud voice and well spoken..."

7. Ah Affoe Way Cah: It's a corruption of the Igbo words "Afor Nwoke"(pronounced Ah-for Wo Keh). Afor means a lot in Igbo - Year, Stomach, name of a market day -. Nwoke simply means man.
Page 24, "...They calculated our time, and foretold events, as their name imported, for we called them Ah-affoe way-cah, which signifies calculators or yearly men, our year being called Ah-affoe..."

8. Ah-affoe: "Afor"(meaning year in the Igbo tongue) is same with Ah-affoe. It was just corrupted! Reference same as 7.

Made a post at 2:28. Deactivated account less than an hour later. Who vex you, please?

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by Golan007: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
IgboPikin:

The poster is correct bro. Stop being too anti-Igbo all the time

Nothing would make me stop.

They've been having a field day running everyone else down.
Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2020

Sources:

So Great Benin Kingdom ruled the Igbos across the river Niger too...

3 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by AmuDimpka: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Yes Igbo defeated them by Agbor in 18th century

Did that again in 1967... Back-to-back

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by RedboneSmith(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

If across the Niger means Igbos in the Southeast, no. Never happened. Not everything in Equiano's book is true.

7 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
RedboneSmith:

If across the Niger means Igbos in the Southeast, no. Never happened. Not everything in Equiano's book is true.

Maybe not everything is true. But Equiano’s account of his own place of birth in Anambra state located in Southeast must be true.
Benin Kingdom ruled over parts of southeast (if not all of it)..

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Yes Igbo defeated them by Agbor in 18th century

Did that again in 1967... Back-to-back

Agbor that Oba Ovonramwen was just about to conquer and burn down if not for the British war which happened just at the same time. Or u didn’t know that Benin soldiers had already sorrounded Agbor just when Benin city fell to the British?
Go check your history again.

And besides, Agbor is not even Igbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by AmuDimpka: 6:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Agbor that Oba Ovonramwen was just about to conquer and burn down if not for the British war which happened just at the same time. Or u didn’t know that Benin soldiers had already sorrounded Agbor just when Benin city fell to the British?
Go check your history again.

And besides, Agbor is not even Igbo.

Benin that was so afraid that they built moat

LoL... Clown said Agbor isn't Igbo... Abeg argue with Wikipedia.... Go and argue with Ifeanyi Okowa

5 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Benin that was so afraid that they built moat

LoL... Clown said Agbor isn't Igbo... Abeg argue with Wikipedia.... Go and argue with Ifeanyi Okowa

Mugu I guess China was afraid or weak that’s why they built a wall..
indigenous people of Agbor are not Igbo. Go and ask their Obi.. he is the ruler of Agbor.

Your Biafra ends on the eastern side of river Niger.

3 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by RedboneSmith(m): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Maybe not everything is true. But Equiano’s account of his own place of birth in Anambra state located in Southeast must be true.

Then you'll have to come up with a good explanation as to why there is no mention of this rule at all in both Benin and southeast oral history, or in any of the records of history at our disposal.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Then you'll have to come up with a good explanation as to why there is no mention of this rule at all in both Benin and southeast oral history, or in any of the records of history at our disposal.

It’s in recorded history bro, if you research you will find.
The first educated Igbo man, Olaudah Equiano born 1725, wrote in his book about his birth place in present day Anambra state and said they were ruled by the Benin Kingdom and subjects to the Oba of Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by RedboneSmith(m): 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

The first educated Igbo man, Olaudah Equiano born 1725, wrote in his book about his birth place in present day Anambra state and said they were ruled by the Benin Kingdom and subjects to the Oba of Benin.

Like I said, not everything in Equiano's book is correct. He also said Benin shared boundary with the Kingdom of Abyssinia in Ethiopia which is wrong.

As long as there are no traditions or other eye-witness written evidence that corroborates Equiano's Benin story, I'm going to wave it aside as yet another piece of incorrect information in his book.

Equiano was too young when he left Africa to understand the regional politics of his day outside his own small village, so everything he wrote on that topic is most likely to have been extremely derivative anyway.

Benin was the best known empire in his part of West Africa, so he simply attached his village to this well-known empire for the benefit of his white audience.

4 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Like I said, not everything in Equiano's book is correct. He also said Benin shared boundary with the Kingdom of Abyssinia in Ethiopia which is wrong.

As long as there are no traditions or other eye-witness written evidence that corroborates Equiano's Benin story, I'm going to wave it aside as yet another piece of incorrect information in his book.

Equiano was too young when he left Africa to understand the regional politics of his day outside his own small village, so everything he wrote on that topic is most likely to have been extremely derivative anyway.

I guess a 12 year old boy in one small village in Igbo land now will know he is in Nigeria and buhari is the president.
Besides Equiano’s father was a chief so he will know well the politics of his place.

I’m not dragging supremacy with u.. it’s just history

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by RedboneSmith(m): 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

I guess a 12 year old boy in one small village in Igbo land now will know he is in Nigeria and buhari is the president.
Besides Equiano’s father was a chief so he will know well the politics of his place.

I’m not dragging supremacy with u.. it’s just history

You want to compare how a boy in today's Nigeria understands the world around him to how a boy in 18th century Nigeria understood the world around him? grin

Lol.

Equiano's reference to Benin in his book is propaganda for his audience. 18th century is not a long time ago. If Benin's political power extended to the SE in that century, traditions about it would have survived in both Benin and Igbo memory. That there is NO such traditions speaks volume.

In fact, when Onitsha was fleeing from Benin tyranny, they ran east. Why would someone fleeing from Benin power run to the southeast if Benin was also ruling there?

4 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
RedboneSmith:

Benin was the best known empire in his part of West Africa, so he simply attached his village to this well-known empire for the benefit of his white audience.

Igbos have in their oral history account of a war of resistance they fought against Benin Kingdom were thousands of fighters died on both sides. The war wasn’t fought in the west but deep in the southeast in Anambra and surrounding areas.

If you take that account plus Equiano’s story it seems very true that Benin Kingdom ruled in southeast Igboland maybe the rule wasn’t very long probably due to Igbo aggressive nature and the land not economically viable unlike the Yorubas that Benin Kingdom ruled for over 700years.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
RedboneSmith:

You want to compare how a boy in today's Nigeria understands the world around him to how a boy in 18th century Nigeria understood the world around him? grin

Lol.

Equiano's reference to Benin in his book is propaganda for his audience. 18th century is not a long time ago. If Benin's political power extended to the SE in that century, traditions about it would have survived in both Benin and Igbo memory. That there is NO such traditions speaks volume.

In fact, when Onitsha was fleeing from Benin tyranny, they ran east. Why would someone fleeing from Benin power run to the southeast if Benin was also ruling there?

Igbos have in their oral history account of a war of resistance they fought against Benin Kingdom were thousands of fighters died on both sides. The war wasn’t fought in the west but deep in the southeast in Anambra and surrounding areas.

If you take that account plus Equiano’s story it seems very true that Benin Kingdom ruled in southeast Igboland maybe the rule wasn’t very long probably due to Igbo aggressive nature and the land not economically viable unlike the Yorubas that Benin Kingdom ruled for over 700years.
Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by AmuDimpka: 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

Mugu I guess China was afraid or weak that’s why they built a wall..
indigenous people of Agbor are not Igbo. Go and ask their Obi.. he is the ruler of Agbor.

Your Biafra ends on the eastern side of river Niger.
Minority...you would always be defeated..make noise again

You know see as Ijaw take gelegele from una ..una with una weak elders no fit do anything

2 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by RedboneSmith(m): 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

This is a lie. This is a very big lie; and it is very unneccessary. You didn't have to, just for the sake of an argument?

The only kingdom that the people in the East fought with was the Igala.

2 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by gregyboy(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Minority...you would always be defeated..make noise again

You know see as Ijaw take gelegele from una ..una with una weak elders no fit do anything

Lol, when an inyamiris is pained slander becomes is tool

We were all here on nairaland when fellow nlanders were crying on behalf of ijaw, and we heard all forms bullshit talks from ijaw and how they will rain cat and dog on edo people, if dem do anyhow.....
Thier king ended up jailed thesame nalander cried on thier behalf too

See igbo man, we aint yorubas you tell shit, if una do anyhow una go see anyhow anofia.....

Mumu igboman

Mugu wen you be
Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
davidnazee:

There are many places in Igboland that answer Isseke and Essaka.

The op should not have pinpoint the one in Anambra.

Don't jubiliate over a false information.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
gregyboy:

Loo, when an inyamiris is pained slander becomes is tool

We were all here on nairaland when fellow nlanders were crying on behalf of ijaw, and we heard all forms bullshit talks from ijaw and that they will rain caytand dog on edo people if sem do anyhow.....

See igbo man we aint yorubas you tell shit, if una do anyhow una go see anyhow anofia.....

Mumu igboman

Mugu wwn you be

How dem go see anyhow?
Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 2:57am On Jun 30, 2020
Kwon1999:

There are many places in Igboland that answer Isseke and Essaka.

The op should not have pinpoint the one in Anambra.

Don't jubiliate over a false information.

Well you just confirmed Essaka which was under Benin Kingdom rule is Igboland.. or you didn’t realize that??

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by davidnazee: 3:02am On Jun 30, 2020
RedboneSmith:

This is a lie. This is a very big lie; and it is very unneccessary. You didn't have to, just for the sake of an argument?

The only kingdom that the people in the East fought with was the Igala.

You are definitely not an Igbo man.. every Igbo man recounts the war which they call “Agha Idu na Oba”.. if you are Igbo you will know the meaning..
FYI, during that war over 50k Igbo heads were taken by the Edo warriors.

The story or myth about the war is not a Benin traditional myth.. it’s an Igbo story. Here’s a link to it.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=308786379307172&id=306209646231512
Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by Shiver99: 3:58am On Jun 30, 2020
davidnazee:

Nope, that never happened.
He was simply reciting the poor and crude knowledge of Africa that was prevalent in Europe then. From the perspective of Europeans then, the kingdom of Benin stretched all the way from western Nigeria to east Africa, neighbouring modern day Ethiopia. This was because these were the few Africans they had actually met.

Think of it this way, in the minds of Nigerians every Asian with slitted eyes and white skin is Chinese. Except this comes from generalisation and not just pure Ignorance like the Europeans . Asians reading historical Nigerian literature, if they didn't know their history, would assume every oriental Asian i.e Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese, Kazakhstan, were part of a secret ancient Chinese empire.

Olaudah made sure to clarify after saying that his town was under benin ; that he nor anybody he knew had ever heard of the benin empire in their lives.

1 Like

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by RedboneSmith(m): 6:38am On Jun 30, 2020
davidnazee:

You are definitely not an Igbo man.. every Igbo man recounts the war which they call “Agha Idu na Oba”.. if you are Igbo you will know the meaning..
FYI, during that war over 50k Igbo heads were taken by the Edo warriors.

The story or myth about the war is not a Benin traditional myth.. it’s an Igbo story. Here’s a link to it.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=308786379307172&id=306209646231512

Aya Idu na Oba was fought by Anioma communities in Delta State. Agbor, Ubulu-Uku, the Umuezechime clans in Aniocha, Ibusa, etc. No Southeast community fought any Aya Idu na Oba. If you claim otherwise mention one SE town that fought any such war and back it up with references.

A Facebook post from an obscure unknown person ranting incoherently about Annunaki and Sumer and Atlantis is not a reference, sir. I can go on my Facebook wall this minute and type that my village warriors in Illah flew on tortoises to Mexico to help Emperor Montezuma fight the Spanish, and someone will share the link as evidence that it happened. Give me a proper reference from a reliable source. A link that mentions specific towns in the Southeast that went to war with Benin. This thing is not a reference.

3 Likes

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 30, 2020
davidnazee:

Well you just confirmed Essaka which was under Benin Kingdom rule is Igboland.. or you didn’t realize that??

There are issekes in western Igbo land, as well as Eastern igbo land.

Not: Igbo land doesn't end in Southeast.
Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by AmuDimpka: 9:47am On Jun 30, 2020
gregyboy:

Loo, when an inyamiris is pained slander becomes is tool

We were all here on nairaland when fellow nlanders were crying on behalf of ijaw, and we heard all forms bullshit talks from ijaw and that they will rain caytand dog on edo people if sem do anyhow.....

See igbo man we aint yorubas you tell shit, if una do anyhow una go see anyhow anofia.....

Mumu igboman

Mugu wwn you be

Which jail? noise maker

Yoruba has taken Akoko Edo side
The Igbo have taken Igbanke Side
The Ijaw have taken the Gelegele
Urhobo have taken theirs

What do you have left... My minority brother

Did you see how your defeat came ....

Re: Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book by gregyboy(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Which jail? noise maker

Yoruba has taken Akoko Edo side
The Igbo have taken Igbanke Side
The Ijaw have taken the Gelegele
Urhobo have taken theirs

What do you have left... My minority brother

Did you see how your defeat came ....

And you didnt post thier aftermath screenshot and ogbemudia took back edo state and drove the Flattino soldiers.....

If we the weaponries to defend ourselves, we will conquer the full south east without sweat

Abi you think say we be yoruba

Mugu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Igbo And Ibibio Speaking Peoples Of South Eastern Nigeria Map. / Benin Influence On Yorubas / Pics From My Trip To Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.