Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Best Tribe For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Tribe For Nigeria (4833 Views)

Nigeria And IBOPHOBIA - Fear Of The Ibo Tribe / Do You Know Nigeria Has An Ethnic Arab Tribe ? / Population Census 2005 (for Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Tribe For Nigeria by diamondd(f): 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2007
which tribe do you think would rule naija best and please give reasons
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 12:08am On Jun 14, 2007
@diamondd

Thank you my diamond sista!  See the way you put the question in a mature manner without insulting any tribe? cool  I think Nigeria is ready for a 1st female presido!  Diamondd for president!!!!!!.  If not Nigeria, then please accept second price of being the true queen mother of Niaraland! grin  You make me proud!  I am going to be like you when I grow up! wink  Unfortunately, all these cyber tribalistic "agberos" will definitely polutpollute topic with their Testosterone Infested Tribalism.  I do not even bother to visit all those areas anymore.

To answer your question.  I love my Hausa brodas and sistas the best!  While they have their own problems like every tribe, they are way better than we southerners.  You did not ask me for the "negatives",  so I will stick to the positive aspects of the Hausa/Fulani--- in short--- the northern tribe of Nigeria.

1.  They are humble.  A trait that most of the so called  Christian superiorities can never dream of. They are not lousy and offensively gregarious!

2.  They share what they have with their neighbours and families----------minimal rivalry or competition unlike "you know who them"!

3. They never venture out of Nigeria in droves, much unlike we southerners that must live in every part of the world.-------- I know grin ---I am one of them! Northerners love to live in Nigeria.  They travel, I understand, but you do not see them going to line up for days outside foreign embassies. No like too much wahala!

4.  Minimal involvement in International crime rings unlike "you know who them"!  No 419, drug swallowing and pooping at MMA(Murtala Muhammad Airport) or other international airports.  The list goes on and on but I will pause for now! I dey shame! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by denex: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2007
Can we just abandon tribal issues?

What kind of reasoning is best tribe?
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by docokwy(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2007
MILITIA:

@diamondd

Thank you my diamond sista! See the way you put the question in a mature manner without insulting any tribe? cool I think Nigeria is ready for a 1st female presido! Diamondd for president!!!!!!. If not Nigeria, then please accept second price of being the true queen mother of Niaraland! grin You make me proud! I am going to be like you when I grow up! wink Unfortunately, all these cyber tribalistic "agberos" will definitely polutpollute topic with their Testosterone Infested Tribalism. I do not even bother to visit all those areas anymore.

To answer your question. I love my Hausa brodas and sistas the best! While they have their own problems like every tribe, they are way better than we southerners. You did not ask me for the "negatives", so I will stick to the positive aspects of the Hausa/Fulani--- in short--- the northern tribe of Nigeria.

1. They are humble. A trait that most of the so called Christian superiorities can never dream of. They are not lousy and offensively gregarious!

2. They share what they have with their neighbours and families----------minimal rivalry or competition unlike "you know who them"!

3. They never venture out of Nigeria in droves, much unlike we southerners that must live in every part of the world.-------- I know grin ---I am one of them! Northerners love to live in Nigeria. They travel, I understand, but you do not see them going to line up for days outside foreign embassies. No like too much wahala!

4. Minimal involvement in International crime rings unlike "you know who them"! No 419, drug swallowing and pooping at MMA(Murtala Muhammad Airport) or other international airports. The list goes on and on but I will pause for now! I dey shame! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Is that an answer to the question?
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by McKren(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2007
denex:

Can we just abandon tribal issues?

What kind of reasoning is best tribe?

Is it their fault? is'nt that Nigeria's idea of the best candidate for President, chief of army staff, inspector general of police etc.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by babasin(m): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2007
Ghana-Must-Go

grin cheesy grin
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Larufa(m): 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2007
We should be talking about attribute/character of  the Best person for the job, not tribe. Best person can come from any of our tribe.

He should be :
1. Humble like Abiola
2. Well read and have wide knowlegde base like AWO
3. Man of his word like Emeka Anyanko
4. Peace loving like Great Zik
5. Visionary and pro-active like Tinubu
6. Understand Nigeria situation like Chris Ngige
7. Must believe in the rule of Law like Atiku and Peter Obi
8. Must have " We can do attitude" like the Saudi'89 Flying Eagles
9. Self displine like Buhari
10. Listening and responsive person `

1 Like

Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by denex: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2007
@larufa

please can I appeal to you to deter from mentioning the name of a well known criminal, economic sabotuer, 419, money launderer and coup sponsor among the characters that a Nigerian president should look up to?
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by oberon(m): 10:40am On Jun 15, 2007
I think Militia forgot to include Babangida,Shagari,Umaru Dikko,Abacha the era of awarding oil blocs to hair dressers,building mansions in foreign capitals for girlfriends and foreign trips for mistresses come to think of it , hmm, u live overseas?, hmm
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by angel101(f): 10:51am On Jun 15, 2007
oberon:

I think Militia forgot to include Babangida,Shagari,Umaru Dikko,Abacha the era of awarding oil blocs to hair dressers,building mansions in foreign capitals for girlfriends and foreign trips for mistresses come to think of it , hmm, u live overseas?, hmm

grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by initiator(m): 11:30am On Jun 15, 2007
If diamod and militia no get work to do xcept cooking up tribal topics then they should boz off.
I thought we had all outgrown stupid tribal talk.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Beline(f): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2007
i thought it is a person that rule or does tribe rule now? and what is all these talk about tribe this and that?

If we are truly one as you proclaim can we drop this tribe issue and face each problem and find solution to it on it basic rather than relating it to the tribe where that particular individual comes from.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by diamondd(f): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2007
Militia babes i dey for you anytime jare

and people please dunt y are you all talking like tribal concern isnt any important, now we all no no matter who can rule nigeria better they all owe it to their honesty and humbleness, upbrings and most especially the community they grew up it which may or may not constitute their tribe but all the same tribal issue is still really important in the upbring of our nation.

please just state ur opinion and reasons for it dunt hate

i'm a yoruba and most not all the yoruba presido's have been jack asses sorry to say but read me well i said not all!!!!!!
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2007
@diamondd
Thanks sista.  At least we did not go about Nigerian tribal sentiments like these blood thirsty "boys" around this web page.

To the rest of you who feel we should "eat crow"-----------  All I say is take a good look at yourselves and answer the question.  We are making general statements here, on BEST TRIBE FOR NIGERIA ,  so calling individuals names like Bagandida and Abacha is pointless because our own tribes are worse.  Rather than list your the positive traits in your own tribe, you are fuming of stinking gas! 

I guess I was right after all!  It looks like I owe OBJ an apology for selecting Y'ardua. OBJ knew us very well---empty vessels and chronic crooks! That is why we have "Y'ardua" now.  Shameless southern Nigeria!  God bless our hausa brodas and sistas!  Even with all their religious intolerance, I would prefer them as neighbours any day than my 419ing, liaring, thieving, noisy southern mugus!
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 16, 2007
at people saying ethnic group does not matter in Nigeria, which Nigeria have you been living in?. . .Last I checked, presidency allocation is on a spin cycle, I wonder why this is! In most positions, PDP have already zoned it out based on ethnicity, let's stop kidding ourselves. As much as we might want to deny it, ethnicity does matter in Nigeria.

If Donald Duke was from the North, he would have become President by now. He has to wait for 8 years to even get a chance, all because of his ethnicity.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 8:52am On Jun 16, 2007
And the best tribe is--------------------------Hausa! grin

@docokwy
Sorry you lost!  At least I tried to answer the question.  Any suggestions?  While I might get a "C' grade for attempting the question, you on the other hand gets a flat "F" or "Z" grade for misfiring off the mark!  Alhaji "no idea sir"!
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2007
@Xtycod

Thank you sir! Any suggestions on why your tribe is the best? You also get an "F" for misfiring. Please concentrate on the questions and do not bring your calabar "houseboy" logic here!
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2007
@Xtycod
You get another "F"!  Omigosh!  How you take pass for school! shocked  The topic is best tribe not "corruption"---And you say you no be calabar houseboy? embarassed As for that your "kinky" habit of Slapping my you know what--- you will have to wait in line for that! cool
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2007
@Xtycod

Thank you for the compliment! Now who is the dummy donkey arse? What an irredeemable dunce you are! Typical calabar mentality!  You can only mention Donald Duke out of how many southerners shocked  For the rest do not count!

So what can you deduce from the qualities listed above from my first posting?  I see you cannot connect the dots since all you see, smell, touch, feel and think is your almighty[b] "Congo Meat" [/b] in calabar there!

1. Humility.

2. Teamwork oriented--sharing and solving problems.

3. Pride in your own environment.  Staying in Nigeria because you feel it is the best place for you despite its hardships.

4.  Integrity-----------------avoiding local and international crime sprees, lying, cheating, stealing and making a global nuisance of one's self!

Have I spelled it out for you now?  Northerners or Southerners?  Which sets of tribes display more?  75% of Northerners have these qualities while less than 5% of Southerners are still struggling to understand these!

You calabar houseboy that constantly thinks with his 2 inch penis!  All you know how to do is insult other tribes.  I think I know what  your problem is. You did not breast feed for enough time,------ to get your immunities and faculties well developed.  You need to dig ya mama up and breast feed some more.  You really need it.  The first year of your life must have been very traumatic for you, since the  basic foundation for "self" trust was denied you. You feel totally disconnected from your roots, any  sense of reality or belonging around you.  You are truly a sick, lost soul! An intellectual carcase!  May God continue to offer you peace of mind!  You are a world class idiot! sad You dog meat!
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by mohadana: 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by diamondd(f): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2007
ouch ;d ;d ;d
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2007
All tribes have bad people South have Ibori's Anenih's Obasanjo, Chris Uba, Adedibu, Chimaraoke
North have Abacha, IBB, etc
But the south also have people like Emeka Anyaoku, Orji Kalu, Awolowo, Tinubu, Donald Duke, Enahoro
And North have Ahmadu Bello, Buhari e.t.c

Summary All are good and all are bad
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Mariory(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2007
MILITIA:

@Xtycod

Thank you for the compliment! Now who is the dummy donkey arse? What an irredeemable dunce you are! Typical calabar mentality! You can only mention Donald Duke out of how many southerners shocked For the rest do not count!

So what can you deduce from the qualities listed above from my first posting? I see you cannot connect the dots since all you see, smell, touch, feel and think is your almighty[b] "Congo Meat" [/b] in calabar there!

1. Humility.

2. Teamwork oriented--sharing and solving problems.

3. Pride in your own environment. Staying in Nigeria because you feel it is the best place for you despite its hardships.

4. Integrity-----------------avoiding local and international crime sprees, lying, cheating, stealing and making a global nuisance of one's self!

Have I spelled it out for you now? Northerners or Southerners? Which sets of tribes display more? 75% of Northerners have these qualities while less than 5% of Southerners are still struggling to understand these!

You calabar houseboy that constantly thinks with his 2 inch penis! All you know how to do is insult other tribes. I think I know what your problem is. You did not breast feed for enough time,------ to get your immunities and faculties well developed. You need to dig ya mama up and breast feed some more. You really need it. The first year of your life must have been very traumatic for you, since the basic foundation for "self" trust was denied you. You feel totally disconnected from your roots, any sense of reality or belonging around you. You are truly a sick, lost soul! An intellectual carcase! May God continue to offer you peace of mind! You are a world class idiot! sad You dog meat!

Ouchy!

Looks like the politics section has become 'Racism, Tribalism, Sectarianism'
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by laudate: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2007
MILITIA:

@Xtycod

Thank you for the compliment! Now who is the dummy donkey arse? What an irredeemable dunce you are! Typical calabar mentality!  You can only mention Donald Duke out of how many southerners shocked  For the rest do not count!.

MILITIA:

You calabar houseboy that constantly thinks with his 2 inch penis!  All you know how to do is insult other tribes.  I think I know what  your problem is. You did not breast feed for enough time,------ to get your immunities and faculties well developed.  You need to dig ya mama up and breast feed some more.  You really need it.  The first year of your life must have been very traumatic for you, since the  basic foundation for "self" trust was denied you. You feel totally disconnected from your roots, any  sense of reality or belonging around you.  You are truly a sick, lost soul! An intellectual carcase!  May God continue to offer you peace of mind!  You are a world class idiot! sad You dog meat!

Kai!! tongue Militia??!! Chei! Chei!! Chei!!! shocked Open yah window first, make I see the kind mouth wey you take talk this one! shocked  shocked
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Imani(f): 12:43am On Jun 17, 2007
Is there anything like best tribe

If Donald Duke was from the North, he would have become President by now. He has to wait for 8 years to even get a chance, all because of his ethnicity.
[quote][/quote]

Could that also be because there is some kind of "zoning agreement" with respect to the presidency? The South had been in power for 8 years and it was only "fair" for the presidency to "revert" back to the North. I am not saying this system is right. In order words, If it had been the other way round, with the North in power for so many years, i believe the presidency would have been zoned to the South and Donald Duke would have been one of the best candidates to represent the South and would have had a very good chance of being elected.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 17, 2007
@Imani

What was my post about?. . .Wasn't it about zoning?. . .If ethnicity didn't matter in Nigeria, then there would be no zoning. For the mere fact that there is a zoning arrangement, that means that ethnicity does matter. Now read properly before you reply, thank you!
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Imani(f): 1:35am On Jun 17, 2007
Donzman:

@Imani

What was my post about?. . .Wasn't it about zoning?. . .If ethnicity didn't matter in Nigeria, then there would be no zoning. For the mere fact that there is a zoning arrangement, that means that ethnicity does matter. Now read properly before you reply, thank you!

I can read. Thank you!

My post is not to say ethnicity is not important but to suggest that, despite the fact Donald Duke is a Cross River man and not one of the "usual" Igbo or Yoruba southern candidates from the South, his record and popularity may have blurred that ethnicity barrier to an extent as he probably would have had the backing of most of the southern tribes. This is just my opinion so you don't have to accept it.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 17, 2007
Nobody said ethnicity was EVERYTHING but it does matter, root of the matter.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by Imani(f): 2:28am On Jun 17, 2007
@Topic,

The best tribe is most likely your own tribe. . . .because everyone acts in their own self interest.

And in a tribalistic society like ours, it would be "suicidal" to suggest otherwise.

I just hope we attempt to get to a point where we begin to see beyond the tribe issue.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by denex: 6:16am On Jun 17, 2007
Now that we have vigorously debated the best tribe, I think we have finally reached a level of maturity where we can begin to determine:

What is the complexion for Nigeria.

I'm starting this new thread next week to enable everyone gather enough information on what exact shade of skin colour you feel will rule Nigeria best.

Since we're always finding ways to segregate ourselves.
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by MILITIA(f): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2007
@denex

Any complexion from Northern Nigeria!----Absolutely nothing from the south! grin We ye ye too much! embarassed I say I dey shame!
Re: Best Tribe For Nigeria by nnenneigbo(f): 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2007
MILITIA:

@denex

Any complexion from Northern Nigeria!----Absolutely nothing from the south! grin We ye ye too much! embarassed I say I dey shame!
put comma for that yeye, talk of your self abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Life Is Under Threat — 106-year-old Man ! / The Nigerian Army Vows To Get Rid Of Ethnic And Religious Bigots / So Naija & S.A Are Not The Richest Countries In Africa Afterall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.