Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? (552 Views)

Wizkid Reveals His Only Religion Is Music / "The State House Stinks, We Might Build Our Own" - Davido / Sarkodie Attacked In Fight Between Davido And Wizkid's Crew In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Does religion have more power than government?

Generally, I’d say yes.

Religion relies primarily upon the power of loving persuasion—the power to help people to change their hearts/minds for the better so that they freely choose to do better on their own. This affects people in lasting ways.

Politics relies primarily upon the power of manipulation, coercion, breaking things, and killing people. Such power changes outward behavior but it doesn’t necessarily affect people’s hearts/minds at all. As such, its effects are fleeting.

I think that it’s telling that, after 2000 years, the Roman legions are now nothing but dust while Christianity is a force to reckon with over 2 billion followers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFdKcUBPhw

Them pedophiles are coming out of the church and nowhere else and they are rapists!

They cruxified Christ for kicking money changers and devil worshippers out of the Isreali Temples!

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Black Rome the cruxifiers of the Black Christ
Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you lock people out of the kingdom of heaven. For you do not go in yourselves, and when others are going in, you stop them. 15Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cross sea and land to make a single convert, and you make the new convert twice as much a child of hell as yourselves. 16“Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the sanctuary is bound by nothing, but whoever swears by the gold of the sanctuary is bound by the oath.’17You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the sanctuary that has made the gold sacred? 18And you say, ‘Whoever swears by the altar is bound by nothing, but whoever swears by the gift that is on the altar is bound by the oath.’ 19How blind you are! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred?20So whoever swears by the altar, swears by it and by everything on it; 21and whoever swears by the sanctuary, swears by it and by the one who dwells in it; 22and whoever swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by the one who is seated upon it. 23“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. It is these you ought to have practiced without neglecting the others. 24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel! 25“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup, so that the outside also may become clean. 27“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which on the outside look beautiful, but inside they are full of the bones of the dead and of all kinds of filth. 28So you also on the outside look righteous to others, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous,30and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31Thus you testify against yourselves that you are descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32Fill up, then, the measure of your ancestors.33You snakes, you brood of vipers! How can you escape being sentenced to hell?

34Therefore I send you prophets, sages, and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town, 35so that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. 36Truly I tell you, all this will come upon this generation. 37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 38See, your house is left to you, desolate. 39For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
27“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which on the outside look beautiful, but inside they are full of the bones of the dead and of all kinds of filth

This woe is specifically addressing human sacrifice which was just as common today as it was back then.

Wake up out your slumber

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
28So you also on the outside look righteous to others, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

This woe deals with the hypocrisy of rape protests while allowing the all male cult to go unpunished for raping women and defiling children by the millions.
Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
23“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith

This woe speaks on the abuse of tithes and the lack of interest in ending poverty. Over 100 million Nigerians live in abject poverty.

Praise former Oyo governor Ajimobi who was the first politician to dare tax their tithes to assist the state. To assist the state is to assist the people.

Wake up out your slumber

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 5:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
Everytime I see pictures like this the angrier I become.

You got 3 years to clean it up before the age of Sango officially begins.

Name them devils or suffer the wrath of change
Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Religion has always been the problem and nothing else.
Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nigerian police have identified a pedophile ring and rescued 3 children. The state is doing its duty to service the people because the state are the people. The military has killed over 500 terrorists and they are valiantly performing their duty. Yet the state is overwhelmed by the amount of evil within the society. What ever happens bad the state is only coming after to clean it up. This is where religion has failed to curve the hearts and spirits from sin. What they are doing is making these worse so the problem is religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBEVd3hTKk

You have 3 years then Sango will do His duty!

Ṣàngó

Ṣàngó is viewed as the most powerful and feared of the orisha pantheon

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 11:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
Black Rome the cruxifiers of the Black Christ and killers of God's prophets. Nasty Black Rome chief among rebels to God Almighty!
Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
In the Hebrew Hermetic system of the Moors of Europe the archangel Michael plays the same role as Sango. Micheal is the God of fire and justice.

Fear and obey Sango's laws because Sango is very real.

It is taken from a prophecy recreated from the Bible in a song of a slave: "God gave Noah the rainbow sign, No more water, the fire next time!"

Your arms are too short to box with God

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2020
Why not change religion for once? You change governors, parties and presidents so often then why not religion?

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
He who fears death is in denial

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 7:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
“The devil led him up to a high place and showed him an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, ’I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me and I can give it to anyone I want to. So, if you worship me it will all be yours” (Luke: 4:5-7).

This world ruled by demons

Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
Homosexuality is apart of devil worship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOjs4nl0nU
Re: Why Do Reformers Challenge The State When Christ Attacked Religion? by GodwalksEarth: 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
bebure:
Now this is just a question, it does not neccessarily reflect my views. In Nigeria, we have the lowest people to church ratio in the world. Even the Vatican City cannot boast of such a feat. It appears on every street corner there is a church. I live in the southern part of the country and majority of the people there are christians so I'll focus on The Christian Church in Nigeria.
There seems to be three types of people who go to church in Nigeria. There are the poor people who go there because they believe if the pastor prays for them they will get out of their current condition without ever having a plan to succeed or working towards a goal and then the rich use Sundays as an opportunity to show off their expensive lace and their new jeeps and then of course there are those who genuinely believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
A lot of the pastors are in it for the money, for them it is a very lucrative business. For example, my good friend attended the funeral of the Late Mrs Bimbo Odukoya (who I believe was one of the true believers) and many well known pastors from all over the country flocked into the place with limousines, luxury vehicles and even a private jet, while the vast majority their congregation suffered in poverty.
Another example I have is from my aunty's former church in Virginia, USA. It is a very famous ministry with branches all over the world. Anyway, the pastor had been collecting donations from the congregation for at least five years claiming that it was going towards building a proper location for the church rather than them having to rent a kindergatten classroom on Sundays. Eventually one of the members of the congregation went to Nigeria for a holiday only to find that the pastor had been using the money to build a mansion for himself in VGC.
The point I'm trying to make is this: Do you feel we in Nigeria have developed a culture of giving what little we have to the so called Men of God to solve our problems with their special prayers? Is it time more of us start applying the principle of heaven helps those who help themselves?

(1) (Reply)

Tacha Unfollows Her Best Friend, Sir Dee, For Giving Mercy Eke A Shoutout / The Expensive Mistake From 2017 That Led To The Arrest Of Hushpuppi In 2020 / Using Your Tithe To Buy Alcohol Is Not A Sin – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.