Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri (88592 Views)

Abubakri Yekini's ThisDay Newspaper Advert Discrediting #EndSARS Report / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by peeps4u: 10:52am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

She didn't ask anyone to close their shop.
The Oyo state government has hundreds of aides that could have paid the former governor a visit.
Even at that, a phone call would have been sufficient. No closing of shops.

Nawa oooo. So the deputy that went there to represent the governor wasnt enough? Or you want them to leave Ibadan and go to Lagos to visit a covid patient who was unconscious?
Who is then the greater aide than the deputy that should have gone?
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2020
ojuu4u:

Read before you attack sir, a wife that can't close shop just a day for husband that she won't see again & again, this is the husband that made her everything she is today, how much profiteer she wants to gain that day sir? Billions?? Does billions equivalent to her husband life Will the shop wont close down for lockdown or any emergency? Yet such wife was crying on top of her voice that a whole gov of a state didn't pay her visit for the demise of her husband. Its a great disservice! In fact greatest hypocracy!!
It is not a shop.
It is a BUSINESS.
You should close a shop bu not a business.
The only thing that should stop a business from operating si bankruptcy, debt, or law.
Not even the owners death should affect a business.

Karlifate:
How much will she lose for NOT opening the shop for a day?
This is the same woman using some cheap emotional blackmail on Governor Seyi Makinde.

It is not a shop.
It is a BUSINESS.
Use Google for clarification.

knowhowk:
Politics Ignorance is one of the reasons lazy mentality like your comments thrives
No.
You are too dumb to realize that a proper business is separate from the owner.
The fact that the shop is operating smoothly without her involvement is the hallmark of successful businesses.
It will take years to properly educate you on how efficient economies work.

I wouldn't want to be late for a meeting because the airline CEO/owner died let alone their spouse.

You got it wrong, Nigeria will be competing with top economies if just 10% of the populace
understand market economy. So, "mentality" like mine does not thrive at all.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2020
SweetiliciousD:

Taaaaaa...

If that shop is linked to her and her family, needless to say it ought to shut down as a mark of respect for the head and breadwinners' interment.

A mark of greater loyalty and love for £$€¥¢=N=

rayblast:
what is dis one saying footballers that does that r mad abi? even in d market if any of d executives dies d market will be closed for a day at least

I don't blame you. Most of you don't know jack about business.
You might know about manning a shop but not running a proper business.
In a truly competitive market, you wouldn't survive.

BTW, a footballer does not own a business, he has a job.
If he dies or gets maimed, his job is over.

Business 101 for you guys:
A business is different from the owner.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by hush15: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

No one who sits at home is being paid at least not as in normal rate.
Don't confuse non-essential government workers with proper company staff.
Business exists to make a profit.
If you don't work, you get nothing.

I don't reply imbe ciles but I will make an exception here.
Do you think Makinde is the one building roads, collecting tax, or screening contracts?
When we talk about the government, we refer to thousands of people who actually run
things. They were present before the current admin and will still outlast.

The governor and his aides leave the affair of the state when they interact with their family, sleep, and
even pray. You see the government won't collapse because the governor made a 3 minutes official call.

That nobody is being paid normal is false. I know of many people whose salaries are still intact despite being at home for almost 3months. In fact, they evolved into working from home where possible. That some reduced payments doesn't change the fact they being paid even still for sitting at home till the eased lockdown but all that is not the point.

The point is how you support double standards is the point. Its not the government didn't reach out if you been following the news but that she she didn't open her doors to them which she acknowledged during the deputy governor's visit cos of land they tried to acquire, a whole 48plots to themselves but because she is aware that she is intentionally avoiding the guy while.trying to use higher powers like the VP to make request. She doesn't have the governor's number or the deputy's number for an ex governor shows the kind of bitterness she has towards the current government, even when they quarrelling, its not that she won't have their numbers being an ex officio. Anyway, they can go to hell for I care cos such arrogance, I can't bear.

Her husband who couldn't pay pensioners who served more than 8yrs that he served, and here she is claiming a sense of entitlement for just 8yrs. Someone who ignored lautech cos he is constituted authority whereas demanding sense of entitlement in death through his arrogant wife is all trash.

Her own party members were busy playing politics with her dead husband but blaming Makinde and his team for ignorance is the biggest hypocrisy ever.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by peeps4u: 10:54am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

She did not expect the governor to visit.
Makinde owes them nothing.
She expected the government to have made contact even a call while he was sick.
Note the difference?

What phone call again? Didnt you read where it was stated they called her but didnt respond. They even contacyrd Hamzat and SanwoOlu just to reach her yet she declined? What more calls should have been made?
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2020
peeps4u:

Nawa oooo. So the deputy tjat went there to represent the governor wasnt enough? Who is then the greater aide than the deputy that should have gone?
It seems you didn't read the original story.
She complained that the government did not enquire about her husband's
health while he was alive.
She wasn't aking for Makinde or his deputy's visit.
Her complain is that they never made contact.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2020
peeps4u:

What phone call again? Didnt you read where it was stated they called her but didnt respond. They even contacyrd Hamzat and SanwoOlu just to reach her yet she declined? What more calls should have been made?
The deputy claimed that he called her.
But why will she pick an unknown number?
Even the deputy himself will not pick an unknown number.
If the government wants to reach someone, they know how to do it.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by peeps4u: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

It seems you didn't read the original story.
She complained that the government did not enquire about her husband's
health while he was alive.
She wasn't aking for Makinde or his deputy's visit.
Her complain is that they never made contact.

But the allegation was debunked by the govt. Calls were placed to her which she didn't respond to her. It was even reported she declined even after Hamzat and SanwoOlu also were contacted to reach her. Her excuse was that she doesn't pick unknown numbers. Whose fault is that for not picking strange numbers?
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by tot(f): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

Let the dead bury the dead....

She has staffs, they take care of the shop...

Didn't Bianca ojukwu went to meet Fani kayode 2 days after Ojukwu burial?? Didn't she??

We know the rest stories grin

Staff

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by peeps4u: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

The deputy claimed that he called her.
But why will she pick an unknown number?
Even the deputy himself will not pick an unknown number.
If the government wants to reach someone, they know how to do it.

The fact she was called but didn't pick it is no one's fault but hers. She has PAs that can pivk the calls on her behalf. Dont u read news where journalists say they contact certain politicians on phone?

It is her decision and right not to pick unknown numbers but she shouldn't blame anyone that calls her but doesn't pick it because she doesnt know their numbers.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2020
hush15:

That nobody is being paid normal is false. I know of many people whose salaries are still intact despite being at home for almost 3months. In fact, they evolved into working from home where possible. That some reduced payments doesn't change the fact they being paid even still for sitting at home till the eased lockdown but all that is not the point.
You are contradicting yourself.
No one is being paid in full while doing no work.
Working from home is part of working.
Any business(not the government) that pays workers for free won't survive for long.

The point is how you support double standards is the point. Its not the government didn't reach out if you been following the news but that she she didn't open her doors to them which she acknowledged during the deputy governor's visit cos of land they tried to acquire, a whole 48plots to themselves but because she is aware that she is intentionally avoiding the guy while.trying to use higher powers like the VP to make request. She doesn't have the governor's number or the deputy's number for an ex governor shows the kind of bitterness she has towards the current government, even when they quarrelling, its not that she won't have their numbers being an ex officio. Anyway, they can go to hell for I care cos such arrogance, I can't bear.
Of course, they can go to hell.
That's the whole point.
I don't actually expect Makinde to visit or call while the former governor was sick.
All he needed to do is get one of his aides to make contact and ask if they need help.
Nothing more.

Her husband who couldn't pay pensioners who served more than 8yrs that he served, and here she is claiming a sense of entitlement for just 8yrs. Someone who ignored lautech cos he is constituted authority whereas demanding sense of entitlement in death through his arrogant wife is all trash.

Her own party members were busy playing politics with her dead husband but blaming Makinde and his team for ignorance is the biggest hypocrisy ever.
I knew the bile poured on the woman has nothing to do with her "shop" but the belief of some people
that the function of government is to carry out revenge on their behalf.
It is predictable that you descend into political rhetoric.
The deputy should have reeled out his sins to her face rather than claiming to use an unknown number to call a former governor's wife.
Pretense is disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by SweetiliciousD: 11:08am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

I don't blame you. Most of you don't know jack about business.
You might know about manning a shop but not running a proper business.
In a truly competitive market, you wouldn't survive.

BTW, a footballer does not own a business, he has a job.
If he dies or gets maimed, his job is over.

Business 101 for you guys:
A business is different from the owner.

Your business, shop crap doesn't add up.

Take it or take it, we know where the loyalty lies.
Las Las.....
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by DenreleDave(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2020
tot:

Staff

Staffs
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by quietmagic582: 11:09am On Jun 30, 2020
You're actually the only fools her if you see nothing wrong that the wife of the deceased cant honoring her late husband by closing her business for just a day to pay last respect to her own husband this is the man who make her everything she was today. I think The problem of people like you is cos you read too many books that why you've totally loss your sense of humanity. We are humans and not chickens for heaven sake

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by tot(f): 11:11am On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

Staffs

Continue using the wrong word.. GrammarNazi will come for you one of these days.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 11:11am On Jun 30, 2020
SweetiliciousD:

Your business, shop crap doesn't add up.

Take it or take it, we know where the loyalty lies.
Las Las.....
There is loyalty and there is eye service.
I wouldn't want my card to stop working because some Mastercard owners died in plane crash.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by mofedamijo(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2020
That depends on the kind of business. If you have a manager and hardly go to your business physically then you might not close it, or sometimes, you totally forget it exist. Do you expect a bank, amazon, alibaba, shoprite, virgin Atlantic etc to close down when they lose a love one?? I don't think so.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by oruma19: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

Are you describing your mother or a stranger you have never met?
Either way, you are clearly sick.

The government is not a business.
It can afford to not function as long as it likes.
In reality, the government never closes "shops".
I know u don't have a mother. If u had any atall, she's in the brothels hustling to feed u e-rat. U are as useless as the people u support. Idiot
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Mightyjp(m): 11:30am On Jun 30, 2020
chatinent:
Pointless. The dead are conscious of nothing after all. What will the closing down prove?

bro, must you post. Don't u know silence is better dan noise sometims, a day symphaty speak more volume. . . . . For your info closing down wil prove dat d owner of d shop is no more.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Collyno82(m): 11:30am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

Are you describing your mother or a stranger you have never met?
Either way, you are clearly sick.

The government is not a business.
It can afford to not function as long as it likes.
In reality, the government never closes "shops".
I hope ur not expecting me to do a proverb and explain it to you. Indeed the govt never closes shops. Inukwa
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by nokatakata: 11:34am On Jun 30, 2020
will closing the store bring back the dead?
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Tareq1105: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2020
Staro:
Useless woman

I guess that's the same way you address your wife at home.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by hush15: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

I knew the bile poured on the woman has nothing to do with her "shop" but the belief of some people
that the function of government is to carry out revenge on their behalf.
It is predictable that you descend into political rhetoric.
The deputy should have reeled out his sins to her face rather than claiming to use an unknown number to call a former governor's wife.
Pretense is disgusting.

It is not political revenge or rhetorics or whatever you call it. Its simple moral not to demand what you can not offer or give. Embarrassing people for what her or her own husband can't and couldn't do. To get rid of that sense of false entitlement and move on with her life. Her husband is ex and if people extend a hand of fellowship, its out of courtesy and fear of God, not any sense of entitlement.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by adenigga(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2020
chatinent:
Pointless. The dead are conscious of nothing after all. What will the closing down prove?

Same way, what will Makinde not calling or visiting prove?

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

Let the dead bury the dead....

She has staffs, they take care of the shop...

Didn't Bianca ojukwu went to meet Fani kayode 2 days after Ojukwu burial?? Didn't she??

We know the rest stories grin

The point is the shop should have been shut as a sign of honor the person who died.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
joelbooks:

She is a christian
Hahahha..
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
nokatakata:
will closing the store bring back the dead?
Will calling or visiting her?
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Meteng: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
SocialJustice:
Only a fool will close their business to honour a dead person. I am happy Africans are dumping the madness they started.
Okay, so GSM should leave what he's doing to honour the dead?
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Exmilitant(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
phorget:

If you have a business as big as Dangote's then which one will you close?
Please grow your business empire and forget about this small small shop people are calling business.
wetin u mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks Akure, Houses, School, Churches Destroyed / Adams Oshiomhole Kisses Wife At Their Wedding (Photo) / Boko Haram Kills Scores Of Soldiers In Danbua, Borno - Independent (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.