Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,116 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Bode Akindele Dies At 88 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bode Akindele Dies At 88 (58877 Views)

Bode Agusto Is Dead / Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Kakamorufu(m): 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
grandpoh:
Honestly it’s my first time hearing of this man
The entrepreneurship of them is not what is obtainable in the present day Nigeria...
wasiu do sing about him in his records tho
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
oloripeter:
Bode Akindele is not a successful bussinessman you need to know more about him that is what i can tell you.
I do know about him than you think. My uncle worked with him and I also worked in his alomaja factory of standard packaging Nigeria limited. Do you care to know how Club Beer and Dr Pepper were grounded ?

Standard Flour, Standard Packaging, etc are still alive. Standard flour mills alone is enough for an investor to brag about because it competes keenly with the almighty Nigerian Flour Mills Plc in the market.

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Omoejigbahe(m): 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
RIP real billionaire
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by saajus: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
I am sorry to hear how this is affecting your family. Are you bold enough to take it up through social media? Nowadays, social media is helping a lot of people to get justice. LAWMA has started paying, courtesy of one bold guy that made a video. Living in bondage movie graphic artist got her pay courtesy of a post on IG that went viral, she tagged the movie producer Ramsey Noah and Kate Henshaw helped her take it up.
Now that Bode Akindele name is flying cos of his demise, please act fast if the non-payment of your dad's entitlement is having a huge impact on your family. I can write a script for you, and you will cry profusely in the video. By the time all social media influencers carry the news, their family won't want their name in the mud.
Help your dad, help your family, don't die in silence.

oloripeter:
He is suppose to pay minor workers their money. His affecting my family now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
Omoluabi16:
See silent billionaire. I've never even heard of him.

I heard he owned majority of properties on a major street in London, and also had a chauffeur-driven Rolls Royce on stand-by in London for about 50 years running.

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Guk: 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
fairfora:
RIP sir. He was the founder of Standard Breweries Ltd at Alomaja Village in ibadan, the brewers of Club Beer..who remembers Club Lager Beer? smiley my uncle was one of the line managers before the company packed up. I worked in his standard packaging Ltd (a woven sacks and plastics division) briefly after my SSCE in this days while awaiting admission.

He also founded standard flower Mills, standard biscuits,Dr Pepper among others. I waited for his Aramed Centre built in memory of his mum to come on steam so I could work there, which could have been the largest and the best-equipped private hospital in Nigeria at that time ,located on entering ibadan after solelbonel quarry. Unfortunately he abandoned the project after the wards and building was completed for the reason best known to him. I hope his children would make it happen.

ARAMED Hospital was never put to use even though completed because quarry activities on the neighbourhood was cracking their walls hence dangerous for operation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Austin1805(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
Egoat:
no way his mother can be d first to attend mecca in the whole of Ibadan.
You can go to court to contest that.

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by bankulizer: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Omoluabi16:

They are so many in Ibadan. We're conservatives.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Omoluabi16(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
fyneguy:

Many Yoruba Billionaires are silent
I concur, we no dey beat gangan up and down
and stay off the media. Adenuga learned to stay off media when he felt the heat. Even his worth is understated. lol
I understand what you mean. cool
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by BABANGBALI: 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
How many times Funke Akindele papa wan die now?
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Omoluabi16(m): 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bagehot:

I heard he owned majority of properties on a major street in London, and also had a chauffeur-driven Rolls Royce on stand-by in London for about 50 years running.
Damn! That is royalty.
AirstarKane:

Same here o. These one don't make noise choi na people wey money just waka pass dey shout. Lolz. They have created wealth for their children for generations to come.
True, plus he lived long.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by lucasalves: 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
Omoluabi16:

Yoruba billionaires don't make noise ooo..
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Guk:

ARAMED Hospital was never put to use even though completed because quarry activities on the neighborhood was cracking their walls hence dangerous for operation
I am not aware of this.... the quarry activities cracking the aramed walls. An asian popular hospital body wanted to make use of the place at a time on a lease agreement but we learnt the contract could not sail through. Before the hospital was constructed, the quarry had been in existence and proper inspection must have been done before putting up the structure. The site is not close to the said quarry and the land belongs to Bode Akindele, up to his Dr pepper plant which is a stone's throw. If what you said was true, the building would since have been marked for demolition by the concerned authority.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Omoluabi16(m): 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ishilove:

He kept below radar
very odd. The typical mogul is everywhere on media with their 'filantrophy' or fronting their kids for one political spot.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Omoluabi16(m): 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
lucasalves:

Yoruba billionaires don't make noise ooo..
we are real omoluabis. cool

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by delpee(f): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
oloripeter:
My dad has work in his company. He owns my dad more than 3 million as entitlement before my dad death 3 yrs ago not only him but also all workers that worked in his company. The name of the company is Associated Matches Industries and the company is closed down

Probably due to poor management by Nigerian workers. Reminds me of late Chief Adesoye whose companies (some) were run down by the people he tried to empower. Our people are often the problem sadly. Remember that he has other companies abroad that are doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
bigfish3k:
This abroad hospital closure is really affecting the rich that are used to it.
They are all dieing now because they can't travel again for medical check up and treatments

But is it not sheer wickedness for them to have abandoned us to obsolete and dilapidated health care system?

Their body system can't cope with the same local dish they have been happily serving us since with reckless abandon and callous mind

The chicken has finally come home to roost
Hope they will all repent after this hard lesson from covid 19 and turn a new leaf

May his soul RIP
u speak my mind.

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by bluefilm: 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Corona why? cry cry cry
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Teejay13(m): 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
With all of this wealth, yet God still proves himself almighty.

Life is vanity upon vanity!

Rip sir.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:18am On Jun 30, 2020
itsIYKE:
Maya

The pic speaks volume.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Akharmony: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2020
Good old age. Rest well Papa
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Deoboss(m): 2:07am On Jun 30, 2020
Omoluabi16:

Chief Bode Akindele owned Club lager beer & Dr Pepper cola soft drink (Standard Breweries Ltd) which reigned in the 1980’s & in the 1990’s plus Crown biscuits, popular matches company we all used back then to light cigarette/candle etc

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Deoboss(m): 2:22am On Jun 30, 2020
oloripeter:
My dad has work in his company. He owns my dad more than 3 million as entitlement before my dad death 3 yrs ago not only him but also all workers that worked in his company. The name of the company is Associated Matches Industries and the company is closed down

I know his family very well. He is a very successful businessman.

Indomie noodles (Tolaram & Dufil) are his tenants at Apapa where they get their corn grits at his Standard flour mill jetty facility for their Kellogg’s cornflakes franchise the Indians operate.

Also Procter & Gamble (Pampas diapers) are his tenants as well at his Alomaja factory premises where he made the Club lager beer.

Chief Bode Akindele has lots of huge assets home & abroad which qualifies him as a Billionaire in assets but he hardly attended parties right from on-set & a very silent business man which is why he is not popular but his companies where very popular while i was growing up.

All businessmen will owe their workers money once the business dies or has problems & becomes moribund so pls take note of this as am sorry to hear he owed your late dad some emoluments at his matches factory

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by grandstar(m): 2:39am On Jun 30, 2020
Omoluabi16:

He owned Club lager beer and Dr Pepper. Also a flour mill. Those are the companies I know. Governments then policies in the late 80s and 90s forced him to close many companies.

He was very, very wealthy

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by RuggedSniper: 3:10am On Jun 30, 2020
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by cuteboy2: 4:20am On Jun 30, 2020
grandpoh:
Honestly it’s my first time hearing of this man
The entrepreneurship of them is not what is obtainable in the present day Nigeria...

He is Funke Akindele's father, the actress who recently ran into problems for violating Covid-19 rules by organizing birthday party for the husband
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by awoluyi(m): 4:40am On Jun 30, 2020
Egoat:
no way his mother can be d first to attend mecca in the whole of Ibadan.

This is one of the reasons you wrote JAMB 7 times.
The write-up said "the first woman in Ibadan to go to Mecca."
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by ofiko123(m): 5:06am On Jun 30, 2020
RIP Bode Akindele..
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by goooze(m): 5:09am On Jun 30, 2020
itsme01:
lipsrsealed

Mortuaries in Ibadan are already filled to brim

Oyo government just issued on Saturday night through B.C.O.S (state broadcasting Corporation) that mortuaries need mass Burial or families claiming there corpse with 7 days ultimatum,

Unusual Malaria , fever , and flu reigns while government overlooks it,

I still don't understand GSM stand on this covid-19, the governor is clueless about what to do, a stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by sageb: 5:21am On Jun 30, 2020
Ishilove:

He kept below radar
one quality i have observed about Oyo people is that they don't make noise yet they are great achievers. They are pacesetters.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Olubadan1(m): 5:31am On Jun 30, 2020
Ibadan has many silent billionaires. They are silent workers. There are thousands of Ibadans like Akindele all over the world. They thrived in the hustling world because they are from the generations of warriors.

Adieu Pa Akindele.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by itsme01: 5:55am On Jun 30, 2020
goooze:
I still don't understand GSM stand on this covid-19, the governor is clueless about what to do, a stitch in time saves nine.

As a business man, he is very scared unbehalf of other business owners not to take any move that might shut them down, but to me health first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Uses Mercedes G-Wagon To Sell Plantain In Owerri (Video) / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash / Woman Sells Own Pants, Makes N28 Million A Year (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.