Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team (5419 Views)

Lets Build a 2&3 Bedroom of four Flats As One Unit In Enugu State by Engr Dubem / Building 2bedroom Semi Detached (2unit in1) Bungalow @Nsukka Enugu by Engr Dubem / *Let's Build a Sweet 5bedroom Duplex in Abia State, Nigeria by Engr Dubem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by omololu251(m): 2:49am On Jul 25, 2020
Do a soil test and from there a structural engineer would help you to design a suitable foundation.

What an architect does is the building design so to say, the structural member is designed by a structural engineer.

chemicool:
Well done bro. My site has sharp sand and the water underneath the sand is close to the surface during raining season. In fact, Wells in the area are not deeper that 8ft. How can I go about the foundation on that type of soil?

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by Dubemcapital1(m): 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
chemicool:
Thanks boss. I will get back to you.

You are welcome
Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by Dubemcapital1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
Materials used to achieve the foundation construction are listed below.

1 Cement -- 549 bags (supaset)
2. Block -- 970 pcs ( 9" vibrated hole)
3. Rod -- 16mm -- 137 lgts (TMT)
3b. Rod -- 12mm -- 295 lgts ( Mon)
3c. Rod -- 10mm -- 365 lgts (Mon/Lc)
4. Aggregate -- 1" stone 6Trips (20Ton)
4b. Aggregate -- ¾ stone 1 Trip (20 Ton)
4c. Hardcore -- ⅞ stone 2 Trips (20 Ton)
5. Sharp sand -- 26 Trips (10 Ton)
6. Laterite -- 107 Trips (10 Ton)
7. Plank Wood -- 300 PCs
8. 2x4x12 wood -- 250 PCs
9. Nail -- 3" -- 3 bags
9b. Nail -- 2" --1bag
10. Binding wire -- 3 rolls (20kg)
11. Polythene membrane -- 1roll
12. Chemical -- 50 ltrs
13. Water
14. Workforce

A worm appreciation to my client for the contract and the trust he had in us, he was skeptical when we were starting but now he is very happy.

We were able to achieve this job with #8.750m for every expenses as against 10m my client was told by another contractor. Fair cost saving sha. Thanks to God. Also i appreciate my workers, taking instructions is not cheap.

4 Likes

Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by Dubemcapital1(m): 4:55am On Jul 26, 2020
Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by Dubemcapital1(m): 5:36am On Jul 28, 2020
Ijeoma660:
Nice, I'm interested in this project updates, kindly keep it flowing in

Thanks Ijeoma660
Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by Dubemcapital1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by megacontrol(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2021
Hello,

Very good and neat job done.

Seeing that you loosed the boards and moved them to cover the raft in stages, how many hours/days in sufficient to wait before removing the formwork and moving to next point?

Thanks
Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by Dubemcapital1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello,

Very good and neat job done.

Seeing that you loosed the boards and moved them to cover the raft in stages, how many hours/days in sufficient to wait before removing the formwork and moving to next point?

Thanks

3days at most. We used a fast setting binder
Re: How We Built The Foundation in a Valley / Waterlogged Land by Engr Dubem & Team by Dubemcapital1(m): 6:17am On Mar 20, 2021
Continuation Link:

https://www.nairaland.com/6463072/let-us-build-duplex-after

Click on the link above. We are starting the building probably. This particular trend was just for the foundation construction.

Thanks
Dubem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affordable Lands At Oakwood Park Estate, Phase 2, Ibeju Lekki. N1.2M / Turkey Security Doors And Wooden Doors For Sales / SPACIOUS 5 BEDROOM DUPLEX In Ibadan For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.