Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:54 PM

Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" (21370 Views)

Buhari Backs Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs / Festus Keyamo On Open Bus Ride With PMB In Ibadan As Ambode Speaks On PMB In Oyo / Chima Amadi 'Exposes' Festus Keyamo On Twitter. See Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by dre11(m): 7:59am On Jun 30, 2020
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, has said some politicians are blackmailing and pressurising him to enable them determine those to be allotted the 774,000 jobs President Muhammadu Buhari approved recently.

The 774,000 jobs are within a special public works programme (SPWP) targeted at recruiting 1,000 persons in each of the 774 local government areas to be implemented by the National Directorate of Employment (NDE).

The programme, which is targeted at creating jobs for unskilled persons in rural areas, will last three months (October to December).

The workers are expected to clear and protect public infrastructure in rural areas while they earn N20,000 each within the three months.

Keyamo, who spoke during the inauguration of the states’ selection committee of the project, stressed that majority of the jobs must be allotted to ordinary Nigerians who need them.

The minister said he would not sacrifice his reputation and principles by going beyond the 10 to 15 per cent allocated to political officers, adding that only President Buhari could make him do otherwise.

“In the past, it used to be that certain people entrusted with this kind of programmes handed them over entirely to political leaders.

“There has been an attempt at blackmailing in this particular programme too to make us also yield to political leaders. But we have said no, not while I am here.

“Except Mr. President, who appointed and gave me the opportunity and rare privilege to drive this programme stops me, no other political leader or person can stop me. I am answerable only to Mr. President. This programme is for all Nigerians,” he said.

“Before coming here today, there has been an attempt by certain political leaders to say I must come and see them behind the scenes first to determine who gets what and how. I said no, I will not do that. I am ready at any time for a public debate on this with them,” he said.

Advising the committee chairmen not to dallow the process from being hijacked by politicians, Keyamo warned that anyone caught under politicians’ bug would be relieved of the position and replaced immediately.

He added: “I think the chairmen can stand on their own. Don’t go and meet in any Government House to hold any meeting; don’t go to any politician’s house to do selections. Hold your meetings in NDE offices.

“The NDE is the one driving this programme; it has coordinators. Keep firm, stand firm. Nobody should be given more than what we allotted to the person.

“We are going to be strict in allotting to different sectors: civil society, market women. Wait for directives. So, nobody should intimidate the chairmen. I know the chairmen will stand their ground. I am also here to back them up. We are going to remove anybody who is dancing to the tune of anybody and undermining the drive of this programme.

“All my life, I have fought for good governance. I have gone to court to ensure that things are done right when out of government. That is what gave me my name and pedigree before I came into government. I have a practice to go back to. I want to reach the zenith of my profession.

“Nobody will come and dictate to me the work that Mr. President told me to do. I cannot come into government and then abandon all the principles I fought for while I was out of government. I will not do that. Any attempt to intimidate or blackmail us here, we will not give in, except Mr. President tells me to stop; then, I will stop.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/politicians-blackmailing-me-on-774000-jobs-says-keyamo/

8 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by chatinent: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2020
If you cannot be bold to mention the names of these 'some,' Keyamo should not bother trying to become relevant.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by FlordFlorez(m): 8:10am On Jun 30, 2020
Do u think u can fool us. All these is just to paint urself innocent. We know ur way. Las las, na pady pady things go still cloud the exercise. NOSENSE.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Artiiclebeast: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2020
This man has been quiet...
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by teadrake(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2020
Politician fighting for Npower slots.
Politicians fighting for the recently approved Gutter and sweeping jobs.
Politician already hijacked big job slot. Eg. NNPC, ICPC, FIRS, NIMASA etc.
To the common masses, we are in big trouble!!!
Let's take back our country!!!

93 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Zuorom: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2020
That's a man with integrity

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Mrshape: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2020
20K job Na you think say you fit hustle for poor man.
But una day secure NNPC and CBN job for una children

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by SmartProf(m): 8:19am On Jun 30, 2020
These were the same politicians you balackmailed the opposition for to enable them win the 2019 elections, for which you have been well compensated with an appointment as minister. You may end up speaking tough on the pages of newspapers but offline you'll end up cooperating

7 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 30, 2020
Thank you keyamo for fighting for the common man... those Senators are rogues.
But how do you create minimum wage but proposing to pay lower than the minimum wage..

12 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Bodexman(m): 8:56am On Jun 30, 2020
chatinent:
If you cannot be bold to mention the names of these 'some,' Keyamo should not bother trying to become relevant.

If you were the one, will you call out their names?

If your name was mentioned, won't you deny it?

Abeg receive sense.

There's always a place for wisdom

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 30, 2020
4 million jobs lost under Buhari's regime since 2015.Na 774k wey una wan manage employ for #20k una no want make we rest.

3 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by BlowYourMind: 9:19am On Jun 30, 2020
We know they will
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Racoon(m): 9:30am On Jun 30, 2020
This mumu Keyamo is talking as if he also was never a politician who gravely blackmailed others to achieve his selfish agenda.Anyway you're in the system now.So flow along.

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by neurowale001(m): 9:55am On Jun 30, 2020
#1.4m only
TOKUNBO mazda RX-8 SPORT car in FANTASTIC working condition with:
good 4PLUG engine,
FOUR (4) doors,
CUSTOM PAPER,
rugged manual gear,
classy alloy wheels,
Fantastic entertainment system with DVD PLAYER,
clean interior, exterior and lots more.
Located in IBADAN... Rotor engine

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Misterydam: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by ODJ124(m): 9:56am On Jun 30, 2020
Corruption is becoming a culture in this country....
Despite the politicians been offered 10-15% of the slots they still want more.....
God is watching them ooo..
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by PureGoldh(m): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2020
He should Try and do the needful....No ghost-worker required.

Let FG be patriotic for once

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 30, 2020
Hmmm....who do you believe now

Meanwhile

500gb external hard drives fully loaded with series, cartoon, action,romance,indian etc is available. Location is port Harcourt,but can be sent to any location of choice
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by 88natzy(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2020
You were relegated. We know your kind Mr. Festus Ke-nye-Amụ.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Enoch07: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2020
ok o we hear you sir

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by YungMike(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2020
Untop 20k job? Less than a bag of rice job.

Are you planning to Leave Nigeria or You're currently residing outside NIGERIA and you want to be calling your friends and family in Nigeria for as low as 10kb/s ? + No roaming charges.

Check my signature for contact
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by baike: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2020
Lie
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by VirginFinder: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2020
Wow
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by JomoGbomo1Akpos: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2020
He's observing table manners.

You don't talk while you're eating.
Artiiclebeast:
This man has been quiet...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:59am On Jun 30, 2020
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by bigfish3k: 10:00am On Jun 30, 2020
R
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:00am On Jun 30, 2020
These politicians spend atleast 35k on internet monthly ask Joe Abah on twitter, they spend over 100k on diesel for generators and Fuel for cars, they spend over 40k to pay each security or gateman, driver and cook/cleaners monthly so what exactly do they want this 20k for?

Is it 20k they used to send their kids abroad? Or build those mansions in Abuja, Lagos and the one in their various villages? (empty houses they never stay in except Christmas those following Adanna and David on YouTube or Ike ekweremadus daughter on Instagram can testify ) and the houses abroad were their children stay was it 20k that built it?

We need to do something, enough of this suffering and smiling.

These old men are WICKED!!!

even for just 20k they don't want the poor, the average Nigerian to eat they want to collect this one too what happened to all the allocations they get?

If it is to carry sniper and climb mountain or hill around Abuja and take these old farts out abeg let us do it.

Who dey cook for these people Una no know where dem dey sell poison?

Even if it is to rig election for totally new sets of people to enter office let us do it na time no dey oh before you close eye open 2 terms, 8years, 2 president's = 16years of your life wasted still hoping for a better Nigeria "one day e go better" People dey die go e never still better, you done dey old finish oh

7 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by teamsynergy: 10:01am On Jun 30, 2020
The way I used to respect this man ehn...
Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by MedicH: 10:01am On Jun 30, 2020
Ordinary a job of 50$ a month, the politicians want to be given slots. They should give them sluts join na.

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs: "Politicians Blackmailing Me" by Kobicove(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2020
ODJ124:
Corruption is becoming a culture in this country....
Despite the politicians been offered 10-15% of the slots they still want more.....
God is watching them ooo..

Corruption is not becoming a culture in Nigeria, corruption is already a culture in Nigeria! angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Nigerians Sold It To Us"– Two Indians Nabbed With Drugs Tell Police / Photos Of The Rescued Women And Children Rehabilitating At A Camp In Yola / 'Do Not Murder Sleep In Ondo'' - Femi Fani-kayode Warns INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.