Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why God Allows This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why God Allows This? (1715 Views)

Why God Allows Earthquake To Kill 8000 People / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
I used to be a Christian. No longer. I am not sure if god exists or not, but this is not the point of the thread. My question is how can god allow kids and teenagers to starve or die

https://www.unicef.org/press-releases/child-under-15-dies-every-five-seconds-around-world-un-report

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows This? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
Because he could not save them undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Because he could not save them undecided

Some people say to me "it's men's fault" but come on. Why god let them suffer? Men are in many cases the cause of the suffering but if he is all loving why he is not interfering. Why he lets them die alone, in a brutal death?

2 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by IfGodbeforus(m): 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
The Life and Breathe in you , I and everyone over the World belongs to GOD.

We have no right to question Abba Father..

Can your vehicle Question u?
Can the Clay ask the Porter, what Maketh thou?

Can the food you Prepared tell you how or when to eat it?

It's foolishness to Question God Almighty..

All we need do is to Ensure we are Loyal to Him, we Obey his Commandments, we Believe and Accept Him and be ready to meet Him wherever or whenever we are called..

We all are Nothing but pencils in Hand of our Creator

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows This? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

Some people say to me "it's men's fault" but come on. Why god let them suffer? Men are in many cases the cause of the suffering but if he is all loving why he is not interfering. Why he lets them die alone, in a brutal death?
no mind dem whats the point of having an all powerful god that could not save people from dying

5 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by frank317: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

Ya, the loving God be like... It's u guys fault,so deal with ur shit and lose ur innocent loved ones. But ensure u pray to me, if I am in the mood, I might help u find ur key or allow ur pastors not go to hospital for 51years

5 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:
The Life and Breathe in you , I and all over the World belongs to GOD.

All we need do is to Ensure we are Loyal to Him, we Obey his Commandments, we Believe and Accept Him and be ready to meet Him wherever or whenever we are called..

But don't you think it's bad to not question? If we just believe without answers or evidence how are we any different than cult members?

ofc I am not comparing Christianity and Cults but I am saying that they way of thinking you wrote is not that different.

about the vehicle or food, they are not alive, they don't have thoughts or way to experience the world around them, we are and the rest of the animals do have thoughts, and brains, and ways to experience the world around us.

3 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

So we should fold our hands like sheep while people are dieing like chicken right

5 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by doggedfighter(f): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
He doesn't exist that's why.

Even the weakest of humans cannot stand by and watch all the atrocious happenings or suffering and not do anything..

Why then does a loving and all powerful God watch hopelessly? Because

He exists only in people's head

7 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by IfGodbeforus(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

But don't you think it's bad to not question? If we just believe without answers or evidence how are we any different than cult members?

ofc I am not comparing Christianity and Cults but I am saying that they way of thinking you wrote is not that different.

about the vehicle or food, they are not alive, they don't have thoughts or way to experience the world around them, we are and the rest of the animals do have thoughts, and brains, and ways to experience the world around us.

That is just how we are...
we all are Nothing..
It's His Breathe that powers us!
If He takes his Breathe , we can't Question Him. It's not ours
Re: Why God Allows This? by IfGodbeforus(m): 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
So we should fold our hands like sheep while people are dieing like chicken right

Okay, Since you can save , Go and save them!
Re: Why God Allows This? by frank317: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

Your point?

People don't ask questions for asking sake. People ask questions when something is bothering them and they need to make sense of it.
How can not asking why ur so call almighty Abba father who is the giver of life not handle something as little as securing the suffering of innocent children help make sense of anything?

3 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

That is just how we are...
we all are Nothing..
It's His Breathe that powers us!
If He takes his Breathe , we can't Question Him. It's not ours

But again this is the same mentality of a cult, again Christianity is not a cult but it's just like how people are saying "Trust this man, do not question him". If we didn't question anything in life, we wouldn't advance and develop, questioning and trying to find answers are human nature. Christianity gave answers to some questions, not all of them(if they did this thread wouldn't exist). But there are more rational answers.

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows This? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

No doubt about that but mind the way you vomit this your rubbish up and down or else you go collect. cool

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

But men can save, if a man is giving money for a homeless guy, he is helping him more than what prayer would have done, I heard some Christians say that everything that happens is because of god. That if someone is helping you is because god sent him, but this is just ridiculous . Men help other men for a variety of reasons. claiming that only god helps and not men is like saying that doctors can't do anything against covid-19 only god and we shouldn't listen to any of the restrictions, and we all know what will happen.

3 Likes

Re: Why God Allows This? by IfGodbeforus(m): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
frank317:

Your point?

People don't ask questions for asking sake. People ask questions when something is bothering them and they need to make sense of it.
How can not asking why ur so call almighty Abba father who is the giver of life not handle something as little as securing the suffering of innocent children help make sense of anything?

Those who have the legal right as His Children, know these things so they don't even ask.

You , who discards and insults Him is now Concerned!

If you have a child who is disregards and looks down on you and doesn't care about you, would you regard him?

The Lord is not your problem! You are your Problem
Re: Why God Allows This? by IfGodbeforus(m): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
No doubt about that but mind the way you vomit this your rubbish up and down or else you go collect. cool

Collect what?
Re: Why God Allows This? by frank317: 3:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

But again this is the same mentality of a cult, again Christianity is not a cult but it's just like how people are saying "Trust this man, do not question him". If we didn't question anything in life, we wouldn't advance and develop, questioning and trying to find answers are human nature. Christianity gave answers to some questions, not all of them(if they did this thread wouldn't exist). But there are more rational answers.

The same guy will come out to tell u that Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with Jesus.

From his statement, it's more like a relationship with an authoritarian.
Love me or go to hell. Don't question me... Say thank when when I give u bad and good things. "How dare u ask me why I allowed ur little kids suffer or die... U do not need to know just go through with whatever life gives u and thank me for it."

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
frank317:

The same guy will come out to tell u that Christianity is not a religion but a relationship with Jesus.

From his statement, it's more like a relationship with an authoritarian.
Love me or go to hell. Don't question me... Say thank when when I give u bad and good things. "How dare u ask me why I allowed ur little kids suffer or die... U do not need to know just go through with whatever life gives u and thank me for it."

Yeah, this is why I turned away from Christianity.
Re: Why God Allows This? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

Collect what?
you wan die
Re: Why God Allows This? by frank317: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

Those who have the legal right as His Children, know these things so they don't even ask.

And this is exactly why we are asking u that claims to know. Yet u say we shouldn't ask. How did u even get to know without asking?

You , who discards and insults Him is now Concerned!

My concern is actually for the kids not him. But then if his actions make sense to me, I might repent from insulting him and take him seriously.

If you have a child who is disregards and looks down on you and doesn't care about you, would you regard him?

I am not asking him to regard me. I have at least helped myself the best way I can. What about innocent helpless kids?

The Lord is not your problem! You are your Problem
I know... Is he even anybody's problem. Isn't he supposed to be people's solution?
Re: Why God Allows This? by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

But men can save, if a man is giving money for a homeless guy, he is helping him more than what prayer would have done,
Giving homeless man money to feed does not save him. But you did not respond to @IfGodbeforus prompt at all.
Alessandro9021:
I heard some Christians say that everything that happens is because of god. That if someone is helping you is because god sent him, but this is just ridiculous . Men help other men for a variety of reasons. claiming that only god helps and not men is like saying that doctors can't do anything against covid-19 only god and we shouldn't listen to any of the restrictions, and we all know what will happen.
Leave God aside for a bit, will you. You created this thread suggesting the suffering of others as a reason to ignore God. So, let's pretend God is not even in the equation anymore. What have you done to save those who are suffering in your own might?
Re: Why God Allows This? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Collect what exactly? Let's assume we all believe here that God is indeed impotent, what are we, the ones with power, doing about the problems we keep harping on God doesn't do anything about? undecided
Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Giving homeless man money to feed does not save him. But you did not respond to @IfGodbeforus prompt at all.
Leave God aside for a bit, will you. You created this thread suggesting the suffering of others as a reason to ignore God. So, let's pretend God is not even in the equation anymore. What have you done to save those who are suffering in your own might?

Donation, adoption. There are many ways.

About giving money to a homeless man, it's saving him physically, when somebody doesn't have anything to eat, I think money or food is better than prayer.
Re: Why God Allows This? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Collect what exactly? Let's assume we all believe here that God is indeed impotent, what are we, the ones with power, doing about the problems we keep harping on God doesn't do anything about? undecided
undecided
Re: Why God Allows This? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
frank317:
And this is exactly why we are asking u that claims to know. Yet u say we shouldn't ask. How did u even get to know without asking?
Let God be impotent in all this. Now, you should not even care to ask an impotent God such questions would you? undecided
frank317:
My concern is actually for the kids not him. But then if his actions make sense to me, I might repent from insulting him and take him seriously.
You claim to be concerned about the kids, so what have you done of your own power to allieviate their sufferings? undecided How has that which you have done helped resolve the suffering that is the condition of said children? undecided
frank317:
I am not asking him to regard me. I have at least helped myself the best way I can. What about innocent helpless kids? I know... Is he even anybody's problem. Isn't he supposed to be people's solution?
You have helped yourself? Have you helped the helpless kids you so care about? How have you helped them? Indulge us please !
Re: Why God Allows This? by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:
Donation, adoption. There are many ways.
Ok, So which of the many ways have you used in saving a homeless man from homelessness? undecided
Alessandro9021:
About giving money to a homeless man, it's saving him physically, when somebody doesn't have anything to eat, I think money or food is better than prayer.
Praying to whom? Remember He is supposed to be an impotent God in all this. So if you feed a homeless man for a day or two, then what? undecided He is saved? undecided
Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Ok, So which of the many ways have you used in saving a homeless man from homelessness? undecided
Praying to whom? Remember He is supposed to be an impotent God in all this. So if you feed a homeless man for a day or two, then what? undecided He is saved? undecided

I meant something else with the adoption or donation, it was for the kids.

About the homeless, I don't think praying will save him, but giving money will make him live for more time.
Re: Why God Allows This? by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:
I meant something else with the adoption or donation, it was for the kids.
Sure, cool! So how many kids have you adopted to save them from suffering? How many kids are left out there still suffering? undecided
Alessandro9021:
About the homeless, I don't think praying will save him, but giving money will make him live for more time.
We are not praying anymore remember... God is impotent. So how have we, men, saved the homeless that we pretend to care about so0 much about? undecided
By the way, God never said to pray for the homeless... Jesus Christ never said anything about praying for the homeless either. If anything, Jesus Christ told His followers that the only way to qualify to enter His kingdom is for them to
FEED MY SHEEP
-------------------------
* feed the hungry
* Give drink to the thirsty
TAKE CARE OF MY SHEEP
--------------------------------
* Cloth the naked
* House the homeless
* care for the sick
* Visit those in prison

The details of this can be found on Matthew 25 vs 31- 46, John 21(These are works of Righteousness).

Now getting back to the discussion again, God is impotent and man can do something, so prayers are meaningless. grin
Re: Why God Allows This? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Sure, cool! So how many kids have you adopted to save them from suffering? How many kids are left out there still suffering? undecided
We are not praying anymore remember... God is impotent. So how have we, men, saved the homeless that we pretend to care about so0 much about? undecided
By the way, God never said to pray for the homeless... Jesus Christ never said anything about praying for the homeless either. If anything, Jesus Christ told His followers that the only way to qualify to enter His kingdom is for them to
FEED MY SHEEP
-------------------------
* feed the hungry
* Give drink to the thirsty
TAKE CARE OF MY SHEEP
--------------------------------
* Cloth the naked
* House the homeless
* care for the sick
* Visit those in prison

The details of this can be found on Matthew 25 vs 31- 46, John 21(These are works of Righteousness).

Now getting back to the discussion again, God is impotent and man can do something, so prayers are meaningless. grin

About the kids, I am trying to donate whenever I have extra money, about adoption, it's important but I need more wealth for that.

About the quotes you have given, it's nice and all. But I can explain this with just human kindness and empathy, which is biological.
Re: Why God Allows This? by IfGodbeforus(m): 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
you wan die

Can u kill?
Little kid making noise ..

Be careful so my Father does not take you away for nothing..
Re: Why God Allows This? by XXXXTENTACION: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
IfGodbeforus:

Can u kill?
Little kid making noise ..

Be careful so my Father does not take you away for nothing..

you still dey vomit rubbish ba i go soon table your matter for ground very soon. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Do You Belong In This Coming 8yrs Of Change? Identify Pls / Can Man Block His Fellow Man's Destiny? / Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.