Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:49 PM

Tales From Ogba Femi. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales From Ogba Femi. (347 Views)

TALES FROM METRO LAGOS (18) / Tales Of Abigail / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tales From Ogba Femi. by blessoyeboy(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2020
Beep
Beep
Beep.

As I slowly started to wake up, the sharp light coming through the window of my room blinded my eyes,
I fumbled with my phone, trying to dismiss the alarm, it was the previous day Som had recommended this application to me- "I can't wake up". I truly can't wake up without a terrible alarm

I struggled to complete the puzzles. God, I hate the buzzing sound and vibration.
I quickly turned on Do-not-disturb- complete silence as I fumbled with the keyboard, who said you can't bypass alarms like I can't wake up.

I dread harmattan mornings, and I hate morning classes even more but Prof Adekoya, my literature professor takes the roll call every class and I can't skip anymore classes as I've missed too many classes this semester, as well as the fact that our mid semester test is in 3 days.

I sluggishly stood up from my bed, said a quick prayer with my toothbrush in the corner of my mouth - I've lost the better part of my religion in less than two years in OAU -
I picked up my metal bucket, it creaked as I swung it to turn the water in it to the plastic bucket and took the fetcher to draw water from the well. No thanks to our school management, majority of the university students have to live outside the campus.

Insecurity of lives and properties has been one our main issues and perhaps the worst. Just last month a student- Olori Gabriel who lives just down the road was killed when he played the hero in his house robbery. It came as a shock because I knew him well. As I looked at his corpse in the university teaching hospital morgue, tears rolled down my cheeks, the machete sunk deep into his skull. The perpetrators of this disappeared into the thin air, up until this day none knows who they are.
I had learnt from a young age never to play the hero.
I opened the door to go out side, but, I slammed it right back. I was breathing heavily, and I could feel my heart beating as if to jump right out of my chest. I summoned courage to open the door again as I didn't see the face of the girl sprawled in front of my door very well.
It was Faith the girl that live next door. You're right, the same girl I dated last semester, I saw a patch of blood on her head and her body was very cold.

She was dead,

This is the beginning of my problems in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.
Re: Tales From Ogba Femi. by blessoyeboy(m): 1:48am On Jul 01, 2020
I had made my first mistake, I touched her neck to feel for a pulse, though I was a novice at medicine and was not really medically inclined, I knew how to check for a pulse, She had no pulse from my examination s

I was at a loss at what to do so I picked up my phone and called Babafaros- one of my very popular friends on campus, I rang his phone five times on a row but he didn't answer, I wanted to shout but I couldn't I just stood rooted to the spot.

I felt something like fluid dripping down my legs, that's when I realised that I had peed myself. I said to myself ' I shouldn't feel this kind of fear since I had nothing to do with her death and owing to the way she broke my heart, I shouldn't even feel sorry to hear her death.

I tried Babafaros' for the sixth time and he picked on the first ring.

'Chairman how far na'

'Johr ma whine mi, abeg send me Moore police DPO number'

'Wetin you wan take am do'

'I go explain later'.
I hurriedly dropped the call before he could ask any further questions.

He obviously noticed my trepidation and vibration, I knew the code, I was supposed to take the whining and dish some of my trademark lines, but this wasn't a day for such.

I texted Som 911. 'Show up at my place now'.

I was at a crossroads, should I call the police or dump the body, better still should I shout for help?

I decided to do it my way, which complicated my case even further. I realised that the nature of the relationship we've had in the past would make me a suspect, if not the prime suspect in the case. I had also touched her neck. Looking at the bruises on her neck, I could tell that her neck was broken, most likely from strangulation.

How the corpse got to my front door was what I did not understand.

Is someone trying to frame me for Faith's murder.

She's my next door neighbour for crying out loud.

(whistle)
I got a notification with the DPO's number and I was about. to click dial when Som my closest friend opened the gate. He ran back when he saw the body. It took him minutes to come closer.

I tried to explain how I found the body and was about. to call the police.

Som: 'Guy are you mad?'
'Goodluck try to sell that incredible story to a police officer.

'Guy this is not the time to cast blames'

'Hope you've not touched her?'

I changed my face and slowly nodded, it was thus moment I knew I could not call the and I was in really deep shit.
TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: Tales From Ogba Femi. by blessoyeboy(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2020
Update coming, please follow this story.
Please critic my work, I wanna get better
Re: Tales From Ogba Femi. by Kvng6464: 2:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
nice one bro

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Harassment (Why Will I Be Silent?) / Experienced Writers Needed For Long Term Partnership Asap !!! PHASE 5 / Please Don’t Lose That Client!! I Can Help With Your Articles!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.