Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads (2482 Views)

See The Man I Saw Using POS Machine Selling His Gurasa Suya In Birnin kebbi / Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / See The Raw Results I Got In Just 6 Days Of My Facebook Advert - I Made 200k+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by MountainView: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2020
I saw an Ad on Nairaland on June 22 about a guy or business called Pato Exchange, they claim to buy Bitcoin at good rate, clicked on the AD took me straight to my WhatsApp, where I had a chat with the guy.

Yesterday 30th June, I sent $30 USD worth of Bitcoin to the scammer, ormo since then he doesn't want to answer me again, and I even planned to sell $1K to the asshole.

Anyways, I think Nairaland should be careful how they accept ADS make Dem no dey promote scammers that would scam their visitors, right now I no even trust any Nairaland ad again

17 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Jossy559(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2020
Sorry for that bro but I think you should have check the person more before sending in bitcoin. If you need an honest and trustworthy business partner I'm here for you. Chat me on 08065749670.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by minasota(f): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2020
Front page please
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by MountainView: 10:00am On Jul 01, 2020
His name is Pato Exchange and his number is
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by GMBuhari: 10:18am On Jul 01, 2020
Shouldn't seun or any of his moderators be liable for your loss?

I will blame you though, not because you are not smart

You trusted the advert

And you did transaction with an individual on whatsapp

Why not sell with reputable companies like remitano or the likes?

Never ever ever ever trade on whatsapp with someone you just met, always use escrow

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by ambitiouschap17: 10:41am On Jul 01, 2020
Cc dominque and tabbaz
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Greatzeus(m): 11:05am On Jul 01, 2020
A lot of fraudsters are having a difficult time scamming people on nairaland nowadays unlike how frequent it was before. So they have all turned to Nairaland Ads to rescue them because they know people will trust the Ads. This is a big shame to this forum and it's management.
Well me I know Nairaland is the home and office of scammers,so I have hyper sensitive to scams here.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by PureGoldh(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2020
Cc @dominique kindly look into dx guy's matter.

Verification is needed too
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by MountainView: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2020
Here's the screenshots of our conversation

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Kemimarch16(f): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2020
I need someone to teach me about Bitcoin
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Nezzjnr: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2020
Seun

Dominique

Please look into it
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by MountainView: 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
Front Page please, let someone not fall for this scammer again.
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by sammirano: 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
Even though it's not wise to trade without due diligence, I would suggest ADS to be screened before acceptance, it will instil confidence in buyers, but when you cannot trust even paid ADS on the platform, then there is a problem.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Tabbaz(m): 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
MountainView:

what is his nairaland username

Dominique come around pls
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by MountainView: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
Doesn't have a name, saw an AD on a section on Nairaland

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by MountainView: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
Tabbaz:

what is his nairaland username

Dominique come around pls

I don't really know, the advert I saw looked something like this one.
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by sammirano: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
MountainView:
Doesn't have a name, saw an AD on a section on Nairaland

So its not a paid AD. Mettewhh, so why are you accusing the platform your wrongdoings.
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by MountainView: 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
It's a paid AD, how do I know the username
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
MountainView:
I saw an Ad on Nairaland on June 22 about a guy or business called Pato Exchange, they claim to buy Bitcoin at good rate, clicked on the AD took me straight to my WhatsApp, where I had a chat with the guy.

Yesterday 30th June, I sent $30 USD worth of Bitcoin to the scammer, ormo since then he doesn't want to answer me again, and I even planned to sell $1K to the asshole.

Anyways, I think Nairaland should be careful how they accept ADS make Dem no dey promote scammers that would scam their visitors, right now I no even trust any Nairaland ad again

All this pple will comfortably collect money to advertise scam. Yu shud know this is Nigeria. All they need is your money. Even radio stations do advertise scams on air n pretend not to know untill pple start complaining. U just v to be careful next time

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by codedlee(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
sammirano:

So its not a paid AD. Mettewhh, so why are you accusing the platform your wrongdoings.

read well

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by odysey: 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2020
MountainView:

Sorry this happened to you but find a way to get your money back, reach out to efcc, fccp on Twitter and write mails or create tickets on their site

There's lots of companies and individuals including I who genuinely buy btc
So reach out to them or search online for them
Meanwhile make sure you get your money back and blacklist the guy, put up his number and also send it to the efcc on the tweet you send them

If you're scared of online transaction then do face to face, pick a public place and be sure it's secure
I sold a phone on jiji the guy asked me to meet him in a bank which have serious security

Best wishes
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Kendricklamar(m): 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
I am so sorry for your loss bro.
Fake sellers and scammers are making it difficult for few of us who are doing legit business having a hard time in getting new customers. People now have trust issues about online business.

If you have bulk Bitcoins and are scared of trading, you can come for face to face deal if you reside in Lagos.

I need sellers of gift cards and Bitcoins and will be Paying with the best rates.Bulk gift cards and Bitcoins can come too with better rates.I buy all countries GIFTCARDS and Bitcoins.

Come trade with me. I am legit and trusted trader.

Thanks in anticipation as you trade with us.

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by ItrendNaija(m): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
GMBuhari:
Shouldn't seun or any of his moderators be liable for your loss?

I will blame you though, not because you are not smart

You trusted the advert

And you did transaction with an individual on whatsapp

Why not sell with reputable companies like remitano or the likes?

Never ever ever ever trade on whatsapp with someone you just met, always use escrow
We get any escrow service for Naija?
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Aisosa56: 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
Always use Patricia, they are 100% legit. Just download their app on App Store. I use them
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by movingclouds(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=Kemimarch16 post=91262248]I need someone to teach me about Bitcoin[/quote
Hmm, you can make use of search engines, but you need to be careful.. Can we chat on whatsapp?
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Nezzjnr: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
How weird can some people be

Someone lost his cash to a scammer

You guys are still advertising your business

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by U1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
xscoffy:

All this pple will comfortably collect money to advertise scam. Yu shud know this is Nigeria. All they need is your money. Even radio stations do advertise scams on air n pretend not to know untill pple start complaining. U just v to be careful next time

I think your response is probably the most-informed I read here.

This is capitalism. Everything is about the money. Apparently, some people didn't get the memo.

Companies will advertise even for frauds. It's left to you to do your due diligence. I have been fooled by ads I saw in national dailies or heard on radio.

Avast (the mobile version) even advertised "fixed game" agents. cheesy The "almighty" Google also advertises schemes that could be described as fraudulent.

Be careful who you deal with. Everyone wants to have your money, including by crooked means.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
U1:

I think your response is probably the most-informed I read here.

This is capitalism. Everything is about the money. Apparently, some people didn't get the memo.

Companies will advertise even for frauds. It's left to you to do your due diligence. I have been fooled by ads I saw in national dailies or heard on radio.

Avast (the mobile version) even advertised "fixed game" agents. cheesy The "almighty" Google also advertise schemes that could be described as fraudulent.

Be careful who you deal with. Everyone wants to have your money, including by crooked means.

I can't even trust an announcement made in church partaining to any stuff I have to involve my money. Pple r only after their personal interest and doesn't care much.

A certain time last year. A radio channel was advertising a job n said it's pay is 100k. I laughed when I heard it n ask my friend if actually such thing exist,don't u tink the announcer got families and relatives he would v easily shared it secretly with. He laughed as well. After few months. Pple came BK calling same station complaining their experiences n saying it's all this gnld stuffs.

The presenters pretended they weren't aware and flagged off the advert then. After few months again,they collected money again n started running d ad again,I called my guy to remind him abt same thing. He then told me I was right.

Pple r terrible now. And the pple to scam u now ain't strangers most of them are ur family members and friends.

I can't trust anyone

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Kalaba(m): 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
MountainView:
This is sad, take heart bro
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by Kendricklamar(m): 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
Everyone Please beware of this Scammer by name Zakas

aka George Asima, Chongdah Bulus

He is here on nairaland and have been scamming People for long with the above monikers.

He messaged me on WhatsApp having $120btc available for sale but with an intention of defrauding me of Cash.

Please everyone should be careful of this scammer. As I didn't fall for his gimmicks he later blocked me.

May God Punish him for trying to blackmail me into me sending Cash before he credits me with BTC. I even offered face to face deal which he wasn't comfortable with. He is a big thief and Criminal.

Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by kryptochats: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
Re: How I Was Scammed By An Advert I Saw On Nairaland Ads by hardon1(m): 3:03am On Jul 02, 2020
MountainView:

this is so sad, but why would have confidence to send money to someone you are just meeting online via whatsapp chat. you get mind o or should i say mumu trust. if i want to buy anything online currency, i find a local exchange in my city. we have them in all cities in nigeria. if i dont see you face to face, am not sending a faden

perhaps he offered you cheap and you fell for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Introducing The Arm's Aggressive Growth Fund / Where Can I Get Xanthum Or Guar Gum In Ibadan? / Sterling Bank Dollar Exchange Rate For Atms/pos Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.