Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud (888 Views)

"I Didn't Kill Super Tv CEO, I Admitted Out Of Fear" Murder Suspect, Chidinma / Remembering Invictus Obi, The Young CEO Who Was Arrested For $11 Million Fraud / Regina Daniels Gets Admitted To University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by uzucuzu1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mr Okeke, who was charged with two counts of computer fraud and wire fraud, also said he decided to plead guilty because he realized that the findings by investigators and the ‘statement of facts’ filed in court by prosecutors are true and accurate.

He said had the matter proceeded to trial, he was sure the United States authorities would prove the allegations against him beyond a reasonable doubt.
Mr Okeke’s explanations are contained in the Statement of Facts submitted to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia by G. Zachary Terwilliger (United States attorney), Brian J. Samuels (assistant United States Attorney) and Mathew P. Mattis ( special assistant United States attorney).
The document was filed in open court on June 18 as the ‘businessman’, also known as Invictus Obi in Nigeria, capitulated and pleaded guilty. He is to be sentenced on October 22.

Mr Okeke’s attorney, John Iweanoge, also agreed, saying pleading guilty remained the best course of action for his client.

“I have carefully reviewed the above Statement of Facts with him,” Mr Iweanoge said.

“To my knowledge, his decision to stipulate to these facts is an informed and voluntary one.”

Source: https://bizincome.me/invictus-obi-why-i-confessed-to-11million-fraud/

Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by SimplyAJ(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
;Dguilty as charged
Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by DaddyRochie1642: 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
It's Good He Was Smart Enough And He Had Sense To Plead Guilty,.. Those American Lawyers Would Have Torn Him To Pieces In Court.

Let's See If The Other Rat HushPuppi Has Sense grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by Joshmodest(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2020
I don't like to blame anyone or act like a saint , especially since I discovered that circumstances make people not the other way round ...
89% of those lashing out on freeze for chilling with hushpuppi would give him a head for just an invitation...we act like a morally sound society on twitter , yet we have crime going on in every corner... the question is if every one is saying no to rape , fraud and other vices who are those perpetrating these acts ...
At the end of the day they've enjoyed their life and its the season to suffer the time ...
Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by Vyzz: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
grin
Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
celebrity fraudster
Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by joviegghead: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by olisaEze(m): 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Before nko? Wetin you wan do again?

This is not Efcc snapping you pishures with a laptop and a clutch of iPhones at hand as evidence, na the only play you get bi dis nau!

At least, you lived it up for a while... undecided

1 Like

Re: Invictus Obi: Why I Admitted To The $11 Million Fraud by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2020
Even some big people who we think they're legit,,are doing fraud back to back angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2020: "My Mom Is Diabetic, I'll Use My Prize Money To Get Her A New Body / Tears As Veteran Nollywood Actress, Chinyere Wilfred, Loses Mum (video, Photos) / Ginimbi Dies In Rolls Royce Crash On His Way To A Birthday Party (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.