Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70878 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by kiddkash(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2020
eRex:
For me oo. Your supposed EX GF has a point.

Even in death Life goes on.
If the spouse choses to remarry.

You wouldn't want your mum hanging on you as her pseudo hubby... Your future wife "May" not like it.

Truth be told when she is alone and your kids are all married, she will eventually get lonely...

I am talking from 1st hand experience. So also it looked odd but we know better now.

EVERYDAY CALLS
JISTING ABOUT IRRELEVANT (to us) OLD PPLE STUFFS THE WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR MAN AND WIFE.

it all got us boring with time
what is dead may never die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by arthorjnr(m): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2020
Romanoff:
My dad has been dead for 11 years now and I need a man for my mum cause she is going to get lonely. She will be 55 next year, we have started getting married and her youngest child will soon leave her for NYSC.

Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

There is nothing wrong with your girl suggesting your mum remarries, she's obviously more mature than you are.

Someone having a different opinion doesn't make him immature. People still believe in soul mates and in his mum's case, she married her soulmate and she lost him. He's still there with her in her heart. She obviously doesn't want anyone else to touch her or try and play that role. I mean even if she's lonely, she must have friends...

But I also understand people remarrying tho. Anyone that's dead is dead.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by omoharry(f): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2020
Indaboski007:
Mothers of that set especially igbo people most of them don't remarry. It's this 80's down generation that started this remarry thing for women.

Even in those days women remarry for only children sake. Our generation has lost it everything sex sex sex
In those days ,widows were re-married to the husband family. provided she is Agrees to it so that she & her children can be able to take care off by her late husband brother . It’s only when the children are grown that is when that option will not be made available to her.
But if the woman is still young & had not had any children then she can be allowed to remarry either within or Outside the family.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AdaNonye: 10:51am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.

I sincerely hope you break up with her since she is blind and hasn't noticed that she is too good for you. Shes too mature for you and doesn't deserve a guy/ husband thats still a baby...smh....

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by CorperKola: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2020
ogbeni, when you guys get married, if you travel for too long, i can assure you, you will meet another man on top of her in your matrimonial bed.
even your children , you wont be sure if you fathered them
U beta start looking for another option now
with what you said, i m sure she has other options too
save yourself from committing murder in the future now!
you don dey sabi your babe be that

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by iwinnie(f): 10:53am On Jul 05, 2020
franugo:

Not all men remarry...I know of a friend's dad dt has refused to remarry after his wife died several years ago. The difference here tho is dt there are children in the house so he isn't really lonely, just lacking companionship.

Op's mom might actually want some level of companionship but may be afraid of what society will think/say, cause as I'm sure you know, we're very backward and insensitive in this country.

We're on same page, its just that I didnt point out some men don't remarry
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Rapture4real(m): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense

1693 likes on Nairaland.Such a crowd.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by CorperKola: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2020
arthorjnr:

Someone having a different opinion doesn't make him immature. People still believe in soul mates and in his mum's case, she married her soulmate and she lost him. He's still there with her in her heart. She obviously doesn't want anyone else to touch her or try and play that role. I mean even if she's lonely, she must have friends...

But I also understand people remarrying tho. Anyone that's dead is dead.

i wonder o
immature! can you imagine??!
romanoff, you are very mature o,
Mr mature

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by LEOSZ(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2020
She is not wrong tho .

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by PETGEB(m): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2020
Kriss216:
All these happened cos you always over-talk with your girl on phone.. When you have nothing to say, just drop the call.. Stop engaging with unnecessary talks on phone with all these Nigerian girls... Nothing dey their head aside fucck!
correct guy

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by omoharry(f): 11:07am On Jul 05, 2020
franugo:

Not all men remarry...I know of a friend's dad dt has refused to remarry after his wife died several years ago. The difference here tho is dt there are children in the house so he isn't really lonely, just lacking companionship.

Op's mom might actually want some level of companionship but may be afraid of what society will think/say, cause as I'm sure you know, we're very backward and insensitive in this country.
We are talking about one in 609 men .Its very rare to see widower to not re-marry becos of the love they have for their wives . But we have so many widows that can remain unmarried and take of their children .

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mayeldah(m): 11:23am On Jul 05, 2020
You are still a kid bro.

who told you re-marrying is all about having children?

Once someone dies, he/she is dead, let the living move on with their lives.

if a Man can re-marry few months or years after his wife died, why can't a woman do the same?

However, those who wish not to re-marry are also right in their own way, it is matter of choice.

Your girlfriend didn't do anything wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by deebrain(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2020
Even though her way of expressing it might have reservations (innocently), your girlfriend is DEFINITELY a wonderful personality.

Wow.

She apparently cares for your mum like the way any of your siblings will care for her wellbeing.

Don't use the fact that her opinions that might be weird to you, understandably, as justification to end your relationship.

She is a good person. Don't blow it.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Bobkayz: 11:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Dude, pls don't tell me you broke up with the lady because she suggested that angry Damn! Congrats for her freedom though. She should be happy.

You're entitled to your opinion about life anyways.

Good luck!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by sharliz(f): 11:33am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then i would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much of another woman
I'm so sorry but your level of reasoning I really can't stand it.. please break up with her, she deserves better..
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by shekauvsbuhari: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
Guy, that girl is a good girl. She cares about ur mum. Dont kick her out bcs of this. You got it all wrong. Even de Holy Bible supports what she suggested. That ur mum's opinion differ does not make her wrong but she was just being kind and caring.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by CorperKola: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2020
deebrain:
Even though her way of expressing it might have reservations (innocently), your girlfriend is DEFINITELY a wonderful personality.

Wow.

She apparently cares for your mum like the way any of your siblings will care for her wellbeing.

Don't use the fact that her opinions that might be weird to you, understandably, as justification to end your relationship.

She is a good person. Don't blow it.
i am actually suprised no one has seen this too,
the girl is thinking ahead , she doesnt want your mum to have time for her if you guys get married
so this marriage thing is to distract your mum from you and by extension her(your possible future wife
this your babe and your mum will definitely have problems in the future
think about that too!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by obailala(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.
Your mum is 52, and probably has another 30-40+ years to live on earth. You sound like you're somewhere between 25 - 30 years old and if you arent already away from home, you will be leaving home very soon. So in essence, you want your 52 year old (still reasonably young) mum to live for the next 40+ years alone and in isolation because of what exactly? Because you will give her grandchildren?

If you and your kids would live under the same roof with your mum for the next 40 years, then no problem. But if you plan to abandon her but only visit with her grandkids say once or twice a year, then you must be a very selfish man. Do you know isolation can drive a person to depression?

Allow your mum to make that decision herself. Marriage is more about companionship than sex. On the surface, theres absolutely nothing wrong with your girlfriend's suggestion, it's actually a mature suggestion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Luckysbab: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

That was the only part I catch on but I knew someone like u will comment, ur last sentence no sweet me sha

Oga, the truth is bitter. That girl is way more matured than you are.

If I had my way, I will advise her not to marry you sef.

Na your type go dey trouble your wife over petty issues. You don't deserve her.

Also it is grandchildren, not groundchildren abi groundnut children
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by generationz(f): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then I would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much of another woman

undecided

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Mvici: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
ZooOga:
"The next day, what she told me was still bordering me,"

last year of uni? i stopped reading there. enjoy folks with ample data. grin
sorry for that, bothering pls....I still hope u read and give me ur take on it.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by budaatum: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
kiddkash:

what is dead may never die

But rises again harder and stronger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOAZYjTJ1Ms
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ValentineLALA(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Well I’m sorry to say you’re a big fool for taking a good suggestion made by your GF to another level, Ya dey reason so fast and E no good. Leave the girl and I bet you will regret it. Thank you ✌�

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ImaIma1(f): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

Just the way my close friend asked me if I wished my dad were dead instead. It sounded somehow. But I know she meant well because my dad had a stroke for years and wasn't himself anymore.

Get her intention and her reasons behind it and stop getting bothered unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Chydo63(m): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
WaywardSon:
You should be enraged but not for the useless reason you posted, if ya dead sod off! IDC

but its plain disrespectful to me js. Ima lose my shiiiit if someone says something like that IMO. Idk how close you guys are tho
aswear to God, you no make sense. Try typing in full.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Jennifer89(f): 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

So your problem is how your mum will go down with another man? Oga her husband is late and you are all grown if she wants to remarry allow her to please, in fact suggest it to her abg

All she needs is companionship and even if sex comes in what is your business? That is why I love 'Oyibo' people coz you'll see a 60 year old mama looking for love
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ginomel(m): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
oshorstan:
Well, the OP is very immature. Your gf is such a sweet girl who cares about the companionship of your mother. she only offered a way not. That is a proof that she loves your mum.

It is not a must to remarry. I have seen young and old widows who have swore not to touch any man n they're disciplined about it. that's a typical Eagle like behavior. My Late Cousin (50) years didn't remarry after her late husband died 23 years ago.

Forgive her pls

Don't you think she could have lived more if she was happier with a company.??

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Toneyo(m): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
What a lucky girl?

I wished I had a realist and matured lady like your ex.

Jealous kid.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ginomel(m): 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
hermesprogidy:
I totally understand your sentiment, no one wants to imagine their mum receiving cane, especially male children. What did you expect your mom to say? for all you know, your mum is receiving some nice dick somewhere. At 52 your mom is still young, in fact some women's libido peaks at this age. Your girlfriend is making sense, and if you stop dating her solely because of this inane reason, then she probably dodged a bullet.

He didn't even think about this at all.

The mum will not even reveal her secrets to him knowing that it could corrupt the son more.

Reasonable women in that situation are so conscious of their behaviour in front of their children knowing the effect on them.

Those widows hardly allow their children to know their romantic secrets.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by newtral01(f): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chai to think u re soon to be graduate I shake my head for you....Talking from experience, I wish my mother in law re-marry. She poke nose into every of our affair when I say every I mean everything cos she is lonely. She calls us everyday, sometimes 2-3 times a day. U can imagine what the discussions will be about.

Now to my own dad he is over 70 years old my mum died 7 years ago just last year he said he want to remarry which I understand why LONELINESS. I'm in my thirty's and the last child. From Ex Ibbulite.....

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Coolcalmcollect(m): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.
and who told you your mom isn't collect prrick from anoda man or even your age mates?? she only gave you that reply so you won't be angry she wanna forget your dad...so in your mind a woman dat lost her husband when she was 47 for beer Bleep till 52?? you're actually a baby gimme your gf number when your leave her

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by JohnOkolo: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

That girl is a No No.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Wedding Pictures / Man Took A Lady On A Date Without Having Much Money. See What Happened Next / Cheat On Me I Will Slice Your Dick Like Onions, Eat It With Pepsi- Sexy Oge (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.