Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,125 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70865 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
grin

Covid 19 be making people lose interest anyhow.

How or why should that make you lose interest in her?.

Anyways let me read details and be back with my full dose.

Jeeez!!! shocked just read the full gist . why are you like this, op? The girls' only feeling for your mum as she's lonely and obviouly needs a companion. Besides it was just a suggestion and you took it too far even to when you'll die. lol.. Small pikin still dey worry you. In fact, you just made me remember one of the Cosby shows episodes where Bill Cosby was asking the wife if he dies, will she remarry ( or was it the wife that was asking can't remember clearly now) and all that crayzy assumptions like yours Op. Snap out of it! She meant no harm.

You have sought your mums opinion on it and she has given you her take. Simply let your girl know mumsy will be fine like that. Period! No need using that against her. She meant well for your mum.

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
Romanoff:
My dad has been dead for 11 years now and I need a man for my mum cause she is going to get lonely. She will be 55 next year, we have started getting married and her youngest child will soon leave her for NYSC.

Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

There is nothing wrong with your girl suggesting your mum remarries, she's obviously more mature than you are.

Hope u never marry coz u r for me

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Expresswriter: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense

b]GOD BLESS YOU.[/b]

THE OP's IGNORANCE IS TOO LOUD.

HE HAS ALREADY ANSWERED HIS OWN QUESTION SO NO NEED FOR US TO ADVISE HIM.[/b]

5 years?

What is wrong if she remarries?

I don't understand children of nowadays thinking one-sided.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by airminem(f): 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
Thank you to everyone who comment.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by excanny: 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
We don't have women again o like our mothers. All these slay queens know now is money and sex.

No values whatsoever. Maybe not all tho.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by morris477(m): 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
Is ok. Guy go on with Ur girl
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Expresswriter: 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
That your mum says she doesn't want to marry doesn't mean that if other widows remarry it is wrong! Even if other widows remarry after 1 year or 2 years, it isn't wrong. It is simply a matter of individual viewpoints of the widows.

Simple.

I'm out of here. Jeez!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AmazingELixir: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Op you are just a baby ...I'm not surprised at your thought pattern.....what is wrong with your mom re_marrying if she is still relatively young....abi you think say nobi blood dey flow through vein ni.

As for when you kpai in the future and what becomes of your children with her...life is for the living ..if you kpai you kpai life must continue with or without you.

16 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Bar1941(m): 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Your girlfriend is smart, she is preparing for her future, she didn't want any stepmother crisis knowing fully if your mom remaries her attentions will be distracted from just you alone.

But if you dislike her advice tell her not to give such again. But candidly your mom is still young @ 52, the choice is hers anyway.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by CAPSLOCKED: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:
I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then i would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much of another woman

YOU'RE JUST AN OVERGROWN DUNDERHEAD BABY. I'M SURE YOU'LL DROWN IN A WELL IF YOU EVER DISCOVER YOUR MOM FLIRTING WITH MEN ON FACEBOOK OR HAVING AFFAIRS WITH THEM.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Bbbwings: 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
Romanoff:
My dad has been dead for 11 years now and I need a man for my mum cause she is going to get lonely. She will be 55 next year, we have started getting married and her youngest child will soon leave her for NYSC.

There is nothing wrong with your girl suggesting your mum remarries, she's obviously more mature than you are.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense
I second

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by jaxxy(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.

Nice1, ur mum has a good heart and even though that’s her conviction it’s a good one.

Now to Ur senseless gf, u need to ask her a good question. And I mean a serious relationship question. Ask her if u were to travel out for a year for Smtn important can she stay without a man or sex??

Pls ask her to be truthful. Since she’s concerned about ur mums loneliness, that u are concerned about her attitude to loneliness also.

I’m sure she will think properly and deeply after that and have better sense.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by simplepee(f): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
Everything wey full this op head na sex sex sex. Tufia.

The young lady did not say anything bad, infact she's very reasonable. She only made a suggestion which is not in anyway bad.

You are obviously a kid or an over-grown baby

18 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by OdefaGirl(f): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
All these happened cos you always over-talk with your girl on phone.. When you have nothing to say, just drop the call.. Stop engaging with unnecessary talks on phone with all these Nigerian girls... Nothing dey their head aside fucck!

Na waa ooo, you shock me.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by jasent(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
You never grow at all.Did it occurred to you that the girl has a different upbringing from you?So because your mums decide to remain like that automatically means anyone who think and act contrary has become a LovePeddler?Grow up dude

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by PericomaNwankwo: 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Authoreety:
God bless your mum bro...
She'll live to see her 4th generation and beyond if she so desires...

As for your girl, she has a lot to learn... Don't wife her.

You're madly immature. @OP it's obvious immaturity still dey worry you. It's a shame your girl is actually the man between the two of you. Mummy's boy, I don't think you'll ever grow.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Amanda4life: 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

OGA,

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR MUM REMARRYING.

GOD FORBID , IF UR MUM WAS THE ONE THAT DIED,
WOULDN'T YOUR FATHER RE MARRY?

SO LONG AS THE MAN IS DEAD, UR MUM CAN RE MARRY IF THAT WILL MAKE HER HAPPY.

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by oluplus(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
Your GF made a valid point. The fact that your mum has a different opinion does not make hers wrong.
Marriage is not just about sex. It is also for companionship. Loneliness kills and brings bad memories.

Don't be childish. You have a lot of learning to do

14 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by BAVOSKI(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

You sound good

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Altrarecords(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

Shut up jor

She actually cares for your mom and don't want her to be lonely hence the suggestion.

Some Nigerians need to upgrade mentally

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by adieora(f): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Poster,you are very immature. Grow up. Would you be angry if it were man that was asked to remarry but a woman's husband dies and she should mourn him for ever. Your gf is too good for you. Your deserve to be alone.

16 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ramos16(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
As a man Will you remarry if you lost your wife

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nigerfine3: 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Someone called you a child, you objected; you don’t know the importance of marriage apart from having children. COMPANIONSHIP, saves your mum from a lot. This topic is so educative but most of the contributors are shallow thinking naija lay back who see nothing bad in a 52 years living in misery after mourning the husband for 5 years!
A clap for a caring girl you have! If your class can’t accept such a good gesture, free the girl soon so she can meet whom would cherish her

17 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by oluplus(m): 10:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kriss216:
All these happened cos you always over-talk with your girl on phone.. When you have nothing to say, just drop the call.. Stop engaging with unnecessary talks on phone with all these Nigerian girls... Nothing dey their head aside fucck!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by paul100(m): 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
She did not say anything bad.Even our pastors "MEN OF GOD" remarry after some years of mourning.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by cedricksly: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

U are really childish... She only gave a harmless suggestion... 5years isn't enough to mourn the dead abi?? Its just in ur mum's nature not to get married again and the decision should be respected, it doesn't mean what she said was out of place.... But would u have called her to thank her if your mum actually agreed when u asked her if she would like to remarry?? Without being told ure behaving like a child even if ure more than 25yrs u still have a child's Mentality by judging an harmless lady over a harmless suggestion....

NOTE: I'm a guy and I don't see anything wrong with what she said. U should readjust ur low Mentality...

14 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by phemmyfour: 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

That was the only part I catch on but I knew someone like u will comment, ur last sentence no sweet me sha
she is right

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Expresswriter: 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
Do you know the price your mum is paying by not remarrying?

Do you know how she fights loneliness?

She may not tell you all this.

Your mum is a strong woman. It is a hard decision she has taken. Other widows may not take such decision. That doesn't mean they're weak. They're strong in their own ways too.

If you like you scatter your relationship with your girlfriend that's your own headache.

Your girlfriend is just being concerned. There's nothing wrong in what she asked. In fact it shows she thinks deeply. Not every girlfriend will ask that type of question. They'll say after all wetin concern me.

You better treat that lady right, young man.

I'm not happy with your ignorance, at all.

You weren't asking us a question.

You were acting as if you already knew the answer to your question. That's wrong.

You need to start reading wide and learning from people by expanding your network.

Read beyond what they teach you in school.

Read about life.

Buy personal development books and read.

Buy marriage books and read too.

Alright. That's all I will say.

21 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by dominique(f): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
I see nothing wrong with the suggestion. People especially the widowed ones don't marry for sex, they marry for companionship. You wouldn't have seen the idea as absurd if it was a 52 year old widowed man that was suggested to remarry o

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ramos16(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
adieora:
Poster,you are very immature. Grow up. Would you be angry if it were man that was asked to remarry but a woman's husband dies and she should mourn him for ever. Your gf is too good for you. Your deserve to be alone.

He is actually quite immature and his girlfriend deserves more than he can offer, the problem is that he doesn't know how immature he is being

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ladies, You Get To Your Boyfriend's Room And Meet This What Will You Do? / "I Have 20k Followers, They Follow Me Because Of My Big Breast" - Lady Says / Cheat On Me I Will Slice Your Dick Like Onions, Eat It With Pepsi- Sexy Oge (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.