Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help (868 Views)

Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors / PDP Marginalized The Igbo's According To Dave Umahi, But Check This Out / Grace Mugabe Cries To Obasanjo At Burial Of Robert Mugabe "Your Friend Is Gone" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
https://glonatnewsonline.com/2020/06/29/abandonment-ebonyi-community-cries-out-to-umahi-representatives-for-intervention/

ABANDONMENT: EBONYI COMMUNITY CRIES OUT TO UMAHI, REPRESENTATIVES FOR INTERVENTION

By Paul Okah
Abuja

Residents of Ibii community in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi state have cried out to the state government to save them from being cut off from the rest of the state “due to bad road, lack of power supply, among other necessities of life”.

In several interviews with our reporter, residents of the community said that they have suffered abandonment for years, even before the state was created, but have always voted for the government in power during election years.

Speaking with our reporter, one of the residents, Chief Nelson Otu, said that Ibii is particularly affected by bad road, being an agrarian community that depends on agricultural produce for survival and appealed to the state government for urgent intervention.

He said: "The Ibii road that traverses the community to Afikpo town and the one that connects us to Akpoha community has been in a deplorable state for many years. We are calling on the governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi, FNSE, FNATE, to please come to our aid.

“The major road that connects us to the state is so bad that, if not for community effort, we would have been cut off completely. They should do something. We are an agrarian community and our people are finding it difficult to transport our agric products to other areas.

“We produce food, such as rice, cassava and yam in large quantity. Our problem is that we don’t have good roads. We are cut off during the rainy season. We're suffering. Why are we hated and marginalised these much, when we've always given 99% votes to the People's Democratic Party (PDP) since 1999 till date?”

Also speaking, one of the residents and Technical Assistant to the Governor on Attiudnal Change, Kelechi Ability, said that, apart from bad roads, the community is also suffering from lack of power supply and called on the state governor, representatives in the National Assembly and representative in the state House of Assembly for intervention.

He said: "We call on the state government to intervene in our plights, especially in the area of electricity and road network as we've been cut off from our brother communities in the state. We make bold to say that since 1999, our great party, PDP, has never failed any election in our community, but the height of negligence and marginalisation is heartbreaking.

“We call on the state governor, Apostle David Nweze Umahi, Senator representing Ebonyi South, Senator Michael Ama Nnachi, Member representing Afikpo North/ South constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Idume Igariwey and member representing Afikpo North West in the Ebonyi state House of Assembly, Hon. Ikoro Kingsley Ogboonia, please hearken to our yearnings.”

Lalas pls save this community

Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by SLAP44: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
It's the rainy season again and with increasing urbanisation in Ebonyi, every town now has traffic.

Dave Umahi has stretched concrete roads to most if not all the communities in Ebonyi. He will get to this one soon.

God bless Ebonyi state.

6 Likes

Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by Mutemenot(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
Umahi why
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
Lala, pls move this to front page, the community needs an urgent help
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
SLAP44:
It's the rainy season again and with increasing urbanisation in Ebonyi, every town now has traffic.

Dave Umahi has stretched concrete roads to most if not all the communities in Ebonyi. He will get to this one soon.

God bless Ebonyi state.
He should, the community has suffered for too long
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by Ogbuu101: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
SLAP44:

God bless Ebonyi state.
You sabi how far
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
Lalasticlala this is not fair, a community is seriously begging for an urgent help.
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
So naso una want finish Umahi just because his media dogs updated us on one bridge he recently concluded.

You should know is all about media clout... nothingelse
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by OruExpress: 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
'cries out' lol like they're babies are being irrational. I think we should start writing in our native languages. This English is a failed project
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
Osagyefo98:
So naso una want finish Umahi just because his media dogs updated us on one bridge he recently concluded.

You should know is all about media clout... nothingelse
Oga this community has been neglected for too long
Nothing like media clout here
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
OruExpress:
'cries out' lol like they're babies are being irrational. I think we should start writing in our native languages. This English is a failed project
What are you even saying?
Crying out in this context simply means admission of one's need for something
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by OruExpress: 2:36am On Jul 02, 2020
comrChris:
What are you even saying?
Crying out in this context simply means admission of one's need for something

no, that's not the meaning of that word. Crying out means alludes to a burst of emotion. Screaming etc. The headline implies the citizens of that community are out of control. Again, me k'anyi su igbo nke anyi mma. Anyi ji bekee ne su onwe anyi mkpari.

Cry Out
exclaim, cry, cry out, outcry, call out, shout(verb)
utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy
"`I won!' he exclaimed"; "`Help!' she cried"; "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
Synonyms:
proclaim, outshout, shout, weep, shout out, hollo, blackguard, outcry, promulgate, call out, blazon out, holler, yell, call, scream, cry, squall, abuse, clapperclaw, exclaim
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by phoenix911: 2:54am On Jul 02, 2020
comrChris:
Oga this community has been neglected for too long
Nothing like media clout here

Even if the community is in need of government help, why lies about the situation with fake pictures that is to say the OP did not do any research by going to the community to know what the situation looks like that pictures are fake the first and the third pictures are not from Nigeria just check the number plate on the car on the third picture when did Nigeria or Ebonyi state start using yellow plate number.

1 Like

Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2020
phoenix911:

Even if the community is in need of government help, why lies about the situation with fake pictures that is to say the OP did not do any research by going to the community to know what the situation looks like that pictures are fake the first and the third pictures are not from Nigeria just check the number plate on the car on the third picture when did Nigeria or Ebonyi state start using yellow plate number.
Have you been to that community yourself to ascertain the situation of things there?
I'm from Afikpo North and I know the community the way I know my name, I have been there countless times. Though its a small community, disadvantaged by its distance from the main town, but still regarded as one of the communities in Afikpo with the most hard working and brilliant people. Their population isn't more than 5000 but the number of graduates its shuns out every year is amazing.

I'm a huge fan of Dave and I appreciate his good works in Ebonyi but that still does not change the fact the this community needs help. Dave made a promise to fix the road during the electioneering period but he's yet to do anything after election, even the member representing Afikpo North/South at the fed house(Hon Idu Igariway) made a promise to fix the road if the state govt fails to do it but all of them have forgotten about it.

1 Like

Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2020
OruExpress:

no, that's not the meaning of that word. Crying out means alludes to a burst of emotion. Screaming etc. The headline implies the citizens of that community are out of control. Again, me k'anyi su igbo nke anyi mma. Anyi ji bekee ne su onwe anyi mkpari.

Cry Out
"`I won!' he exclaimed"; "`Help!' she cried"; "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
Synonyms:
proclaim, outshout, shout, weep, shout out, hollo, blackguard, outcry, promulgate, call out, blazon out, holler, yell, call, scream, cry, squall, abuse, clapperclaw, exclaim

OK Sir, Professor Emeritus grin
The point remains that this community needs an urgent help, whether they smile, murmur, shout or even groan, let help be granted them
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 02, 2020
OruExpress:

Cry Out
Synonyms:

There is denotative and connotative meaning of words ...Google is your friend
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by phoenix911: 2:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
comrChris:
Have you been to that community yourself to ascertain the situation of things there?
I'm from Afikpo North and I know the community the way I know my name, I have been there countless times. Though its a small community, disadvantaged by its distance from the main town, but still regarded as one of the communities in Afikpo with the most hard working and brilliant people. Their population isn't more than 5000 but the number of graduates its shuns out every year is amazing.

I'm a huge fan of Dave and I appreciate his good works in Ebonyi but that still does not change the fact the this community needs help. Dave made a promise to fix the road during the electioneering period but he's yet to do anything after election, even the member representing Afikpo North/South at the fed house(Hon Idu Igariway) made a promise to fix the road if the state govt fails to do it but all of them have forgotten about it.

I'm not arguing about the deplorable conduction of the said community, I'm against using fake pictures. I commend your effort in trying to help the community but not in a way you went about it taking pictures from Cameroon you pull from the internet make it look like propaganda, so please go there take the real picture to reflect what on the ground.
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by OruExpress: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
comrChris:
OK Sir, Professor Emeritus grin
The point remains that this community needs an urgent help, whether they smile, murmur, shout or even groan, let help be granted them

how does someone know what 'professor emertius' means but not crying out?
If the point remains that the communiy needs help and you writing like they're screaming childishly, the actual problem is the writing. This article is their mouthpiece of means of getting their message across. If the messenger throws the message in the trash or delivers it as foolishness you have a problem.

Again, k'anyi ji Igbo anyi mma na su ihe.

Even if you wrote it in Igbo you will see how insulting and silencing the message is.

'Ndi Ebonyi ne be akwa'

does not mean 'need intervention' in Igbo, so why English? This is how you'll be saying your president is 'ruling you' then wondering why he's ruling you instead of leading you.
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by OruExpress: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Igbochief001:

There is denotative and connotative meaning of words ...Google is your friend

Connotative: irrational emotional outburst
Denotative: they're not serious
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by omenka(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
They should be patient, their brothers are doing a great job of dragging Tinubu to go fix the erosion and construct the roads for them.

Next week, it is likely their campaign will yield the desired fruits.
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by Sweetgoodie(f): 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
[s]
omenka:
They should be patient, their brothers are doing a great job of dragging Tinubu to go fix the erosion and construct the roads for them.

[/s]
trash
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by sapientia(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Emperor Umahi
Re: Community In Ebonyi Cries To Dave Umahi For Help by comrChris(m): 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
omenka post=91304403[b:
]They should be patient, their brothers are doing a great job of dragging Tinubu to go fix the erosion and construct the roads for them.
[/b]
please this is not needed here
If you don't have any meaningful thing to say, keep shut

(1) (Reply)

Biggest Container Vessel Ever At Any Nigerian Port (Photos) / Ondo State Vows To Stop Wike's Godfatherism / #EndNIGERIA Will Be Our Next Protest.. WE DON TAAYA FOR NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.