Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

MTN Has Stopped The Daily Free 10 SMS - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / MTN Has Stopped The Daily Free 10 SMS (480 Views)

Gtbank: How To Hide Your Account Balance From Intruder #sms / Ways To Solve [pii_email_148502ad759f50f39787] Error - The Daily Strength / How To Fix "Unfortunately System UI Has Stopped" Error On Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTN Has Stopped The Daily Free 10 SMS by R3dsp3ar(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2020
Due to the covid-19 pandemic outbreak , MTN  telecom credited every of her customer with a whooping sum of 300 SMS uniun and 10 units every day.

MTN’s 300 monthly free SMS was about reviving dying tradition of texting friends, family and loved onces. It's so  Sudden and shortwile even though the Coronavirus disease is still presently seating tight in the global economy.

The tradition of SMS texting which used to be part of our lives in the early days of mobile phones in Nigeria has been on a steady decline in the last decade. A Deloitte study in 2014 shows that SMS messages declined by 7 billion in 2013 to 145 billion, while messages sent by instant-messaging apps have continued to spike as more people – old and young, embrace WhatsApp and other instant messaging apps.

Amokeoja, a media practitioner, described his texting habit in the early 2000s as superb, “as a matter of fact, that was my prioritised form of communication until we shifted to the Instant Messaging form of communication.”

“I was always texting people new month and daily greetings. That was like the tradition then but not anymore. I’m personally averse to it now, whether through the SMS or any other platform for that matter. The world no longer has the patience to wait for someone to reply a text you are not even sure you will ever get a response to".

At this point, MTN has stopped the free daily sms, I was using mine untill it got to 92 out of 300. MTN has wiped all their customers free sms  units. It's so sad, many has taken to social media to expressed the sad news.

However, for the first time in many years, the texting tradition was revived among Nigerians from March to April 2020, as the number of text messages sent by mobile phone users spiked during that period.

In an official media statement, the CEO of MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman revealed that over two billion free text messages were sent by MTN subscribers in less than two months of the free SMS offer.

Tell us how you feel and your experience over the short time using free sms.

Source: https://www.naijatechnews.com/mtn-stopped-the-daily-free-10-sms/

Re: MTN Has Stopped The Daily Free 10 SMS by Gwagone: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
They tried biko
Re: MTN Has Stopped The Daily Free 10 SMS by jacoik(m): 8:06am On Jul 02, 2020
Gwagone:
They tried biko
which stupid try, dem no supposed give us free data for a month? how many people use sms this days, me sef no know say dem give free sms

(1) (Reply)

How To Take A Loan Without Paying Back / HP Pavilion 15 Laptop For Sale / How To Fix And Prevent Twitter Rate Limit Exceeded Error (3 Smart Ways)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.