Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,693 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God (3012 Views)

The Love For God VS The Love Of God / Old Testament Murder Count: God Vs. Satan / GOD Vs SATAN, Who Is Winning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
[quote author=budaatum post=91619140]
Believers tend to create crap in their heads and claim it is what happened and is true, though if they could be honest with themselves, they'd accept they are ignorant and know not of what they speak.

You, for instance, believe "their lack of courage was instigated by God", and you believe Moses, "was immune by God to the thunder and lightning". But the truth is, you have not got a clue why some lacked courage that some seem to have had, and your belief stops you from delving deeper so you may understand.

Its like the [url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_center_of_the_Universe%23Earth_as_the_center_of_the_Universe&ved=2ahUKEwj87OPVgMbqAhXUasAKHacGDGoQygQwC3oECAIQBg&usg=AOvVaw2tlZQtcvmQdvDf0HjEVbIe]one time belief that the earth was the centre of the universe[/url] stopped some from knowing what might be the centre of the universe. Belief is also what makes some hold on to [url=https://www.nairaland.com/5458081/been-lied-earth-flat-not/26#85415435]the ideology of a flat earth despite all the existing evidence to
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:
Believing without the use of the senses is one of the attributes that drove me from christianity. For it doesn't make sense to use my senses to live rightly but christianity demands I shut my senses including my brain and thinking faculty which I find ridiculous.

As for discussing christianity and the bible, it's the only religion I have practiced and have good knowledge on. So that's why I always cite my examples from there when discussing religion.

As for moving on, it ain't an easy move to do. For something I have been involved in since childhood and even till my twenties, its gonna take more than a lifetime to cleanse myself from its indoctrination. I am making progress
"18“Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are as red as crimson, they will become like wool.
19If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best of the land
"
- Isaiah 1:18-19

"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!
And whatever else you do, develop good judgment.
"
- Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this:
Wisdom preserves those who have it
"
- Ecclesiastes 7:12

Christianity, sure will prefer, you leave your brains at home when you participate in its organised set ups, but the bible will always invite you to come and reason (i.e. Isaiah 1:18a)

Proverbs 4:7 articulates it, as much as, Ecclesiastes 7:12 above does, if not better.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

Believing without the use of the senses is one of the attributes that drove me from christianity. For it doesn't make sense to use my senses to live rightly but christianity demands I shut my senses including my brain and thinking faculty which I find ridiculous.
That is not true, sotall, though it is the understanding of most Nigerian Christians, unfortunately.

Jesus, for instance, went about making eyes - one of the senses - work, stating, "if your eye is dim, so too would your whole being". A proper understanding would make you hone all of your senses, including your mind because, if you do not you would lose them[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025%3A14-30&version=NIV]including those you might have honed[/url].

If you do not hone your senses, you will remain naked, blind, and ignorant and afraid in the Garden of Eden.

The courageous test if they will surely die or not.

sotall:
As for discussing christianity and the bible, it's the only religion I have practiced and have good knowledge on. So that's why I always cite my examples from there when discussing religion.
I perfectly understand. If I cite examples from the Dhammapada no one would know what I speak of.

sotall:
As for moving on, it ain't an easy move to do. For something I have been involved in since childhood and even till my twenties, its gonna take more than a lifetime to cleanse myself from its indoctrination. I am making progress.
I understand this too. But while you believe you are trying to move on, I see someone who is intelligently seeking understanding.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

Pls let's not derail this thread with discussing "the use of senses to scrutinize religion/christianity "

For no religion will survive that
So you wrongly believe.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

Pls let's not derail this thread with discussing "the use of senses to scrutinize religion/christianity "

For no religion will survive that

Not my intention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

If you can open a thread and explain how the human senses can be used to verify any religion you know, I will gladly follow it. Its something of utmost interest to me

That is what I was doing to Sonny until he did not want to participate anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

If you can open a thread and explain how the human senses can be used to verify any religion you know, I will gladly follow it. Its something of utmost interest to me
This thread is doing exactly that, and I am specifically not only explaining, but showing you by making you use your own senses.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:
I believe you understand what is mean by reading and drawing inference from reading.
You posited earlier that they lacked courage and I agreed with you.
But then why did they lack courage?

First they were instructed not to go up the mountain if not they will die. Who gave the instruction? Of course God.
Not true sotall. Please return to responses you got to questions intelligently asked here and let me know if the truth is not that you read it in a human written book that God gave the instruction and you believe it.

If you use your senses, as suggested, you might arrive at a different opinion and understanding.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
budaatum:

Not true sotall. Please return to responses you got to questions intelligently asked here and let me know if the truth is not that you read it in a human written book that God gave the instruction and you believe it.

If you use your senses, as suggested, you might arrive at a different opinion and understanding.

My Error

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Error
Elaborate.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 10:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
budaatum:

Elaborate.

I thought it was Sotall I was responding to, sorry my mistake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

I have not raised any book here but advanced normal Nigerian living conditions, do want to take my Use of Senses Tests?
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by orisa37: 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
The Totality of God was given ADAM and EVE at Creation.

When God created Adam and Eve, they saw(Wisdom), knew(Knowledge) and understand God. Creation gives Knowledge of the CREATOR.

When God built a Garden, equipped with a variety of Plantation, Rivers of good flowing Water and assorted Animals for eating and for games, God gave Adam and Eve CAUSE to Believe Him. The Riches and Wealth we have and those that surround us are SUFFICIENT Reasons for our FAITH TO BELIEVE GOD.

IN OTHER WORDS, KNOWLEDGE OF GOD IS THE GOODNESS OF GOD IN US. THE RICHES AND WEALTH WE HAVE ARE THE CAUSE OF OUR FAITH TO BELIEVE GOD.

HAPPY SUNDAY. From Orunto27.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, you have taken care of the physical ones that you have seen like everyone else is doing, but now, it is Reported that This Dangerous Person Can not be seen, would you be concerned about a danger which you can not see?

How can something that has no matter harm me, do you believe ghost can harm people, exactly how?
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"18“Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are as red as crimson, they will become like wool.
19If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best of the land
"
- Isaiah 1:18-19

"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!
And whatever else you do, develop good judgment.
"
- Proverbs 4:7

"Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this:
Wisdom preserves those who have it
"
- Ecclesiastes 7:12

Christianity, sure will prefer, you leave your brains at home when you participate in its organised set ups, but the bible will always invite you to come and reason (i.e. Isaiah 1:18a)

Proverbs 4:7 articulates it, as much as, Ecclesiastes 7:12 above does, if not better.
If sins where forgiven at the time of Isaiah, what is the purpose of Jesus?..

That is my purpose for this thread..
If, we truly have the knowledge of God as we claim, then it is so glaring that Jesus is useless in the whole equation.. An Idol at worst that God never planed or ordered..
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what I was doing to Sonny until he did not want to participate anymore.

I dey here oh... My ba3 died.. I had to charge it..
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
sonmvayina:
If sins where forgiven at the time of Isaiah, what is the purpose of Jesus?..
Forgiveness, doesnt mean a price has been paid. The purpose is to reconciliation

sonmvayina:
That is my purpose for this thread..
If, we truly have the knowledge of God as we claim, then it is so glaring that Jesus is useless in the whole equation
I laugh in Aramaic at you saying that Jesus is useless in the whole equation. It betrays a glaring lack of understanding correctly the whole essence of why God had to come to earth, why it was necessary that its Him who had to come, why God had to die, why et cetera

sonmvayina:
An Idol at worst that God never planed or ordered..
Jesus Christ is not an idol. Jesus Christ, is God incarnate. I am sure, you're intelligent enough to understand what that means and/or implies
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

i gave you answer earlier, remember? It is just that simple
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
i gave you answer earlier, remember? It is just that simple

Which answer sir?
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:

Which answer sir?

Kobojunkie:
You take what is written, follow the recipe/commandments, and test the results by comparing actual with expected. undecided
That is a good way to arrive at a knowing, don't you think? undecided
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 11:13pm On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:
after that answer i gave you a reply. I posted that such instructions should be simple and not involve manipulating the verifier.

That's where I cited the Moses/children of Israel example.

If we could have such arrangement at this time where God tells those seeking him to come to a particular location that he will show himself, many curious minds like myself will be there.

But at the moment, the best religious books like the bible offers is salvation through Jesus and the rest of the heaven and hell fables.
Show any other book that comes within a mile of the Bible, in terms, of salvation, problem targeting, problem solving, clarity of purpose, freedom/freewill exercising, process(es)/procedure(s) et cetera
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 11:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Show any other book that comes within a mile of the Bible, in terms, of salvation, problem targeting, problem solving, clarity of purpose, freedom/freewill exercising, process(es)/procedure(s) et cetera

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:
after that answer i gave you a reply. I posted that such instructions should be simple and not involve manipulating the verifier.

That's where I cited the Moses/children of Israel example.
The instructions should be simple? Considering you are trying here to access information that exists in a dimension that we do not exist in, don't have any other way of accessing, how much simpler do you expect for it to be? undecided

I am not certain of what you mean when you specify that it ought not to involve manipulating the verifier.

sotall:

If we could have such arrangement at this time where God tells those seeking him to come to a particular location that he will show himself, many curious minds like myself will be there.
You mean something like build a ship and meet me at the edge of the milky way? undecided

sotall:

But at the moment, the best religious books like the bible offers is salvation through Jesus and the rest of the heaven and hell fables.
Jesus Christ is the set of commands/ instructions He has provided for you to follow to Find Him. You could always tell Him that you want to break the contract once you have obtained the proof you desire. undecided
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 11:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
sotall:
At best the the bible (new testament) tells you to shut your brain and follow Jesus like a zombie.

Do what you are told. Do not question what you are told.
Please give specific places in the Bible that imposes anything like this on readers

sotall:
Believe what you are told even if it goes against sound reasoning. So everything you mentioned there are at best promises in the bible.
When I first started to get learning how to drive, I did without the least sound reasoning of how anything in the car work

sotall:
As for showing other books that answers life questions perfectly, I haven't seen any but I dont wanna settle for mediocrity or ambiguous answers.
I rest my case then
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 12:00am On Jul 12, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The instructions should be simple? Considering you are trying here to access information that exists in a dimension that we do not exist in, don't have any other way of accessing, how much simpler do you expect for it to be? undecided

I am not certain of what you mean when you specify that it ought not to involve manipulating the verifier.

You mean something like build a ship and meet me at the edge of the milky way? undecided

Jesus Christ is the set of commands/ instructions He has provided for you to follow to Find Him. You could always tell Him that you want to break the contract once you have obtained the proof you desire. undecided

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Jul 12, 2020
sotall:

Yea , it should be very simple like ABC.
I am trying to seek a God that supposedly created me and put me here on earth so I can believe in him and worship him.
Appearing in my apartment or at a corner in my street and getting my attention shouldn't be difficult for God.
He is God. Just as you didn't make the decision on whether to be created or not, you don't get to decide how to contact Him. His creation, His rules!

sotall:

When the bible tells you to shut your brain and follow Jesus's message like a zombie, that's simply manipulative. For my reasoning faculty is required to question my observation when following the instructions from the bible.
Where does the bible suggest that you need to shut your brain in order to follow Jesus's message?
sotall:

For example a preacher was preaching salvation to me and told me Jesus came to die for me because the devil caused Adam and Eve to sin.

Then I asked him, why didn't God simply kill the devil instead of sending him down to earth to meet man?

Why not kill the devil instead asking Jesus to come die for my sins?

I asked so many questions and that was the last day I saw him
why would God kill the devil? What for? Because you think the devil is to blame? undecided

I suggest you engage your intelligence and your mind, pick up that book, clear your mind of all preconceived ideas of God and all that concerns Him, so you can in fact learn what is written.

"...Become like a child.." , that is exactly what Jesus Christ commands, and exactly what I suggest there. Free your mind of all the lies and let God write His story as it really happened.

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 12:17am On Jul 12, 2020
sotall:
Yea , it should be very simple like ABC.
I am trying to seek a God that supposedly created me and put me here on earth so I can believe in him and worship him.
Appearing in my apartment or at a corner in my street and getting my attention shouldn't be difficult for God.

When the bible tells you to shut your brain and follow Jesus's message like a zombie, that's simply manipulative. For my reasoning faculty is required to question my observation when following the instructions from the bible.

For example a preacher was preaching salvation to me and told me Jesus came to die for me because the devil caused Adam and Eve to sin.

Then I asked him, why didn't God simply kill the devil instead of sending him down to earth to meet man?

Why not kill the devil instead asking Jesus to come die for my sins?

I asked so many questions and that was the last day I saw him
Do you see that, from that "... why didn't God simply kill the devil instead of sending him down to earth to meet man" question, you seem to think and believe you know more than God the best way in dealing with the devil's felony.

Another observation, is that, you don't seem to comprehend who Jesus is. You don't know why and/or how Jesus had to come die for the world's sin.

Eve might have blamed the devil, but I am sure you know that Adam never put the blame of eating the expressly told not to eat fruit, at the devil's foot
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 1:17am On Jul 12, 2020
orisa37:
The Totality of God was given ADAM and EVE at Creation.

When God created Adam and Eve, they saw(Wisdom), knew(Knowledge) and understand God. Creation gives Knowledge of the CREATOR.

When God built a Garden, equipped with a variety of Plantation, Rivers of good flowing Water and assorted Animals for eating and for games, God gave Adam and Eve CAUSE to Believe Him. The Riches and Wealth we have and those that surround us are SUFFICIENT Reasons for our FAITH TO BELIEVE GOD.

IN OTHER WORDS, KNOWLEDGE OF GOD IS THE GOODNESS OF GOD IN US. THE RICHES AND WEALTH WE HAVE ARE THE CAUSE OF OUR FAITH TO BELIEVE GOD.

HAPPY SUNDAY. From Orunto27.
I would not say two naked people in the Garden of Eden knew anything about God, especially since they had not yet consumed the fruit that gives knowledge. There definitely is no indication they "saw(Wisdom), knew(Knowledge) and understand" anything, not to talk of God, or they would not have doubted God. But I guess many would believe what they would.

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 1:23am On Jul 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Books of Plato and Aristotle despite their factual errors, The Quran, The Dhammapada, and Nelkon - my secondary school textbook on Physics, to name a few.

Even Christ warned not to read only one book least one become malnourished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Carry Your Youth Along. I Am Seeing A Revolution - T.B. Joshua / I Have Been Accused Of Being Rude And Angry. Am I Rude ? Of Course I Am / Over 200 Pastors Became Atheists In 2012 In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.