Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,929 members, 7,803,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God (3014 Views)

The Love For God VS The Love Of God / Old Testament Murder Count: God Vs. Satan / GOD Vs SATAN, Who Is Winning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
sonmvayina:

Continue lying.. If it makes you sleep at night.. No wahala
How did you get there before me? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

The one time belief that the earth was flat was based on an opinion and not a fact

Opinions, changes, but facts don't change. Opinions don't affect facts. But facts, do affect opinions, and make opinions change. The problem is, too many people don't know the difference between what's fact and what's opinion. Opinions change, facts don't because facts are based on reality. The one time belief, that the earth was flat, was based on a fantasy/speculation (i.e. an opinion) and not reality (i.e. a fact)
It was still a belief, which goes to show that beliefs can have no factual foundation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
sonmvayina:
Continue lying.. If it makes you sleep at night.. No wahala
Why not stretch your hands into the fire place nah. Show me your favourite factual error(s) in the original Aramaic/Greek texts

budaatum:
I'm certain you say this because you read the Bible in "the original Aramaic and Greek texts". Or is that not so?
I think you lie just like you lied about Jung on your shelve.
I have resource tools that assist me in reading and deciphering "the original Aramaic and Greek texts". We thank God for the gift of technology.

I don't have Jung's publications on any shelves. I put my shelves away a long light years ago. I am a minimalist, I don't have shelves of books anymore

budaatum:
How did you get there before me? Lol.
Its prolly because birds of the same feathers flock together. Its a no-brainer
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
budaatum:
It was still a belief, which goes to show that beliefs can have no factual foundation.
Thank you for reinforcing the point I made, that the belief about the earth being flat, was a speculation, a fantasy, an opinion and not a belief based on fact nor reality
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
I wonder which is the lie. One of them certainly is, though I'm certain to be told how less than 2 years ago is "long light years ago" in your deciphering of the "the original Aramaic and Greek texts".

MuttleyLaff:

I don't have Jung's publications on any shelves. I put my shelves away a long light years ago. I am a minimalist, I don't have shelves of books anymore

MuttleyLaff:
I have Civilization in Transition, Volume 10 of the Collected Works of C.G.Jung
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Thank you for reinforcing the point I made, that the belief about the earth being flat, was a speculation, a fantasy, an opinion and not a belief based on fact nor reality
Beliefs are never based on facts, muttley. As soon as you have facts and evidence for a belief the belief becomes knowledge. That's the reason you'd never believe your mother is your mother or your wife is married to you. You ought to know who your mother is and whom your wife married.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
budaatum:
I wonder which is the lie. One of them certainly is, though I'm certain to be told how less than 2 years ago is "long light years ago" in your deciphering of the "the original Aramaic and Greek texts".
Please quit unnecessarily straining yourself, stressing yourself up, giving yourself an unduly hbp and unjustifiably being an old fart. I ceased using shelves, when I, a long time ago converted to being a minimalist and resorted to having an e-library
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
please quit unnecessarily straining yourself, stressing yourself and giving yourself an unduly hbp. I ceased using shelves, when I, a long time ago converted to being a minimalist and resorted to having an e-library
Stop quoting me, liar!
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
budaatum:
Beliefs are never based on facts, muttley. As soon as you have facts and evidence for a belief the belief becomes knowledge. That's the reason you'd never believe your mother is your mother or your wife is married to you. You ought to know who your mother is and whom your wife married.
Please slowly and carefully re-read the post you quoted, to see what I said belief is

When the earth was believed to be flat, was this assertion, proven to be true, when that belief was in vogue, hmm?

budaatum:
Stop quoting me, liar!
I will stop quoting you when you stop falsely tagging me a liar and desist from peddling rumours that misrepresents me
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 12:11am On Jul 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I will stop quoting you when you stop falsely tagging me a liar and desist from peddling rumours that misrepresents me
Those who tell lies are liars.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
See how Lord\Reed and budaatum just got exposed! shocked

Image123:
Don't mind them. Ungodly creatures. Dem no dey see fine boy leave am. Rubbish people intruding the poor brother's dream and almost messing him up. Lordubus and Budabus oshi.

MuttleyLaff:
Please slowly and carefully re-read the post you quoted, to see what I said belief is

When the earth was believed to be flat, was this assertion, proven to be true, when that belief was in vogue, hmm?

budaatum:
Those who tell lies are liars.
[img]https://media./images/f879ac0258098623c7d587d6cd057b4f/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by kumulus(m): 7:15am On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

That's not quite true. If you consider your own experience you'd find you've at times believed things you know but later found not to be knowledge. An example is the one time belief that the earth was flat which was later found to be based on ignorance.

Essentially, we believe precisely because we do not know the truth. Some of the things believed are pure ignorance.

Interesting that you know my experience smiley

I should be clear on my earlier input; there is a part of knowledge which simply means 'to know' and there's the other part which goes beyond just knowing.

For instance, most children/wards 'know' that 2×1 is 2 but only a handful can tell at those nursery ages why it is 2. Those amongst them who can have passed the first stage of knowing. I hope you see my point clearly this time.

-Lloyd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by MuttleyLaff: 7:53am On Jul 13, 2020
kumulus:

I should be clear on my earlier input; there is a part of knowledge which simply means 'to know' and there's the other part which goes beyond just knowing.

For instance, most children/wards 'know' that 2×1 is 2 but only a handful can tell at those nursery ages why it is 2. Those amongst them who can have passed the first stage of knowing. I hope you see my point clearly this time.

-Lloyd

MuttleyLaff:
"16And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth him:
but ye know him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
"
- John 14:16-17

"Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people.
I had to talk as though you belonged to this world
or as though you were infants in Christ
"
- 1 Corinthians 3:1

[img]https://s7/images/HolySprit3.png[/img]
True, one size fits all indeed, but ....

The spirit of God is meant for every human being, only that for some, they cant have the spirit of God because they belong to the world or in a cult, like in the form of an organisation and for others, they are infants in Christ, so the spirit of God, becomes like an oversized throw cover for them to put on (i.e. bigger than their normal size)

The gift of the Holy Spirit is available for anyone or all. If you arent filled to fit in it. It is either you're immature, as in it is oversized for you, but if anyone wants to argue it, then do it with 1 Corinthians 3:1 above, not with me.

Not watch this Maximus\69. When I was little, I first learned about numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 up to 10 or 20. I didn't know there were more numbers after 10 or 20, nor that there were numbers lesser than 1. Also I first learned alphabets, starting from A, B, C, D, E up to Z, I didn't first know that I could write them even as a, b, c, e ..... z.

Well as time went on, I got to learn there are quite an uncountable numbers beyond 10 or 20. I learned that 2+2=4, then soon after I learned that even 1+3=4, that 1+1+1+1=4 or 4+0=4. On the alphabet side, I later learned that stringing A, with B, B and A becomes ABBA et cetera.

There's no point going on, me rabbiting on or talking at length, as, you sure, I am certain, have gotten the drift, especially with the already above pasted picture, that shows how though one size, truly is whats provided to fit all, albeit, you still need to flesh out, you need to buff up, you need to exercise the body and flex them muscles so that you fill out to perfectly fit into the Holy Spirit garb.

1/ Maximus\69, are disagreeing with me that everyone receives the same gift/clothing/garb of the Holy Spirit, in the same measure and for the same purpose, hmm?
2/ Are you disagreeing, that it is possible to have the gift/clothing/garb of the Holy Spirit, as in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit yet not be infilled with the Holy Spirit. I mean, not filled with the Holy Spirit, in the sense that because, the Holy Spirit, will only fill into what we surrender to Him or what we yield over to Him to fill into. Sometimes, the Holy Spirit, is like an oversize cover throw, it essentially, can be bigger than our actual size, and so means, we need to buff up, as in, need to become more mature, to become stronger and more muscular, in order for the Holy Spirit to close-fittingly size us

It is exactly, what Paul, with 1 Corinthians 3:1 above is saying, some things he couldn't discuss with the Corinthians because they are/were spiritual immature, spiritually weak and so needed some spiritually growing up to do.

I too, when growing up, without even yet read or hear about a flat earth belief, somehow, just all by myself, assumed that the earth was flat
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 9:19am On Jul 13, 2020
kumulus:

-Lloyd
It is a universal experience that we believe some things that we later find to be wrong. You can of course correct me if my belief that this has happened to you is wrong.

We usually do not make a distinction between beliefs and fact based knowledge and many tend to think their beliefs are true. The phrase "I believe", actually shows doubt which could easily be tested.

Consider the two sentences below and tell me what springs to your mind.

1. I believe there is a billion naira in my account.

2. I believe it is raining.

Would one say either if one actually knew?

If a child says "I believe 2x1=2", most will raise eyebrows and wonder why that child does not know that 2x1=2.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by orunto27: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:
This is a belief, orunto27. It is not based of facts.

I have seen God the way of Moses. I have seen Christ the way of Apostle Paul. These are FACTS.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
orunto27:

I have seen God the way of Moses. I have seen Christ the way of Apostle Paul. These are FACTS.
If Moses or Paul had pointed to what they saw and said "see God, or Jesus", those they said it to would have asked where they got their dope from.

I think what you may have seen is what God might have wanted you to see since God does not exactly appear the same way to everyone.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by orunto27: 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
budaatum:

If Moses or Paul had pointed to what they saw and said "see God, or Jesus", those they said it to would have asked where they got their dope from.

I think what you may have seen is what God might have wanted you to see since God does not exactly appear the same way to everyone.

I agree with your second paragraph.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
budaatum:

What do you mean?.. So what where they writing about..
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

When you learnt that you could die by various means and ways, did you Truthfully restrict it to physical things alone, especially being a kid born in Nigeria?

When the Bible spoke of salvation, it is always from physical danger.. When David wrote those psalms, he was running from Saul, who was hell bent on killing him...

There is no such thing as spiritual danger..
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 12:23am On Jul 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

What do you mean?.. So what where they writing about..
Person I responded to got my meaning.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2020
budaatum:

Person I responded to got my meaning.

I was following the discussion.. So I wanted to be sure..

They where using their imaginations.. Or did I miss it?
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

I was following the discussion.. So I wanted to be sure..

They where using their imaginations.. Or did I miss it?
That's one way to see it. Another might be, they were used by their imagination or by their God.

You'll have to enter their mind to be certain.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sotall(m): 10:44am On Jul 15, 2020
Somehow I am lost in this whole discussion
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 11:22am On Jul 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

So what where they writing about..?
This, is precisely what we should try to figure out when reading.

One day I was having a shower when the showerhead said "buda, you are a perfectionist". I looked at the showerhead and said, "Bullocks! I have never done anything perfectly in my entire life!" Showerhead said, "Exactly". Took me days to realise I had been arguing with a showerhead. It took a few years for me to realise I had been lectured by the showerhead that perfectionists do nothing because they are never perfect enough. And then I started doing.

I visited a library one day, looking for something to read having grown tired of fiction, when I heard a voice on the other side of the shelf by which I stood say, "I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have any other God before me". So I went round the shelf to see who spoke, but no one was there. In fact, no one else was on the floor of the library, it being the boring philosophy, psychology and history section on the third floor and no lift! I blamed it on the fact that I had not eaten all day and hunger was making me hallucinate, after all, I was an atheist at the time, God what? But I really was standing before my God which was books, as in Words, I much later worked out.

We never fully understand our own experiences, is my point, so might struggle some to understand the experiences of others especially if we read literally and are not willing to try to understand what exactly might be meant.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by donjazet(m): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
budaatum:

One day I was having a shower when the showerhead said "buda, you are a perfectionist". I looked at the showerhead and said, "Bullocks! I have never done anything perfectly in my entire life!" Showerhead said, "Exactly". Took me days to realise I had been arguing with a showerhead. It took a few years for me to realise I had been lectured by the showerhead that perfectionists do nothing because they are never perfect enough. And then I started doing.

I visited a library one day, looking for something to read having grown tired of fiction, when I heard a voice on the other side of the shelf by which I stood say, "I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have any other God before me". So I went round the shelf to see who spoke, but no one was there. In fact, no one else was on the floor of the library, it being the boring philosophy, psychology and history section on the third floor and no lift! I blamed it on the fact that I had not eaten all day and hunger was making me hallucinate, after all, I was an atheist at the time, God what? But I really was standing before my God which was books, as in Words, I much later worked out.

We never fully understand our own experiences, is my point, so might struggle some to understand the experiences of others especially if we read literally and are not willing to try to understand what exactly might be meant.

I was very mistaken. We are on different sides of the spectrum.

You are a raving lunatic.
You belong to a psychiatry where others like you hallucinate and hear voices.

Your brain has failed you.
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2020
donjazet:

I was very mistaken. We are on different sides of the spectrum.

You are a raving lunatic.
You belong to a psychiatry where others like you hallucinate and hear voices.

Your brain has failed you.
I bet you can't hear yourself raving like a lunatic, lol.

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by donjazet(m): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2020
budaatum:

I bet you can't hear yourself raving like a lunatic, lol.
Wait oo. How come you are against trump?

A lot of trumptards are normally like you. People who believe rubbish, people who have sold their brain to the white man.
What makes you not support Trump?
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
budaatum:

So we have been on the same side... :I have always maintained the stories are not literal.. But allegory. Meant to teach us certain truths about life...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
budaatum:

That's one way to see it. Another might be, they were used by their imagination or by their God.

You'll have to enter their mind to be certain.

Lol, I don't really care about that.. More concerned with what I am taking from the story..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
sotall:
Somehow I am lost in this whole discussion

We are still looking for what is more valuable.. Knowledge of God or believe in God...
Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by budaatum: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
sonmvayina:

More concerned with what I am taking from the story.
You have very wisely chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you.

1 Like

Re: Believe In God Vs Knowledge Of God by sonmvayina(m): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
donjazet:

Wait oo. How come you are against trump?

A lot of trumptards are normally like you. People who believe rubbish, people who have sold their brain to the white man.
What makes you not support Trump?

Lol.. You come across as what we call "anywhere Belle face"... In Street football those days.. His analysis is not for feeble minds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Power Of Jesus’ Blood - Joseph Prince / When You Cannot Buy Or Sell Without The Mark / Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.