Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... (2071 Views)

Can One Really Outsmart The Tragedies Of Life? / Can One Really Outsmart The Tragedies Of Life? / How A Tiny Body Part Would Send Many Whole Bodies To Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by OtemAtum: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Your addiction to fictions appears deeply rooted.
It's your opinion though cool
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Bro, common sense will tell you that since Africans don’t have comprehensive database, you can’t see the true picture of the pandemic in Africa. This is just common sense and you don’t need any sky lord to reveal this to you.

The church has proven no to solve any problem. They are irrelevant in this dispensation hence the government closed them. Only science can truly save lives.
Common sense would tell you it's senseless to think while one can't see the true picture of cases in Africa, it's possible to cover up the amount of deaths as observed in the most scientific advanced nations. Show me the mass graves being dug for instance in densely populated Lagos as in New York or Madrid to accommodate the "uncountable" dead bodies? Covid-19 has surely exposed the limitations of science that even world renowned scientists and medics as those in the OP have no choice but to humbly admit that fact. But of course, your overblown egos exceed your capacity to do same.

The bitter truth is that science is just a student in God's school and it still has a lot to learn which is what the tiny microbe Covid-19 has clearly proven.
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
LordReed:

Lemme remind you of your self accusatory words

BackllGodNaija: So either directly or indirectly, it was God!

Bwahahahahaha!
Yeah... I "accused" my God of helping them either directly or indirectly...and I am proud of that.

LordReed:

But eventual science helped them contain it or was it your god? Can you be clear on that?
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by LordReed(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Yeah... I "accused" my God of helping them either directly or indirectly...and I am proud of that.

Then why are you surprised? Everything is your god directly or indirectly. LMFAO!
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
LordReed:

Then why are you surprised? Everything is your god directly or indirectly. LMFAO!
Are you sure that "surprised" question was actually meant for me? Ok. It seems you were talking to yourself because I have a clue of what you're talking about. Meanwhile keep adding your "everything" to what I said if that makes you feel ire.
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by Heathen777(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Common sense would tell you it's senseless to think while one can't see the true picture of cases in Africa, it's possible to cover up the amount of deaths as observed in the most scientific advanced nations. Show me the mass graves being dug for instance in densely populated Lagos as in New York or Madrid to accommodate the "uncountable" dead bodies? Covid-19 has surely exposed the limitations of science that even world renowned scientists and medics as those in the OP have no choice but to humbly admit that fact. But of course, your overblown egos exceed your capacity to do same.

The bitter truth is that science is just a student in God's school and it still has a lot to learn which is what the tiny microbe Covid-19 has clearly proven.

Your narrow-minded way of thinking is what has failed here.

Firstly there are many factors that are involved in the lower rates of COVID-19 we see here in Africa compared abroad. Warmer climate, younger age demographics, and less urban densities are one of them. Also, we were a bit more proactive in our lockdown (learning from the initial mistake of most oversea nations), which helped slow initial cases down a bit. With a currently more lax lockdown and little to no testing, cases are now rising much faster, so we are not out of the woods yet.

Secondly, the reason why many overseas countries were hit harder was not that science "failed" them, but rather because they failed to follow science. They failed to follow science by failing to carry out proper scientific research, tests, and guidelines. Starting with the WHO who failed to carry out proper scientific research into the first epicenter, and later by nations who didn't effectively follow guidelines and the medical experts on how to handle the pandemic (e.g the USA).

Nations that did effectively follow scientific guidance and the medical experts fared far better (e.g Taiwan, New Zealand), with fewer casualties rates than even Africa with all its advantages.

Science and technological advancement is the reason why the mortality rate is so low, it's the reason why we even know what a virus is, and it's the reason why we would be able to make a vaccine in about a year, which has never been done before as they take many years and even decades to make. Religion, its leaders, (and their fictitious deities) on the other hand, were utterly useless and irrelevant in the fight against Covid-19, and they even made matters worse on many occasions.

2 Likes

Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by LordReed(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Are you sure that "surprised" question was actually meant for me? Ok. It seems you were talking to yourself because I have a clue of what you're talking about. Meanwhile keep adding your "everything" to what I said if that makes you feel ire.

Ya man!

[img]https://media1./images/81e0923c0210dcc15480398fcc23f94d/tenor.gif?itemid=5625413[/img]
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by ThinkFreely: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

Kai, who do this thing to brain of religious people? grin
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
This is the dumbest thread I've come across since this year. How can I unread this?

This op is not only dumb, but irritating and annoying. The kind of person I'll be tempted to punch in the face.

Like WTF! I give up mehn.. I wish we'll learn to ignore threads like this that kills brain cells.

By so doing, we discourage these dumbasses from pushing their repulsive ignorance on us.

I wish!

1 Like

Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Kai, who do this thing to brain of religious people? grin
Not surprised at all...never expected the foolish to be able to comprehend those words of wisdom
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by ThinkFreely: 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Not surprised at all...never expected the foolish to be able to comprehend those words of wisdom
grin laugh no go kill me for here
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2020
Heathen777:

Your narrow-minded way of thinking is what has failed here.

Firstly there are many factors that are involved in the lower rates of COVID-19 we see here in Africa compared abroad. Warmer climate, younger age demographics, and less urban densities are one of them. Also, we were a bit more proactive in our lockdown (learning from the initial mistake of most oversea nations), which helped slow initial cases down a bit. With a currently more lax lockdown and little to no testing, cases are now rising much faster, so we are not out of the woods yet.

Secondly, the reason why many overseas countries were hit harder was not that science "failed" them, but rather because they failed to follow science. They failed to follow science by failing to carry out proper scientific research, tests, and guidelines. Starting with the WHO who failed to carry out proper scientific research into the first epicenter, and later by nations who didn't effectively follow guidelines and the medical experts on how to handle the pandemic (e.g the USA).

Nations that did effectively follow scientific guidance and the medical experts fared far better (e.g Taiwan, New Zealand), with fewer casualties rates than even Africa with all its advantages.

Science and technological advancement is the reason why the mortality rate is so low, it's the reason why we even know what a virus is, and it's the reason why we would be able to make a vaccine in about a year, which has never been done before as they take many years and even decades to make. Religion, its leaders, (and their fictitious deities) on the other hand, were utterly useless and irrelevant in the fight against Covid-19, and they even made matters worse on many occasions.

You accuse someone of being narrow-minded, yet you resurrect the same dead points that has been already made here in futility before you. If you want to know my response to your dead points, look up my comments because I can't keep repeating myself for nothing. You could as well draw a few lessons from the personalities at the OP who know much better than you.
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by DrLiveLogic(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
You accuse someone of being narrow-minded, yet you resurrect the same dead points that has been already made here in futility before you. If you want to know my response to your dead points, look up my comments because I can't keep repeating myself for nothing. You could as well draw a few lessons from the personalities at the OP who know much better than you.
This is a bad time to be gloating over science. Christians should be humbly asking God where we have failed Him that Covid19 shows up in our midst and with all our doctrines and professed faith in God, we can heal none of it. undecided
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
DrLiveLogic:

This is a bad time to be gloating over science. Christians should be humbly asking God where we have failed Him that Covid19 shows up in our midst and with all our doctrines and professed faith in God, we can heal none of it. undecided

I agree with you concerning the fact we have to ask ourselves questions why we are not able to heal as Jesus and His apostles would if they were here, even though there have been a few instances of healings here and there. However this occasion also provides a very good opportunity to speak the truth about science. And this is one of the threads I have made for this purpose and just one part of the crucial message. It's so essential for people to know that science can fail them but not God.
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2020
Hmmm.
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by BackllGodNaija: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
Something much greater
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by jesusjnreloaded(m): 9:57am On Aug 10, 2020
Imagine, tiny covid-19
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hmm..
Re: If Tiny Covid-19 Virus Could Outsmart The Best Of Science, How Much More... by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Covid-19 still pummeling science the god of atheists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? / Is It Biblical To Hate Muslims Especially Terrorists? / Why Is The Virgin Birth Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.