Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Gear Oil Leakage In Lexus RX 330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Oil Leakage In Lexus RX 330 (668 Views)

Most Common Reasons For Engine Oil Leakage In Cars / How Often Does One Need To Change Gear Oil / Oil Leakage In Cars? These Are The Causes - Autoreportng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gear Oil Leakage In Lexus RX 330 by ifesky09(m): 2:20am On Jul 02, 2020
I just discovered that my gear oil is leaking off from the under after firing it somuch trying to get out of a bad spot where the car (Lexus 330) sunk.
I checked to find out the oil has finished n the car couldn't move. Leaking out from a well designed round hole near the gear box that looks like a vent
My mechanic said it a breakage from within n I'm scare n think it could be a seal that went off from that hole.
Please who has a knowledge of this?
Re: Gear Oil Leakage In Lexus RX 330 by timifakay(m): 4:47am On Jul 02, 2020
ifesky09:
I just discovered that my gear oil is leaking off from the under after firing it somuch trying to get out of a bad spot where the car (Lexus 330) sunk.
I checked to find out the oil has finished n the car couldn't move. Leaking out from a well designed round hole near the gear box that looks like a vent
My mechanic said it a breakage from within n I'm scare n think it could be a seal that went off from that hole.

Take pictures and run an image google search to compare what your gearbox looks like to what it should look like so as to be sure of how the hole looks when there's no breakage.
Re: Gear Oil Leakage In Lexus RX 330 by homeboy205: 9:43am On Jul 02, 2020
ifesky09:

Wow that’s scary.

I am shivering for you

Maybe have the mechanic dropped the gear and see what’s going on.

Hope you sort it out soon.

(1) (Reply)

Five Of The Most Reliable Toyota’s Money Can Buy / 6 Steps On How To Post A Listing For Online Car Sales / 2020 Lexus GS 350 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.