Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Most Expensive Washing Machine Repairs? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Most Expensive Washing Machine Repairs? (354 Views)

Where Some Lagosians Hang Their Clothes To Dry After Washing (PHOTOS) / Wheelbarrow Pusher Washing His Clothes In A Gutter In Ketu, Lagos / The World's Most Expensive Marijuana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Expensive Washing Machine Repairs? by Albert65565: 9:48am On Jul 02, 2020
Looks like my trusty Kenmore FL of 9 yrs. is going to fail on me. Sounds like a bearing problem, I hear a loud noise during the final spin cycle.

From the posts I've read the repair is not worth doing because it close to replacement cost.

I've been shopping and it's amazing to see the variety of products out there in FL. In 2000 the choices where pretty limited. Now there's quite a bit of options as well as some astronomical prices.

I'm interested in Steam washing as well as some of the more advanced vibration reducing technologies. They happen to come with a premium cost 2x what a regular washer would cost. That coupled with the 11 year expected lifetime for a FL, I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $$$ for the additional gizmos.

Given my experience, I'm trying to determine what things I should look for in a washer, and what I could expect for the regular washer warranty to cover in the case of a failure. I now know about the bearing issue, but are there any other major repair gotchas I need to be thinking about?

Right now I'm thinking the 10 year DD motor warranty on LG would save me from the bearing issue. Are there other big repairs that would make that coverage moot because they could occur after a year of ownership, before 10 years, and not be covered by the motor warranty?

Mike
Re: Most Expensive Washing Machine Repairs? by star255: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2020
Guess the 10 years warranty covers just the motors, not bearings.
I'm rather skeptic about steam : not a case commercial washers don't use it, unless they are *steam heated*
Re: Most Expensive Washing Machine Repairs? by morningstar122: 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
steam heated
Re: Most Expensive Washing Machine Repairs? by morningstar122: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
Right now I'm thinking the 10 year DD motor warranty on LG would save me from the bearing issue. Are there other big repairs that would make that coverage moot because they could occur after a year of ownership, before 10 years, and not be covered by the motor warranty?
Re: Most Expensive Washing Machine Repairs? by Xianders: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2020
Bearings and spider are the weak points of these models

(1) (Reply)

.. / Delta State Polytechnic Ogwuashi-uku Is Finally Resuming On The 2nd Of October / Trump Moved From White House To Military Hospital After COVID-19 Diagnosis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.