Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? (32283 Views)

What Advice Do You Have For A 35 Year Old With No Job, No Skill, No Wife . / Can A Lady Marry A Man She Doesn't Like? / I Have No Job Or Talent But I Give Very Good Blowjobs - Female UNILAG Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Vulcan24(m): 4:38am On Jul 03, 2020
he is worse than an infidel a man who cannot provide for his home

Bible

Job isnt provision or d only means of providing for one's home.

the idea is to have a means of sustaining your home cos most that comes to mind here is paid employment

and am surprised at d way women on this platform rush to quickly condemn a jobless man

ladies should and can provide, the dependent mentality here is absurd

most Nigerians don't av a paid job but a means of livelihood. there's a difference

there's a lot of things a man can do in marriage that can make him successful or the marriage successful not just him rushing off to work and all stressed up and that is when u say he has a job

Building a home can be a supportive thing both H&W can go into biz, they can approach areas of interest get help and start something that will sustain them both. some even got assisted immidiately they indicate interest in marriage.

the seemngly jobless man can support d wife work or biz and with time they grow it or d hubby usually get a upper hand at mgt and strategic thinking than d owner wife.

This country has raised a lazy set of women and men that everything must be ready made and good to the eyes before they are taken.

thesame reason why crime soars and at the slightest hitch homes crash, our values and norms are not comparable to any known standards in the world. we are just greedy, lazy and self serving people

see d likes of HP in Dubai ..... lots of women could av considered him a successful man while seeing a guy selling chips and sausage at d bustop as a miscreants and not fit to their suitor

we need to change orientation of what success, marriage and work/job is to have a better society here.

it's a pity how we ruin our own country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 03, 2020
Biglittlelois:
You like to dish out unnecessary banters waiting for war of words from both genders, then sit on the fence, watching and smiling as it happens, without choosing a side or a clear cut message.

Are you trying to say that it is better for a lady to marry a jobless man because he can get a job later, than marrying a man with a job who can also become jobless later?

Are you also trying to insinuate that marrying a jobless man who can also have a job later, can't also loose the same job
you don't even need to stress yourself,just know how to identify leeches disguised as men, we have them in abundance these days,they will come in the form of what are you bringing to the table and so many other forms,just take to your heels as soon as you identify them.We have mimimile93 as one of them here on Nairaland and some others
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:21am On Jul 03, 2020
I wont even think of marrying a jobless woman to begin with. In our society, jobless women always have this entitled mentality..

If you are jobless or no real source of income as a woman, you shouldn't be thinking about getting married. No man wants a total liability for a wife in today's time

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Benwallt(m): 5:22am On Jul 03, 2020
Should a man marry a lady with no job?
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by SyberKate(f): 5:26am On Jul 03, 2020
But men have been marrying women without jobs since time immemorial

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by thunderandfire47(m): 5:31am On Jul 03, 2020
Op,

Men are not ready to marry. The reasons are very simple:

No jobs

No empowerment

Baby mama sure pass.

But am married and I have a job.

11 years Last December..To God be all Glory
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by phemmyfour: 5:45am On Jul 03, 2020
OP didn't know the difference between "no job" and "low income earner". I stopped reading at " low key wedding". A man without a job cannot even afford a "low key wedding"
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by humilitypays(m): 5:55am On Jul 03, 2020
Nwabundo38:

What about young girls that marry while in higher institution
Na mostly foolish boys de marry them!!

Based on what is obtainable today, a guy should not marry a jobless lady who have no job, no business doing, no handwork or means of income, it is a very bad decision to marry such a jobless lady today!!

It is even worst for a jobless man who has no job, no personal business, no handwork or means of income to even think of getting married, it is absolutely bad for the man to think of!!

Before you start to think of getting married as a man, you need to have a job. If you lose your job then create a job for yourself through starting a business or something.

Stop crying no job, there are plenty jobs. Anywhere human beings are living have a job, don't look for honorable, white collar job, fold your trouser, fold the sleeve of your shirt and get to work with your hands.

Start food selling business, all human being want to eat. Start small chops, floor baking food selling, you must sell unless you are cooking poison and tasteless foods then people will run!

Be neat, cook good stuffs and people will come and you will grow from there.

You can sell food stuff items too.

There are jobs everywhere but our ladies and guys are forming big boys and girls, they are forming graduates with 2/1 looking for shell and chevron jobs so that they can start opressing their mates and friends the next month after they get a job...they want a big paying white collar job so that they will start earning fat salary and start driving Camry next 4 months and start carrying girls up and down, they are forming hot chicks and looking at people, hunger go finish all of una!!

Guys don't you ever marry a jobless lady today, it is risky and a wrong decision! Marry an industrious woman, even the Bible encouraged that. Go and read the book of Esther.

Marrying an idle lazy woman all because she has round big buttocks and standing breast is a mistake, you will get tired of the round buttocks and breast in highest 5 years of marriage. You will see the round buttocks naked and your dick won't rise!!

Marry with wisdom and God's guide and you will grow but marry with your dick and yeye eyes and you will suffer it later!!

Ladies don't even date a lazy, idle guy talk more of marriage don't try it! No industrious man stays jobless! If you lose your job, create a job for yourself, its simple! Unless there are no human being where you live then you are exempted, but wherever human beings are there is formal and informal job there, create one and work!

With the gift of internet technology, only lazy
people stay jobless and idle without income today!! You can create a job for yourself through the internet, not yahoo yahoo or scam, I mean sustainable business online. Guys and ladies engage your minds.

Its unfortunate if one decides to run a training to prepare the youths and show them how to create jobs, they won't attend, they will prefer to attend night of million laughs comedy show....they will prefer to attend gulder mega music festival to go and party and merry!

They will prefer to go 7 days night vigil but refuse to work with their hands.

God cannot bless you if you are not engaged in something. God will bless the works of your hands. You need to have something God will multiply for you to be blessed.

When Jesus Christ turned water to wine in Nineveh, He asked them to fill empty gallons with water and he turned the water to wine, that's how God works. He need you to be doing something so He can bless you from there no matter how small or how dishonorable the business is.

When God created man, He used sand to mould it first and then breathed into what He molded to start living. So He needed sand to create man.

When God created Eve, He removed Adam's rib to form woman, so He also used something.

When God empowered Moses to go and meet Pharaoh, He gave him a walking stick that Moses can turn to snake or anything, He didn't tell Moses to go empty handed.

When Jesus Christ wanted to pay tax, He didn't do magic so money will appear from heaven and land in His palms, He instructed his disciple Peter to go fishing. They caught a fish and opened the belly and saw some coins and He used it to pay tax. What Jesus was teaching us is that we need to work to be blessed. We need to also pay our tax to government.

So you need to be engaged in a legal business or handwork and then ask God to bless it for you and He will!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by spiceadole: 6:15am On Jul 03, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
I wont even think of marrying a jobless woman to begin with. In our society, jobless women always have this entitled mentality..

If you are jobless or no real source of income as a woman, you shouldn't be thinking about getting married. No man wants a total liability for a wife in today's time

The so-called jobless women are getting married everyday..
Even before their working class counterparts.

Many men even prefer to marry women who have no source of income..Some stop their working class wives from working and convert them to complete housewives.

When a woman has a job,business or a source of income,men feel insecure around her.
Some will boast that their wives must not have more money than them.
Some will say the woman is making it through sleeping around.

Society doesn't frown at a jobless woman.
Women are not providers by default.
Society frowns at unmarried women...and jobless men.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by omoadeleye(m): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2020
Husband just scarce everywhere, make God help us. What choice do ladies have? They too should go and hustle their a$$ out, the economy is harsh .
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Ovoko30: 6:23am On Jul 03, 2020
Say u nor get job today nor mean say u nor go get tomorrow. He who finds a wife ,finds a good thing and obtain favourfrom the Lord. I married jobless, i mean real jobless but 2 weeks after my marriage ,i got a good job. Ladies should marry potentials and guys should stop marrying to show off. Do a very simple marriage , all the time, u just have to apply faith. I just believe God has the final say. You can have a job and get married and lose the job the next day. Job should not be a criteria for marriage , just have a functional brain and dont mess with opportunities .that'sall i gat to say

Toks2008:
Well, the simple answer anybody will give is a resounding NO....but should a man marry a lady who has no job?... I guess that is a norm but wait for this...what if a lady marries a man with a job and then the man losses the job afterward?...will she leave him?.... Now you thinking...

Don't get it twisted...it makes no sense for any man to go into marriage without a job or a means of livelihood especially when a man’s potential is harder to see than the number of commas on his bank statement forgetting the fact that wealth acquisition is progressive, a continuum aided by hard work and determination...

I strongly believe that the reason why there is so much emphasis on a man's financial status as a criterion for marital suitability is because of the financial dependence mindset of many ladies on their men. In my opinion, when it comes to making money, there is no weaker sex hence I see nothing wrong with a lady who has a job or means of livelihood getting married to her man even if he has no job at that point in time...Job will always come and there is no guaranty that the one who has a job won't lose it.

A lady who finds it cool dating a man that has no job and happily performs wifely duties for him should not have issues with marrying the same man? Simply have a low key wedding and work hard together with him to build finances before making babies rather than allow yourself to be used as an intimacy gadget by the ''jobless guy''.

Ladies have equal opportunity to be financially independent just as the men and every lady must strive to be financially independent so that she can be with any man of her choice rather than marry a man simply because he is financially capable and also avoid using a job which can be there today and be gone tomorrow or financial status which is subject to change as a yardstick to being with any man.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by AdaNonye: 6:25am On Jul 03, 2020
Stop hiding behind the excuses in this write up, the major question should be will a man feel secure enough to marry a woman when he doesn't have a job. Will he be able to handle his fears of his wife doing better financially ?
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by dazzlingd(m): 6:25am On Jul 03, 2020
Nooo!
A man that has no job has no business having a gf not to talk of marriage
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by coldFLARES1(m): 6:30am On Jul 03, 2020
AfroKnight:
Men, I hope you can see that the love which drives you to consider marriage is never enough. If you must marry, then marry with your eyes open. Never be caught in a situation where you would be unable to provide for your home or would depend on your wife financially. Never let it happen.

You are a man. If you must be vulnerable financially, be vulnerable to your male friends and family members only. E get why.
As a man with valuable experience, you've got a 'thumbs up' for this your input.

A lady could be in a relationship with a jobless man because she has her own support structure- maybe still living with parents, getting stipends from relations while studying or earning, in a paid employment or business, while still believing or hopeful or the guy's potentials. But simple cohabitation for an extended period would expose how deadly it is to be jobless and starting/or being in a marital union.

Someone already posited that women are not exactly wired to be breadwinners, as such not a lot of them would show understanding or provide support if the cycle of joblessness continues (with a dim prospect for employment for the man, due to age and general frustration) or the pangs of poverty begin to aggravate when they're ill-adviced to start a family in such unfortunate situation.

Mehn, it would make better sense to not think of marriage at all until a means of sustaining such union, in the form of finances from the man's end is concretized. Failure to consider this is to have willingly signed up to one of "a thousand ways to die!"

That year, still had some change but had resigned a paid employment and was considering a next move when I moved in with a "sweetheart" after leaving company accommodation.

Three days later, I was thrown out! grin
Sister couldn't simply deal with having a boyfriend that would not turn up as he used to.

So why should a sensible man risk on such a situation. It can only end in tears!

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by gulfer: 6:30am On Jul 03, 2020
Airforce1:
This thread isn't for me
Who said you're the jobless man
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:34am On Jul 03, 2020
Maobichek:
. Why would you say a jobless woman cos our society don't frown at such; the society we found ourselves is ok with jobless women when it comes to marriage but no, no, no to a jobless man and ones you marry a woman, she becomes your responsibility, thank you.

my opinion is that a jobless woman is just as useless as a jobless man... any person who thinks that its ok for wifey to stay home and do nothing but watch telemundo all day long, while hubby slaves away at work, must have their brain checked for madness.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2020
Whatever floats her boat.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 03, 2020
When a man have a sources of multi wealth income it is easy to marry, we are definitely part girls marriage destiny without the man begin rich and prosperous no woman will marry, and they forget that the man can life his job later due to change of circumstances, some woman want to do something about their financial status but others depends solely on their man's money and wealth....
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by MrBONE2(m): 6:53am On Jul 03, 2020
Ahmed0336:
Odikwa very riskyyyyyy.

I doubt any reasonable jobless guy will want to get himself into such mess!!! My question be say how dia pen*s dey take erect knowing fully well knowing that they are jobless?
grin

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Teejay13(m): 6:56am On Jul 03, 2020
For me not advisable

Get a something doing before thinking of going into marriage so you can foot your bills as the man of the house.

If not your respect as the man of the man of the house will be cut short.

Also for affordable laptops, contact me today via;
https:///2347052481183

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by MrBONE2(m): 7:00am On Jul 03, 2020
Toks2008:
Lalasticlala what is your take?

La-la can never give his daughter out to Male-Being who is jobless grin

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by MrBONE2(m): 7:02am On Jul 03, 2020
nickvanilla:
So much sense in this post

But it's also good to know that a man can lose his job anytime. So marrying a man because he has or doesn't have a job shouldn't be the main criteria.
grin

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Princedapace(m): 7:10am On Jul 03, 2020
If men can marry jobless ladies and even help them establish business, a working woman should also be able to marry a jobless man and even help him establish.

This right here will be the beginning of equality. But if this can't be sorted out, make una forget equality.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by chatinent: 7:15am On Jul 03, 2020
In fact, one of the very first things I check in a woman is whether or not she's employed. I cannot marry sb who's not working. Two, she must have paper qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Maobichek: 7:23am On Jul 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

my opinion is that a jobless woman is just as useless as a jobless man... any person who thinks that its ok for wifey to stay home and do nothing but watch telemundo all day long, while hubby slaves away at work, must have their brain checked for madness.
. I got it clearly but ours is something else because majority of our women have entitlement mentality and there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Toks2008(m): 7:25am On Jul 03, 2020
louiziana:
Well, I won't call anybody myopic here and I don't encourage laziness but we should be more flexible while thinking. I personally know someone who learned trade in Onitsha and moved to Lagos when he was around 21, his highest qualification was SSCE. Business was not going well as expected so this same guy gambles playing whot and bet9ja, even asking me for a small loan to stake sometimes. One evening while drinking beer at a bar after bet9ja winning, he met a chubby lady at their shawarma spot and offered to pay for hers. She just smiled and said okay, my guy asked for her number and she did not give it to him but asked for his number instead, he thought he had lost as usual.
His phone rang after midnight but to cut the story short, the lady just visited from America and she is a citizen, teaches primary school children in the U.S and holds a masters degree. She knows the financial capacity of my friend but decided to help him. She sent him a car within 6 months worth 2.5m after leaving for the U.S, came back to Nigeria some months later and sponsored their traditional wedding, bought him gold, nice clothes and stuffs.
Today my guy is in Philadelphia working with the help of this same woman, they now have a son, my guy is talking about millions of naira now and still an SSCE holder. This woman spent her first 16 years in Nigeria before moving to yankee. Now imagine if she had the same mentality as a typical naija woman...Male or female, anyone can help or support each other, stop being selfish if you have the power and means to help someone. How many naija women with MSc fit marry SSCE holder for here? Most would say he is not in their social class.

Wow!
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Toks2008(m): 7:27am On Jul 03, 2020
nickvanilla:

But it's also good to know that a man can lose his job anytime. So marrying a man because he has or doesn't have a job shouldn't be the main criteria.

Now this is someone who did not just read the post but also comprehended it.

Many comments here show that people don't read contents but they only respond to titles or topic.
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by afecgivers: 7:30am On Jul 03, 2020
Because labour its not accorded the rightful position in Nigeria that is why most people called mechanic jobless, painter jobless, electrician jobless, driver jobless or shoe shiner jobless. Why? See the real workers in Nigeria, Oil and gas staff, federal government staff, bankers, ingo (WHO, UNICEF, & others). Ladies now sees Agbero job as more profitable than teaching jobs..if I'm lying ask the ladies on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by ChiefOlabowla(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2020
NO!
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by ucheoluwa(m): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2020
Marriage should not be in the dictionary of a jobless lady ...talkless of relationship. She must find something doing and get busy. Must she be rely on a man? In this 21st century na 50-50 o
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by donmik: 7:39am On Jul 03, 2020
Biglittlelois:
You like to dish out unnecessary banters waiting for war of words from both genders, then sit on the fence, watching and smiling as it happens, without choosing a side or a clear cut message.

Are you trying to say that it is better for a lady to marry a jobless man because he can get a job later, than marrying a man with a job who can also become jobless later?

Are you also trying to insinuate that marrying a jobless man who can also have a job later, can't also loose the same job

If u understand him well, then he is saying that true love and understanding is the decider to marriage. If u the lady has job and the man is jobless for now, does that stop your marriage? Do u think it's only the man than can always have money all the time? But if none of u has job at that moment, then u don't go wedding yet but wait and strive. I quite understand him that TRUE LOVE does not discriminate or define who has or not. We should know that any eventuality can come up but what should not fail us is love. Love covers multitude of sins. That's what Christianity teaches in Proverb 5 vs 19, proverb 10 vs 12.
I never advise partners falling in love cos there is money nd job! That's no love
Re: Should A Lady Marry A Man With No Job? by Willie2015: 7:46am On Jul 03, 2020
nickvanilla:

Tks for Dis...

Job is a relative term...

I have a friend that dont have a job....

Trade Forex, Stocks and invest in Real Estates...

Combined in with part time rice farming....

He is doing well than most folks that are working from 6 days in a week...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Picture Of A Nairalander, Join Him In The Celebration. / My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments / Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.