Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case (24453 Views)

Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis / "Aero Contractors Dropped Passengers At Benin Airport, Put Them In Car To Warri" / Aero Contractors Passengers Taking Refuge Under The Aircraft In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by ijustdey: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2020
Any passenger who sneezes onboard will be treated as COVID-19 case, says Aero contractor boss

Ado Sanusi, the chief executive officer of Aero Contractors, has advised intending passengers who have a cold or malaria not to come to the airport.

Speaking on Sunrise Daily, a programme on Channels TV on Thursday, Sanusi said passengers who are seen sneezing on the aeroplane will be isolated and treated as potential COVID-19 patients.

“I will like to point out that if you have malaria or a common cold, do not come to the airport because there is a high possibility that you are going to be denied boarding,” he said.

“This is the new normal that we are going to see.

“The main thing for the airlines is to make sure that the aeroplanes are safe and that is what we’re doing and that’s why we still believe that air transportation is the safest way to travel.

“So if we see anybody sneezing, we will take him as an index passenger, we are not going to he/she has allergies. We are going to take the person as index passenger till we have handed them over to port health officials. They will be the ones to determine if he is allergic or has COVID-19.”

Sanusi said the airline has made arrangements to isolate suspected cases to ensure the safety of all passengers.

Speaking further, he said passengers who present a doctor’s report stating that they have malaria will not be allowed to board the aeroplane.

“My airline will not allow a passenger that comes with a doctor’s report saying he has malaria I would rather that he comes with a COVID-19 test result that he is free which is only valid for four days,” he said.

“If you have malaria, please sit at home and when you get better, you can travel.”

Addressing speculations that middle seats would be left empty, Sanusi said the airline would only take a decision based on data-driven and backed by science.

“If we have data that shows that if we block the centre seats, it will reduce the rate of transmission then we will do that and increase the flight costs because somebody must pay for the centre seats.,” he explained.

The airline boss also said the airline would no longer serve in-flight meals as passengers would have to remove their face masks to eat such.

“There won’t be serving of food because that will increase the number of times you will be contacting passengers and then the passengers would be removing their face masks to eat the food so I think it is not the best,” he explained.

“It is a one hour flight. It is only in Nigeria that we serve food for a one-hour flight. Go anywhere in the world and you will see that hot meals are not served on one-hour flights.”

Hadi Sirika, the minister for aviation, announced on Wednesday that domestic flight operations will resume at the Lagos and Abuja airports on July 8.

https://www.thecable.ng/aero-contractors-passengers-with-malaria-common-cold-may-not-be-allowed-onboard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Built2last: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
lol

An aeroplane is like a casket. there is no natural oxygen, the one you breathe is the one supplied by the plane.

any covid patient that sneezes will be a general distributor

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Aliencraft(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
Na to hold your sneeze sure pass grin

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by SamJed(m): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
So someone cannot come and go and sneeze in peace again undecided

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Oddslordreal: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
tongue grin angryyfgo
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by collins1895: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
If some1 wud caught or sneeze in the middle of the flight, wud dey turn back or isolate the person on board, really funny.... Naija

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Kriss216: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Someone can not sneeze on air again undecided

That's why I like my God is Good Motors. Always friendly, they don't give me this wahala.

Like for God is Good Motors, Share for Aero Contractor

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by realstars: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Another Way To Denny People Their Right To Travel.
If So Anything Fragnant, Like Perfumes Should Be Bann Too, Because Some People Have ' Sent' Phobia,

10 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Righteousness89(m): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
Covid-19 has Changed the World!

No one really knows what next is coming in terms of movement , travels and all that..

But I wish to introduce you to one who Never changes, irrespective of the changes on Earth.

I call Him the Unchangeable changer
The undisputable Champion of the Heaven and Earth
The Only Good God
The most Reliable
The Calmer of the storms of Life
The Holy one of Isreal
O je Na mou
The soon Coming King

His is JESUS CHRIST...

With Him, you assured Comprehensive Safety here on Earth and in Eternity.
Hop in , you Guarantee to smile..

Kindly see our Signature

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by EzzyCarter: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kriss216:
Someone can not sneeze on air again undecided

That's why I like my God is Good Motors. Always friendly, they don't give me this wahala.

Like for God is Good Motors, Share for Aero Contractor

Unfortunately, GIG motors can't take you to the US grin

37 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by EzzyCarter: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Covid-19 has Changed the World!

No one really knows what next is coming in terms of movement , travels and all that..

Preach, preacher! cheesy

*Sips Henny*

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Lyydia(f): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Mehn...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by nairaman66(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
What a shame! What about people who are prone to dust and it’s likes?

Sometimes, these people think like goats!

13 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by ForeThinker: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Discrimination

Scan before admitting them naa

3 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by PotatoSalad(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lmao. What is this? grin
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by SultanOfPuna: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
What If The Pilot Sneeze on Air??

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by tillaman(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
grin
Some kind sneeze dey wen e hold you ehn you can’t just help it
If una no fit give them food onboard, some of us no mind take away na abi if we don reach our destination we go dey chop am there!
Very anyhow reason from Aero contractors

5 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Simeony007(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Y
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by WoundedLamb: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
grin grin grin

I can imagine someone trying to hold back the thing and then eventually exploding with a thunderous one just before the plane lands. Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by fredoooooo: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Tori kini .. Ama se nkan o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hope you'll refund their ticket money too?

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by AltCtrlDel: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Where is the Mod that banned me?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by tutudesz: 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Transport companies should follow the same rules too.
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Chirowman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nawa oo Wahala dey ooo time for 1 day journey to enter 14 days quarantine no be me and you.
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by chrisxxx(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
WHO just release a statement saying asymptomatic people do not transmit the disease.
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by dcraeman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Na wa ooo

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by ilovetech: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
okay. Click my signature below to see how to truly earn cool income with your smartphone online. Stop wasting your data. You can start today. Cheers !!!
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Chuukwudi(m): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lol �. Dem dey mad.
Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by Rich4god(m): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lol... Operation hold your sneeze...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors: Passenger Who Sneezes Onboard Will Be Treated As COVID-19 Case by wunmi590(m): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
undecided

Honestly, some Nigerian mentality about the COVID-19 of a thing is very shallow, so sneezing now means you have COVID-19?

What of if at the end of the day, you carried out a test and the suupose person and it comes out negative you will still isolate the person?

No wonder we hear of 790 COVID-19 patients in a day not knowing the you only add people who exhibit only malaria and headaches as COVID-19 patient just to request for fund and loot them.

God help us in this country

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Things To Know About The Admiralty Toll Gate, Lekki / New MMIA International Terminal To Be Commissioned Tomorrow / Lokoja-Abuja Expressway Flood: Advice For Motorists By FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.