Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball (34200 Views)

NEPA Interrupt Power During Ghana Players Training Session Inside Abuja Stadium / Perumal: How I Fixed Nigeria’s 2010 World Cup Qualification (Pic) / Luis Suarez Gets New Tattoo Of Goal Celebration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Angelfrost(m): 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Say something else bro, as if salah was about to score an empty net before ramos injured him, You liverpool fans are just so sure he will score in that game as per say na messi abi cr7?

Oga ramos if ramos injure salah or not madrid will never loose that final

Mr. Andrew, even you suppose know say I know be Liverpool fan na... Have you not been seeing my comments on football threads??!

I merely put up what was a well known sentiment among their fans that year. Have you forgotten??!
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Chestbeaters: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ndukkka24:
They should keep Hating while Suarez's Career is bigger than Ghana as a country.
U are a fool for typing this rubbish
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
post=91310623:
FORGIVE AND FORGET make the world worth living.

At , NO time to hate.
Focus that hatred into something useful for your life.

We are talking about 10 years ago on!
Haha now.

Thank God say man no be God oooo wink

Hmm

Its not your fault man

It'd because you're not a footballer

You have no idea what it's like to work all that time and be cheated by someone cry
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by andrewtosin(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
Me too
Beccause Nigeria was out already and I didn't want them to break the semi final jinx... cheesy
Jarus:
Make I no lie, I no support Ghana that day
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by jasent(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
logon599:
The only game in my life where I ever supported Ghana as they were Africa's only hope. Gyan had just one job, score and take Africa to a world cup semi, and they flopped.

Meanwhile who else is enjoying these 2010 world cup games being replayed on SS9? Fantastic tournament it was.
I cried my eyes out that day,funny enough I just came back to Nigeria from Ghana that very day..But sincerely haven knw how Ghanians are I can say I am happy Ghana didn't go through..Under 20 they won self till now they still Bragg about it as the only African nation to have won it..
directonpc:
Thank you Suarez, Ghana must not be the first African nation to make it past that stage of the world cup.

them no born them well.
directonpc:
Thank you Suarez, Ghana must not be the first African nation to make it past that stage of the world cup.

them no born them well.
I concur.
DexterousOne:

This is not a good spirit to have
If you even live in Ghana you will understand why he made that statement..

1 Like

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by andrewbaba44: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Mr. Andrew, even you suppose know say I know be Liverpool fan na... Have you not been seeing my comments on football threads??!

I merely put up what was a well known sentiment among their fans that year. Have you forgotten??!

Lol no vex baba

But how are you sure that with salah liverpool will win that game ?

You are a barca or chelsea fan ?
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by BrutusOj(m): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
Heheheh..It means Yakubu Ayegbeni would have been dead by now if he were to be their player.
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by chukwuibuipob: 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
sad El Rabbit ,Hell boy that's Suarez.I rememba some of us insulted/don't want Ghana to waka enter semi.All nah history now
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by SmartyPants(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kriss216:
A red was given and a penalty was awarded and you are still blaming Suarez? Suarez is not even seeking for your forgiveness!
Suarez did what a good patriot would have done.

It is what it is... It's called football for a reason.

What reason?
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by lenghtinny(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
Did Suarez ever seek for their forgiveness
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Patrioticman007(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
chiemmanuel:
Suarez is a patriot and should be made a saint in Uruguay for that action.....he should be named Saint dentition...
In some instances, it's better to go one man down than to concede a goal.valverde of Madrid took almost the same decision against atletico Madrid and it paid off

If we can have politicians in Nigeria like Suarez,our country would be paradise

Men will be Men come rain come shine !!!!
Not the cry cry ladies we have today, I will always respect Suarez & Valverde for those singular actions. Kudos to them.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by omobabaoffa(m): 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
I remember this game vividly. Watching the replay now sef. I cried that night. Will forever hate Suarez cos of the incident.
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ghana are in severe pain uptil nowm

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
There are 2 'Hand of god' in World cup history!!

One is the Maradona fraud goal against England in 86 World cup , second is the Suarez fraud mastersave against Ghana in 2010 World cup!!

Just that one was red carded while the other one is overpampered for life!!

Ghanians should know that FIFA don't care about their loss, after all they had a penalty advantage!!

Imagine what England would do if Maradona was red carded and banned for the next match undecided

Hand of fake god has been existing since decades ago!!!

Sorry Ghana fans, blame Gyan instead!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by slaypapa: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Some of u saying rubbish here, do u know that if every goal bound ball is being cleared with hand in football, it will become so boring and painful?

What then make it football? It should be handball then. tongue
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by sosospence(m): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
Charity85:

Footballing rules are quite unjust. The penalty with a keeper in the post was unfair for a ball already entering the net only to be cleared by the hand of a player. It should either be considered a goal or a penalty without a keeper in the post. The justice delivered should correlate to the crime committed
You actually made a point,but Football rules just like you said are sometimes draconic.
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by alphaRego01(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
logon599:
The only game in my life where I ever supported Ghana as they were Africa's only hope. Gyan had just one job, score and take Africa to a world cup semi, and they flopped.

Meanwhile who else is enjoying these 2010 world cup games being replayed on SS9? Fantastic tournament it was.

Why u neva score for Nigeria
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Kehinderichard(m): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Yes it's painful but it's time to forgive and let go. Suarez got his well deserved punishment but what about Gyan that missed the penalty.
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by ZAWs: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
But you were awarded a penalty na"

1 Like

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by fredoooooo: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kriss216:
A red was given and a penalty was awarded and you are still blaming Suarez? Suarez is not even seeking for your forgiveness!
Suarez did what a good patriot would have done.

It is what it is... It's called football for a reason.

People wey dey craze grin
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by amalder: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
even if I forgive I won't forget.
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Starz825(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
chiemmanuel:
Suarez is a patriot and should be made a saint in Uruguay for that action.....he should be named Saint dentition...
In some instances, it's better to go one man down than to concede a goal.valverde of Madrid took almost the same decision against atletico Madrid and it paid off

If we can have politicians in Nigeria like Suarez,our country would be paradise
Funny enough, valverde and Suarez are both from Uruguay grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ghana and Africa has every reason to be angry with that bulldog.
Nonsense man
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by harbey17: 7:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Story for the gods, the deed has been done over a decade nao
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Bahamas95(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
One mistake teams always make is allowing their star man take a decisive penalty kick. Gyan shouldn't have taken that spot kick because of the pressure.

Ghanaians should forget about it, though it's painful sha but Suarez was just being patriotic.
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by Ndukkka24(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
Chestbeaters:
U are a fool for typing this rubbish

You are far from sense. My foolishness is more wiser than your generation.
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by DexterousOne(m): 7:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
jasent:
I cried my eyes out that day,funny enough I just came back to Nigeria from Ghana that very day..But sincerely haven knw how Ghanians are I can say I am happy Ghana didn't go through..Under 20 they won self till now they still Bragg about it as the only African nation to have won it..I concur. If you even live in Ghana you will understand why he made that statement..

I spend a lot of time in Ghana

I know the Ghanaian psychology a lot

(Even when it pertains to Nigerians)

But then

Not every ghanaian is like that
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by oneTIMEman(m): 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
What if Gwan that missed the PK?
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by kokomilala(m): 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Utter nonsense! Was Suarez not punished and a penalty given? I saw the game at a hotel in Festac Town.I was the only one in that lounge not supporting Ghana. Some found me odd,but I was entitled to my own views, judgements and positions. I'm not an apostle of pan-Africsnism,as I don't see any indication that Africa can unite.
How I celebrated Ghana's ouster that evening!!!
Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by jasent(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
DexterousOne:

I spend a lot of time in Ghana

I know the Ghanaian psychology a lot

(Even when it pertains to Nigerians)

But then

Not every ghanaian is like that
Yeah,not every Ghanian is actually like that.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball by DexterousOne(m): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
jasent:
Yeah,not every Ghanian is actually like that.

Yea.....

True

I have buddies for life in East Legon

I also have the ones I never want to see in my life again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Joshua Turned £15,000 First Pay To £500 Million Career Earnings / Francis Uzoho Traditional Wedding Photos / Alisson Karius? Fans Ridicule Liverpool Keeper After Leicester Blunder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.