Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:55 PM

My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! (2126 Views)

My Bank Gave Me NIN, Please Is It Proper ? (proof) / AAUA Tuition Fee Increased To 200k / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
Last year, I was offered admission into a swedish. I made my tuition fee payment using keystone bank's Form A(I think that's what they call it) because as that time I had no domiciliary account. After a long wait , I was denied visa. So, this year I wrote to the school that I would be needing my tuition fee refunded.

The school refunded the tuition fee after I had opened a dormiciliary account with keystone and sent my details to them. Now the money has hit my account, but the bank is claiming they will be handing us the money at the same rate as when the money was sent to the school a year and some months ago.

Without my authorization, keystone debited me. The narration of the debit reads, " Reversal". Mind you, it is not reversed to the school but an account in keystone bank. why?

Is it right by keystone or just normal CBN policy on dollar gotten through FORM A ? What if dollar is now 100 naira, would they still be offering us at that same rate ? I need your answers ASAP, Please. thanks
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
Make una help me naa, biko.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by abbasajao(m): 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
But you said the money is now in your domiciliary account?
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
abbasajao:
But you said the money is now in your domiciliary account?

It was initially blocked when I got to the bank today, and I was told to contact the school to send them a narration on the said amount. I agreed and wrote back to the school. In the evening I got a reversal alert and my fund has been put on suspense account.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by abbasajao(m): 8:10am On Jul 03, 2020
harsysky:

It was initially blocked when I got to the bank today, and I was told to contact the school to send them a narration on the said amount. I agreed and wrote back to the school. In the evening I got a reversal alert and my fund has been put on suspense account.

Collect the naira equivalent and move on. After all you didn't pay in fx.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2020
abbasajao:

Collect the naira equivalent and move on. After all you didn't pay in fx.

The exact same amount I paid is what I'm getting. it doesn't make sense after a whole year and 6 months.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2020
harsysky:

The exact same amount I paid is what I'm getting. it doesn't make sense after a whole year and 6 months.
yes it doesn't they want to pocket all the profit for themselves alone that's how banks do but confirm from other pple that are in banking industry if that's the way its done else tell them you need your dollar thaysbif you paid them in dollars.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2020
harsysky:

yes it doesn't they want to pocket all the profit for themselves alone that's how banks do but confirm from other pple that are in banking industry if that's the way its done else tell them you need your dollar thats if you paid them in dollars.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 10:10am On Jul 03, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
yes it doesn't they want to pocket all the profit for themselves alone that's how banks do but confirm from other pple that are in banking industry if that's the way its done else tell them you need your dollar thats if you paid them in dollars.

I paid in swedish currency. The idea is that the money is first converted to dollar and then to the country's currency. Then, the bank debited my dad's naira account after he filled the form A.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by jesmond3945: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
You are lucky you got the money
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
jesmond3945:
You are lucky you got the money
My friend, why Should I be lucky when the school has its refund policy?
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by jesmond3945: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
harsysky:

My friend, why Should I be lucky when the school has its refund policy?
my brother we have heard of tales were money was refunded but was not paid to the beneficiary or the money wasn't refunded at all. You are just lucky
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
jesmond3945:
my brother we have heard of tales were money was refunded but was not paid to the beneficiary or the money wasn't refunded at all. You are just lucky

okay. Should I accept what I'm given because of that or what? If it is a policy from the bank, I don't mind but what if some persons in the bank want to con me of what I should get.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by jesmond3945: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
harsysky:

okay. Should I accept what I'm given because of that or what? If it is a policy from the bank, I don't mind but what if some persons in the bank want to con me of what I should get.
just take whatever you have been given before they reason your matter
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by Effulgent(m): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
harsysky:

If you have any bank staff close to you, you can ask how it's done
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
jesmond3945:
just take whatever you have been given before they reason your matter

thanks, but I will still tell you how everything went. I won't accept except it's CBN's policy.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
Effulgent:

If you have any bank staff close to you, you can ask how it's done

You wouldn't believe I have asked about 5 different branch managers. 3 of them said I'm being cheated , while two said it could be their policy but they ain't sure.
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by Effulgent(m): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
harsysky:

You wouldn't believe I have asked about 5 different branch managers. 3 of them said I'm being cheated , while two said it could be their policy but they ain't sure.

Then check if it's their policy
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
Effulgent:

Then check if it's their policy

That's the reason I'm here. I feel some persons in the branch I'm running my account wants to swindle me of my funds. I can't know their policy on my own without asking. thanks bro, nonetheless
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by Skymoore1004: 1:54am On Jul 04, 2020
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by Skymoore1004: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Please what was the reason for your denial?
You’re not replying emails and I could do with your assistance. If it’s to pay for your time, no wahala I don’t mind.
harsysky:
Last year, I was offered admission into a swedish. I made my tuition fee payment using keystone bank's Form A(I think that's what they call it) because as that time I had no domiciliary account. After a long wait , I was denied visa. So, this year I wrote to the school that I would be needing my tuition fee refunded.

The school refunded the tuition fee after I had opened a dormiciliary account with keystone and sent my details to them. Now the money has hit my account, but the bank is claiming they will be handing us the money at the same rate as when the money was sent to the school a year and some months ago.

Without my authorization, keystone debited me. The narration of the debit reads, " Reversal". Mind you, it is not reversed to the school but an account in keystone bank. why?

Is it right by keystone or just normal CBN policy on dollar gotten through FORM A ? What if dollar is now 100 naira, would they still be offering us at that same rate ? I need your answers ASAP, Please. thanks
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by Skymoore1004: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You’re not replying emails and I could do with your assistance. If it’s to pay for your time, no wahala I don’t mind.
Why would I charge you, bro? change the yahoomail id of mine to gmail.com.

I will respond quickly
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:

Why would I charge you, bro? change that yahoomail of mine to gmail.com

Will respond quickly on that
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by Skymoore1004: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Done, Godbless
harsysky:

Why would I charge you, bro? change that yahoomail of mine to gmail.com

Will respond quickly on that
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2020
harsysky:

I paid in swedish currency. The idea is that the money is first converted to dollar and then to the country's currency. Then, the bank debited my dad's naira account after he filled the form A.
please can we chat privately, I need help on admission into Sweden, guess you might put me through
Re: My bank and my refunded tuition fee. help! by harsysky(m): 9:24am On Jul 05, 2020
AdebisiAdeyinka:
please can we chat privately, I need help on admission into Sweden, guess you might put me through

okay... harsysky@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Anambra UTME Fraud: ‘Let The Poor Breathe’, Innoson Motors’ Tells JAMB / JAMB: Mmesoma Is Innocent, She Was A Victim Of High Level Scam / Nim/nysc Proficiency Certificate In Management Dec 2014 Result Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.