Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,284 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! (8318 Views)

Nigeria’s Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab – FG / Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? / Muslim Women Dancing To "One Corner". Video Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
Last month, I heard of a story where a Muslim lady was Disqualified from partaking in a pageant because of the hijab she was wearing. Well I just want to give my opinion about this and also educate people about pagents.

Now what is a beauty pageant? A beauty pageant is an event where an intelligent ,smart, and charismatic person is crowned. Now pagenry falls into so many categories. There are male pageants ( Mr world, female pageants (Miss World, Miss universe, Miss globe, Miss planet, miss earth, Miss international, Miss intecontinental,etc,), children pageants (little miss world, little miss Nigeria, etc) Christan pageants (I have seen one in my life), Muslim pagents (world muslimah) ,Miss petite Nigeria ( for short women), Miss bum bum Brazil (very funny pageant grin), Miss unilag, Miss imsu, Miss Abuja ,mbgn (most beautiful girl in Nigeria), etc.

The most important thing about pagents is "what is the reason or the objective of the pagent "? Do you know that the miss world pagent is mainly a philantrophic pageant? Do you know that the Miss universe pageant is mainly a motivational pageant? Do you know that the Miss Earth pageant is focused on the problems facing the earth eg global warming, and other natural disasters? Every pageant has a goal. Also every pageant has rules and regulations and also age limit.

Now let's focus on our main topic. The miss world muslimah is a pageant in which intelligent and smart Muslim women can contest for a pageant. The main objective of the pageant is to prove to the world that the hijab cannot prevent you from being crowned as a beauty queen. This also arose from the fact that most pageants are not in line with the laws of Islam and so, Muslim women can not participate. This is the goal of the pageant.

Now before you can contest for the pageant, you have to contest first in your country and then represent your country on the world Muslim stage. Miss Nigeria won it in 2013. But the problem is that not many Muslim organizations are even aware of the pageant not to talk of staging such pageants in Nigeria. An association like muric ,the Islamic association of Nigeria,or even the sultan of sokoto can take up the pageant so that Nigeria can have constant delegates to represent the country in the Muslim world stage. I'm not sure if Nigeria has ever had a representative since 2013.

I would advise the Muslim community in Nigeria to take up the responsibility of sponsoring such pageants and even open up more pageants so that our Muslim sisters can also show the world that hijab and Islam is beautiful.

And lastly, I am not a Muslim lady, I am an igbo girl and a pageant lover. I am only giving my advice to the Muslim ladies because I believe that every woman can contest in a pageant.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
More photos

1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by phelonrays: 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2020
More beautiful photos

2 Shares

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
They still look good

2 Shares

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
Awesome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
phelonrays:
undecided

What's your problem?
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Oh I forgot to add this. There are also cultural pageants. They are used to showcase the culture and beauty of the women from a particular tribe .eg Miss moremi ,Miss itshekiri, and of course, the oldest cultural pageant in Nigeria, the most beautiful igbo girl (mbig) or you can call it Ada ndigbo. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by 360degreess(m): 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
Modesty is still the best any day anytime. A woman must not dress half naked in order to look beautiful .in fact she will only be seen as sex object by exposing her body.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by proudevil: 12:53am On Jul 03, 2020
See as she ugy...shioooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 12:55am On Jul 03, 2020
proudevil:
See as she ugy...shioooo

Who is ugly? undecided

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by engrtee(f): 2:31am On Jul 03, 2020
she disqualified herself because of her refusal to remove hijab.no body discriminate d against her

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by vincentjk(m): 3:21am On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by vincentjk(m): 3:22am On Jul 03, 2020
engrtee:
she disqualified herself because of her refusal to remove hijab.no body discriminate d against her
Leave them nao, have they seen buhari, atiku abukar, shagari and other top politician daughters on all these hijab? When zara buhari wedded she wore fitted night gown too look good.

Las las this thing has to do with mindset

20 Likes

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 03, 2020
Nawa
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by InfinityFabric: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2020
Yes, they can if they want to be sinners!

This is post is between begrudgingly stupid and a grotesque mockery of anyone with half-brain let alone full one.
One of the purpose of Hijaab is to make women more of a private asset than a public waste.
What do we call showing your body on stage ? How is it any different from the prostitutes of Ikeja and Edo ?
"Here I am, take me take me"

These "mild prostitution shows" a.k.a pageants is a valley in a planet, Islaamic Hijaab is another valley in another planet entirely. No way they can meet.

Do your research next time before making silly errors that can be avoided with less than 10MB.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by teemotee: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2020
No one is chasing them. It is very easy. They should simply stick to the Muslim pageants and not enroll for "immodest" pageants if they can't confrom to the rules.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by osamz007: 7:34am On Jul 03, 2020
IF U WAN CHOP PARTY RICE NO FORGET SAY FIERCE DANCE STILL DEY

THEY CAN PARTICIPATE IN ONES FOR THEIR RELIGION BUT IN TERMS OF SECULAR, LAI LAI

wo'n ni mu'silimu' ni Alimo' ....

Emi ga'n sey woli mo'...........

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 03, 2020
These are the REAL SLAY QUEENS.
This is beauty at its peak.
U don't have to go NUDE to state how beautiful you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2020
Masquerade ! Masquerade ! Masquerade !
All I see are masquerades !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by popweezy(m): 8:15am On Jul 03, 2020
I dont know the reason why these people despite their bodies covered are still more beautiful than those half naked ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2020
InfinityFabric:

This is post is between begrudgingly stupid and a grotesque mockery of anyone with half-brain let alone full one.
One of the purpose of Hijaab is to make women more of a private asset than a public waste.
What do we call showing your body on stage ? How is it any different from the prostitutes of Ikeja and Edo ?

These "mild prostitution shows" a.k.a pageants is a valley in a planet, Islaamic Hijaab is another valley in another planet entirely. No way they can meet.

Do your research next time before making silly errors that can be avoided with less than 10MB.

What is your problem? Is it that I don't understand you, or you don't understand my point. How are those women showing their bodies? The only bodies I am seeing are their faces and palms . It seems like you are one of those people that always see negativity in everything concerning women. Go and read up the purpose for the Muslim pageant before spilling out trash .

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Deicide: 9:21am On Jul 03, 2020
Please those that wear niqab How do they participate?
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 9:46am On Jul 03, 2020
Deicide:
Please those that wear niqab How do they participate?

Those that were niquab can as well have a pageant of their own were intelligent woman can also speak for the Muslim ladies and contribute to community development. Now the miss world muslimah is for hijab and unfortunately, it is the first Muslim pageant in the whole. Nigeria does not have a national pageant for that. The only way that women with niquab can participate in pageants is that concerned Muslim faithfuls can open up a pageant for them. The rules of the pageant will then be that you have to wear niquab. There can also be a pageant for the one you call bukar. There is no limit to pagenry.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by IDeyFlogAllah(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2020
The point is, if modesty is really the goal, then MUDSLIME women shouldn't even be seen in public at all, let alone hosting hijab beauty pageant.
Isn't that the purpose of burka and Niqab?

InfinityFabric:

EVILFOREST:
These are the REAL SLAY QUEENS.
This is beauty at its peak.
U don't have to go NUDE to state how beautiful you are.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2020
IDeyFlogAllah:
The point is, if modesty is really the goal, then MUDSLIME women shouldn't even be seen in public at all, let alone hosting hijab beauty pageant.
Isn't that the purpose of burka and Niqab?

Please what is modesty to you? And what is the difference between wearing a hijab or bukar or niquab on the streets and wearing it on the world Muslim stage? So to you, modesty means a woman sitting down in her house without going anywhere? Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by offset67(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2020
[code][/code][s][/s]
Muna4real:
Last month, I heard of a story where a Muslim lady was Disqualified from partaking in a pageant because of the hijab she was wearing. Well I just want to give my opinion about this and also educate people about pagents.

Now what is a beauty pageant? A beauty pageant is an event where an intelligent ,smart, and charismatic person is crowned. Now pagenry falls into so many categories. There are male pageants ( Mr world, female pageants (Miss World, Miss universe, Miss globe, Miss planet, miss earth, Miss international, Miss intecontinental,etc,), children pageants (little miss world, little miss Nigeria, etc) Christan pageants (I have seen one in my life), Muslim pagents (world muslimah) ,Miss petite Nigeria ( for short women), Miss bum bum Brazil (very funny pageant grin), Miss unilag, Miss imsu, Miss Abuja ,mbgn (most beautiful girl in Nigeria), etc.

The most important thing about pagents is "what is the reason or the objective of the pagent "? Do you know that the miss world pagent is mainly a philantrophic pageant? Do you know that the Miss universe pageant is mainly a motivational pageant? Do you know that the Miss Earth pageant is focused on the problems facing the earth eg global warming, and other natural disasters? Every pageant has a goal. Also every pageant has rules and regulations and also age limit.

Now let's focus on our main topic. The miss world muslimah is a pageant in which intelligent and smart Muslim women can contest for a pageant. The main objective of the pageant is to prove to the world that the hijab cannot prevent you from being crowned as a beauty queen. This also arose from the fact that most pageants are not in line with the laws of Islam and so, Muslim women can not participate. This is the goal of the pageant.

Now before you can contest for the pageant, you have to contest first in your country and then represent your country on the world Muslim stage. Miss Nigeria won it in 2013. But the problem is that not many Muslim organizations are even aware of the pageant not to talk of staging such pageants in Nigeria. An association like muric ,the Islamic association of Nigeria,or even the sultan of sokoto can take up the pageant so that Nigeria can have constant delegates to represent the country in the Muslim world stage. I'm not sure if Nigeria has ever had a representative since 2013.

I would advise the Muslim community in Nigeria to take up the responsibility of sponsoring such pageants and even open up more pageants so that our Muslim sisters can also show the world that hijab and Islam is beautiful.

And lastly, I am not a Muslim lady, I am an igbo girl and a pageant lover. My name is Munachi.I hope to contest for mbgn in the nearest future .i am only giving my advice to the Muslim ladies because I believe that every woman can contest in a pageant.
[s]
Muna4real:

And lastly, I am not a Muslim lady, I am an igbo girl and a pageant lover. My name is Munachi.I hope to contest for mbgn in the nearest future .i am only giving my advice to the Muslim ladies because I believe that every woman can contest in a pageant.
[/s]
Muna4real:

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by InfinityFabric: 11:33am On Jul 03, 2020
Muna4real:

What is your problem? Is it that I don't understand you, or you don't understand my point. How are those women showing their bodies? The only bodies I am seeing are their faces and palms . It seems like you are one of those people that always see negativity in everything concerning women. Go and read up the purpose for the Muslim pageant before spilling out trash .
No you're the one with -0 understanding.
Muslim women are not public latrine like yours, the ones who does it are sinners.

No way this is OK in Islaam, what evidence will they present and who will they say they resemble.
How are those women showing their bodies?
How Islaam talked about it... have u even read anything about anything ?
It seems like you are one of those people that always see negativity in everything concerning women.
Olodo!
Are they curing cancer ? Making electric cars or batteries ? Or in Semi-conductor factories making 5nm chiplet ?
Maybe they're in a team of software programmers writing OS? Or an economist fixing the nation? Or Molecular Biologists?
A very good teachers loved by student ?

See this one. Who do heck do you think u talking to?

Many of these are the most dumb people on the face of the earth and all they had to do is show their body (something they got from their parents)
How is that even a fair assessment of women potential?

Abeg left jare. Na your type dey give birth to children who are just vessels, no impact in the world.
U had better start learning something useful. u will teach your kids not being naked on TV.
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by pmoye(m): 11:36am On Jul 03, 2020
Says who?
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Smile4mee01: 11:43am On Jul 03, 2020
They should not start what they cant finish ooooo.

The reason some men still find them attractive is because its women are deemed to be submissive and feminine. Lets assume there is a winner and she wins millions of dollars, with that kind of money will she want to listen to one man somewhere.

Well, they can do it at their own peril.
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by IDeyFlogAllah(m): 11:45am On Jul 03, 2020
Not to me. It is your prophet who invented purdah and invented the Niqab and Burqa. Hijab beauty pageant is a contradiction in terms. You can't have both at the same time. You have to pick one and leave the other. You can't eat your cake and have it again

Muna4real:

Please what is modesty to you? And what is the difference between wearing a hijab or bukar or niquab on the streets and wearing it on the world Muslim stage? So to you, modesty means a woman sitting down in her house without going anywhere? Are you okay?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Haram Jobs / Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims / The Story Of Prophet Luut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.