Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? (208 Views)

Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? / How Reno Omokri Convinced Daddy Freeze To Apologise To Bishop Oyedepo / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? by femalecobra: 12:31am On Jul 03, 2020
Is it possible to marry a man or woman you prayed and fasted about and you were convinced is God’s will for your life and yet still have a rough marriage or even have it end in divorce??
Re: Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Jul 03, 2020
If the relationship is based on the Jesus-kind of Love, then no, but if the relationship is based on the world's church-kind of love, then expect plenty of problems and issues.

Jesus Christ preached obedience to His commandments and His commandments alone. And that is the only kind of love that He desires of and for us, no matter what the relationship we find ourselves in. Anything short of that is filler with problems and issues.
Re: Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:49am On Jul 03, 2020
femalecobra:
Is it possible to marry a man or woman you prayed and fasted about and you were convinced is God’s will for your life and yet still have a rough marriage or even have it end in divorce??

then you can only blame your god and/or keep praying while hoping for a miracle...
Re: Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? by femalecobra: 2:21am On Jul 03, 2020
Can any human truly meet up with the love Christ had for the church?
Why I ask is because I have seen pastors....counselling couples etc but their character to their wife is something else. Not necessarily that they beat her or so but their person or nature....lack of care or presence in helping with the kids...everything is the woman suffering n looking old....no emotional presence....their wives start complaining bitterly over time and reacting
The man doesn’t understand what he is doing wrong as he isn’t even aware he isn’t being loving n caring n being present because some are so over spiritual that they have lost touch with some extras needed for basic living on earth at least with a wife.
Ofcourse he still reads his bible n doesn’t tell lies etc.
I know 2 marriages of such now with huge problems related to this in their home. Yet they claim they were 100% sure God led them in both cases as both families are like you know godly kind of families

Kobojunkie:
If the relationship is based on the Jesus-kind of Love, then no, but if the relationship is based on the world's church-kind of love, then expect plenty of problems and issues.

Jesus Christ preached obedience to His commandments and His commandments alone. And that is the only kind of love that He desires of and for us, no matter what the relationship we find ourselves in. Anything short of that is filler with problems and issues.
Re: Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? by Kobojunkie: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2020
femalecobra:
Can any human truly meet up with the love Christ had for the church?
Jesus Christ's love is not the love you find in your churches with your pastors, Bishops, couples in the Lords, and so on. Even your G.Os do not have the kind of love that Jesus Christ prescribed for His followers, because to have that love is to know God Himself and see God in every human being that is alive today.
femalecobra:
Why I ask is because I have seen pastors....counselling couples etc but their character to their wife is something else. Not necessarily that they beat her or so but their person or nature....lack of care or presence in helping with the kids...everything is the woman suffering n looking old....no emotional presence....their wives start complaining bitterly over time and reacting
The man doesn’t understand what he is doing wrong as he isn’t even aware he isn’t being loving n caring n being present because some are so over spiritual that they have lost touch with some extras needed for basic living on earth at least with a wife.
Of course he still reads his bible n doesn’t tell lies etc.
Well, your pastor seems no different from many men out there in the world who believe marriage is their right, and his wife, on the other hand, seems no different from any woman out there who thinks she is specially made and fragile and to be cared for in her marriage to a man. The world is full of sinful men and women with characters similar to those described by you by your pastor and his wife.

A godly marriage is a marriage that is centered around doing what God wants from both the man and the woman. Of course, a woman will have to realize that she has equal weight to carry as far as God's kingdom is concerned -- women are not weaker sex or any of that nonsense in the kingdom of God. So both of them have to be willing to serve God even as they serve each other.
femalecobra:

I know 2 marriages of such now with huge problems related to this in their home. Yet they claim they were 100% sure God led them in both cases as both families are like you know godly kind of families
Just because a person claims to be of God and acts all spiritual or even bears a title that connotes spirituality does not mean it is in fact a truth. Jesus Christ said that by their fruit you shall know them. If you are unable to see Jesus Christ's actual commandments being obeyed by those whom you pretend to be spiritual leaders over your life, may I suggest you instead go back to doing what Jesus Christ commanded, and that is that you let His Spirit teach, direct, lead, counsel, comfort and help you in all things.

His apostle John repeats the same counsel.

1 John 3 vs 20-27 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20. You have the gift[a] that the Holy One[b] gave you. So you all know the truth.
21. Do you think I am writing this letter because you don’t know the truth? No, I am writing because you do know the truth. And you know that no lie comes from the truth.
22. So who is the liar? It is the one who says Jesus is not the Messiah. Whoever says that is the enemy of Christ—the one who does not believe in the Father or in his Son.
23. Whoever does not believe in the Son does not have the Father, but whoever accepts the Son has the Father too.

24. Be sure that you continue to follow the teaching you heard from the beginning. If you do that, you will always be in the Son and in the Father.
25. And this is what the Son promised us—eternal life.

26. I am writing this letter about those who are trying to lead you into the wrong way.
27. Christ gave you a special gift. You still have this gift in you. So you don’t need anyone to teach you. The gift he gave you teaches you about everything. It is a true gift, not a false one. So continue to live in Christ, as his gift taught you.

(1) (Reply)

Tabitha Cumi #BantuHebrewNuggets / The Moon Eclipse Nobody Noticed / No Jesus No Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.