Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,580 members, 7,801,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods (5859 Views)

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved / Question For The Abroad People / Ponzi Haters Guides To Investing For Abroad People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 3:19am On Jul 03, 2020
OK guys those of you who grew up in Nigeria before relocating abroad, how often do you eat Nigeria foods. Those of you who are abroad born have you ever considered eating Nigeria foods? You people are missing sha if you are not eating Nigerian foods.. Don't salivate ooo.. Stay on the thread and pass your comments

3 Likes

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:26am On Jul 03, 2020
some of us were fed African food all the time, since thats what our parents mostly ate too. i ate eba/amala/ewa since the day i was born... especially jollof rice every sundays.

btw, today you can find a Nigerian restaurant and/or an African store (to get all the ingredients to cook Nigerian meals) in all major cities of the world.
one of the best Nigerian restaurant i ate at was in Tokyo.... almost as good as my mother's.

8 Likes

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Freestainworld(m): 3:35am On Jul 03, 2020
when we see one, depending on the country or location you are staying.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 3:50am On Jul 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
some of us were fed African food all the time, since thats what our parents mostly ate too. i ate eba/amala/ewa since the day i was born... especially jollof rice every sundays.

btw, today you can find a Nigerian restaurant and/or an African store (to get all the ingredients to cook Nigerian meals) in all major cities of the world.
one of the best Nigerian restaurant i ate at was in Tokyo.... almost as good as my mother's.

Wow! That's awesome.

3 Likes

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 3:53am On Jul 03, 2020
Freestainworld:
when we see one, depending on the country or location you are staying.
But can you get ingredients sharp sharp and arrange some levels? Lol! Like one guy in Greece went to the supermarket to buy okro.. �
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:53am On Jul 03, 2020
Dellaxlogistic:
Wow! That's awesome.

... but the photos do indeed look succulent (made me want to cook some African food lol)
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 3:56am On Jul 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

... but the photos do indeed look succulent (made me want to cook some African food lol)

Oya na Egbon arrange some levels na.. We Kant kill ourself ooo.. Lol
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 3:59am On Jul 03, 2020
We will need Nigerians in places like Norway, Sweden, Lithuania, Russia, Qatar to comment ooo.. E get why.. Lol
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Freestainworld(m): 4:00am On Jul 03, 2020
Dellaxlogistic:

But can you get ingredients sharp sharp and arrange some levels? Lol! Like one guy in Greece went to the supermarket to buy okro.. �
sometimes ingredients are available but costly, sometimes it is usually not available, you have to improvise, many of us use stew to swallow semovita if garri don hungry man tire, okro is usually available because they eat it here too but in a different way, palm oil na big time problem.

1 Like

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by etrange: 4:05am On Jul 03, 2020
I buy jollof rice almost everyday. The Nigerian restaurant here uses deeply fried tomatoes to prepare thier egusi (in place of red oil) and I don't like it so I stick to rice. I depend on UberEats given that I can't cook very well and that's almost creating a hole in my pocket; about $20 for each meal sad
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:09am On Jul 03, 2020
Dellaxlogistic:
Oya na Egbon arrange some levels na.. We Kant kill ourself ooo.. Lol

bro, in this south America and during these covid-19 times, getting some African food is a bit more tricky than usual (apart from getting plantain and okra).

Dellaxlogistic:
We will need Nigerians in places like Norway, Sweden, Lithuania, Russia, Qatar to comment ooo.. E get why.. Lol

there are tons of Africans is Scandinavia (Denmark/Sweden/Norway) so there are countless of African shops there. most African salons would be next to an African shop... or the Indian/Chinese stores would have what you need.

1 Like

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 4:14am On Jul 03, 2020
etrange:
I buy jollof rice almost everyday. The Nigerian restaurant here uses deeply fried tomatoes to prepare thier egusi (in place of red oil) and I don't like it so I stick to rice. I depend on UberEats given that I can't cook very well and that's almost creating a hole in my pocket; about $20 for each meal sad

Wow.. But Tomatoes in place of palm oyel through.. Lol shocked
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 4:15am On Jul 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

bro, in this south America and during these covid-19 times, getting some African food is a bit more tricky than usual (apart from getting plantain and okra).

there are tons of Africans is Scandinavia (Denmark/Sweden/Norway) so there are countless of African shops there. most African salons would be next to an African shop... or the Indian/Chinese stores would have what you need.

Men!!!! Really!!!
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 4:17am On Jul 03, 2020
What is the name of that super MOD that alawyas take stuffs to front page oo.. We need more people to comment. We want to know how they are surviving abroad

1 Like

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by s3nn2x(m): 4:27am On Jul 03, 2020
Not a problem. I eat Nigerian food daily. I rarely buy food because I cook. There are African shops around where you can get food stuffs. You can also go to African restaurants to eat. Na your pocket go tell.

I am in New York though, so it is quite easy to get Naija food.

6 Likes

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Ope4Christ: 5:23am On Jul 03, 2020
Getting Nigerian foods in UAE is not a difficult thing inasmuch as you have money to buy them in African stores accross the country. Since I cook most of the times I prefer buying groceries that are common and are affordable not necessarily going to African stores because of the price. grin grin grin. These are the Nigerian foods you can easily get everywhere without going to African stores:

1. Rice ( you can prepare it in various forms that you want jollof, fried, coconut, white and stew etc ).

2. Beans (the most common one is the white one also different from the one we have in Nigeria).

3. Wheat and Semovita (Asians also eat wheat in another form different from ours, so it is common).

4. Vegetables in various species that I don't even know ( Okro, I saw 'ewedu' once).

Then you are free to go to African stores to get other Nigerian foods of your choice inasmuch as you have the money ranging from yam, yam flour(poundo yam), garri, egusi, palm oil, dried cat fish(and other types), mellon, ogbono etc.

You won't miss Nigeria when it comes to food in UAE.

5 Likes

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Mindlog: 5:55am On Jul 03, 2020
Quarterly, I get food items from Nigeria and get other stuffs like semolina, wheat, okro, black eyed peas, palm oil, yam etc from the local stores.

1 Like

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Dellaxlogistic: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2020
Exciting
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by otipoju(m): 8:02am On Jul 03, 2020
Thank God for Atlanta.. I eat Nigerian food like 99.9% of the time.

There are two Solid Nigerian Restaurants named "Buka 2 and Iyke's" . Then the splendid "New Happy Market"...for All Nigerian foodstuff. Ponmo,Shaki, Egusi, Alomo bitters, stock fish, dried fish, titus, ogbono, locust beans,Akamu and even Agege bread and chin chin.

Same with Dallas. Solid African stores in Garland and Arlington. And a Nigerian Restaurant named "Aso Rock."
SouthWest's freah Agege bread remains the best.

I thank God for everything.

11 Likes

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Which country are you living now
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 03, 2020
etrange:
Which country
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Which country
please drop ur WhatsApp digits, I want to contact u concerning something important
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2020
passymobile:
please drop ur WhatsApp digits, I want to contact u concerning something important
Check your mail bro
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by jesmond3945: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
etrange:
my brother learn how to cook to avoid story
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by etrange: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Which country
Canada
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by etrange: 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dellaxlogistic:

Wow.. But Tomatoes in place of palm oyel through.. Lol shocked

I think they're trying to reduce cost, red oil isn't readily available.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by etrange: 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
jesmond3945:
my brother learn how to cook to avoid story

I'm trying sir.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Minsk24: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Interesting thread
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by ednut1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
etrange:

I'm trying sir.
grin those amounts are killing bro. not sustainable lol
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by ednut1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dellaxlogistic:
OK guys those of you who grew up in Nigeria before relocating abroad, how often do you eat Nigeria foods. Those of you who are abroad born have you ever considered eating Nigeria foods? You people are missing sha if you are not eating Nigerian foods.. Don't salivate ooo.. Stay on the thread and pass your comments
there is no country where Nigerians live that you wont get 9ja food

Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by etrange: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
ednut1:
grin those amounts are killing bro. not sustainable lol

You're 100% right.
Re: Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods by Kenn55: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
I eat Nigerian food 99% of the time. Apart from pizza, i don't think i have eaten any other oyibo food. My wife cooks all kinds of soup. I can't eat oyibo foods, it is tasteless to me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion / Legalizing My Document in Poland Embassy who can help me out with useful Info.? / How Much Is Benin City From Ado-ekiti?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.