Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? (16713 Views)

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? / At What Age Did You Make Your First N100,000? / Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Elsueno: 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
Well, I don't have a job, am pretty sure I graduated a while back too. I do have a business am managing though

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
alkines:
Lemme comman see
at 23. first job was a head teacher in a private school. I was the youngest Staff... it was fun sha... the nanny's daughter was my girlfriend... twas a twisted experience but very thrilling

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by RightToReject(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
I haven't worked for anyone before. The first time, however, I entered into the first Strategic Alliance with the foremost organization I worked with, I was 21.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by bluefilm: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by BruncleZuma: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
At the age of 11, I worked at a pure water factory.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by blamingthedevil: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
15....Sales Manager
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Oshokalo: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
at 17 after writing my junior waec,I work with lacasera a payment of 8500 par day,that year I be big boy among my peer's

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Oshokalo: 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
@17 I worked with lakasera earning 8500 per year,o boy that year I be big boy among my peers
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Eriokanmi: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
Age 25, barely 2 months after completion of NYSC

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
Victoria938:

I worked at a restaurant at 16

Guys go don toast you taya that year. grin
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by dljbd1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by salem1996: 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
19, Rokume stores. I was a motor boy then wink

ah, we stole drinks and sold her creates and bottles embarassed
I wish I can see her to apologise embarassed

but the main issue be say I learn driving from there and we always have to put up fights with Road safety, Police and Armies due to our stubbornness grin. Now am in Seminary... wow... life eh chaii grin.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by PDPGuy: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Princeton92(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
At 17.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Chibuhealth(f): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Exmilitant(m): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
17, coca cola, until i tried to operate a forklift when the operator went for lunch, all 47 crates with bottles on the pallette crashed to pieces. I jump fence go house till today.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
Dream Job or Karikata Job?
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by ofiko123(m): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
Who cares about the age you land your first job..

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Babymuchendu(f): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
HotPoundedYam:
I was 13 years old.. my mum used to pay me 50naira a week to babysit my kid sis sad

Now when I think about it..I feel cheated... I should have negotiated 50 thousand naira per day. This life no balance at all

she try if na me i no give u any kobo,,no be person babysit u
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by salem1996: 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Exmilitant:
17, coca cola, until i tried to operate a forklift when the operator went for lunch, all 47 crates with bottles on the pallette crashed to pieces. I jump fence go house till today.

grin naija gather problems eh... who send you go there

see as I just deh laugh here... so u retire yourself ahbi. Sha me sef na same thing. I left the job when I started having issues with the woman and I got admission to study in Poly

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Polynek(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Exmilitant:
Bro You work for Irete plant?
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Zane2point4(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Exmilitant:
grin grin
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by HRSweetness(f): 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
kennethfranc:
Mine was @18(September -April 2020... Working at a cyber) salary back then was 8k but as I just finished waec, I had to manage that without negotiation.
One faithful day I was just attending to a customer casually dressed that if not for the amount in the paper he gave me to type, I won't believe he is that wealthy. After the work he gave me 5k privately... During Corona I got sacked at the end of the month with ½ pay (April)
I went back to car wash, Timber work and of course concrete work.... FF
August the man called me to work as a clerk for 20k monthly
Am ever grateful Engr.

Wow. I like your positive perspective. So you're 19 this year?
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Truckpusher(m): 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
At 14 wink
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Polynek(m): 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
18 yrs, At Coca-Cola, As a stacker. A very stressful work

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by oracle009(m): 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
I started my Tutorial business at age 17years, after SSCE. I earned around #12,000 monthly then.

Continued the Tutorial business after my BSc(age 22years), earned around #100-160k monthly in Abeokuta

Got my first post NYSC job at age 25years as a Lecturer with a State Government Polytechnic. I was rounding up my MSc then...

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by emperor863(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
I got my first job just two months before my seventeenth birthday and ten days after writing WAEC.

The job was at Nigerian Ports Authority, Tin Can island Ports where I was employed as an Assistant Clerical Officer on Grade Level 03. My first salary was around N120.00. The minimum wage was N100.00

Nigeria was a country in those days.

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Amiee99(f): 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
At 17.. A teaching job

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Umaruxoxo(m): 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
Who pay ur mama to baby sit u
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Alaganature(m): 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
@21 after my OND in a bank GTB
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by JahBwoy: 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
22 exactly one month after passing out from NYSC
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Jms85(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
007update:
Most people complain about not having a job mine while they lack the all it takes to have a job.
Last week, I saw an advert and instead of applicants to apply the end up shouting "I am interested". Well, you don't expect the management to go and apply for you.
So today, we will be answering the question "AT WHAT AGE DID YOU LAND YOUR FIRST JOB?". You can actually share your story to encourage those still searching for a job.
Please for those that still have issue nailing their dream job you can learn from those that have theirs and also you can ask them questions in that regards.

I was 16 ...DAT was after my waec ..Had a pry sch teaching job n my pay was #1500 a month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is This Scam Or Real? / Foremost Indigenous Oil & Gas Company Fresh Job Recruitment (28 Positions) / Warning To All Job Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.