Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention (35811 Views)

Lance Corporal Jibrin Commits Suicide In Yobe / Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters / Victoria, Wife Of Lance Corporal Martins Arrested For Granting Media Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by golddare: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Reps Move To Rescue Buratai’s Critic, Lance Corporal Martins, In Military Detention

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/03/reps-move-rescue-buratai%E2%80%99s-critic-lance-corporal-martins-military-detention

I wished all soldiers in the NE will start making their own videos to expose the illicit acts of their commanders.
Although under the sections quoted members of the Armed forces are exempted, no human rights. I hope they look into that section as well.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by ymstar(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exc2000:

Truth is he would be happy to get out of the shitty Army that pays less than 100k for him to risk his life
And you think they can't later execute him?
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by bigfish3k: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
KarlWhyte:

Lol...u know me just because i choose to not support ur hatred for this present administration?

Oga u know nothing, i am not a fan of buhari but stop all these one sided judgment...naija politicians are all the same!
Do you love a government that turns blind eyes to the killings of its citizens?
You retained the military chiefs that are not performing
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by intruder15(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
bigfish3k:

I know your region and religion

I know those that are fond of justifying a present crime just because it happened before.
Its a sickening and warped kind of reasoning

He is not justifying anything. Rather he is letting you know that one should not categorise the loss of democracy to a particular period 2015-till date.

To comprehend shouldn't be that difficult.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by bigfish3k: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
intruder15:

He is not justifying anything. Rather he is letting you know that one should not categorise the loss of democracy to a particular period 2015-till date.

To comprehend shouldn't be that difficult.
Shouldn't we be improving with time?

Thats why we should criticize the present and don't link this worst happenings to the past
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Lamasta(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
Its a welcome development
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Heavensent01(m): 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
IJOBA2:
HAVE YOU WORSHIPPED JAGABAN OF BORGU TODAY

will the answer recover your long lost common sense?

have you check your utme result? when are you visiting psychiatric to complete your brain test?

you can't use me test your sanity kid
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by herbert2017: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Hope the power that be, will not hijack the process. We all know the power has no fundamental human right.
Let Nigeria lawyers sue COAS for the infrigment on the lance coporal.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by IJOBA2: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Heavensent01:

will the answer recover your long lost common sense?

have you check your utme result? when are you visiting psychiatric to complete your brain test?

you can't use me test your sanity kid
DO YOU KNOW WHY WE ARE FIGHTING, BECAUSE I REFUSED TO BE TINUBUS SLAVE.

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL YOUR FUTURE GENERATIONS THAT YOU SOLD YOUR BIRTHRIGHT BECAUSE OF 30K MONTHLY STIPENDS
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by handiriwamadi(m): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Reps Move To Rescue Buratai’s Critic, Lance Corporal Martins, In Military Detention

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/03/reps-move-rescue-buratai%E2%80%99s-critic-lance-corporal-martins-military-detention
good move i love this, Lance corporal Martins deserve promotion for speaking out. I like that guy, he is a brave and Galant soldier. Nothing should happen to him and his family.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Heavensent01(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
IJOBA2:
DO YOU KNOW WHY WE ARE FIGHTING, BECAUSE I REFUSED TO BE TINUBUS SLAVE.

ARE YOU GOING TO TELL YOUR FUTURE GENERATIONS THAT YOU SOLD YOUR BIRTHRIGHT BECAUSE OF 30K MONTHLY STIPENDS

look at the thread you quoted me and see how it cohere with the gibberish you cooked up there

you're just one unfortunate human being who like to chase clout with your decorated stupidity

see I don't invest my time in orientating imbeciles like you, you should find who reduce your psychological trait beyond redemption and leave me out of your misery

get busy kid
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by IJOBA2: 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
Heavensent01:

look at the thread you quoted me and see how it cohere with the gibberish you cooked up there

you're just one unfortunate human being who like to chase clout with your decorated stupidity

see I don't invest my time in orientating imbeciles like you, you should find who reduce your psychological trait beyond redemption and leave me out of your misery

get busy kid
YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Heavensent01(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
IJOBA2:
YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION

dumb Igbo kid, KANU have successfully destroy the little brain you've left

you need to work on your brain. all this upside down dumb blockhead kids here lately sef
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by mechanics(m): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Better, that's unfair, is it now a crime for someone to say the truth?
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
NLReposter:
Democracy In Nigeria

(1999-2015)

RIP

She was so young and full of hopes

Soldiers and policemen who mutinied before 2015 were treated the same.

Plus many of the same abuses that are happening now happened before 2015.

Like Zaki biam, ODI, Maiduguri, and a host of other crisis

APC is mess. They are just as bad as PDP
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by nwannukwu01: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Hope this news is true and will manifest our good expectations.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by lanchy: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nigeria is indeed a backward place, criticism is always met with anger and violence!! How do you hope to receive feedback and improve, when you lock up all those that mention your failures, then the fat bellied idiotic soldiers that can't even fight a rag-tag rebel group with "No Air force and No Shoulder mounted SAM" will go on to embezzle money meant for weapons.

10,000 well armed and trained soldier, with effective communication and a plan can take this Country, sad but true...very pathetic!
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Virginnn(f): 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
UAE123:
I believe this issue should be the duty of both the joint committees of the Senate & House of Representatives so as to help the lance corporal & also hear first hand the sufferings of those at the front line of the battle in the fight against boko haram especially the type of weapons they are using, issue of their welfare & how long they have been in the battle without been replace & all other issues that may arise from their discussions.
I thought Buratai has a commander in chief who he takes orders from and reports to?
How has the c in c reacted to this obvious violation of human rights?
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Depressed101: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Nice move

I have read the Armed Forces Act online, (you can read it to) am yet to find just one single violation the Lance corporal made that warranted his unlawful detention with his wife

[s]It took US 300 years to perfect it's democracy[/s], but it would take Nigeria less than 50 years... Kudos to the Honourable Reps at the green chambers

correction, US democracy is not perfect, as a matter of fact no democracy is 100% perfect
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Sunnyja: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
Apination:
Those who haven't been to the north and seen the devastation of this insurgency first hand wouldn't understand the gravity of what this man did. I have been there and I have seen and can only tell you that I lost hope from that moment in this entity called Nigeria, human sympathy is non existent and everything humane is dead. Our leaders will all die miserably and their children will reap and pay for every life that's carelessly lost daily. Borno state is a city of graves undecided
How can Borno state be City of graves when the ex-governor Shemitta claimed that Borno was more peaceful than Lagos State?!

1 Like

Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by PaulH07: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Nice move

I have read the Armed Forces Act online, (you can read it to) am yet to find just one single violation the Lance corporal made that warranted his unlawful detention with his wife

It took US 300 years to perfect it's democracy, but it would take Nigeria less than 50 years... Kudos to the Honourable Reps at the green chambers

And is their democracy even perfect?
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by luluman: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
TRUTHaDDICTED:
Is quite unfortunate to see some people here on Nairaland who claim to be normal supporting this injustice against the man who braved-up to speak out against the deadly corruption going on in the Army and how they're playing the more you look the less you see game with the acclaimed fight against boko haram.

#FreeLanceCorporalMartins
At this point, any Nairalander that still support the Martin's detention is finished.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by luluman: 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
He truly erred and might encourage mutiny in the ranks of the soldiers but the Force is going too far ,even by detaining his wife. For the first time I am forced to commend the House of representative for this bold move. cool
See this one, prove that he erred with constitution now.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by XXLMANDIGO: 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
Any problem

luluman:
See this one, prove that he erred with constitution now.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by seunayantokun(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
He truly erred and might encourage mutiny in the ranks of the soldiers but the Force is going too far ,even by detaining his wife. For the first time I am forced to commend the House of representative for this bold move. cool

He erred? What did he say wrong. Did incite others to rise against their authority? What part of the law of Nigeria did he run afoul of?

1 Like

Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by XXLMANDIGO: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
The Military or Forces around the world have code of conduct and something that preclude them from giving out leaks, vital and sensitive information to the public. I might not be sure of the details but as a disciplined security arm of the government, secrecy and loyalty is their watchword. Like I said earlier I don't his incarceration and I frown at the wife's arrest. I also implore the military to release them. I was just being objective. smiley

seunayantokun:

He erred? What did he say wrong. Did incite others to rise against their authority? What part of the law of Nigeria did he run afoul of?
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by hollywater: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
Igbo Amaka. It can only be Igbo Man.

1 Like

Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by vickyoluchi: 8:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
I thank God for this move because our leaders can't fold their hands and watch people dying everyday by days.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Apination(m): 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
Sunnyja:
How can Borno state be City of graves when the ex-governor Shemitta claimed that Borno was more peaceful than Lagos State?!
And you believe him? undecided
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Tonytonic(m): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nigeria is a prison.we are imprisoned by wicked leaders and subjected to hardship so that we can't speak up and fight the evil system.its a shame the church is suppose to speak and protect this soldier but no. Can I ask is Christianity really a religion of love? Y can't the church protect the weak in Nigeria? where are the godly and fearless leaders in this country? i am so ashamed to b a part of a country filled with mostly mediocres.
Re: Reps To Rescue Martins Idakpein, Lance Corporal In Military Detention by Tonytonic(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
[quote author=XXLMANDIGO post=91343861]
The Military or Forces around the world have code of conduct and something that preclude them from giving out leaks, vital and sensitive information to the public. I might not be sure of the details but as a disciplined security arm of the government, secrecy and loyalty is their watchword. Like I said earlier I don't his incarceration and I frown at the wife's arrest. I also implore the military to release them. I was just being objective

Even in America during the protest over the killing of George the American Army Chief criticised the move of President Trump to use force on the protesters. Y can't we learn.the soldier was stating the obvious.they are obsessing him because he is not powerful.we like obsessing others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdullahi Mahuta Shares His Jordan Trip Experience (Photos) / Peter Obi And Wife Spotted At Heathrow Airport, London - Photos / Obaseki’s Convoy Escapes Robbery Attack By Whiskers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.