Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Is The Quran Perfect? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is The Quran Perfect? (573 Views)

Who Wrote The Quran? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / Youths Reading Quran Dressed Red & White Attires. Photos Spark Online Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Quran Perfect? by snubish: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2020
Alhamdulillah Rabbialameen. We seek refuge in God from the accursed satan.
There have been claims and counterclaims in recent times about the Quran being perfect. So this thread hopes to emphasize the discussion about the Quran' s perfection. In sha Allah it would be beneficial to all sincere participants.
I beseech everyone that would be posting to keep things civil, no one has perfect knowledge. Belief or unbelief is largely based on faith, it's really not dignifying to insult people of a different belief. So avoid such denigrating statements.
Posters should resist to urge to prove they are intelligent by staying on point, avoid using Latin terms of debate and other such jargon whilst passing your message across.
Pls keep to the topic, state facts only and back it up with reasons and evidences.
Preferably stick to what you are personally sure of, avoid posting links to esoteric websites with doubtful sincerity.
Keep responses brief preferably not exceeding 10 lines per post. Avoid copying and pasting large sections from internet articles. Those who are interested would do their own research afterwards.
In sha Allah, we would all emerge with more knowledge from the discussion.
We politely request that the moderators not move this to the front page yet to keep from being rowdy.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by snubish: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2020
I would be starting the posting.
As a Muslim the basis of my belief is faith in the infallibility or divinity of the Quran. While the Quran did not specifically claim to be perfect, we believe the Quran is God's word, and as all things from God are perfect, so his words are perfect.

The Quran is the only extant book entirely claiming to be of divine origin, it is entirely reported speech and it says the word "Say" (referring to prophet Mohammed, the messenger of the Quran) in several places.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by snubish: 11:06am On Jul 03, 2020
The Quran is essentially unchanged and has only one version since its compilation 14 centuries ago.

The Quran can be memorized entirely as it was first revealed. Indeed the Quran was not a book at first but a recitation.
These are some of the reasons why we say the Quran is perfect. Let us have your sincere opinion.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by snubish: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
Tell us why you think the Quran is perfect or not perfect.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by snubish: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
The Quran was revealed through an illiterate trader known as "the trustworthy one" due to his personal integrity: prophet Mohammed, in the Arabian peninsula.
An illiterate, he could neither read nor write, yet the Quran is a compelling work of poetry and elegant prose.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by snubish: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
The weekend is almost over and I thought this thread would have generated a healthy debate. NL Islam for Muslims section is a shadow of its former self. I assumed Muslims, atheists, and other rationally inclined minds would have jumped on this thread by now engaging in some intellectual slugging. But alas, gone are those days, everyone is just content airing their own opinions without being challenged, not impressive.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by whitelotus: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
snubish:
The weekend is almost over and I thought this thread would have generated a healthy debate. NL Islam for Muslims section is a shadow of its former self. I assumed Muslims, atheists, and other rationally inclined minds would have jumped on this thread by now engaging in some intellectual slugging. But alas, gone are those days, everyone is just content airing their own opinions without being challenged, not impressive.

cc Vedaxcool, empiree, lanrexlan, udatso.

I believe that many muslims here know that they cannot defend islam and they feel that it is better they ignore atheists or hard questions about the religion.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by tintingz(m): 7:47am On Jul 06, 2020
snubish:
Tell us why you think the Quran is perfect or not perfect.

The Qur'an is not perfect.

It has scientific errors.

Ancient myths.

Fallacies

Preservation problems
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by udatso: 11:00am On Jul 06, 2020
snubish:

Assalamu alaykum.
Hopefully you would get inputs from others but as for me, I am not under any obligation to prove while I believe the Qur'an is perfect to non-muslims. And as for a Muslim, I can only give links of books to read up and decide for himself. I believe there are hundreds of materials for a Muslim seeker of knowledge to read and get his answers from.

Even on nairaland here, many years ago, threads were created to address certain perceived issues in Islam and tomorrow someone would create a similar thread to ask for answers.
The cycle never ends and it's tiring at least for me. If you have doubts dig up threads from these old threads and raise questions on unclear points and I am sure many would be willing to answer.

But having to start all over again is a NO NO NO for me. And if you have been here for long, You would know that nothing had ever been achieved on e-debate on nairaland that regards people of different faith.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by tintingz(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
udatso:

Assalamu alaykum.
Hopefully you would get inputs from others but as for me, I am not under any obligation to prove while I believe the Qur'an is perfect to non-muslims. And as for a Muslim, I can only give links of books to read up and decide for himself. I believe there are hundreds of materials for a Muslim seeker of knowledge to read and get his answers from.

Even on nairaland here, many years ago, threads were created to address certain perceived issues in Islam and tomorrow someone would create a similar thread to ask for answers.
The cycle never ends and it's tiring at least for me. If you have doubts dig up threads from these old threads and raise questions on unclear points and I am sure many would be willing to answer.

But having to start all over again is a NO NO NO for me. And if you have been here for long, You would know that nothing had ever been achieved on e-debate on nairaland that regards people of different faith.

Questions will keep popping up because there are holes In the Qur'an and your beliefs.
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by udatso: 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
tintingz:

Questions will keep popping up because there are holes In the Qur'an and your beliefs.
Ok
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by udatso: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by whitelotus: 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
udatso:
@ snubish

https://www.nairaland.com/2291292/rebutals-library-solution-recycled-topics

Snubish, please dont fall this weak escape tactic.

1. Many of the threads that he calls "recycled topics" do not even address a quarter of the questions regularly asked by non muslims on islam. For instance, there are no threads on women's rights on islam.

2. Udatso wants you to accept whatever weak defence they give for flaws in islam. I read the thread on apostasy and I wept for logic.

My buddy even posted many topics that were not addressed in the recycled topics thread-

JackBizzle:
Salaam

Great thread. Please, I need rebuttal threads for these questions

1) Did the Prophet buy and sell slaves? (according to Bukhari)

2) What is the justification for the prophet having more than 10 wives when 4 is the limit?

3) Early marriage in Islam- why is there no age of consent in Islam (14 year olds getting married)?

4) Why is there no hijab or niquaab for men?

5) Can it be explained why no islamic country is in the top 20 developed countries (HDI) in the world?

It would be nice to see rebuttal threads to these issues

salaam

Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by whitelotus: 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
It is good to go to old threads. I have caught Empiree admitting that his interpretation of Islam supports PEDOPHILIA!!

Thank you, udatso. May you continue to expose your beliefs

Empiree:
That's what happens when you lose.

"Age consent" is PUBERTY. Other factors are embedded therein.

So, Empiree, so you agree that 12 year old girls who have reached puberty can give consent to have sex, abi?

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by lanrexlan(m): 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
whitelotus:

My buddy even posted many topics that were not addressed in the recycled topics thread-

Your buddy or yourself? angry sad undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by Empiree: 2:05am On Jul 07, 2020
whitelotus:
It is good to go to old threads. I have caught Em...piree admitting that his interpretation of Islam supports PEDOPHILIA!!

Thank you, udatso. May you continue to expose your beliefs

So, Em..piree, so you agree that 12 year old girls who have reached puberty can give consent to have sex, abi?

Nonsense

Re: Is The Quran Perfect? by whitelotus: 7:01am On Jul 07, 2020
I must thank Udatso again for helping me expose Empiree and now, making Empiree show that he is not an honest muslim.

When faced with the fact that he supports puberty as the age of consent as a muslim (which is perverted as 11 year old girls can reach puberty), he is now trying to deflect by bringing up Woody Allen's case in the USA.

Empiree, your Woody Allen case is fake news. He did not marry his adopted daughter. Woody Allen never adopted Soon-Yi Previn. They also started dating when she was an adult. Though, there is some perversion there as Woody Allen also dated her adoptive mother. This is a case of incest and not pedophilia..

Previn has said that Allen "was never any kind of father figure [to her]," and added that she "never had any dealings with him" during her childhood.[15] The findings of the judicial investigation carried out during the custody trial between Allen and Farrow determined that before 1990 they had rarely even spoken to each other
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soon-Yi_Previn#:~:text=Soon%2DYi%20Previn%20(%2F%CB%88,boyfriend%20for%20over%2010%20years.

======================================================

That aside, Empiree you clearly want to hide that you support 11 year old girls consenting to sex. Shame on you.

(1) (Reply)

How I Am Memorizing The Quran Although I Am Lazy / Wedding / Good News To All Muslims!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.