Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) (841 Views)

Is Vinyl Flooring Durable? Understanding The Characteristics Of The Material / Understanding The Necessity Of A Home Automation System / Understanding The True Essence Of Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) by TheSourcerer: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2020
Omar09 doggedfighter Xavier badaatum LordReed hopefullandlord CAPSLOCKED palehair Bojack Xmuslim freethinker01 LostAddict savagethe21st

First the Baby boomers

The generation of Baby boomers is a group of people born from 1943 to 1960. The oldest Baby Boomer is turning 77 in 2020, while the youngest one will be 60. They are parents of Generation X and grandparents of Millennials (early 90s parents).
The baby boomers , are usually our grandparents , they are called boomers because they enjoyed the bloom and boom of babies after the World war ii ended
, Is your grandpa good at English?
Did your grandpa smoke or did drugs ?
If you answer is yes your grandparents are definitely baby boomers , in their time and age the rebelious teens and young adults were known as weed Smoking Hippies

In today's Generation (Gen Z or 'Indomie Generation) what we call 'lazy youths , touts , runnaways and more harshly junkies
Truth is there are always rebels in all generation , as millinials were addicted to novels so are the indomie generation /Gen Z addicted to their phone , and our grandparents to individuality and optimism , their era was one of the craziest and freeiest in all Gens they even came with the phrase
'dance like no one is watching' because yeah no one was watching ,they were all high doing their own stuff

Still as the Boomers grew older they were overly religious oh and yes really had influence on their children who in turn fed it on this generation , more details in a bit

Re: Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) by TheSourcerer: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
The Boomers had a certain standards of how they lived their lives ,
At what age to get married and getting a house
Creteria for marriage
Nessesity for procreation ( which is in fact in contrast with the present generation who are in fact not in a hurry to get married )
We shouldn't forget that before they were baby boomers they were the traditionalist/silent Generation
NB: these generation era share similar events of history together
Like the Traditionalists /Silent Generation we're used to images of war , great depression, frequent March and invention of the sliced bread .they were very practical and were very well subjected to the authorities , they were the 'RESPECT YOUR ELDERS' generation

The Boomers for instance share centain zeal as they were hard working , war trained , wasted less or nothing oh and on the average are more masculine built than the mordern man .

The Boomers had a lot of time on their hands and are mostly responsible for the state of most countries today
The Boomers invented the civil right movement, the red scare , the moon landing , Mordern churches and mosques oh and politics

Gen X Just moved on with the changes they met from the bommers , Politics ,Religion ,basic science

Gen X who were closely monitored by their parents (the Boomers ) had little or no time for changing the status quo they met ,they loved their novels, the government and religious stance all seemed normal , this generation we're one of the strictest generations (yes our parents )

They all shared the Crack Epidemic
The Aids Pandemic
Boom of Serial killings
Auto crashes
And Music

Oh Music also dominated this era , with the invention of music videos ,Rap songs and colored disco parties , oh millennials!

Gen Z /Doomers/Centennials/ Indomie Gen

As opposed to the Boomers who were livley ,outright practical ,and surface emotions ,the doomers were the most depressed , tendency of hiding emotions through emojis , for some reason most males find it difficult to communicate to a female ,

Most Doomers believe they have seen all life has to offer due to the internet and full exposure and are aware of the Worlds conditions and are pessimistic than their optimistic cousins the Boomers who were only concious of the surroundings around them .
The doomer who is usually born around the 90's during the technological stage of the world
Gulped information at an unprecedented rate in a small period of time ,knowing so much in such little time , here they had constant and insatiable flow of information (unlike the Boomers who brought school )
They could literally talk to anyone anywhere in real time anytime , this made the world small and pretty much brought to existence the futility of life .

A large portion of this generation were quick to realize the world isn't as it seems , and the lies from histories before us been dug out , makes us question alot
The Doomers unlike their parents millennials , wanted change but in a bid to find change secluded to themselves to smartphones , headphones locking out the world as a bid to find peace in this chaotic World as they quickly knew the ignorance bliss the Boomers we're living were a lie, and as such rebeled .
As usualy they are the most hated generation
They spend too much time on their phones
Are lazy
Thinkers rather than workers
Femininity amongst males
Weak will
Impusive and insensitive the name calling goes on and on

Now if you followed me up to here you should understand the millinials who had access to freedom in turn gave much more freedom to their children (the Centennials) but those well who were not (like In most African Countries)
Were strick to the Centennials , stricter than the Boomers we're to them. In other ways than one leaving the Centennials depressed , infiriority complex and over well assertiveness of well beign, ober zealous Religiousness like folks like Richeousness89

NB: Millennials and Centennials share the most similarly amongst all other living generations

So there is a lot of chance you end up as overly Religious as your parents or Street Smart as them or just bookworm like them.

For some reason every generation hates the generation that comes after even though we are so similar
Each Generation believes theirs we're better than the last

The Boomers had keeping up with the Joneses
We have keeping up with the Kardashians (more similar than you think)

They had books/Novels We the millennials have the internet and computers ,
Amongst Centennials there these jokes that go around and other generations still don't get ..

Re: Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) by TheSourcerer: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
More boomers Doomers and millennials

Re: Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) by TheSourcerer: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
The Boomer

Re: Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) by Palehair: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
Awesome thread. Each generation have their scores and flaws but I'm gonna stick with my generation, thanks.
Re: Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) by bablos: 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
Yes, they are very conservative, religious and try to instill their old rules and norms in the younger generation. I understand that this is wrong, because the world is not at all what it was before, and we have to adapt to each change. As a child, my parents also tried to introduce me to their well-established rules and norms that they had in their youth, even now I sometimes hear their old-fashioned advice. Since my parents are old-fashioned, they always want to do something, and I spent hours searching the Internet for suitable senior hobbies. As a result, I found a great service that developed guides specifically for baby boomers on how to spend their free time, where to invest, and much more. Now they do not bother me with their advice and only do their own thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding the Gens (Baby Boomer , Millinials and Doomers ) by Octopus3000: 12:48am On Oct 21, 2020
bablos:
Yes, they are very conservative, religious and try to instill their old rules and norms in the younger generation. I understand that this is wrong, because the world is not at all what it was before, and we have to adapt to each change. As a child, my parents also tried to introduce me to their well-established rules and norms that they had in their youth, even now I sometimes hear their old-fashioned advice. Since my parents are old-fashioned, they always want to do something, and I spent hours searching the Internet for suitable senior hobbies. As a result, I found a great service that developed guides specifically for baby boomers on how to spend their free time, where to invest, and much more. Now they do not bother me with their advice and only do their own thing.
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Anonymous Group Releases Tinubu's Contact Pic / I’m Not The Minister Of Public Holidays, Aregbesola Tells Buhari During Minister / tEsLim - Better Ask Him Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.