Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,453 members, 7,781,309 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:13 PM

COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers (20479 Views)

COVID-19: FAAN Threatens To Jail VIPs, Others Flouting Airports Protocols / COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by dre11(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
As the nation’s airspace and airports prepare to reopen to domestic flights beginning July 8, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has issued new guidelines for air travellers amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

According to a statement signed by the Authority’s General Manager, Corporate Affairs, Henrietta Yakubu, “the new Standard Operating Procedure is aimed at protecting all stakeholders and preventing further spread of the Covad-19 virus.”

FAAN stated that all passengers must arrive at the airport properly kitted with their face masks on and ensure a minimum of 1.5m physical distancing.

It added that aviation and Port Health Services personnel would screen each passenger and enforce compliance on the use of face masks and social distancing.

The statement partly read, “Those travelling with pets must get the necessary clearance from Nigerian Agricultural Quarantine Services.

“All passengers’ luggage would be disinfected before entry into the departure halls.

“Passengers are required to wash their hands as often as possible. Hand sanitisers would be provided for passengers before entrance at the waiting halls/lounges and pre-boarding gates.

“All footwear would be disinfected/sanitised by foot mats placed at all entrances to the terminal building, amongst others.

“Physical distancing protocols must be observed at the baggage claim area, where hand sanitiser is also provided. Disinfected trolleys would be made available for passengers.

“All Covid-19 protocols must be observed while undergoing customs check.

“Passengers would exit the halls and head straight to the car park for pick up, If you must speak to anyone around, please speak to a properly tagged Aviation Security officer.”

The Authority implored passengers to make use of floor markings at the security screening area and respect all outlined protocols put in place.

Similarly, the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19, Boss Mustapha, has advised air travellers to “strictly abide” with the new protocols.

Mustapha, who is also the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, stated this during a briefing in Abuja on Thursday.

“Following the announcement of phase two and some new measures on Monday, the aviation sector has announced the 8th, 11th and 15th of July as dates for the gradual resumption of domestic flights.

“We thank Nigerians for their patience and understanding and we urge them to strictly abide with the new airport protocols.

“In the aviation industry, safety and security are paramount and there is only one global aviation standard,” he said.

The country’s airspace and airports had been shut to flight operations in March to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://punchng.com/covid-19-faan-releases-new-guidelines-for-air-travellers/

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by TransflectTP(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Slawormir: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by KINGJAJA888(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
I pray for every nairalander reading this, you shall not sure and you shall not loose any member of your family in JESUS Name. Amen. �

33 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
Good, very soon everything will go back to normal is just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
I go do n comot

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Emytea(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
watin concern me
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by salbis(m): 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
We sabi write excellent guidelines/ protocols in this country, but na the writers' go first breach these protocols. It is safe to say, these protocols maybe obeyed just for couple of days, and the remaining will be history.

18 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by bigdammyj: 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
What about road travellers?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by powalez: 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
My friend told me he lost his sense of smell, before you know it,them come carry am go isolation center.now, everyone has just been thinking if they had contact with him,but the guy keeps telling me he has no Corona and that they are not even treating him,they are only giving him medicine for ulcer,I don't know who to believe now,he is at the Benue State University teaching hospital

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by ODJ124(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
no be Naija again after one or two weeks ...
nobody is gonna follow those guidelines....
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by KINGJAJA888(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Na wa oo. Dem go fit disinfect Okporoko and stock fish wey I wan carry for my bag

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Wettoid123: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
no sneezing, no malarìa
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by officialfysh(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
So person go still get mind carry pet?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Adelivinggreat(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
is there any tailorbricks Ltd applicants here?
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by dynicks(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Self made is all that matters and remains the best !...no time for unnecessary checkups ......

Just make your decision and conclude ..then off you go.....

Haters are free to kiss my ass!..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nigerian government releasing guideline after guideline with no real effect, gaskiya, it is now the survival of the strongest immune system, because as it is, the government has failed us
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Openbusiness2: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ok

Weekend PROMO PROMO PROMO:

Buy 30 units upwards and get free delivery anywhere in Nigeria (except war zones, terrorist areas and bandits locations)

Intelligent Soap / Sanitizer Dispenser For Sale.Brand New North America product with best quality and 1 year warranty.

Check my signature for the link to the thread and contact details.

✓ Offer Valid ONLY FOR THIS WEEEKEND ✓
Thanks for patronage in advance!
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Openbusiness2: 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
bigdammyj:
What about road travellers?
Road is not under FAAN na grin
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by UDUJ(m): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
I knew all this weeks ago. Cannot wait to be with my family again. Loneliness wan kill me during this lockdown period.

It was just self discipline that made me avoid carrying olosho cheesy

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by airminem(f): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
FFTC

I dedicate this to mannagrill
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by mimilogs: 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
Good one. Please stay safe, adhere to the instructions, and comply with the government authorities, it will save your life and that of your loved ones. Coronavirus is not hoax!!

Mimi Logistics remains the only certified logistics company to help you buy, pay your suppliers in China, ship from China or Turkey to Nigeria! We also do local pickup and delivery in Lagos......you don't need to leave your house or shop or office, just chat our customer reps on whatsapp or download our mobile App!
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
my solemn wish is all Nigerian politicians should contract covid 19 and die
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by Chuukwudi(m): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by wolfenstein(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
How long will dey continue with the guidelines, no b 9ja we dey?

Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by captainteejay(m): 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2020
smileyBABAa where you dey go cool
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by ednut1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
Yeye. Nigerians typically have no sense. They wont adhere
Re: COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers by PaulH07: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
UDUJ:
I knew all this weeks ago. Cannot wait to be with my family again. Loneliness wan kill me during this lockdown period.

It was just self discipline that made me avoid carrying olosho cheesy

And xvideos.

No lie ooo wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Easiest Country To Get Citizenship In / Van Runs Into A Valley Before Police Checkpoints In Abia State. Photos / Repairs On Third Mainland Bridge Begins On July 27, To Last 27 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.