Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:43 PM

How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. (48479 Views)

‘How CBN Can Track $26bn Binance Transactions’ - Obinna Iwuno / Is Naira Really Appreciating Against Dollar Or Just Market Manipulation? / Revealed! How CBN Intentionally Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against USD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by coputa(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2020
There's no dollar in the bank but they are plentiful in the black market.Most of the said dollars find their way back to the black market run by the hausa/fulani caliphate.

1 Like

Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by badman007(m): 8:35am On Jul 04, 2020
CBN is the slave masters tool

1 Like

Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by Bluffly: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2020
HIbreed:
tell me which banks, the ones that will frustrate your life to give you 200$ of the 2000$ you requested. The 200$ sef is after visiting many branches.
Hello, I'm not a kid not to know what I'm saying. This are transactions I did myself. I have collected over 2,000
Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by HIbreed(m): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2020
Bluffly:

Hello, I'm not a kid not to know what I'm saying. This are transactions I did myself. I have collected over 2,000
wow, which bank bro and how
Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by Bluffly: 9:02am On Jul 04, 2020
HIbreed:
wow, which bank bro and how
Stanbic and Zenith are the ones I have used so far. Instead of locating branches just visit their regional office or the main in the town. Though I'm in Abuja, availability may vary from state to state.

2 Likes

Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by HIbreed(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2020
Bluffly:
Stanbic and Zenith are the ones I have used so far. Instead of locating branches just visit their regional office or the main in the town. Though I'm in Abuja, availability may vary from state to state.
ok
Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by coputa(m): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2020
Truetalk3139:

the people that vote are less than the people that don't vote, for success to be achieved all hands must be on deck
Are you for real,so they still count vote cast in Nigeria.don't worry,we will all cast our vote come 2023.
Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by Truetalk3139: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2020
coputa:
Are you for real,so they still count vote cast in Nigeria.don't worry,we will all cast our vote come 2023.

amen o, we will 'ALL' cast our votes
Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by Smooyis(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
codedguy1:
So where did the FG in person of Boss Musrapha get his figures from that the CBN is disputing it?

What exactly is the difference between FG and CBN grin

Soon the banks themselves will dispute both the FG and CBN figures.

We watch

No matter what, the wicked cannot be established by their wickedness. shocked shocked shocked
Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by Xuxu208: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
IMO01:
Sharp

I didn't really understand the write up but if it's in the interest of Nigerians then they should go ahead.

I watched a video of audu ogbeh explaining how Nigeria began to fall from the 80's. He said some American professor from havard came to Nigeria to convince Nigerian government to devalue our currency that it was in our best interest to do that. Since then every year they force Nigeria to devalue our currency and increase interest rate. These nation's want Nigeria to fail for their own selfish gain yet nobody talk about the scam America scam on African nations

They can't because the US controls the narrative and as such, this fact is not apparent. Even if it were apparent, Africans have been completely brainwashed by the west such that they look to them for guidance forgetting that they have never and will probably never had good intentions toward us.

1 Like

Re: How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. by Konquest: 12:40am On Feb 29
Islie:
How Central Bank Of Nigeria Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against United States Dollar

https://saharareporters.com/2020/07/02/exposed-how-central-bank-nigeria-deliberately-prevents-naira-appreciating-against-united
Bump.

This request, according to the law firm, became necessary after it was discovered that the CBN had quoted a misleading figure in order to downplay the volume of money sent home by Nigerians in the Diaspora.

For instance, in February 2019, the Nigerian Government disclosed that the remittances received in the country in 2016, 2017 and 2018 were $19.6bn, $22bn and $25bn respectively.

However, the management of the Central Bank of Nigeria faulted the figures, going ahead to claim before the House of Representatives' Committee on Diaspora that contrary to the World Bank’s report, the official financial inflow was $2.6bn for 2018.

Therefore, to the clear the air on the matter, Falana chambers in the letter to the CBN said, “At the 2019 National Diaspora Day held at Abuja in July 2019, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, revealed that the remittances received by Nigeria stood at $19.6bn, $22bn and $25bn in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latest Scam In Town, Kids As Collateral / Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" / How Much Is CEFA Against Naira Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.