Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) (83646 Views)

5-Star Luxurious Ram & Goat Barn With AC & DSTV (Photos, Video) / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Damnnnn Piggga..

Dead Pork/Meat Seller MANABBQGRILLS sends his condolences

He is planning to buy the dead pork meat to boost his business

Cc:
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by sylve11: 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
joxxy01:
Pigvid 2020

I don tire for una. grin cool
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Iceberg3: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
Coneheaded swinez grin
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Born2Breed(f): 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Damnnnn Piggga..

Dead Pork/Meat Seller MANABBQGRILLS sends his condolences

He is planning to buy the dead pork meat to boost his business

Lolz.

This is the type of business they like. Buying dead animals cause they are zombies.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
They shouldn't even be burying those carcasses... They ought to cremate them in an isolated place.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by favour32(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pig wey strong die anyhow?
This one strong pass covid19 o
Avoid the meats o or the disease fit enter humans through consumption of contaminated meats.
Na so China use start o.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by favour32(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Wey that dead meat seller weda
na mannabbqgrill dem dey call am....wey you?
Dead pigs don set..
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Numero9: 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ewo!!!! May thier souls rest in Perfect Peace mehn.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by earnit1: 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
really
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Reference(m): 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Vianna:

Seriously livestock is very a horrible biz if you aren't an expert. Raising chickens alone, you can wake up any morning to find one or 2 dead already. Worse still is that they were active the previous day and not showing any sign of illness. Crop farming is far better.

Watched a docu on National Geographic about some of the largest dairies in the States. The level of bio security there is just mind boggling. Before you can access where the cows are kept you have to kit up with Covid 19 like PPE and go for a scrub. Not a single hair on your head must be loose. They also have IR scanners tracking any animal that runs temperature....serious stuff.

With globalisation comes the added risk of international transmission of infectious diseases. Those in the animal husbandry business must step up their game and start building bio secure infrastructure. Also it is yet another warning that the days of the free range cattle breed aka herdsmen is at an end. Many of these animal diseases are passed across species and a single cattle from Niger Republic can easily unload a storm of infection to a pig, goat, bird farm in say Lagos, Rivers or Edo.

Let us sit up and be proactive. There are challenges ahead.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by chapatti: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pig Farming Business Plan in Nigeria 2020

One of the coolest and lucrative livestock business to think about and venture into. Funny enough, not so many people know about it’s lucrativeness at all. You will agree with me that there is a sharp decline in red meat and increase in white meat and pork meat. This high demand for it has caused an upsurge in the piggery business. So many years ago, i had a friend whose grand mom was into piggery then in sapele. Then I had thought it was an unprofitable business because I didn’t understand who buys pork meat. But today, the story is different because over time I have been proven wrong. From research, pig farmers are few and the demand are much. This is why there is a very high price on pork meat across the nation and Africa.

One of the reasons this business is so cool is that pig farmers don’t need to worry so much about feeds. Because this animal eats piratically anything and this is one thing that makes it so cool. Again their feeds are very cheap and can be sourced anywhere in the country.
If you are very much interested in Lucrative Pig Farming Business In Nigeria, then relax because am gonna be guiding you via all necessary steps involved in starting a Lucrative Pig Farming Business In Nigeria. Trust me, you are gonna make so much money doing Pig Farming Business In Nigeria.
We always update our Pig Farming business Plan In Nigeria. And this business plan can be used for business grant application, bank loan applications, for writing business plan proposals, to write business plan concept notes, for business grant competitions also etc.

How to start pig farming in Nigeria

Having a pig farm is so Profitable that you don’t have to always buy their feeds. It can be planted and this can some you some feed cost. And this process have made it one of the most easiest livestock farm business in Nigeria.

How does one rear Pigs? It all depends on what you want. Do you want a small scale pig farm? Then go for a controlled environment but for a big scale, then go for a free environment. It’s not a capital intensive business. It’s something you can actually afford to start.

Do you know that one Pig can give birth to as many as 10 piglets at once? This is so fascinating my friend. Which means those ones too can give birth as time goes on to multiple piglets too. This means more produce and more money. According to the report from the then commissioner of Agriculture Lagos State in 2014, said that the state alone earns over 500 thousand dollars from pig farming and that the state has potentials of making over $2,000,000 every year from pig farming alone. It was an eye opener for many then and that was how many persons got involved in pig farming business.

Don’t get panicked when you see big pig farms like that of Oke Aro Lagos where they have the biggest pig farm in Sub Sahara, where the number of pigs exceeds 3,000 and you thinking that’s the amount of pigs you need to start. Nahhhh. Just relax and be calm. Oke Aro is managed by Lagos State government. But for starters, you don’t need that big stuff to begin with except you have the financial capability to do so. And that is why am recommending our well up-to-date pig farming feasibility study business plan which have been designed to equip you and give you all the necessary information you need to start this business and also give you an edge in the market place.

Before you set out to start a piggery farm, there are lots of important information to consider. I will be talking about two here.

1. Choosing Piglet to Raise

There are different types and breeds of pigs. And these differences play a great role on you the business man. You must select a breed that suits your environment condition, outdoors or indoors breeds. Just in case you don’t no, Piglets do have a higher protein requirement than the mature ones. Though the mature ones can eat anything but the piglets needs more proteinous feeds which can be bought in bulk.

2. Proper Nutrition For Pigs

Remember that pigs do feed on grains and meats. That’s not all. They feed on vegetables and cooked table scraps. But from research, pigs are more good eating their favourite corn and since there are lots of protein in soybeans, then the should be giving to them. When they are fed with vitamins and some supplements they grow very fast.

According to experts in this field, crossbred do grow faster, strong and at the small time, eat more. This means, when you are buying a feeder its will benefit you more to buy the large and healthy looking ones with at least 25 Ibs. Male pigs grow faster than the female pigs. And go for a male castrated piglets because they grow faster and bigger. Please get our well documented pig farming business plan in Nigeria and get the full details.

3. Pig Farm Sanitation

Though pig themselves are not neat and clean but you have to keep a very healthy environment. This will keep them disease free. You either gonna employ a staff that will b cleaning the pig farm by removing waste products daily. You can get a slotted pen floor to make this work easy on you.

We have prepared a well packaged and documented pig farming feasibility study & business plan that its so rich and can make your investors trust your business idea and thereby raising you the needed capital for the business

Also read >>> Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF 2020

Our up-to-date Pig Farming Business Plan in Nigeria covers all of this and more

To order for our well packaged PIG FARMING BUSINESS PLAN, pay N10,000 to GTBank (Guaranty Trust Bank)
Account Name – Ogumka Innocent
Account No – 0153723721..

Currently we are offering a discount for the month but by end of the month, it’s a noooooooooo discount.

After paying for our Pig farming Business Plan in Nigeria Feasibility/Business PDF, send your email and payment details to 09066078526.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by chapatti: 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pig Farming Business Plan in Nigeria 2020

One of the coolest and lucrative livestock business to think about and venture into. Funny enough, not so many people know about it’s lucrativeness at all. You will agree with me that there is a sharp decline in red meat and increase in white meat and pork meat. This high demand for it has caused an upsurge in the piggery business. So many years ago, i had a friend whose grand mom was into piggery then in sapele. Then I had thought it was an unprofitable business because I didn’t understand who buys pork meat. But today, the story is different because over time I have been proven wrong. From research, pig farmers are few and the demand are much. This is why there is a very high price on pork meat across the nation and Africa.

One of the reasons this business is so cool is that pig farmers don’t need to worry so much about feeds. Because this animal eats piratically anything and this is one thing that makes it so cool. Again their feeds are very cheap and can be sourced anywhere in the country.
If you are very much interested in Lucrative Pig Farming Business In Nigeria, then relax because am gonna be guiding you via all necessary steps involved in starting a Lucrative Pig Farming Business In Nigeria. Trust me, you are gonna make so much money doing Pig Farming Business In Nigeria.
We always update our Pig Farming business Plan In Nigeria. And this business plan can be used for business grant application, bank loan applications, for writing business plan proposals, to write business plan concept notes, for business grant competitions also etc.

How to start pig farming in Nigeria

Having a pig farm is so Profitable that you don’t have to always buy their feeds. It can be planted and this can some you some feed cost. And this process have made it one of the most easiest livestock farm business in Nigeria.

How does one rear Pigs? It all depends on what you want. Do you want a small scale pig farm? Then go for a controlled environment but for a big scale, then go for a free environment. It’s not a capital intensive business. It’s something you can actually afford to start.

Do you know that one Pig can give birth to as many as 10 piglets at once? This is so fascinating my friend. Which means those ones too can give birth as time goes on to multiple piglets too. This means more produce and more money. According to the report from the then commissioner of Agriculture Lagos State in 2014, said that the state alone earns over 500 thousand dollars from pig farming and that the state has potentials of making over $2,000,000 every year from pig farming alone. It was an eye opener for many then and that was how many persons got involved in pig farming business.

Don’t get panicked when you see big pig farms like that of Oke Aro Lagos where they have the biggest pig farm in Sub Sahara, where the number of pigs exceeds 3,000 and you thinking that’s the amount of pigs you need to start. Nahhhh. Just relax and be calm. Oke Aro is managed by Lagos State government. But for starters, you don’t need that big stuff to begin with except you have the financial capability to do so. And that is why am recommending our well up-to-date pig farming feasibility study business plan which have been designed to equip you and give you all the necessary information you need to start this business and also give you an edge in the market place.

Before you set out to start a piggery farm, there are lots of important information to consider. I will be talking about two here.

1. Choosing Piglet to Raise

There are different types and breeds of pigs. And these differences play a great role on you the business man. You must select a breed that suits your environment condition, outdoors or indoors breeds. Just in case you don’t no, Piglets do have a higher protein requirement than the mature ones. Though the mature ones can eat anything but the piglets needs more proteinous feeds which can be bought in bulk.

2. Proper Nutrition For Pigs

Remember that pigs do feed on grains and meats. That’s not all. They feed on vegetables and cooked table scraps. But from research, pigs are more good eating their favourite corn and since there are lots of protein in soybeans, then the should be giving to them. When they are fed with vitamins and some supplements they grow very fast.

According to experts in this field, crossbred do grow faster, strong and at the small time, eat more. This means, when you are buying a feeder its will benefit you more to buy the large and healthy looking ones with at least 25 Ibs. Male pigs grow faster than the female pigs. And go for a male castrated piglets because they grow faster and bigger. Please get our well documented pig farming business plan in Nigeria and get the full details.

3. Pig Farm Sanitation

Though pig themselves are not neat and clean but you have to keep a very healthy environment. This will keep them disease free. You either gonna employ a staff that will b cleaning the pig farm by removing waste products daily. You can get a slotted pen floor to make this work easy on you.

We have prepared a well packaged and documented pig farming feasibility study & business plan that its so rich and can make your investors trust your business idea and thereby raising you the needed capital for the business

Also read >>> Poultry Farming Business Plan In Nigeria PDF 2020

Our up-to-date Pig Farming Business Plan in Nigeria covers all of this and more

To order for our well packaged PIG FARMING BUSINESS PLAN, pay N10,000 to GTBank (Guaranty Trust Bank)
Account Name – Ogumka Innocent
Account No – 0153723721..

Currently we are offering a discount for the month but by end of the month, it’s a noooooooooo discount.

After paying for our Pig farming Business Plan in Nigeria Feasibility/Business PDF, send your email and payment details to 09066078526.

source >>> https://www.bestnigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/pig-farming-business-plan-in-nigeria-2020-how-to-start-feasibility-report/
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by nelszx: 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
Swine flu
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by vickydevoka(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
This is my dear business. I even intend studying piggery in school.
Please which University on Nigeria offers it?
All I've been seeing is fishery,buh fish no get money lyk pig

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by wilsonjeff(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pig farms should be aware of the recent outbreak of African Swine Fever in Nigeria. The sad part is that, this disease is not treatable and there is no vaccine for now.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by wilsonjeff(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
vickydevoka:
This is my dear business. I even intend studying piggery in school.
Please which University on Nigeria offers it?
All I've been seeing is fishery,buh fish no get money lyk pig

Put in for Animal Science.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by vickydevoka(m): 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
wilsonjeff:

Put in for Animal Science.
Dats y I don want to go de University. De will waste ur tym teaching u all de animals. De have poultry n fishery. Y don't de have piggery?
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by funbiano: 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
This disease is foot rot.It is a very dangerous diseases. You can watch you pig eaten now and in the next view minutes they are all dead.It happens in China last two years ago and happen in Lagos 2months ago.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Akayd2(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
It’s has happened in Lagos last month, some farmers even died in giwa. Pigs were buried in masses

Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/07/fears-as-deadly-pig-disease-hits-abia-farmer-loses-millions-in-4-days-photos-video/
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by tundey4all(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
another covid 19 case
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by wilsonjeff(m): 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
vickydevoka:

Dats y I don want to go de University. De will waste ur tym teaching u all de animals. De have poultry n fishery. Y don't de have piggery?

I Nigeria of today, there is no course as piggery in at the polytechnic and monotechnic level. If you put in for Animal Science course, you will go tru Animal husbandry studies, there you can learn about piggery.

I studied Agric Tech (OND) and General Agriculture/Education for my degree, I was taught Animal husbandry wch entails common ruminants and non-ruminants animals. it depends on you. if you love the piggery aspect, then do the research work yourself and learn from farmers that are into pig farming.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by wilsonjeff(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
funbiano:
This disease is foot rot.It is a very dangerous diseases. You can watch you pig eaten now and in the next view minutes they are all dead.It happens in China last two years ago and happen in Lagos 2months ago.

The disease is African Swine Fever.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by niyidenrele: 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
[b][/b]
NextGovernor:
I know how this feel. As a young boy growing up I raised broilers and a certain time I lost almost half of the farm to comboro failure. Baba I almost ran mad. Livestock business is for people that have mind
[b][.. not comboro it's called Gomboro
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by betexplorer901: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
what else do i expect from the latrine state of Nigeria,dirty people,dirty state,corrupt state.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by ardeywhunmmy(f): 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
That's AFRICAN SWINE FEVER, a viral infection with no cure.
You can only prevent. It's actually on the increase in pig farms.
Some necessary precautions to take is : maintain good hygiene, DON'T buy pigs for now, DON'T allow visitors on your farm and DON'T visit other people's farms. Ensure farm attendants go into the pen with farm clothes...as said earlier, there's neither a treatment nor vaccine for ASF. It's a VIRAL INFECTION

1 Like

Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by zeestone99(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
NybenSBF101:
How can I contact the owner. This may likely be caused by an influenza virus

It's ASF. AFRICAN SWINE FEVER. IT HAS NO CURE. IT HAPPENED SOME 9YEARS AGO IN LAGOS BEFORE SPRINGING UP AGAIN THIS YEAR.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Yankee101: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
Don't sell the meat sha
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by pacespot(m): 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
This will leave a terrible offensive odour in the area being an animal rich in fat and protein.
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by stieyven(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:
Kanu must hear this

For abusing our Lord and Personal savior Nnamdi KANU..

Manage this gringrin
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
stieyven:

Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16

Amen and u too sir
Re: Deadly Pig Disease Hits Abia, Farmer Loses Millions In 4 Days (photos, Video) by ronyman(m): 11:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
One poor guy in Umuahia collected loan of 1.5 mil and lost all his pigs. The guy is on the verge of dying. So painful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / The Fastest Way To Kill 51 Catfish. Nigerians Call Man A Murderer (Photos) / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.