Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,758 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. (2391 Views)

Don't Blackmail The Judges, Losers Should Accept Defeat - Mary Odili / Ijaw And Ikewerre Would Fight Over Rivers State Soon~pictures / Kano Election Was 'Democratic', Those Who Are Unhappy Should Accept - Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by omoharry(f): 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Sammy07:

You don't get?

I myself, if not for Nairaland, I didn't know there is Ikewerre anywhere

I see him as an Igbo man, since 2012.

I don't even know there is Ikewerre anywhere.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Most people see him as igbo.

All these rejection or so, is just your internal problem.

Other Nigerians see him as igbo
Dont mind them .When it comes to BIAFRA struggle the ikwerres are Igbo including the Delta Igor but when it comes to politic, mba they are not Igbis but from Port harcourt and Delta. I just pity those Igbos from PH and Delta thinking the Igbos from the five Eastern state see them as one .
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Asgard13: 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
if Amaechi get APC ticket it will bring small problem for PDP. even though Ikwerre are denying igbos but not everybody dey social media . campaigning with the name Chibuike Amaechi and he is also able to speak clear igbo languagei have hear him speak igbo many times he will split our vote by upto 40/60 in the south east and among igbos all over Nigeri it will be a very hot argument .

Amaechi will be a very nasty gamble by the Aso Rock Cabal to split south East vote without giving it to South East Igbos it will be a serious political manipulation

North are not even considering Ameachi in their scheme..
They north are all for retaining power... and if push come to shove... they will support a easterner... and they’ve showed that support. Just that igbos are not getting their act together and Na why dem be igbos

North for like make igbos support Apc.. so it will be easier to give their own Igbo candidate.. Yoruba people are not threat to north or Ameachi

Yoruba make lots of noise.... North no Dey make noise and Yoruba media noise don’t freak or matter to them... because the understand Bayerebe’s
They’re not giving or returning power to any Yoruba man.... mark this.. and Yoruba won’t even make noise ... not even a pin..

North will support a Northerner with a east or south vice...
I don’t know where you based in Nigeria... but here in north ... is obvious... so obvious.. power is not coming south.. talk moreof Yoruba man ..
Yoruba are just making their normal noise and will end in noise
Abiola made same noise...
Awolowo did...

Till the North on their own chose OBASANJO ..

South and east will rather vote for a Northerner with south east Vice then vote Ameachi as President under Apc

And it will divide nothing.... after all the Northerners won’t vote an Ameachi over a Northerner ... they don’t betray ... like those ones in the west ..

Bayerebe is not just a name ... but identity...

You think Northerners are fools? Walahi fa ... they’re the real political Sophisticators.....

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

i want igbo president but we will sacrifice it to see to the total destruction of APC in 2023 if they fail to give the south East their presidential slot we cannot tolerate another 8 years of Buhari like Marginalization by APC

Get ur ticket in pdp dt u labored in..

U didn't labor in APC.. Forget it brah
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Guide777(m): 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
Sammy07:
The Igbos here are forming hate and rejecting Ameachi.

They keep denying Ikewerre that they ain't Igbo.

Or you guys wanna use back door to gain presidency

Imagine, Ijebu people rejecting the Yoruba tag, or Okun / Kwara people rejecting the Yoruba tag because they're in NC.

Ask an average Yoruba / Benin / Hausa or Fulani these names, Ameachi, Chibueke and ask him which tribe does that name is ascribed to.

The answer is Igbo.
In as much Ikewerre is igbo dialect, It remains igbo.

You guys might have internal issues, it's non of the business of other Nigerians.

But other Nigerians see them as Igbos.

If Ameachi becomes president today, mouth will change everything will change, Una go accept them back. grin

Sorry, that works in 1900.
You guys should settle your scores make una no let the presidency of a thing turn hatred to both of you.

Cc:
Igbochief001
Amarabae
Ofoigbo
Whiteangel1234
Asgard13

What do u think?
Op, you are a confusionist. Leave Igbo matter alone, it doesn't concern you.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Goodmarlian: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ikwerres are children of oduduwa just like bini they are not Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Justice35: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
omoharry:
Dont mind them .When it comes to BIAFRA struggle the ikwerres are Igbo including the Delta Igor but when it comes to politic, mba they are not Igbis but from Port harcourt and Delta. I just pity those Igbos from PH and Delta thinking the Igbos from the five Eastern state see them as one .
shatap its the ikweres that keep denying their igboness,they even referred to south east Igbo's as attach by force because we kept regarding them as our igbo brothers, they said they are binis, so we are only respecting their decision, now we no longer recorganise them as igbos, so why blaming we the south east Igbo's??

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

i want igbo president but we will sacrifice it to see to the total destruction of APC in 2023 if they fail to give the south East their presidential slot we cannot tolerate another 8 years of Buhari like Marginalization by APC
How can you make such callous statement? How will the destabilization of APC favour Igbos. I want to believe we have sane political thinkers here and not IPOB members. As long as I’m concerned the moment APC presents an Igbo candidate, the death knell of PDP would be sounded in Igboland.

Left to me, the APC isn’t Buhari. Yes, Buhari may have brought about the dislike on the part of Ndigbo to the party. Even going as far with his marginalization and 5% statement that is unpresidential. Buhari is retiring come 2023 and the party can still retrace their steps, same with Ndigbo.

Sorry to say this Mr White! I’m inclined to see you as a blind PDP supporter, because of how you want to paint the PDP as the next coming of Christ. But I put it to you, that both the PDP and APC are the same! However for the Igbos to clinch the ticket of both major parties as happened in 1999 for the SW, they must have unity of purpose. We must begin to change the narrative by throwing away the useless idea that PDP is good while APC is bad. None of the both parties have Igbo interest at heart, forget the stunt PDP played in 2019 elections. If the PDP really appreciate the SE they should be giving us the Presidential ticket without thinking twice. The idea of fielding an Igbo VP to garner our support despite our foolish loyalty since 1999 will never change my mind towards the parties attitude on us.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
As for the Ikwerres, we Igbos have rejected them. They should meet their Bini brothers for support. Igbos know their own such as the likes of Pat Utomi, Elumelu and Okonjo-Iweala. If per adventure any of the above Anoicha/Oshimili groups want our support, we’ll surely throw our weight behind them. Ameachi and his Ikwerre/Bini people should face front.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Jakemedg(m): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Imagine, Ijebu people rejecting the Yoruba tag, or Okun / Kwara people rejecting the Yoruba tag because they're in NC.

Ask an average Yoruba / Benin / Hausa or Fulani these names, Ameachi, Chibueke and ask him which tribe does that name is ascribed to.

The answer is Igbo.

You guys might have internal issues, it's non of the business of other Nigerians.

If Ameachi becomes president today, mouth will change everything will change, Una go accept them back. grin

You guys should settle your scores make una no let the presidency of a thing turn hatred to both of you.

Cc:
Igbochief001
Amarabae
Ofoigbo
Whiteangel1234
Asgard13

What do u think?
True i see Ikwerres as igbos
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Jakemedg(m): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
omoharry:
Ikwerres and delta igbos are not the same. From my observation most SE igbos only have issues with ikwerres not Delta igbos

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by fulanimafia: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

Amaechi will be a very nasty gamble by the Aso Rock Cabal to split south East vote without giving it to South East Igbos it will be a serious political manipulation

Not just that, the winning party will also succeed in getting a block vote from the SS (which even has higher voting numbers than the SE), and a major bulk of SW votes, especially if PDP parades rejected Atiku or any northerner.

Rotimi Amaechi is simply the perfect candidate, after Osibanjo of course wink
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by IkwerrePikin: 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sammy07:

You don't get?

It's uneducated people who are your likes that doesn't know that ikwerre is not Igbo just like same type of people would think the entire North is just Hausa and Fulani all because of they are not expose and they don't read.

But the educated people, who are also exposed knows and understand.

Congratulation you're becoming exposed to understand the people who make up your country. Thank God for nairaland.

Try to also enlighten those close to you, this is 2020.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Sammy07: 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

It's uneducated people who are your likes that doesn't know that ikwerre is not Igbo just like same type of people would think the entire North is just Hausa and Fulani all because of they are not expose and they don't read.

But the educated people, who are also exposed knows and understand.

Congratulation you're becoming exposed to understand the people who make up your country. Thank God for nairaland.

Try to also enlighten those close to you, this is 2020.

What are you saying??

How do you expect me to know?

You bear the same name, culture, you both understand yourself clearly If either speaks,

So what exactly are you saying ??

Just like my home town claiming were different from the Yoruba

Meanwhile we bear the same name, culture but they can't understand us if we speak

Who will take us serious?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Taba21: 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sammy07:

The answer is Igbo.

Cc:
Igbochief001
Amarabae
Ofoigbo
Whiteangel1234
Asgard13

What do u think?

You're struggling behind volcano instead of you praying to see the end of 2020 as jihad encroach you're here talking about 2023, are you God?

Nigeria needs depopulation in whatever way because lots of people in this country are dumb without knowledge.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sammy07:

The answer is Igbo.

Cc:
Igbochief001
Amarabae
Ofoigbo
Whiteangel1234
Asgard13

What do u think?

I always say and maintain that liberalism is a sign of mental disorder.

For Christ sake and crying out loud we are talking of Igbo presidency and not Ikwerre presidency ... can't you get it?

You should have asked what is the meaning of chibuike Amaechi then I will explain to you the meaning of the name in igbo and get an Ikwerre person anyway to do same.

Which future are you actually talking about?

Ikwerre is an ethnic nationality...

Get the message and not the content.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
Taba21:

You're struggling behind volcano instead of you praying to see the end of 2020 as jihad encroach you're here talking about 2023, are you God?

Nigeria needs depopulation in whatever way because lots of people in this country are dumb without knowledge.

LMAO

Who vex u today?...Lol
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by richie240: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
We even have igbos in d sw.
Haven't u heard of ijebu-igbo?
cool

PS:
Abeg na joke o, b4 dilector comman join Ogun state to biafla!

Make I laff small biko. Person cannot comman goan kill himself!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by DiagnoPolitics: 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
yoruba wants to tell SE and SS who to accept and who not to accept, while his brown roof is on fire in Kwara. grin grin
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by IkwerrePikin: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sammy07:

What are you saying??

How do you expect me to know?

You bear the same name, culture, you both understand yourself clearly If either speaks,

So what exactly are you saying ??

Just like my home town claiming were different from the Yoruba

Meanwhile we bear the same name, culture but they can't understand us if we speak

Who will take us serious?

Ikwerre and the Igbo do not practice 100% the same culture. There are some part of the Ikwerre culture that is similar with the igbo, same way it is similar with the ijaw,ogoni and other niger delta ethnic groups which is why we are Africans with similar culture and background with our unique differences too.

Ikwerre and Igbo do not speak same language but share some few words and meaning together just like you have Benin and Yoruba use the word “omo” and speak similar language with it’s own uniqueness due to the relationship between the two tribe over the years, that is the same instance with Ikwerre and Igbo. Even Urhobor people in Delta state share similar language with Isoko, itshekiri share similar language with part of ondo state. So sharing similar words and meaning with the igbos shouldn’t be looked upon to say we are Igbos, it’s not done like that.
If ikwerre speak, igbo can not understand everything, some of them will tell you what kind of language are we speaking, that it sounds so confusing even though we share similar words, expect those igbos who have lived in Port harcourt with the Ikwerre people will find it easier to understand.

We have different light style. Igbos are known for business, we Ikwerre people do business but we are not known for that, we invest more in farming and infrastructure.

We have Ikwerre names that igbos do not understand, and also share some similar names with different meaning with the igbos.

So we might have been influenced by the igbo culture due to intermarriage and how igbos dominated port harcourt over the years before the war, it’s still very clear that we know who we are and where we come from which is the Benin Kingdom.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Sammy07: 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Ikwerre and the Igbo do not practice 100% the same culture. There are some part of the Ikwerre culture that is similar with the igbo, same way it is similar with the ijaw,ogoni and other niger delta ethnic groups which is why we are Africans with similar culture and background with our unique differences too.

Ikwerre and Igbo do not speak same language but share some few words and meaning together just like you have Benin and Yoruba use the word “omo” and speak similar language with it’s own uniqueness due to the relationship between the two tribe over the years, that is the same instance with Ikwerre and Igbo. Even Urhobor people in Delta state share similar language with Isoko, itshekiri share similar language with part of ondo state. So sharing similar words and meaning with the igbos shouldn’t be looked upon to say we are Igbos, it’s not done like that.
If ikwerre speak, igbo can not understand everything, some of them will tell you what kind of language are we speaking, that it sounds so confusing even though we share similar words, expect those igbos who have lived in Port harcourt with the Ikwerre people will find it easier to understand.

We have different light style. Igbos are known for business, we Ikwerre people do business but we are not known for that, we invest more in farming and infrastructure.

We have Ikwerre names that igbos do not understand, and also share some similar names with different meaning with the igbos.

So we might have been influenced by the igbo culture due to intermarriage and how igbos dominated port harcourt over the years before the war, it’s still very clear that we know who we are and where we come from which is the Benin Kingdom.

Okay, understood!
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by 24SEVEN: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Sammy07:

You don't get?

You claimed to have lived in PH before. Anyone who lives in PH for even 1day must know about Ikwerre. But now you have only known about Ikwerre from Nairaland. grin.

Which am I to believe.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Commonsense99: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2020
grin
Igbos just want their Biafra.
Y'all should stop this childish nonsense threads you are opening up and down.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by EagleNest(m): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2020
You are only claiming Igbo now for political expediency and afterwards you revert to default. Anyway the North have a way of deciding who comes to the centre of power as far as the whole South remains disunited.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Kamanuozuzu: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2020
But when IPOB say "Ikwerre is Igbo", u'll say they're land grabbers, attachee by force.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Dedetwo(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2020
Sammy07:

The answer is Igbo.

Cc:
Igbochief001
Amarabae
Ofoigbo
Whiteangel1234
Asgard13

What do u think?

Are you mentally okay? Chibuike Amaechi has never denied been Igbo and had publicly contested it. The issue for Chibuike is not Ikwerre but his political patronage to his father land. Any Igbo person in the position of Amaechi will have the same problem he has now. No single steel of railroad has been laid in Igbo land. Amaechi has been busy with construction of railway in Ibadan and Kanura Namoda

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Dedetwo(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Unfortunately my auntie is married to an Ikwerre man and have not remotely seen any deviant in culture from Igbo. If there is any, please state it and I am asure it is not different from the ones found among Igbo communities. I understandard Ikwerre more than Wawa or Izza. In fact, Nsukka is another huddle.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Dedetwo(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2020
omoharry:

You kept mute when some of them were running around shouting they were not Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by Dedetwo(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
Igbos just want their Biafra.
Y'all should stop this childish nonsense threads you are opening up and down.

More so, Republic of Igbo land where people will have no limits ascend.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by IkwerrePikin: 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

Unfortunately my auntie is married to an Ikwerre man and have not remotely seen any deviant in culture from Igbo. If there is any, please state it and I am asure it is not different from the ones found among Igbo communities. I understandard Ikwerre more than Wawa or Izza. In fact, Nsukka is another huddle.

Because you live with your aunty’s husband who you claim is ikwerre makes you understand everything about the Ikwerre tradition to the point you have ruled out that there are no difference? Is that how you learn completely everything about people’s culture? And did you not read where i said that there are areas where Ikwerre share similar culture with igbo just like other tribes share cultures too across each region in Nigeria and Africa at large.

If you aunty truly got married to an Ikwerre man, engage him and let him teach you. But don’t come here to say you have not seen any difference and I should name if any. Very soon you come here to say, your aunty’s husband who is ikwerre said Ikwerre is igbo.

On 1st of October this year, try and attend the Iwhuruohna (ikwerre) cultural day! And listen from prominent sons and daughters of Ikwerre to know more about ikwerre people and our origin to Benin Kingdom.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by bigwig071(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
We all know the your votes are uselass.
Re: Igbos Should Accept Ikewerre, To Avoid Further Problems In The Future. by bigwig071(m): 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Just focus on your life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aba: A Commercial City Of Sorrow, Forgotten, Abandoned By Her Own Leaders / The Only General That Has Not Gotten Presidential Pardon. / Rabui Musa Kwankwaso Commissions Another Flyover In Rivers Built By Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.