Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape (61370 Views)

Court Sends Four Men To 20 Years In Prison For Kidnapping Mike Ozekhome / Kiki Mordi Accused Of Threatening Seyitan, D’banj’s Rape Accuser / Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Justseyii: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
This wàhálà don dey loud oh undecided

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by baby124: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Lol Gofundme ke? Falana de collect N60m.She can't sue dbanj for her arrest though.She can only sue the police for that and mind you the police has the constitutional right to arrest anyone as part of their investigations
Not when the matter is in court or without a court order. The arrest was illegal.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by MartinsD12(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
kidap:
Dbanj procured the services of controversial and foremost Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mike Ozekhome (SAN), to slam a libel suit of N1.5 billion naira on the Ms. Seyitan, a lady who had accused him of rape.

The accuser, Ms. Seyitan, had alleged that Dbanj raped her on December 31, 2018, at Glee Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos.

She revealed that the popular musician after acquainting with her at a party earlier where she had turned down his advances for intimacy –

– had driven all the way from Eko hotel where he was staying and came down to Glee hotel in Victoria Island at midnight 2.40 am

– collected her room’s spare key from the receptionist and forcefully gained access into her room threatening to walk her out of the room naked if she refused him even as he kept his fingers in her vagina and repeatedly raped her.

Hence, On Thursday, 18, 2020, events took a turn as varying reports emerged of D’banj’s arrest of Seyitan.

Information gathered revealed that some policemen allegedly acting on the instruction of the singer, reportedly detained Seyitan for over 24 hours

– and made her delete all chats, social media posts, and other vital information related to the matter from her phone.

However, The incident elicited a wide range of criticism on social media with Nigerians calling out D’banj for intimidation and abuse of power.

Take a look at the statement from Mike Ozekhome

Source: https://wotzup.ng/mike-ozekhome-sues-seyitan-for-1-5-billion-naira-accusing-dbanj-of-rape/
Very good she should come forward and defend herself or be jailed forever

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by rhodonitestore: 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
Wow
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
And this one too calls himself a lawyer.

Suing in big claims is something expected only from a wannabe lawyer.

They should go and prepare their defense rather than trying to intimidate with big claims that no one will pay.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by enonche85(m): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exc2000:
Men are rising to fight back

This one no be Joseph of the Bible era

For pulling cloth n run Joseph still go jail o.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exc2000:

How is a litigation a means to silence the girl? If anything it's a chance for her to speak in a court of competent jurisdiction rather than social Media

If your father , brother or son got accussed on social media, and you as a daughter , sister or mother got stigmatised as related to a rapist, what would you have them do?

My guy, I just shake my head and jump pass many post on Nairaland. Many of the posters are either drunk or mentally derailed.
Imagine! Someone came out to say I raped her, and I sue her for 1billion and some sick guys are saying trash.
If she believes its her right to label me a rapist, its my right also to sue her for any amount I dim fit. She should come out with her proofs.

2018 event, you are coming out in 2020.

Ridiculous

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by bluefilm: 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nice move.

That bitch needs to be taught a very painful lesson for character assasination.

Let me now see how many dicks she's gonna suck and mount to get that amount of Billions.

Bitch. sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
generationz:
Lol, I saw 1Billion Million naira. This is coming from the chambers of a so called SAN. grin

Dbanj is a clown. First, you sue the girl for 100Million naira to silence her now 1 billion to make her cower in fear.

The most important thing for any sane celebrity right now would be to clear his name and get a public apology but he keeps increasing the money knowing fully well the girl can't pay just to intimidate her.

The way Dapo is going about this issue, he is exposing himself that he is really scared.

I don't believe the girl will win except she has strong evidence but I believe she is telling the truth.

Some men will quote me now accusing me of supporting her without proof but they are supporting dbanj here without proof too. We all have a right to believe whoever we want to.

If you quote me to throw insults, thunder will fire you.

I hope you know your belief means nothing.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by martowskin1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
Evercurious:

God ll surely help and have mercy on women .. Emotional blackmail is really an issue with women

Black mail how, she is the one black mailing dbang here.

Or do u expect him not to defend him self. U people keep crying foul and acting victim.

This lady came out with a serious alligation to destroy his brand of over 20yrs.

He lost his endorsement in the process. And for now no brand will come to him.

His life is going down the drain and u expect him to just sit down because she is a woman.

Remember he is a woman one son, he is a woman husband, his someone father.

If she doesn't have an evidence, then she should face the drama. Let all those feminist pushing her come for her rescue

17 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
baby124:

Not when the matter is in court or without a court order. The arrest was illegal.
Lol the police do bot need any court order to arrest anyone in the course of their investigations.BTW this is the first time this case is going to court

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by greggng: 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Is not logical that she lounged in a hotel and they hotel gave dbanji the spare key of the room she rented....is she now saying the hotel is partners in crime with dbanj? This doesn't add up...I will believe her if she says dbanji rented the hotel for both of them to Bleep each other but after fucking she was discharged without enough money so she decided to expose him for being a stingy man...

12 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Evercurious(f): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

They should go and prepare their defense rather than trying to intimidate with big claims that no one will pay.

Really? I just blame these men for not dealing ruthlessly with all these wicked women from hell that have been commisioned to destroy their image and reputation.. Pls be REALISTIC and stop reasoning like an average woman with their emotional talks.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by morris477(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Since 2018 there is no report and why can't you pay 1.5billion to Dbanj for defamation of character

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

It is beginning to look that Seyitan is the one to prepare for any defence

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Amaefuleteddy: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Way to go..

Na man you be D'banj..

All these nonsense must stop..

Say No to false accusations..

grin grin grin

I swear smiley

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Evercurious:

Really? I just blame these men for not dealing ruthlessly with all these wicked women from hell that are hell bent on destroying their image and reputation.. Pls be REALISTIC and stop reasoning like an average woman with their emotional talks.

It doesn't look like this was meant for me.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Chemist009(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Are you fed up with the status quo Nigeria is today? Join us here https://www.nairaland.com/5942435/nigerian-youths-lets-get-together Search and join our telegram group (nigerianyouthsaretired) pls retweet and follow
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Chithauri(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Sue her!
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Boss13: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Intimidation. She should countersued Dbanj for N2.5billion for emotion stress and public humiliation. During disposition, Dbanj go talk whether he rape am or not and if he lies that's another crime - perjury that would be added to the criminal case.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by angelfallz(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
generationz:

Why did he get her arrested?
Why is he increasing the money?

She can be sued and they have their day in court. But you I know she cant afford 1billion naira.

Even pastor krest only asked for a million naira which was a reasonable amount for the Dakolos.

Dbanj and his lawyers are clowns.

have you read the news lately?

3 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Judah95(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
generationz:

She can be sued and they have their day in court. But you I know she cant afford 1billion naira.

Even pastor krest only asked for a million naira which was a reasonable amount for the Dakolos.

You have made no sense . Your comments are dumb. Grow up kid

7 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Boss13: 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

It is beginning to look that Seyitan is the one to prepare for any defence

It's intimidation tactics to bring her to the negotiating table. A judge might not even review the case.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Blackdisciple(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Exc2000:

D'banj didn't arrest her, Mike ozekhome SAN filed a law suit, got a court summon , served the girl the order and approached the police when she never responded

If I accuse you of murder or theft online what would you do?

Bro I don't know what to do .....

but what can one do.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Emaprince: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
generationz:
Lol, I saw 1Billion Million naira. This is coming from the chambers of a so called SAN. grin

Dbanj is a clown. First, you sue the girl for 100Million naira to silence her now 1 billion to make her cower in fear.

The most important thing for any sane celebrity right now would be to clear his name and get a public apology but he keeps increasing the money knowing fully well the girl can't pay just to intimidate her.

The way Dapo is going about this issue, he is exposing himself that he is really scared.

I don't believe the girl will win except she has strong evidence but I believe she is telling the truth.

Some men will quote me now accusing me of supporting her without proof but they are supporting dbanj here without proof too. We all have a right to believe whoever we want to.

You are actually lacking sense seriously. You just so foolish!!

Just read the nonsense you wrote. Ediot.

It was right for her to falsely accuse him and ediots like you will judge him in the social media court. But now he stood up to fight to clean his image you are spewing gutter to make him look stupid.

It shall never be well with you. Ediot

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Boss13:
Intimidation. She should countersued Dbanj for N2.5billion for emotion stress and public humiliation. During disposition, Dbanj go talk whether he rape am or not and if he lies that's another crime - perjury that would be added to the criminal case.

You have absolutely no idea about how the Law works.This comment above is one of the most stupid comments I have ever come across

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Evercurious(f): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
martowskin1:

Black mail how, she is the one black mailing dbang here.

Or do u expect him not to defend him self. U people keep crying foul and acting victim.

This lady came out with a serious alligation to destroy his brand of over 20yrs.

He lost his endorsement in the process. And for now no brand will come to him.

His life is going down the drain and u expect him to just sit down because she is a woman.

Remember he is a woman one son, he is a woman husband, his someone father.

If she doesn't have an evidence, then she should face the drama. Let all those feminist pushing her come for her rescue

I simply meant she is blackmailing Dbanj cos thats what some devilish women from the pit of hell do

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by frozen70(f): 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
kidap:
Dbanj procured the services of controversial and foremost Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mike Ozekhome (SAN), to slam a libel suit of N1.5 billion naira on the Ms. Seyitan, a lady who had accused him of rape.

The accuser, Ms. Seyitan, had alleged that Dbanj raped her on December 31, 2018, at Glee Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos.

She revealed that the popular musician after acquainting with her at a party earlier where she had turned down his advances for intimacy –

– had driven all the way from Eko hotel where he was staying and came down to Glee hotel in Victoria Island at midnight 2.40 am

– collected her room’s spare key from the receptionist and forcefully gained access into her room threatening to walk her out of the room naked if she refused him even as he kept his fingers in her vagina and repeatedly raped her.

Hence, On Thursday, 18, 2020, events took a turn as varying reports emerged of D’banj’s arrest of Seyitan.

Information gathered revealed that some policemen allegedly acting on the instruction of the singer, reportedly detained Seyitan for over 24 hours

– and made her delete all chats, social media posts, and other vital information related to the matter from her phone.

However, The incident elicited a wide range of criticism on social media with Nigerians calling out D’banj for intimidation and abuse of power.

Take a look at the statement from Mike Ozekhome

Source: https://wotzup.ng/mike-ozekhome-sues-seyitan-for-1-5-billion-naira-accusing-dbanj-of-rape/

Water don pass Garri

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by fredoooooo: 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
generationz:

People like you are the problem of this country o , so you will go and look for trouble and you will still tell them how to deal with it .. false accusations should be treated like rape too ..

16 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
generationz:

I know your type girl ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags / US-Based Nigerian Bodybuilder, Michael Chidozie Dies After Being Shot By Wife / 6-Year-Old House Help's Facial Skin Cut & Flushed! (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.