Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape (61368 Views)

Court Sends Four Men To 20 Years In Prison For Kidnapping Mike Ozekhome / Kiki Mordi Accused Of Threatening Seyitan, D’banj’s Rape Accuser / Seyitan Babatayo Rape Accusation: D’banj Reacts, Demands N100m Compensation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by ehinmowo: 1:05am On Jul 04, 2020
Kingnelson9:
I would like the lady to hire some1 like femi falana (san) ,the drama wil be awsome!!

Femi Falana will miraculously manufacturer a video of DBanj leaving Eko hotel on the said date and time. A video of him entering the girl's hotel, a video of him at the reception, a video of him entering and leaving her room, going back to his hotel, her ticket to an event that Dbanji attended, etc. ?

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Naijaarchive(m): 1:08am On Jul 04, 2020
Chai D’Banj yaff vex finish grin where the woman wan see that kind money grin
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by ehinmowo: 1:17am On Jul 04, 2020
greggng:
Is not logical that she lounged in a hotel and they hotel gave dbanji the spare key of the room she rented....is she now saying the hotel is partners in crime with dbanj? This doesn't add up...I will believe her if she says dbanji rented the hotel for both of them to Bleep each other but after fucking she was discharged without enough money so she decided to expose him for being a stingy man...

For one, she is a dumb liar. She said DBanj left Eko Hotel by pass 2 am to come to her hotel. Seriously?

Even me that is not very busy does not have that time. Then collect keys to get into her hotel room. You must be kidding me!

I would love this girl to go to jail for this rubbish. By the time they check Eko hotels record on the said date, two things needs to happen to corroborate her claims. First DBanj lhsve to odg in that hotel on that day. 2. DBanj drove out of the hotel on that date and time and came back. Then her hotel video needs to show DBanj driving into her hotel, show DBanj at the reception, show DBanj trying to enter her room and coming out.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by ehinmowo: 1:18am On Jul 04, 2020
Boss13:
Intimidation. She should countersued Dbanj for N2.5billion for emotion stress and public humiliation. During disposition, Dbanj go talk whether he rape am or not and if he lies that's another crime - perjury that would be added to the criminal case.

You get sense so?
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Naijaarchive(m): 1:21am On Jul 04, 2020
foxxydude:
How was dbanj able to open the door with another key, when her key dey the other side of the door?
grin

grin maybe after locking it she removed it nd kept it in her purse... grin just maybe grin
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by manikspears: 1:23am On Jul 04, 2020
Exc2000:

The law is simple, when a suit is filled and the defendant keeps dodging the court summons, then police must have to serve her the court papers (similar to a case of tenant dodging quite notice)

The 1billion damages isn't about what she can afford, it's damages D'banj is entitled to, she either pays in cash , asset forfeiture or serve jail term

D'banj just spoke for many voiceless accused men like Joseph in the Bible and I hope this case is pursued to the last full stop so as to serve as deterrence to people who wants to use false rape accusations to send people's husband , father , son , brother to jail over bitterness

You people should keep flexing your muscles,she go kuku ma run go Kenya commot naija for nna cheesy . Someone can not play with dbanj again? Na person wey nna see na him nna go sue , just watch and see.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by ehinmowo: 1:23am On Jul 04, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Seyitan's position is very simple. She will be defending herself against a lawsuit. She should be able to disprove at least one element of D'Banj's case.

D'Banj has the major work to do. He must prove every element of his case. How would he prove that he didn't rape Seyitan?

Let's wait and see.

That you are lettered is baffling. One of these would send the bitch to jail. A video showing that DBanj did not leave Eko hotel during the period or a video showing DBanj did not enter her hotel during the period or enter her room or collect keys at the reception.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:29am On Jul 04, 2020
ehinmowo:
If it's not a bot that helped you type this, then you must have acquired literacy ability somewhere.
Before anyone talk about court, let's examine the issue with educated mind.

You mean DBanj would leave his hotel and drive all the way to another hotel by pass 2 am, go and meet a receptionist to collect key to somewhere's room who has not given prior instruction to that effect, raped her, then go into his car and drove all the way back to his hotel room? Even you that is not as busy as DBanj does not have that time.

noooooo. he should call her and take appointment with her before raping the babe, ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!

DBanj would toast a girl with virtually no name, she rejected and DBanj went ahead and raped her?
Tell me any celebrity that DBanj could not control with a phone call to his hotel room?
Please let's not lose common sense to the wind.

stop writing rubbish... just as he may not be guilty of that crime, he could well be. if you automatically believe that he isnt guilty just because he is Dbanj (aka your favorite artist), then you are greatly mistaking. many famous people hate rejection, because they are so high out of themselves that they believe that NOBODY could/should turn their advances down. checking the hotel camera for that said evening could solve this issue, if they were still available today.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by ojuu4u(m): 2:21am On Jul 04, 2020
tbarrister:

That thunder will kill you first . while we must encourage victims to step forward to expose their abusers but we must also discourage false accusations and jilted spouses or angry ex from using rape accusations to defame someone's character and reputation. Its like you have no idea how painful it is to be falsely accused of a disgusting act such as rape. Why must she wait for more than a year before she raised the alarm and she didn't report to the authorities. There are many human/woman right that would have swung to action and they'll be able to gather some evidence against him maybe after examining her body and other details that can be used to uncover the truth..... we need to be fair to men too. I have experienced a fake rape allegation against my friend by our female mutual Friend in my room. They exchanged words and nearly got physical but I prevented them from even touching each other, only for the girl to grab her phone and she started calling her parents and some cultists that a guy attempted to rape her. Till today I've refused to speak to her even after she apologized . #SAYNOTORAPE. #SAYNOTOFALSEACCUSATIONS.

Those type of lady don't need to be considered like a complete human being. She is the type of lady that accused dbanj.

Women have one common negative attribute...... When relationship with guy gone sour, they wish worst thing to happen to him.

Most women are less concerned about feelings of men being hurt but theirs must be fully protected.
(One of the reasons they traumatise men with their indecent dressing, yet nobody should
complain)

Women can do anything! I mean anything to have fame..........dating famous guys, dancing half naked with musicians in a video footage, false accusations, even going naked.

7 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Ishilove: 2:28am On Jul 04, 2020
Let the truth prevail.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by ojuu4u(m): 2:42am On Jul 04, 2020
pocohantas:

Enough of this “go and read”. You that have read, bless us with your superior wisdom. Ahnahn!

He made mistake, he was supposed to tell you to go and re read without being prejudice......... for the way you read, you read like a fault finder.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by dinachi(m): 2:57am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:
Lol, I saw 1Billion Million naira. This is coming from the chambers of a so called SAN. grin

Dbanj is a clown. First, you sue the girl for 100Million naira to silence her now 1 billion to make her cower in fear.

The most important thing for any sane celebrity right now would be to clear his name and get a public apology but he keeps increasing the money knowing fully well the girl can't pay just to intimidate her.

The way Dapo is going about this issue, he is exposing himself that he is really scared.

I don't believe the girl will win except she has strong evidence but I believe she is telling the truth.

Some men will quote me now accusing me of supporting her without proof but they are supporting dbanj here without proof too. We all have a right to believe whoever we want to.

If you quote me to throw insults, thunder will fire you.

Edited: For the people quoting me, show me where i said going to court was wrong on dbanjs part? grin It's good to read well before commenting.

You that is a lesbian rapist, how many of your victims have you destroyed their lives, shattering their innocence and causing them irreversible emotional and physical trauma? Otondo lesbian shegoat, it your girl was right and has evidence to prove her allegations, suing her for 500 trillion will not stop her from winning or make her scared! You are the one that is scared because you know that an evil opportunist like you is about to be taken down megally!

Asshole face your front, Borehole!

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Emrixx(f): 3:16am On Jul 04, 2020
[quote author=Liposure post=91353486]Honestly speaking, i'm shocked at your comment. And u are a woman. Smh

Pls don't quote me again
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 04, 2020
kidap:
Dbanj procured the services of controversial and foremost Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mike Ozekhome (SAN), to slam a libel suit of N1.5 billion naira on the Ms. Seyitan, a lady who had accused him of rape.

The accuser, Ms. Seyitan, had alleged that Dbanj raped her on December 31, 2018, at Glee Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos.

She revealed that the popular musician after acquainting with her at a party earlier where she had turned down his advances for intimacy –

– had driven all the way from Eko hotel where he was staying and came down to Glee hotel in Victoria Island at midnight 2.40 am

– collected her room’s spare key from the receptionist and forcefully gained access into her room threatening to walk her out of the room naked if she refused him even as he kept his fingers in her vagina and repeatedly raped her.

Hence, On Thursday, 18, 2020, events took a turn as varying reports emerged of D’banj’s arrest of Seyitan.

Information gathered revealed that some policemen allegedly acting on the instruction of the singer, reportedly detained Seyitan for over 24 hours

– and made her delete all chats, social media posts, and other vital information related to the matter from her phone.

However, The incident elicited a wide range of criticism on social media with Nigerians calling out D’banj for intimidation and abuse of power.

Take a look at the statement from Mike Ozekhome

Source: https://wotzup.ng/mike-ozekhome-sues-seyitan-for-1-5-billion-naira-accusing-dbanj-of-rape/

Well! This does not mean he will be getting 1.5bilion at the end of the case. Even if he wins, the court has a duty to access the damages and award what is fair just and equitable. The court may decide to award nothing at all.

I guess the head claim is a public apology which will do him good. The rest fit be shakara.

This will serve as a deterrence to others who don't have evidence. If you have suffered rape, do not keep quiet. Defend your name and seek justice, but have your evidence ready and neatly packaged. The court breaths and lives on evidence not stories.

But if you in anyway contributed or consented to the sexual intercourse, please do not out of guilty conscience accuse another. Proving it will be difficult. The standard is beyond reasonable doubt and it's not easy to satisfy.

But D'banj has a duty to first prove that he was unfairly accused of rape and the damages the accusation has occasioned him before the baton passes to the defendant.

Las las I see out of court settlement. Both parties have boxed themselves into a corner. The court is going on vacation this month and by the time she resumes in September, the steam who fizzle out and Nigeria must have moved on. We have short memory syndrome as a Nation, so no one really cares.

We all live in the moment and that is it. Who still talks about the accuser of PST. crest and how his accuser lost in court?

It's not by SAN oooo. Some young lawyers do flog SAN in open court. It's by what you know upstairs and not the rank you hold.

SAN are no longer hungry. Some young lawyers are hungry lions and they consume books and knowledge like it's an obession.

In any event, I sure hope this is not some form of image branding to resurrect his music career. Anything is possible in our dear country.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by crafteck(m): 4:13am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:
Lol, I saw 1Billion Million naira. This is coming from the chambers of a so called SAN. grin

Dbanj is a clown. First, you sue the girl for 100Million naira to silence her now 1 billion to make her cower in fear.

The most important thing for any sane celebrity right now would be to clear his name and get a public apology but he keeps increasing the money knowing fully well the girl can't pay just to intimidate her.

The way Dapo is going about this issue, he is exposing himself that he is really scared.

I don't believe the girl will win except she has strong evidence but I believe she is telling the truth.

Some men will quote me now accusing me of supporting her without proof but they are supporting dbanj here without proof too. We all have a right to believe whoever we want to.

Edited: For the people quoting me, show me where i said going to court was wrong on dbanjs part? grin It's good to read well before commenting.

Na dem... Una push person reach burial ground
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by OlawaleBammie: 4:29am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:

Shut up ogbeni, thunder no dey fire anybody cus of Ur trashes...

If I was dbanj I wouldn't even ask for money, I will make sure I see her off to 20yrs imprisonment.

As u really here saying she's saying the truth, eehn make dem call the receptionist on duty den na make she definitely com talk rubbish and she should join her in prison.

ABI, as a receptionist how can a stranger request for one of Ur customers keys without being informed prior.??

Awon Olodo osi, den no wan work but dem need money and fame.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by ahahnow: 4:29am On Jul 04, 2020
Ivyhairline 
Fcmb 

Whoever owns that account scammed me. Ladies beware. I am still waiting for my wig since March
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by OlawaleBammie: 4:31am On Jul 04, 2020
ahahnow:
Ivyhairline 
Fcmb 

Whoever owns that account scammed me. Ladies beware. I am still waiting for my wig since March

Lol, sorry

But na by for to wear wig?
grin grin
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Joshforeal: 4:48am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:

Baba for Law Court, typos don't affect the subject matter o. If she loses penren, na gofundme sure pass ooo
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Badgers14: 4:49am On Jul 04, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Way to go..

Na man you be D'banj..

All these nonsense must stop..

Say No to false accusations..

grin grin grin

What if the lady is telling the truth??
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:04am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:

You are confused
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Egoveen: 5:22am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:

Why did he get her arrested?
Why is he increasing the money?

She can be sued and they have their day in court. But you I know she cant afford 1billion naira.

Even pastor krest only asked for a million naira which was a reasonable amount for the Dakolos.

Dbanj and his lawyers are clowns.
SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE STICKING A KNIFE TO THE CHEST OF IDIOTS LIKE YOU WHO REASONS FROM THEIR ANUS...IDIOT.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by tiredoflife(m): 5:26am On Jul 04, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:
The lady should sue back for N100b for unlawful arrest and detection, emotional assault and trauma, manipulation of her phone, threat to life and bodily harm. Nobody has monopoly for madness. After they made her to erase phone first! Guilty conscience!
Once fame comes, everything about their lives is women as if that's what the world is about. He lived his whole life with prostitutes, he can't deny that! He should face whatever comes his way, nobody is dragging Jazzy, falz, Adekunle gold etc.

Well known for defending questionable people!
#alwaysliveright
#yourpastwillhauntyou

Come u know dapo b4
Cos me know am
And hmmmmmm u dey yan oh
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by dalass(f): 5:27am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:

The only sane person to comment on this topic so far!

Why should they first of all arrest her, make her delete all her chats, proofs of what she has as evidence if he was so sure he didn't do it

When raped victims don't come forward, we can see why.... Upon the trauma of bring raped, pressures, intimidation and outright arm twisting to the victim just to make them drop it. Many sadly are being killed after rape to silence them permanently.

Let all NL men remember they have a mom, sisters and daughters before jumping at criticizing anyone who comes out. Countless others can't come out cos of the stigma, shame, fear and intimidation from the society

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Egoveen: 5:28am On Jul 04, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:
The lady should sue back for N100b for unlawful arrest and detection, emotional assault and trauma, manipulation of her phone, threat to life and bodily harm. Nobody has monopoly for madness. After they made her to erase phone first! Guilty conscience!
Once fame comes, everything about their lives is women as if that's what the world is about. He lived his whole life with prostitutes, he can't deny that! He should face whatever comes his way, nobody is dragging Jazzy, falz, Adekunle gold etc.

Well known for defending questionable people!
#alwaysliveright
#yourpastwillhauntyou
MAY YOUR SONS(if you have any)BE ACCUSED OF RAPE....stupid woman
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by dalass(f): 5:31am On Jul 04, 2020
Egoveen:
MAY YOUR SONS(if you have any)BE ACCUSED OF RAPE....stupid woman

Are you Dbanj?.. Why ate you cursing her?

She has not said anything wrong. Let's be guided please
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Egoveen: 5:39am On Jul 04, 2020
dalass:

Are you Dbanj?.. Why ate you cursing her?

She has not said anything wrong. Let's be guided please
Wallahi if you mention me again THUNDER will fire you...this is how you bitches go about accusing innocent men of RAPE and you expect me to keep quiet when i see a potential ACCUSER Mtcheww,bunch of smelly pussies.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by mrsteel: 5:44am On Jul 04, 2020
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by fr3do(m): 5:45am On Jul 04, 2020
generationz:

Why did he get her arrested?
Why is he increasing the money?

She can be sued and they have their day in court. But you I know she cant afford 1billion naira.

Even pastor krest only asked for a million naira which was a reasonable amount for the Dakolos.

Dbanj and his lawyers are clowns.

When one is suing for damages, the amount is not set by the financial capacity of the defendant but by the discomfort suffered by the claimant.

D'banj has probably suffered a lot due to the loss of endorsement deals.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by 21cents: 5:53am On Jul 04, 2020
Idonije8:
at first every one was saying dbanj arrested her and now the truth came out he didn’t even do that...i hardly believe lots of lady coming out to accuse men of rape now... when neymar saga came out every one at first believed her..till the video came out she lied! I don’t know what happened oh between dbanj and the lady,I’m not picking side but this is an of “chop clean mouth “lol

how can it be an act of chop clean mouth??

seems you didn't read the story well.

1. girl claims dbanj raped her in 2018

2. she claims dbanj drove at 2am to her hotel

3. she claims dbanj collected spare key from the receptionist to gain access to her room and forcefully have his way with her..

new development: dbanj now charges her to court to prove all these claims or pay damages grin

my verdict: if she couldn't prove those three points Alone, even if it's just point (3) above, she's in deep shyte grin

as a matter of fact, body don dey tell her already as she's realized her mouth don put her for trouble grin

for the ndi feminists using emotions in their posts saying the girl is right, una think say court of law send emotions ni? grin

I can bet my 2 balls dbanj has already won this case provided she can't prove he received spare key from the receptionist and the hotel has no CCTV footage or record of him at that said hours.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by Egoveen: 6:00am On Jul 04, 2020
Emaprince:
You are actually lacking sense seriously. You just so foolish!!

Just read the nonsense you wrote. Ediot.

It was right for her to falsely accuse him and ediots like you will judge him in the social media court. But now he stood up to fight to clean his image you are spewing gutter to make him look stupid.

It shall never be well with you. Ediot
Thank you for this your last comment,it shall never be well with all this feminists supporting Seyitan....with all their SMELLY PUSSIES.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Sues Seyitan For N1.5B For Accusing D'banj Of Rape by donprinyo(m): 6:08am On Jul 04, 2020
How things are done in the right way. Mind the way you tarnish others reputation or else u join seyi

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Uromi Bank Robbery: Video Shows Armed Robbers Carrying Money In Bags / US-Based Nigerian Bodybuilder, Michael Chidozie Dies After Being Shot By Wife / 6-Year-Old House Help's Facial Skin Cut & Flushed! (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.