Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... (73935 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by GIdiata(m): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...The issue is that some people don't understand the implications of the things they read.

They only look at it based on the surface without going further to do a thorough analysis.

Or should I say most of the people supporting her are seeing her actions from the lay man's perspective

on point boss.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kingemek(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2020
SSpeter:

He should forgive her and pray about it.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Wetlink: 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
If I am that your friend ehh, i'll take this as a sign. it's a huge red flag for me.

Maybe she's been hiding this part of her...
but you serve a living Jehovah!

He has exposed her and you are still there asking questions undecided
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...You tried to sound woke but ended up contradicting yourself by calling her action a criminal activity.

Now tell us a criminal offence that doesn't worth a jail term?
Like I said, most of you have done worst. Think of it this way; how many women will call-off a wedding when the guy gets himself into such mess?
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
ClixMaster:
Like I said, most of you have done worst. Think of it this way; how many women will call-off a wedding when the guy gets himself into such mess?

....Will you allow your sister to marry a a guy whose criminal tendency was exposed few days to her wedding?
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nwaonyishi69: 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
God saved this man from a confirmed future life of misery.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by mandate12: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
ednut1:
which woman dey use boyfriend or even husband as next of kin lol. Fake story

Try not to say what u r not sure of.
Thank you.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Cappoditutti: 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
I quite agree with you that there's always a warning signs.
However, I disagree with you that love is blind, it's actually the people in love that are blind, reason why it's people outside who are not blind that can see through and guide them where necessary.

chii8:
Waoo... this is huge,you know....most issues in today's marriages gave a warning sign at the beginning but the "love is blind" saga won't let people use their God given common sense.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Elvis778:

hope you know women? during marriage plans, they try to put up their attitude, but after marriage, you will start seeing their true colour,
now if this is her best attitude,
what will her worst look like?? that's the problem here...
What i meant was that you have been with her for 3 good years, come on! You are suppose to know her in and out by now.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by petitejolie(f): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
This is not much of a reason o if he doesn’t have any other problem with her. Threatening to pause d wedding plan is okay Atleast for her to learn a lesson. She won’t try dat next time knowing it almost cost her a wedding. I mean it’s not easy to marry o. The lady sef is not smart enough for a thief. So one thing i know for sure is that your friend will have a lot of work to do on her cause she seems kinda unintelligent. So except there has been red flags before this one, it’s not much of a problem. He just needs to talk sense into her head.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nuel4:
to me there is nothing to forgive apart from the fact that she hid it from me. Those banks should go and sit down. Do you know how much of my money they've stolen through failed POS transactions? Tell them to refund it they say after two weeks which will now enter months and might even get missing. The banks too should wait. Thunder fire Nigerian Bank. The babe put the guy as her next of kin, how many girls can do that? The boy should go and marry sister Magdalena
I see a good girl in her, one that truely loves him, for her to make him next of kin.
Most women do not make their husband next of kin talk more of a mere boyfriend.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
alllivesmatter:

Bro, Banks do steal actually, but it doesn't justify what the lady did if this story is true. Banks, being corporate organisations would cook up terms & jargons as to why they stole. What would the girl say? Ignorance? Ignorance doesn't overrule the law of nature nor the constitution.

If this story is true.

Then what she did is bad. It's an omen of something bad that may later hit in the future. People shouldn't feel too clingy with money...at all.
I am not saying that what she did was right, but it is not enough reason to call of their marriage.
The OP and his friend must have one time or the other done thesame, we all have done something that is not right.

Did you see the part where he said she made him her next of kin? How many wives can o that, we are talkng about his fiance here.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
DarkJeddi:
You left the issue and started chasing shadows..

Whether banks rob you or not is not a good enough reason to appropriate money that was paid into your account and proceed to deny it when confronted..

That is a lack of integrity and as you can see,this is not a court of law but about marriage..

He can't well have an Angel as a wife but he sure cannot make do with a Devil either..

I hope you are 100% pure also. Just advice the OP not to think of getting married if you call of a marriage plan because of that.

We shouldn't always concentrate on wrong doing, check what that person have been doing good too.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
DominusPrime:

You cant have an angel for a wife or husband but you can choose the kind of demons you deal with.
And you think there are demons without flaut?
The way you people look at some issues, ask the OP why he stayed with a thief for 3years, something kept him there, i bet you he might end up marrying a lady worst than her if he ends the marruage plan.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by intruder15(m): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
Saintinoo:

Those banks are also robbing us, they hardly return the illegal charges on our account.
If you think you can have an angel as a wife, then try and watch your own life and see if you have no fault.

Can u give an example of illegal charge? I don't think bank deducts one's funds illegally. The only issue is that they don't tell one the whole truth. The whole package.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by babalonimi: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Extradite that babe to US asap. Bros run fr yr life!!!
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Missyajoke(f): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Integrity is a Priceless Character!
Very Important in Marriage..
Lack of it could lead to endless woes and pains!

Having said that, Marriage is a life time commitment.. pls if you are not Divinely led to a spouse, pls do not enter..

Pls Be patient for divine guidance in Marriage, it it saves you from lots of struggles and stress..

I say this from Experience..

Marriage is like a Journey, you don't know what it holds..
But if you are guided and led by the Alpha and Omega, the one who knows all, then what he gives to you will definitely be a joy..

100% accurate
It's her type that will sell the husbands property when they're fighting. She's no trustworthy at all. Her type can do and undo.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by AristocraticMe: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
SSpeter:
A friend is calling off his wedding plans because he thinks his girlfriend lacks integrity. They have known for about 3years and he has not complained about her to me or any one.

Problem started when he got a call from the bank pleading with him to tell his girlfriend to reverse/return the excess amount credited to her account when she visited the bank to make a deposit into her account. He called his account officer to investigate the issue. The account officer confirmed that she got excess of what she wanted to deposit and she has moved all the funds to another bank.

She used the guy as her next of kin that was how they could contact him. He called his babe who denied initially but reluctantly agreed when he divulged that the bank contacted him. Dude became angry and paused all wedding plans.

The lady s begging and has cried her eyes out...what do you think? can you compromise integrity...?

I got permission to write about this here incase you think xyz and my friend is a Nairalander!
he has been looking for a way to end the relationship before now, he is just an opportunity to do it........ that's too flimsy to call of your wedding. Finding a good girl is hard.... so if he is calling off the wedding because of this then it shows he already had it in mind before now.

Secondly has he ever lied before ? If his answer is YES then why judge her so much and punish for committing her sin he also commits .... guess what he might actually be worse than that...
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by AristocraticMe: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
How much are we talking about here.... Pay excess money enter my account and be waiting for integrity...integrity bawo... Because she is a woman... She even used the mofo as her next of kin... I need to marry that babe. Hypocrites everywhere!
exactly hypocrites everywhere..... He that is without sin should cast the first stone... yeye people..
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by AristocraticMe: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Look at comments up there figuratively tying d lady to a stake and calling for her head on a spike.

So, this is d reason he wants to call off the wedding? I have no words, posterity will judge.
calling off your wedding for that is stupid... if the man has never lied before then he should go on... but if not, I think he has it in mind to call off the wedding he was just looking for the opportunity
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
brightalo1010:
listen you no get sense
Sorry i missed your mention fool.. I had loads of it to attend to ..can you quietly tell me what Mr integrity would do in that scenario you quoted..
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by naturefellow(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
God loves this guy by giving him this sign!
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by BlackFlamefromP: 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
If I were the guy what would I do?

If she is somebody who has many lovable qualities, and I am sure she loves and respect me a lot I would prefer to give her a second chance based on some conditions:

1) I would give her 2 days to refund the money and strictly warn her that failure to refund the money would lead to the cancellation of the marriage.

2) I would make her understand that whatever she planned to do with that money would not prosper since it's a cursed money because her unwillingness to refund it meant an innocent teller who made the mistake had to pay for it either with his/her own money or with his/her job.

3) if she return the money within the 2 days I gave her I would go ahead with the marriage but warn her that such must never repeat itself again.

4) if she fail to return the money after the 2 days for any reason I would then be left with no option than to permanently cancel the wedding and stop having any form of relationship with her!
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by jaymichael(m): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
How much are we talking about here.... Pay excess money enter my account and be waiting for integrity...integrity bawo... Because she is a woman... She even used the mofo as her next of kin... I need to marry that babe. Hypocrites everywhere!
Sharp guy, I admire your sharpness. You should be very proud of being a smart guy until it is your money that was paid or transferred in excess into another persons account.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
Saintinoo:

And you think there are demons without flaut?
The way you people look at some issues, ask the OP why he stayed with a thief for 3years, something kept him there, i bet you he might end up marrying a lady worst than her if he ends the marruage plan.
You obviously don't understand what I mean by demons if not you won't be saying what is obvious to everybody already. Read what I said again.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
brightalo1010:
Do you know that she also hide away from the guy too? Even when she was asked she lied about it. So what is your point?
Do you know the amount of lies your wife or girl friend has been choking you with...sometimes you keep somebody in the dark for their own good...she might be waiting for the right time before letting him know... He only knew cos he is the NoK...and Nok could have been anybody
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
ednut1:
which woman dey use boyfriend or even husband as next of kin lol. Fake story

thieving/dishonest women who know well in advance to clean their tracks... she probably used that man as NOK because she knew she was about to pull some crazy stunt as the above
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Rexmy:
We all deserve forgiveness, remember! She did something really wrong, fine, but change is constant. The guy shouldn't be too tough on her by canceling the marriage but rather make her see reasons why she needs to be a better person. Moreover, something better must have made them want to come together as one in the first instance.

- lack of trust
- dishonesty
- lies/deceit
- theft

these are foundation that someone MUST possess... you cant teach people to be that way. whatever make them come together shouldnt be a reason to dismiss something more important than the above point. you cant force a dishonest person to be honest, no cant do!

jolarify4:
let her gain something nah

she will gain something...aka SENSE!!!!

izibili44:
hey I am not in support of what the lady has done. The bank will be responsible for the money. So who cares. I made a transfer from utako first bank branch to a friend using same first bank in lagos.using atm transfer. The money was not credited to the guy and was not return bank to me for months. I keep filling forms upon forms. That was why I close my first bank account back then. For someone like me that the bank Rob now. Do you think I will return such money.

but your money was returned at the end, right?!

i understand that you've had a bad experience with the banking system, thus you may be against banks... but guess what? somebody will have to pay for the lost money, and it sure wont be the BANK. so it will either be the cashier who made the mistake or better yet, next year the bank will raise their fees so ALL their customers will have to chip in to repay.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by DarkJeddi(m): 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
Saintinoo:

I hope you are 100% pure also. Just advice the OP not to think of getting married if you call of a marriage plan because of that.

We shouldn't always concentrate on wrong doing, check what that person have been doing good too.
You are free to set your own standards for what you require in a partner in a marriage..

There's a limit to what you can tolerate from a partner..

The fact that no one is perfect does not mean you have to accept anything that comes your way in terms of character..

Or do I have to tolerate a cheat,a Liar,a thief,a gossip,a quarrelsome and nagging woman because am not perfect?

If am married and my partner exhibits a certain trait then I may have to live with it,as it is for better and for worse..

Said trait may lead to termination of a Courtship as am under no compulsion to proceed to marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Hideki(m): 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
gloryon:
the teller called because cash was handed to a customer. In this case, account was credited. That's why reversal codes are there my brother because of over credit and what not. Take care.
how do you reverse what has already left? the best you can do is to lien the account for the excess or entire sum. Now this is the case, what if the customer now claims the cash she gave was what the teller credited and she wrongly filled the deposit slip? teller word vs customer's word..who will win? truth is either way the teller loses. If you want to fight it you need to escalate then you will sanctioned if not dismissed cos most tellers are on contract. now customer can sue you for debiting her account without any instrument. Those days in banking we just call and beg...if the sum is huge we go through details and tty to contact anyone close to the customer. We try to kill the matter in the branch and we try not to inform the operations manager sef..las las you go use your money pay.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Lifepodcastng: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Righteousness89
Are you on Twitter? If yes pls give me your handle so I can follow you pls
post=91349343:

Integrity is a Priceless Character!
Very Important in Marriage..
Lack of it could lead to endless woes and pains!

Having said that, Marriage is a life time commitment.. pls if you are not Divinely led to a spouse, pls do not enter..

Pls Be patient for divine guidance in Marriage, it it saves you from lots of struggles and stress..

I say this from Experience..

Marriage is like a Journey, you don't know what it holds..
But if you are guided and led by the Alpha and Omega, the one who knows all, then what he gives to you will definitely be a joy..

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
jaymichael:
Sharp guy, I admire your sharpness. You should be very proud of being a smart guy until it is your money that was paid or transferred in excess into another persons account.
It was a cash deposit that she made...Shiit happens.. sometimes you win sometimes you lose... Sometimes you are in joy at other times you are in pain just like day and night... Its been thousands of years since manner last fell from heaven...when i meet my fortune or when my fortune meets me i welcome it and celebrate with no apologies...also when my misfortune meets me i endure with a strong heart... In all you do never neglect the power of giving and sacrifice... God works in mysterious ways

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Funny And Cute Wedding Vows / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Man Caught His Wife Pants Down With Another Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.