Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... (73944 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

So what you are saying in essence is that she should not return someone's own hard earned money because the bank also charges indiscriminately.

No one is an angel but integrity is key.
Sure she should return the money and apologize.
But that us is not enough reason to nd the marriage plans. That is my opinion though.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Brightgem:
yes you can end it. It's not JUST BECAUSE OF THIS it's beyond just this one action and how it will reflect in other things. You might excuse it, maybe even eat the money with her, Bonne and Clyde them. His life his decision.
The OP have his decision to make.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Brightgem:
Hush puppy Junior. How are you doing? Can you see the nonsense you just typed cheesy and so because people are not perfect you shd be so unperfect you can steal eh.

Let me help you small, you see that money she wants to eat, it's a banker that will pay for it from his salary or her salary. YOU HEAR? Maybe a contract staff earning 70k working 7 to 7 every damn day.

Don't let me curse you with this comment along with those who liked your comment. Stop excusing bad behavior. And don't give us that BS that no one is perfect.
If you read my comment well, i was against her not returning the money. since she have agreed and she was wrong, he can warn her against repeating thesame thing next time. Do you think it is easy ending a marriage plan months to the wedding?
Did you ask OP why he dated that girl for 3 good year.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
Brightgem:
Hush puppy Junior. How are you doing? Can you see the nonsense you just typed cheesy and so because people are not perfect you shd be so unperfect you can steal eh.

Let me help you small, you see that money she wants to eat, it's a banker that will pay for it from his salary or her salary. YOU HEAR? Maybe a contract staff earning 70k working 7 to 7 every damn day.

Don't let me curse you with this comment along with those who liked your comment. Stop excusing bad behavior. And don't give us that BS that no one is perfect.
If you read my comment well, i was against her not returning the money. since she have agreed and she was wrong, he can warn her against repeating thesame thing next time. Do you think it is easy ending a marriage plan months to the wedding?
Alennsar:

She's not a God fearing lady. Another man's sweat faa
Brightgem:

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by ImaIma1(f): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Saintinoo:

Sure she should return the money and apologize.
But that us is not enough reason to nd the marriage plans. That is my opinion though.

What if he found out she was cheating on him? That is also an integrity issue. Is it enough to end the marriage plans? She cheated someone off his money. It is something to look deeply into.

Because later in the future, if she begins to exhibit different fruits and behaviours of lack of integrity, the same people on this forum will ask if he didn't see the signs before marrying her.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Saintinoo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

What if he found out she was cheating on him? That is also an integrity issue. Is it enough to end the marriage plans? She cheated someone off his money. It is something to look deeply into.

Because later in the future, if she begins to exhibit different fruits and behaviours of lack of integrity, the same people on this forum will ask if he didn't see the signs before marrying her.
You see, neither me nor you know details of what happened, we don't know how they have been living and what attitude she have exhibited before. The guy knows her better, if this is the only wrong she have done then what is the excess of courtship.

If you can check my second comment i said something like if her good outweighs her bad. i have stayed with different kinds and types of women, but if the guy think he cannot marry a woman who will talk someone money then he an end it.

The buttom line here is he should not make any decision in a haste.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by ImaIma1(f): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Saintinoo:

You see, neither me nor you know details of what happened, we don't know how they have been living and what attitude she have exhibited before. The guy knows her better, if this is the only wrong she have done then what is the excess of courtship.

If you can check my second comment i said something like if her good outweighs her bad. i have stayed with different kinds and types of women, but if the guy think he cannot marry a woman who will talk someone money then he an end it.

The buttom line here is he should not make any decision in a haste.

Based on the information he gave, that's what we are basing our comments on. And not what else he hasn't told us.

I am just saying that something that borders on integrity is enough to pause a wedding.

What are the valid reasons acceptable for someone to pause wedding plans? If we check it, it has a lot to do with integrity.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by legionISproteus: 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
SSpeter:
A friend is calling off his wedding plans because he thinks his girlfriend lacks integrity. They have known for about 3years and he has not complained about her to me or any one.

Problem started when he got a call from the bank pleading with him to tell his girlfriend to reverse/return the excess amount credited to her account when she visited the bank to make a deposit into her account. He called his account officer to investigate the issue. The account officer confirmed that she got excess of what she wanted to deposit and she has moved all the funds to another bank.

She used the guy as her next of kin that was how they could contact him. He called his babe who denied initially but reluctantly agreed when he divulged that the bank contacted him. Dude became angry and paused all wedding plans.

The lady s begging and has cried her eyes out...what do you think? can you compromise integrity...?

I got permission to write about this here incase you think xyz and my friend is a Nairalander!
We still know it is you....friend kee you dia cheesy
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by ledaman: 9:19am On Jul 06, 2020
kalufelix:
I hear you.. But how come our society is so rotten and corrupt.. Does integrity only matter online... I hope you know that doing business with excess profit and taking advantage of a pandemic is thieving... I can give you numerous examples in the nigerian way... Integrity goes beyond returning someone's handbag. 6 out of 10 persons will only do so out of fear of CCTV and getting caught eventually...3 from the remaining 4 will only feel the handbag is not a big catch... There may just be one true honest person or none...
Our society is rotten due to bad leadership and foundational problems, but irrespective of that one should stand firm on integrity bro.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by ArcToyin(m): 10:58am On Jul 06, 2020
Where is the place of grace? Cant he give her second chance after all she has not be doing such according to your narration. He who is without sin should cast the first stone. Disclaimer: Am not justifying her action.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by DukeNija(m): 11:03am On Jul 06, 2020
Wetabix:

Ogbeni hide your face ordinary 100k enter your account mistakenly.. You go empty ham act good online offline true nature comes out

Not everybody is like you. Wtf is 100k is that money?
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by DukeNija(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2020
Emmypam:
Most people making noise here have collected loans and refused to pay

That is very different man. Many circumstances can impede their decision to pay including loss of Job etc. This was a deliberate attempt to swindle. She’s a criminal.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by DukeNija(m): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2020
ArcToyin:
Where is the place of grace? Cant he give her second chance after all she has not be doing such according to your narration. He who is without sin should cast the first stone. Disclaimer: Am not justifying her action.

If God wants to save you from future disasters, he won’t force it on you. He’ll only show you once and the decision is yours.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 06, 2020
DukeNija:

Not everybody is like you. Wtf is 100k is that money?
Where u die dis mata now.. Stop mentioning me.. Wtf is 100k if dem check your account na 5k sef nor go dey..
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by ArcToyin(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
DukeNija:

If God wants to save you from future disasters, he won’t force it on you. He’ll only show you once and the decision is yours.

But in this case, it was the flesh tthat made the decision not God. Even our God gives several chances and warning umpteen times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Man Caught His Wife Pants Down With Another Man / Man Caught Sleeping With Married Woman In Kaduna South, Beaten To Stupor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.