Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:14 PM

How Is Sea Freight Shipping Calculated? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Is Sea Freight Shipping Calculated? (389 Views)

Tax In Nigeria: How Is It Calculated? / Why Sea Freight Shipping Is The Best For Nigerian B2b Importers / Difference Between Direct Freight Shipping And Consolidation Shipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Sea Freight Shipping Calculated? by kuzee(m): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
Hello to those reading this.
Pls i am having difficulty understanding how sea freight Shipping actually works.
Been using express and cargo before.
But am tyna wanting to use sea freight.
I am trying to bring in about 500pcs of a washing machine.
But i don't know how the shipment is calculated.
Can someone pls clear me on this issue
Re: How Is Sea Freight Shipping Calculated? by whouep: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2020
Contact shipping agent, they will help you calculate your goods and custom duty and freight.
Re: How Is Sea Freight Shipping Calculated? by yesloaded: 8:52am On Jul 04, 2020
kuzee:
Hello to those reading this.
Pls i am having difficulty understanding how sea freight Shipping actually works.
Been using express and cargo before.
But am tyna wanting to use sea freight.
I am trying to bring in about 500pcs of a washing machine.
But i don't know how the shipment is calculated.
Can someone pls clear me on this issue
Sea freight is calculated per Cubic metre except you want to ship a whole container then it's a different ball game.

Contact your preferred shipping agent to know their charges

I don't really know dimension of your goods so I can't predict what will be total weight

I can help you calculate the likely shipping cost + total weight provided you give me some info about your goods

You can reach me on Whatsapp 08137750741

Note: I can as well help you ship your goods to Nigeria at cool rate
Re: How Is Sea Freight Shipping Calculated? by tosheeba(m): 9:45am On Jul 04, 2020
As a clearing Agent and according to my own understanding and knowledge , I belief it will be calculate with the weight by cubic meter or tonnes if it’s to be shipped with container either on 1x40 or 1x20 ft , likewise added up with inland fee i.e cost of transporting the items from the owners point to the port of loading depending on the distance to the port of loading .

You can confirm from any shippers overthere to verify the info .

And as per Clearing , the document to be use in clearing such items over here are your packing list containing the items details and their cost , your Bill of lading , your form M , those are the document need to prepare PAAR for the items to the cleared , PAAR is called Pre Arrival Assesment Report , it’s the PAAR that will work out the customs duty to be paid on the items.

You can contact me on my WhatsApp -09068027890, Hotline -07087891487.

(1) (Reply)

. / Looking For Good Rate For RMB And An Agent To Help You Buy Your 1688.com / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.