Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes (3841 Views)

Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Play Device In Nigeria / Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Device In Nigeria / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DigitalCora: 6:20am On Jul 04, 2020
Losing your phone is quite painful especially if you have important files and information stored in it.

A few years ago, if your phone gets stolen, it's as good as gone.

But not anymore.

Today, I'm going to take you through the process on how to track your missing device and recover your stolen phone. This tip is only applicable to android phones only.

For whatsoever reason you discover your phone is missing. Follow these steps:

1. Goto google.com/android/find from another device. Or you can download the Find My Device from Playstore.

2. Log into the website. Enter the email address and password for the Android that you want to find.

3. When you log in, you'll find your device's name on the left portion of the screen. Click on it!

This will trigger the process for Google to begin searching for your phone's location.

4. It shouldn't take too long for your android's location to be determined. (At most, 60 seconds with a fast internet connection).

Once your device's location is determined, it will display on the screen.

5. At this point, you've found your device's location.

Yeah, it's that easy.

But before you proceed to recover your device, here's what you should do before anything else.

When you confirm that your phone has been stolen, contact the financial institution that you use for monetary transactions on the stolen device.

Inform your bank about the state of your phone and instruct them to restrict the number from carrying out any transactions till you retrieve your phone or number.

Why should you do this?

Phone thieves can gain access to your BVN by simply dialling a USSD code on your device. With such info combined with your SMS alerts, emails, and banking app, they can launch and can carry out fraudulent activities and make transactions without your authorization.

I hope this post helped.

Source: https://digitalcora.com

Cc: Lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:36am On Jul 04, 2020
If I steal ur phone I will pull the Sim card off let me see how you will track me

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by MrBONE2(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
If I steal ur I will pull the Sim card off let me see how you will track me
grin

15 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Johnjanrt: 6:45am On Jul 04, 2020
Whoops Informative, but who has tried?
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DigitalCora: 6:47am On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
If I steal ur phone I will pull the Sim card off let me see how you will track me

Having the sim removed is immaterial and it poses no hurdle to the process.

14 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2020
DigitalCora:

Having the sim removed is immaterial and it poses no hurdle to the process.
First of all you need data connection from the stolen phone
Secondly you need location on on the phone
Thirdly you must activated my lost device on the stolen device
So tell me if I pull it the Sim off which means no data connection on the phone and you can't track it without having data connection the only way to track it is using imei no

6 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:01am On Jul 04, 2020
Am telling you based on experience it wouldn't work if there is no data connection

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by yeman1(m): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2020
My Samsung note 4 ,just went lie that .. I have Samsung security .. Find my phone and other Samsung find my mobile.. Two .months old phone. I couldn't track it , the phone was offline going to 2 years now.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DigitalCora: 7:07am On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
Am telling you based on experience it wouldn't work if there is no data connection

Yeah, sure.

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DigitalCora: 7:09am On Jul 04, 2020
yeman1:
My Samsung note 4 ,just went lie that .. I have Samsung security .. Find my phone and other Samsung find my mobile.. Two .months old phone. I couldn't track it , the phone was offline going to 2 years now.

Sorry to hear that.

Whosoever got your device had its data wiped almost as soon as it was stolen.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Zimri(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Boiz dey flash phone, erase everything completely. Tracing it is almost impossible.

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by seanwilliam(m): 8:42am On Jul 04, 2020
Lol, if you lost your android phone.. by gone done by gone niyen.. iPhone is better than android in this respect
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by luckygeee: 9:06am On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:

Bro, even if the phone is switched off you can atill track it and even call the phone and it will ring out. Trust me. Once you enter the Gmail with which you used on your stolen phone, you will see an option to call. You can track the localion and call the phone whether it is switched on or off even without a sim card

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Osobi32(m): 9:46am On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
for ur mind abi..... With the phone seriel number, I will locate my phone

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DigitalCora: 9:59am On Jul 04, 2020
luckygeee:

Bro, even if the phone is switched off you can atill track it and even call the phone and it will ring out. Trust me. Once you enter the Gmail with which you used on your stolen phone, you will see an option to call. You can track the localion and call the phone whether it is switched on or off even without a sim card

Thank you for clarifying it to him.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by EbenezerTriumph: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
how about tracking using Imei?
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:
how about tracking using Imei?
except use imei no but if someone change it say bye bye
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2020
Osobi32:
for ur mind abi..... With the phone seriel number, I will locate my phone
the tutorial there wasn't about phone serial number
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2020
Someone stole my Samsung galaxy a20 I tried tracking it with Samsung built in anti theft It didn't work and used my lost device which only located it while the sim card and data connection was on but after I went offline everything was lost.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 10:26am On Jul 04, 2020
DigitalCora:

Thank you for clarifying it to him.
If you doubt me let me steal your phone angry grin angry
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by FemolasticA: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2020
luckygeee:

Please how is that possible, without Sim
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Tallesty1(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2020
luckygeee:

Bro where I fit meet so you can gimme your android phone and then gimme 2 minutes to walk away before you start whatever you wanna do.

If you ever see the phone again, I will pay you minimum wage.

5 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Pweetyccee(f): 11:53am On Jul 04, 2020
Tallesty1:
Bro where I fit meet so you can gimme your android phone and then gimme 2 minutes to walk away before you start whatever you wanna do.

cheesy
Tallesty1:

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by topsamjo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
MrBONE2:
grin
lol... well, i once recovered a stolen samsung s9 phone... no sim, locatuon turned off too
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DarkJeddi(m): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:

First of all you need data connection from the stolen phone
Secondly you need location on on the phone
Thirdly you must activated my lost device on the stolen device
So tell me if I pull it the Sim off which means no data connection on the phone and you can't track it without having data connection the only way to track it is using imei no
So why did you steal the phone in the first place?
To remove the SIM and use it to decorate your room? sad
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by kmaster007: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
luckygeee:

really
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Reeb2244: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
Na pbone you dey steal abi?
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by jom28gy(m): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
Does Android have password and email?
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Jacku: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
DigitalCora:
Losing your phone is quite painful especially if you have important files and information stored in it.

A few years ago, if your phone gets stolen, it's as good as gone.

But not anymore.

Today, I'm going to take you through the process on how to track your missing device and recover your stolen phone. This tip is only applicable to android phones only.

For whatsoever reason you discover your phone is missing. Follow these steps:

1. Goto google.com/android/find from another device. Or you can download the Find My Device from Playstore.

2. Log into the website. Enter the email address and password for the Android that you want to find.

3. When you log in, you'll find your device's name on the left portion of the screen. Click on it!

This will trigger the process for Google to begin searching for your phone's location.

4. It shouldn't take too long for your android's location to be determined. (At most, 60 seconds with a fast internet connection).

Once your device's location is determined, it will display on the screen.

5. At this point, you've found your device's location.

Yeah, it's that easy.

But before you proceed to recover your device, here's what you should do before anything else.

When you confirm that your phone has been stolen, contact the financial institution that you use for monetary transactions on the stolen device.

Inform your bank about the state of your phone and instruct them to restrict the number from carrying out any transactions till you retrieve your phone or number.

Why should you do this?

Phone thieves can gain access to your BVN by simply dialling a USSD code on your device. With such info combined with your SMS alerts, emails, and banking app, they can launch and can carry out fraudulent activities and make transactions without your authorization.

I hope this post helped.

Source: https://digitalcora.com

Cc: Lalasticlala

Nice info. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by freshkpomo(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tallesty1:

Child of the world lol....

Together we can make Nigeria better.

Say no to old leaders.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DigitalCora: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
Jacku:
Nice info. Thanks

Glad you found it helpful.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by luckygeee: 3:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tallesty1:

Lol. How much is minimum wage bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia Symbian Phone Problem: White Screen Of Death(wsod) / The Sandisk Memory Card 200gb Has Been Released. Guess The Price? / I Need 4gb Ram 64gb Rom Phones And Where I Can Buy Them. Suggestions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.