Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me (5498 Views)

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me / Have You Gotten A Good Job From Nairaland? / I Just Got A Job From Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Your luck. What's mine.

It's a big shock hearing all you said about me on 411info. I'll message the boss and ask him to add me back to 411info. I need to have a chat with you. No one, I repeat, no one ever had an issue with me in that company. And I also want your number. I'll record our group call with the boss and send it here. I'll go back to 411info. So shocking someone from there will say all this about me. Everyone there knew me as a bright and active person. This is by far, the most mysterious thing I've ever seen in life. Haba, not in 411info, can't even be.

After all I did there. How? Just how would someone say such about me on 411info. It's not possible. I'm joining that group to have a chat with you. You have a lot to explain

4 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2020
lawrence1998:

It's a big shock hearing all you said about me on 411info. I'll message the boss and ask him to add me back to 411info. I need to have a chat with you. No one, I repeat, no one ever had an issue with me in that company. And I also want your number. I'll record our group call with the boss and send it here. I'll go back to 411info. So shocking someone from there will say all this about me. Everyone there knew me as a bright and active person. This is by far, the most mysterious thing I've ever seen in life. Haba, not in 411info, can't even be.

After all I did there. How? Just how would someone say such about me on 411info. It's not possible. I'm joining that group to have a chat with you. You have a lot to explain

See as you dey damage another man labour.

Mind explaining to yourself not me what you implied here...

It's a big shock hearing all you said about me on 411info.

You're living in delusions

I get work. I won an 800k gig

Good luck wrestling with yourself

2 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

So should we bow to you because of 800k? What you posted was very wrong and in a lot of way shamed my reputation in a place where I did the very most for. You were wrong and you knew it. Okay tell me one, even if it's one time I did someone wrong in 411info

I've messaged the boss. He said he doesn't want be to comeback and start a fight there. 800k keh. And you're working for N2500?
Go back and ask Dem in 411info and correct all your statement you wrote here.
YOU KNOW I CAN SUE YOU FOR THIS and your 800k will be used to bail you out. Correct all your statements here now

9 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by Pineapplelove: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

411info. David, I know you too much. Check all I communicated if it's alien to you or you exhibit the traits or not

Look at you arguing all over the place with your client. Smh
pay the guy for his hard work. this is obviously your alternate

36 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by merieam16(f): 9:43am On Jul 04, 2020
Lobatan
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by Pineapplelove: 9:43am On Jul 04, 2020
lawrence1998:

You're very funny. If truly you knew me from 411info then I wonder what you're saying. Argumentative keh? Did you know what I did for 411info? I never had any issues there.
Still I haven't worked for 4 years though.

Till now. Me and 411info boss still talk. We've never had a quarrel, never had an issue, infact he called me yesterday and we were playing like friends. Person that senior me by far fa. 411info was one of my best. I built their website for FREE. Yes, that's how close we became so I'm wondering who's talking. Send me a DM to my number. No one in 411info had an issue with me, I still speak with all of them, plus the workers
he is trying to derail the thread. That should be obvious to you. Open another thread and restart thus same thread

9 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by samtol4(m): 9:44am On Jul 04, 2020
Pineapplelove:
pay the guy for his hard work. this is obviously your alternate
Well said . Instead for the guy to ask for his money ,he is busy arguing unnecessarily ..Some Nigerians can torment and oppressed you with stories

8 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by doggedfighter(f): 9:55am On Jul 04, 2020
lawrence1998:
Should I share the screenshot of our chats and the person's profile picture??
Please share

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by ff0000(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Pay this guy his money na.
Abi na which kain nonsense be dis?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by doggedfighter(f): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I hear you

I spoke to whom I did not based on this altercation but from my intimate knowledge of him.

Plus you highlighted an interesting scenario I also did. Communication goes along way in customer clientele relations and I can boldly say too many nairaland employers are rude. However rude communication shouldn't be meter with less than tact communication to not entangle issues. In the end, it's better people observe whom they work with. Personally, once I notice character flaw in any employer of any kind. I cut communication and terminate work with such an employer. It's a thing to look out for. But the pseudo God status many employers exude when interacting with them is at best resolved by either walking away or communicating intelligently with then without further making things bad with less than proper communication

Have a nice day
I'm sure you have a grouse against the Op. It's obvious you're not talking about the issue at hand because I didn't see where he disrespected his client.

10 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by bragamycin: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2020
lawrence1998:
Good day my dear nairalanders,

While we keep waiting for our dear country to become better, they're many people adding to the sorrows of young Nigerians. I met this person claiming to be offering writing jobs yesterday on nairaland and I contacted the person. I asked her to pay me N5 per word but she mocked me and said she'll only pay N1.3 per word. For the sake of having a work experience on my CV, I agreed and she gave me a topic to write on. I'll post all what I wrote here. After which the person claiming to be a married woman starting saying I did rubbish, this is not how to write and before I'll say jack Robinson, I was blocked.

Don't know if that person is truly a woman or not but I wrote up to 1148 words articles and I wasn't paid. This happened yesterday. Here's the phone number of the person +234 813 547 9257 and as at yesterday, she claimed to be the wife. So I'll be posting my article here, pls send and tell me what's wrong with my writing

There is really no need dropping her number and complaining here. To me , she was even too patient with you. She said add SHOPIFY. She is your client for god-sake. Rather you were arguing with her. It means when you are in an organization, you can simply easily go against the orders of your superiors to drive home your own desires.

8 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by seanwilliam(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2020
bragamycin:

There is really no need dropping her number and complaining here. To me , she was even too patient with you. She said add SHOPIFY. She is your client for god-sake. Rather you were arguing with her. It means when you are in an organization, you can simply easily go against the orders of your superiors to drive home your own desires.
they were both right.. the op was trying to bring in his own idea.. why the client wanted something different..

I smell foul play when client blocked him and pretended not to see the correction the op made

That being said

Lawrence stop arguing with redphoenix he just dey distract u from the topic.. if he is the client in question then do everything within your reach to get your money back..

8 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by bragamycin: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2020
seanwilliam:
they were both right.. the op was trying to bring in his own idea.. why the client wanted something different..

I smell foul play when client blocked him and pretended not to see the correction the op made

The only thing that is annoying here is that the guy accepted 1.3 naira per word. Men who does that kinda shit? I am not a writer but I know that money is poor when you have spend money on data to surf the internet for information and spend at least an hour writing

That being said

Lawrence stop arguing with redphoenix he just dey distract u from the topic.. if he is the client in question then do everything within your reach to get your money back..
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by bragamycin: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2020
seanwilliam:

That being said

The only thing that is annoying here is that the guy accepted 1.3 naira per word. Men who does that kinda shit? I am not a writer but I know that money is poor when you have spend money on data to surf the internet for information and spend at least an hour writing

2 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by seanwilliam(m): 10:39am On Jul 04, 2020
bragamycin:

that is what average Nigerians like us who choose to earn a living in a rightway face...

Shey e fit carry that kind work give huspuppi?? cheesy

9 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by ArticleBeast: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2020
Well, most freelance writers get jobs at the rate of $5 on Fiverr. Fiverr takes out 20% leaving them with $4. Now you know why they pay low rates.

Secondly, I believe there was a miscommunication on the writing style. You failed to ask the employer about the writing style. You were writing in a conversational manner.

Thirdly, post the monicker and picture of the person.

One of the reasons I hire Kenyans only. Nigeria writers have dealt with me to the extent they nearly sent me to the village.
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by gift2xl: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2020
Y block the dude.

1 Like

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by grim33(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2020
Please gimme your Kenya link abeg I need a good writer.
ArticleBeast:
Well, most freelance writers get jobs at the rate of $5 on Fiverr. Fiverr takes out 20% leaving them with $4. Now you know why they pay low rates.

Secondly, I believe there was a miscommunication on the writing style. You failed to ask the employer about the writing style. You were writing in a conversational manner.

Thirdly, post the monicker and picture of the person.

One of the reasons I hire Kenyans only. Nigeria writers have dealt with me to the extent they nearly sent me to the village.
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by ikennamadu1(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I won't even hire David for free funny. Not in this life time. So if you're thinking I'm that employer sorry for yourself. This one is an unstable dude I could never tolerate
Don't come here to condemn peoples effort.. Last warning... You will get a lifetime ban...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2020
bragamycin:

Gbam. You're the other person that has captured what I also saw and addressed.

The urge to want to prove right argue needlessly without a game plan. That irresistible urge to want to be right, confrontational and arguementative

This guy can't work in a unit and is not a blessing to any team he joins
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by fatymore(f): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2020
That Red whatsoever is evil and a blackmailer...

Leave the young guy alone

8 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2020
ff0000:
Pay this guy his money na.
Abi na which kain nonsense be dis?

Smiles. Clown
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2020
fatymore:
That Red whatsoever is evil and a blackmailer...

Leave the young guy alone

R u okay?
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2020
lawrence1998:

So should we bow to you because of 800k? What you posted was very wrong and in a lot of way shamed my reputation in a place where I did the very most for. You were wrong and you knew it. Okay tell me one, even if it's one time I did someone wrong in 411info

I've messaged the boss. He said he doesn't want be to comeback and start a fight there. 800k keh. And you're working for N2500?
Go back and ask Dem in 411info and correct all your statement you wrote here.
YOU KNOW I CAN SUE YOU FOR THIS and your 800k will be used to bail you out. Correct all your statements here now

Smh. You won't take corrections easily. I live you with more sad tales to tell. Don't say people didn't tell you to work on your character.
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by dada01(m): 11:19am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Yinks. I know your character. Very very well and you can't get beneath my skin

It's for your own good o. Your character stinks

You know what? You are nothing but a Big Bully and a internet troll, I think u re related to the client dat gave him the job *spits*

10 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2020
dada01:

You know what? You are nothing but a Big Bully and a internet troll, I think u re related to the client dat gave him the job *spits*

Smiles. Sorry but I'm not. And you're the ones who are emotional who from reading a few well scripted lines got emotionally influenced. This individual I've known for years. But today, I just chose to ignore my previous ways of looking the other side to address issues head on. In the end so he can reflect and make corrections and be better.
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by Ayojideonline(m): 11:30am On Jul 04, 2020
lawrence1998:
Good day my dear nairalanders,

While we keep waiting for our dear country to become better, they're many people adding to the sorrows of young Nigerians. I met this person claiming to be offering writing jobs yesterday on nairaland and I contacted the person. I asked her to pay me N5 per word but she mocked me and said she'll only pay N1.3 per word. For the sake of having a work experience on my CV, I agreed and she gave me a topic to write on. I'll post all what I wrote here. After which the person claiming to be a married woman starting saying I did rubbish, this is not how to write and before I'll say jack Robinson, I was blocked.

Don't know if that person is truly a woman or not but I wrote up to 1148 words articles and I wasn't paid. This happened yesterday. Here's the phone number of the person +234 813 547 9257 and as at yesterday, she claimed to be the wife. So I'll be posting my article here, pls send and tell me what's wrong with my writing

First observation of mine is you didn't do much verifying the actual identity of the person before doing the work. That said, you should have known the type of person you were dealing with when you were being mocked for your charges, before you did it ! Please be more observant, All the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by Amaechi2023(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:
David, I have crossed paths with you in the past four years atleast five times and know you closely to speak a word or two with you.

While many people will view this thread and sympathise with you. I choose to see something deeper and if you would permit, would speak to you.

You are too combative, and for a male too argumentative. These traits will affect you going on in life if you live it unfixed. Being combative, contentious and confortontational only at best generate negative energy and turns relationship sour.

You're in a hurry to get the apex you don't know you destroy things in your path

You keep talking about how good you are and how you're worth this and that and Bla Bla Bla. And I just feel sorry to say this. Your attitude will keep ruining things for you if you don't improve on it

I wish you the best
folks like you have abused humility.
You tend to exploit people and still expect them to remain calm while you still underpay them.

Bros Na who mumu mumu oo.
I no dey humble myself for folks when they exploit their fellow human.

10 Likes

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2020
Amaechi2023:
folks like you have abused humility.
You tend to exploit people and still expect them to remain calm while you still underpay them.

Bros Na who mumu mumu oo.
I no dey humble myself for folks when they exploit their fellow human.

Na so.

Na me employ am? Or are you blind that the employer asked for a specification consistently and it wasn't heeded to

Learn to dissociate feelings from reality. A client demands must be met to be paid. It's an absolute business rule
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by phemmyfour: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:
David, I have crossed paths with you in the past four years atleast five times and know you closely to speak a word or two with you.

While many people will view this thread and sympathise with you. I choose to see something deeper and if you would permit, would speak to you.

You are too combative, and for a male too argumentative. These traits will affect you going on in life if you live it unfixed. Being combative, contentious and confortontational only at best generate negative energy and turns relationship sour.

You're in a hurry to get the apex you don't know you destroy things in your path

You keep talking about how good you are and how you're worth this and that and Bla Bla Bla. And I just feel sorry to say this. Your attitude will keep ruining things for you if you don't improve on it

I wish you the best
Agreed with you...not until his client almost lost interest in the deal, that was when he agreed to add "Spotify" as one of the examples of e commerce

1 Like

Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by RedPhoenix: 11:36am On Jul 04, 2020
phemmyfour:
Agreed with you...not until his client almost lost interest in the deal, that was when he agreed to add "Spotify" as one of the examples of e commerce

Good. God bless you o. You can see

He was arguing and arguing and arguing till the client lost energy

Talent without attitude will cause frustrations like this. I'm good, I'm good is what they will say about themselves. But they won't be able to maintain healthy working relationships with clients for long period of time.

This is what I'm pointing him to work on. That's being misunderstood here
Re: I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me by Tolex4real9: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Smh. You won't take corrections easily. I live you with more sad tales to tell. Don't say people didn't tell you to work on your character.
You have issues, big one.

No offense

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Vacancy In A Fast Food In Warri, Delta State. / Sil Resources / Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.