Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) (116110 Views)

I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel / Cannabis, Tramadol Top Drugs Seized By NDLEA In 2017 / 10 Criminal Cases That Shook Nigeria In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by medolab90(m): 1:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Discombulator:

Your head is correct, and for the people who don't know how bad the USA prison system is,ask me questions and I'll tell you why it is better to die in your home country than to go to jail in the US as a foreigner

Tell us more about the mode of operation, Life, feeding and living generally.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by madjune(m): 2:23am On Jul 05, 2020
20 yrs in a US prison is like 10yrs.

There's a way they calculate it.
He won't be gone for the whole 20yrs.

But, that's not the scary thing about it.
The scary thing is the load of hard labour he would be subjected to through the 10yrs.

A year's hard labour is enough to make a 20 year old man look like he's 50 years; talk less of 10 years.

This guy is better off hanged.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Crispels(m): 2:52am On Jul 05, 2020
madjune:
20 yrs in a US prison is like 10yrs.

There's a way they calculate it.
He won't be gone for the whole 20yrs.

But, that's not the scary thing about it.
The scary thing is the load of hard labour he would be subjected to through the 10yrs.

A year's hard labour is enough to make a 20 year old man look like he's 50 years; talk less of 10 years.

This guy is better off hanged.

That's not true. He is gonna spend at last 17years in prison if he is sentenced to 20 years in prison. Read about the US Justice system.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by overlord77: 3:05am On Jul 05, 2020
Pineapplelove:
Please pay attention to what I am about to say. It may not appeal to your moral sentiments but you can conclude what you like.

What you see on social media is no true reflection of reality. Nonetheless, my sister's and brothers, strive to be the best. Struggle to achieve the best things in life, even if it's not for you, do it for your children.

A part of me blames hushpuppy but then again he is a product of a broken society. A society which is a den of all forms of corruption, from the top echlon to last sector of our community. If you doubt my submission, pick up any national daily newspaper if you will not see a familiar face who has been accused of scam/corruption but roaming freely with a wild beam of smiles.

Whatever crimes hushpuppy or Invictus obi committed were not necessarily done on Nigerian soil. There associates too would definitely not be only Nigerians but whites and Arabs. Let's move on with our lives and take back Nigeria ... That should be the real struggle and not digging puppy's insta

Meanwhile, something to laugh at below

If you say a part of you doesn't want to blame "hush" but the society, then let me ask " what makes up the society, trees"?
Maybe we all need to buy guns and hit the road on a robbing spree since the country is messed up.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by sunshine1974(m): 3:15am On Jul 05, 2020
madridguy:
Number 1 law of hacking is you must learn to conceal your identity.

Imaging using your exhibit email address for your banking details yet still opening it for the world to see.
no criminal have bin able to perfectly do that bro. You must make a mistake that gives you out. It is a crime remember
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by AreaFada2: 3:21am On Jul 05, 2020
madridguy:
Husshpuppi is not careful at all.

Actually he was careful. If not he would not have got away with for so long. Upon the high level flaunting. Me thinks he added money laundry for his associates along the line.

But no matter how clever, an error will always occur. Something he won't know was significant.

Money is too powerful and ONLY very few can control themselves when getting obscene money easily.

If not he could have left yahoo years back. Clean up his tracks and enter legit hustle. But it's easier said than done. grin cheesy
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Adiwana: 3:48am On Jul 05, 2020
AreaFada2:

Actually he was careful. If not he would not have got away with for so long. Upon the high level flaunting. Me thinks he added money laundry for his associates along the line.

But no matter how clever, an error will always occur. Something he won't know was significant.

Money is too powerful and ONLY very few can control themselves when getting obscene money easily.

If not he could have left yahoo years back. Clean up his tracks and enter legit hustle. But it's easier said than done. grin cheesy

Nah,he wasn't careful. For him to get away with it for years means a real professional hacker was behind the scenes doing his job correctly by cleaning his trails. He probably had that at the back of his mind and that's what gave him the heart to be showing his face on SM cause no way was his face going to be pinned on those loots. It was the urge to show off that attracted attention that brought him down. If dude was off social media,would've been really difficult to get to him.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by AreaFada2: 3:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Adiwana:

Nah,he wasn't careful. For him to get away with it for years means a real professional hacker was behind the scenes doing his job correctly by cleaning his trails. He probably had that at the back of his mind and that's what gave him the heart to be showing his face on SM cause no way was his face going to be pinned on those loots. It was the urge to show off that attracted attention that brought him down. If dude was off social media,would've been really difficult to get to him.

Lol. You forget the power of money to intoxicate.

Nigerians are generally the worst scammers. They eat and put oil all over their face. Way too loud and ostentatious. Always the same errors.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by IMASTEX: 4:21am On Jul 05, 2020
light099:
There's always an irresistible urge to flaunt and misbehave; inherent of sudden wealth, especially when it's stolen.
Perfect analogy, I would not need any arrest or fact checking to know someone making money in a wrong way. It is a common psychological thing. Same way, those politicians could have been easily grabbed and kept in an underground prison. I.e. One of my state governor who was just a petty tailor, before joining the civil servant. Later, he became governor for just 8 years. And now he can boast of Billions. "He had a bank statement as a tailor & civil servant thus the maximum balance in his account is known". As a governor, what he earns is also known for 8 years. How did he become a billionaire?!
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by 1Sharon(f): 4:46am On Jul 05, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Well I do hope so for him. But obviously the US is made up of largely Christian population. Muslim society is really a minority tiny population.

Yes the country is mainly Christian, but Islam is the dominant religion in prison among blacks.

Allahu akbar.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by madjune(m): 4:49am On Jul 05, 2020
Crispels:

That's not true. He is gonna spend at last 17years in prison if he is sentenced to 20 years in prison. Read about the US Justice system.

Who told you that?

20yrs is half its term in the penal lexicon.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by armyofone(m): 5:02am On Jul 05, 2020
Aha! The crook using the greatest crook device grin

You can never be smarter than the great USA! They invented everything the crooks are using to commit fraud!

ostechno:

Even the greatest hackers are getting caught
Hackers use onion router (TOR) to hide their identity on the internet, guess who developed (TOR), it's the CIA
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 05, 2020
RonaldoVido:
Few stupid boys keep saying Hushpuppy is still better than 90% of Nigerians.

Only an unexposed idiot will reason that way.

Watch a documentary on US maximum prisons and see how notorious criminals are kept.

There are things humanbeings should not imagine.
he'll still come back to his loot jare...... pls rest amd stop insulting up and down joooor
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by donbrowser(m): 5:37am On Jul 05, 2020
madridguy:
Number 1 law of hacking is you must learn to conceal your identity.

Imaging using your exhibit email address for your banking details yet still opening it for the world to see.
Dude was so daft. Social media ruined hushpuppy
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by princeSammyz: 6:14am On Jul 05, 2020
So I wonder how he stayed off the radar of justice for so long? With all his loose ends
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by beresponsible(m): 6:19am On Jul 05, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Internet never forget.

The biggest fear of drug cartels is extradition into the United States.

The notorious Pablo Escobar once said "better to be in a Colombia grave than a USA cell"

Bye bye hushpuppi, Sha help us greet Farouk Abdulmuttalab.
Hushpuppi don jam am be dat. So na so we go forget hushpuppi as we come forget that Farouk Abdul of that time.

1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by sonofthunder: 6:49am On Jul 05, 2020
Tapout:

Avoid unnecessary show of is the main take home from this....because weda u like it or not, there are fraudsters way more wealthier than hushpuppy. Not talking about politicians, i mean regular guys like i and you. Maybe if he wasn't showing off he would have also made it to Forbes list atlest b4 he was caught. grin Do u remember years bk when guys washed their Rolex watches and the likes with champagne and you see it everywhere on IG ?? Why are we not seeing such clips again?? The guy used his hands and brought himself down. U know say u no legit, u dey show off. Dude even had beefs with artists who made it to the top via struggle and legit hard work. He's done for life, cos even when he's out of jail, I doubt anyone will want to associate with him or anybody with any sort of connection to him.

Boss, although you are right in so many aspects, we must recognise that karma doesn't watch out for those who did or did not show off. It comes upon us at his own desired time/season.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Rilwayne001: 7:29am On Jul 05, 2020
1Sharon:

Yes the country is mainly Christian, but Islam is the dominant religion in prison among blacks.

Allahu akbar.

k

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 05, 2020
May all internet scam artists and fraudsters, whether they flaunt their wealth or not, meet their Waterloo before long.

May they rot in a jail cell.

May their family members be ashamed of them and mourn them.

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by guru90: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2020
Curse money always making scammers crazy and misbehaving online.....
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by membranus: 7:59am On Jul 05, 2020
Sheuns:
They always leave trails. The guy wasn’t even a hacker. He supplied accts. The law firm fraud was what led to his arrest. His phone and chat histories gave way for his older dealings.
Please can you expantiate on this?

I will like to know about the intricacies of his criminal acts, just for curiosity sake.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by membranus: 8:01am On Jul 05, 2020
1Sharon:

Allahu akbar.

Have you been there?

I mean are you an ex convict in a US jail?

You must have been there to be telling us this authoritatively.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Tapout(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2020
sonofthunder:

Boss, although you are right in so many aspects, we must recognise that karma doesn't watch out for those who did or did not show off. It comes upon us at his own desired time/season.

yeah sure you are right...karma does locate them one way or the other which might not necessary mean them being caught and going to jail. A lot of them that went broke cannot even explain how they spent the money. I know cases of Yahoo boys dropping dead or going mad just like that. All I was only trying to say was that his show off made Karma locate him faster.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2020
saajus:
- Our thinking has been distorted. If we have good Govt, that's what they need to fix first. How much do you need to live a good life? A Professor, Doctor, Lawyer does not need to be as rich as Hushpuppi but they need to be comfortable. Let's leave Nigeria and go to advanced countries that we worship. How many Americans are as rich as Hushpuppi? How many American Lawyers are as rich as Hushpuppi? How many Americans have Ferrari like Hushpuppi?
- About their Prison that the article said it's better, well Hushpuppi may come out gay and be psychologically messed up for life.
- Going to school does not make you wealthy but should make you comfortable. That's what we are fighting our Govt for. If Ng system is good today, not everybody will still have a car. If you want to be wealthy, think of how you can solve problems with what you learnt in school. The more values you add, the wealthier you are. At least if you go to school, there must a guaranty of a comfortable life. A small car, good accommodation, you can afford to pay your bills. Not Ferrari or mansion.
- This same bad country, I know several youths in different states making an average of $3k per month on YouTube and several other legit online businesses. It took some 5yrs before they reach there. Can you fly a private jet with that?No. Can you buy a Ferrari with that?No. Can you drink expensive champagne with that? no. But, the average present Nigerian youths can never be patient for 5 yrs to learn and follow the process. I told a group of youth to learn some Java Android and Objective C so that they can be building apps. The first thing they asked was how long will it take them to make good money. I told them it may take 2yrs of learning and maybe 8 yrs of consistent creating. I said they will be making token along the way to make them live a simple life but may not hit big until after 10 yrs. I said they will keep launching different apps to solve people's problem. Along the line, luck may shine on them and they will build an app that the whole world will be crazy about. They all run away. This is a group of 18, 19, 20 yrs old. Why are our youths running to music instead of coding? Why do they want to be IG influencer or comedian on IG instead of splitting up cars and coupling it back? Easy routes.

Everybody does not need to be as rich as hushpuppi,

yes I never insinuated that neither did I state that everyone needs to be as rich as him.

I told you that the majority of our Nigerian graduates are living in abject poverty after NYSC nothing at all for them even during NYSC you need connection to get posted to a place that will pay you 10k or more how much more after NYSC.

What I am saying is where is the assurance, where are the social structures and safety nets that ensures Nigerians especially graduates do not fall below a certain level of poverty. That is all I am saying.

How many graduates can boast of earning 100k+ in Nigeria today even here on Nairaland you typing I know you don't earn up to 100k a month

100,000naira a month translates to 1.2m a year this is the amount countries like USA consider as poor. So to USA people living in this amount are tagged poor.

In Nigeria we have no social security, so people can be poor as in 0 naira in hand, 0 naira in bank and no food and yet they have no place to go to at least get free food and a blanket almost every country outside Africa has provisions for the poor. We on the other hand have the world's largest concentration of poor people with no safety net. What do you expect? For these people not to find a way out of such poverty without looking back. Not everybody can hold their morality in such circumstances so we should attack the WHY instead of the people when the causative agent is addressed then anybody still indulging in such acts only have himself to blame

I'm sure alot of Nigerian fraudsters infact criminals generally will leave their crooked ways if they see something legit that will pay them half of what whatever crime they are doing now is paying them.

Arresting Hushpuppi won't stop Nigerian scammers, it will only give Hush legendary status , immortalise him and his deeds like Billy the kid or any other criminals during the time when the majority of Europe and americas were poor. Criminals attained legendary status for going against the rich and the state or govmt why do you think that is
But now that the majority are above the poverty line when you commit a crime it is frowned upon by Everybody in the west Why? Simple the govmt now works or appears to work for the betterment of the majority unlike in Africa particularly Nigeria where the govmt works for the politicians only.

Saudi Arabia has the same oil as Nigeria every Saudi citizen gets paid by Saudi Aramco oil company which is the state owned company 1.2million naira per month, for doing nothing just because their country has oil, in Nigeria even the people who own the land where Nigerias oil is drilled from don't get 1 naira, the oil has killed all the fishes in the rivers and as such increased poverty yet the govmt has not given farmers any money to go into another business.

And here you are defending the govmt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by KingMack(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2020
Na small sheet dey stain nyash you no need sheet big one before e go cast
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by sonofthunder: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2020
Tapout:

yeah sure you are right...karma does locate them one way or the other which might not necessary mean them being caught and going to jail. A lot of them that went broke cannot even explain how they spent the money. I know cases of Yahoo boys dropping dead or going mad just like that. All I was only trying to say was that his show off made Karma locate him faster.
Spot on!!!
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Ade3131: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2020
AfroKnight:

True. Any device that has a camera and access to the internet can be used for espionage. The day I watched how an iPhone was able to track movements even when it was switched off, I just gave up on the thought that anyone could have a smartphone and remain anonymous.

This is exactly what I'm working on right now. If you've gathered much information about it, I won't mind if you share some of them with me.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by DEENZY: 9:00am On Jul 05, 2020
lipsrsealed grin
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Slickest(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2020
You can't have it all, scammers are usually dumb. Smart enough to dupe but too stupid to cover their tracks.
And for the fools justifying scam and talking about broken society, there are so many others from that same society who made a choice not to live on other people's wealth and sweat.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by mybbcnews: 9:28am On Jul 05, 2020
Money makes people careless
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Ade3131: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Everybody does not need to be as rich as hushpuppi,

yes I never insinuated that neither did I state that everyone needs to be as rich as him.

I told you that the majority of our Nigerian graduates are living in abject poverty after NYSC nothing at all for them even during NYSC you need connection to get posted to a place that will pay you 10k or more how much more after NYSC.

What I am saying is where is the assurance, where are the social structures and safety nets that ensures Nigerians especially graduates do not fall below a certain level of poverty. That is all I am saying.

How many graduates can boast of earning 100k+ in Nigeria today even here on Nairaland you typing I know you don't earn up to 100k a month

100,000naira a month translates to 1.2m a year this is the amount countries like USA consider as poor. So to USA people living in this amount are tagged poor.

In Nigeria we have no social security, so people can be poor as in 0 naira in hand, 0 naira in bank and no food and yet they have no place to go to at least get free food and a blanket almost every country outside Africa has provisions for the poor. We on the other hand have the world's largest concentration of poor people with no safety net. What do you expect? For these people not to find a way out of such poverty without looking back. Not everybody can hold their morality in such circumstances so we should attack the WHY instead of the people when the causative agent is addressed then anybody still indulging in such acts only have himself to blame

I'm sure alot of Nigerian fraudsters infact criminals generally will leave their crooked ways if they see something legit that will pay them half of what whatever crime they are doing now is paying them.

Arresting Hushpuppi won't stop Nigerian scammers, it will only give Hush legendary status , immortalise him and his deeds like Billy the kid or any other criminals during the time when the majority of Europe and americas were poor. Criminals attained legendary status for going against the rich and the state or govmt why do you think that is
But now that the majority are above the poverty line when you commit a crime it is frowned upon by Everybody in the west Why? Simple the govmt now works or appears to work for the betterment of the majority unlike in Africa particularly Nigeria where the govmt works for the politicians only.

Saudi Arabia has the same oil as Nigeria every citizen of Dubai gets paid by Saudi Aramco oil company which is the state owned company 1.2million naira per month, for doing nothing just because their country has oil, in Nigeria even the people who own the land where Nigerias oil is drilled from don't get 1 naira, the oil has killed all the fishes in the rivers and as such increased poverty yet the govmt has not given farmers any money to go into another business.

And here you are defending the govmt.

Having read your post I feel it will be nice I say well-done to you. I wish this Hushpuppy's case and more like it will awaken the Nigerian state to the tickling time bomb OBJ has always cried about but ironically couldn't do anything about while in power. A country where a large chunk of the population is not gainfully employed, and are youths is surely sitting on a gunpowder.

Hush is just one out of the many Yahoo boiz we know. There's virtually no single Nigerian living in the city within age 18 to 40 who doesn't know a Yahoo boy or knows someone who knows a Yahoo boy. The statistics is alarming if you consider the numbers yet they're celebrated or spoken highly about due to the decadence in the system. Even worse is the fact that some parents scold their legitimate hardworking children who are struggling with the ups and downs of life just because the son of a neighbor down the street is driving flashy cars without any traceable source of wealth.

I pray the Nigerian youth could wake up to the most fundamental ask of a citizen - question your leaders and demand good leadership. Africans at large lags in this regard. It's hard to see where that's going to come from considering how divided we are as a people. Nigeria keeps churning out graduates year in year out without any tangible plan to absorb them into the workforce of the economy. How then will fraud and crime not thrive in such a society?

You see money-miss-road politicians who before venturing into politics had nothing to offer the economy, flaunting their overnight riches and you begin to wonder if an average Nigerian is okay in the head. Politics is so lucrative here that the country would borrow to fund budgets while our political class continue to be one of the best paid public office holders in the world.

Until we start demanding and pushing for good governance, unemployed and underemployed Nigerian youths will continue to consider crime as an alternative route to breaking the chain of poverty in their lineage.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aiye Vs Eiye Delta Gang War: Man’s Mouth Blown With A Gun By Cultists (Graphic) / Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) / Man Parked His Car In Bank Premises In Edo, When He Came Out, He Saw This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.