Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,670 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) (116085 Views)

I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel / Cannabis, Tramadol Top Drugs Seized By NDLEA In 2017 / 10 Criminal Cases That Shook Nigeria In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by stormborn28(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
seanwilliam:
lol, u are wicked
hmmmmmm...

Can you see this below...

Malawian:
I understand the "big dick busta" of "the godfather of Harlem" movie is back in jail in the US for a third strike.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Roon9(m): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
rasheedatt:
In life one can never be too careful

Facts
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Crispels(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

I am not justifying fraud, Hushpuppi did wrong by not stopping on time, by not diversifying or doing something else, he got greedy and comfortable with what he was doing it had worked too many times so he always assumed it would work forever big mistake on his part.

Who told you those guys doing legit work, if they knew how to scan they wouldn't be into fraud already? Who told you if they got into public office they won't loot funds.

The reason they remain in scam is that they get too comfortable, they see it as the only way out they have probably tried and failed at many things and the one thing they succeeded at they decide to stick to it SIMPLE

I'm ashamed! So to you now, Hush Puppi is only wrong because he scammed for too long and not because he even scammed just one person? Even if it's just one person, what is wrong, is wrong! You people should stop normalizing or justifying what is wrong.
Here in the US, doing BEC or credit card fraud is not rocket science but most of us still choose to stay away from crime because it's evil to ruin the lives of others to ”better” yours. Life does not work that way. Like I said earlier, my cousin that currently lives in Dubai worked as a cleaner for almost a year before getting a job with one of the Dubai Future IT Tech firms there. Can he hack? Yes! He has higher degrees in Computer Engineering & Cybersecurity from schools in Seattle. He left the US for Dubai because he could not get a good company to file for his green card -partly because he is a Nigerian and IT companies don't really trust Nigerians with their cyberinfrastructure again because of those yahoo yahoo idiots who will die miserable deaths and their greedy enablers who think defrauding even one person is right.

The fact that some people are looting or defrauding people does not make it right. See, when I first arrived in the US - I worked a small job that paid only $9 per hour to survive. That could barely even feed me very well - I skipped meals and stuff but I was contented. There are Nigerians who are currently in US feds prisons who after arriving here got jobs that pay $40 per hour(they came on visa lottery). Yet, they were not contented or patient - they went into credit card fraud because they wanted to quickly buy Benz, wear expensive stuff, build houses in Nigeria and live like Hush Puppi. Now, they are in prisons - their green cards may be revoked and they will be deported back to Nigeria with nothing after serving over 10years in feds prisons.

See, crime does not pay. I will rather work as a toilet cleaner, drink my Garri and sleep with my two eyes closed than to go into crime and end up being used as a poster boy by the FBI. I'm a true Yoruba boy and in my family ”a good name is better than ill-gotten riches”.
I buy what I can afford. I wear what I have. I LIVE WITHIN MY MEANS! I’M PATIENT!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Roon9(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
light099:
There's always an irresistible urge to flaunt and misbehave; inherent of sudden wealth, especially when it's stolen.
When your wealth builds gradually and it's moderately proportional to your effort, there won't be any reason to brag or misbehave. But if you start getting sudden huge incomes, far more than your age, especially when you didn't deserve it or sweat for it. The feeling is always overwhelming and there is likelihood of you misbehaving. That's the reason why scammers flaunt their wealth. The urge is irresistible, except for the wise ones who control their emotions and learn to lie low.
During the course of flaunting, especially persistent flaunting, they expose themselves and leave behind trails of their criminal activities.

Do you still remember Dan Owolo of Covenant University?
I mean this shiit always repeat itself over and over and over. Perhaps a regular staff who earned around N100k.
Suddenly, he started getting over N10m with no extra effort. Why didn't he lie low? The feeling and urge is always overwhelmingly. It's extremely euphoric, you only come back to your senses after casting yourself.

If you've always had under N100k in your account, but suddenly you hit a mysterious 'jackpot' of N1m this evening. I can assure you that later in the evening when you come to NL to post or comment, the anatomy of your post would be quiet different. You suddenly start talking like a god. There is a sudden shoot in your hormones, it's a high, it's overwhelmingly. Only people with self-control can handle it.
Ironically, the thrill is even multiplied when you got the 'jackpot' in a dirty-smart way. You feel like James Bond.

Another reason is, scammers in the days when they were still small scammers or when they were still legit, they freely drop their details, because at that time, no one is really tracking their asses. Later when they become big scammers, they forget to erase all their trails they left years ago. It might even be impossible to remember everywhere you've dropped your trails.
Take Invictus for example. When he was still a small legit guy on NL, he dropped his email freely here. Later in life, he became something else and used same email for his fraudulent activities.
This shiit happens to everyone on Social Media. Most Social Media users have trails online.
That poor legit boy dropping his number/email freely on Social Media today, because no one is after him yet, might still use the same email to cast himself years to come.

How can one man be this sensible grin
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by ubcandid(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
rasheedatt:
In life one can never be too careful

You've said it all. No matter how hard you try, you can't be too careful.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Rhea(f): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Rhea(f): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
E-money = electronic money grin grin cheesy cheesy

By the time FBI go open his own file, kasala go burst. Every dog has his day grin grin cheesy cheesy

As for Hush hush, by the time he serves his sentence, he will return to nigeria, and excavate the rest of his stash and set up a recording label and a car dealership in a dilicious move
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by adisababa1234: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

I am not justifying fraud, Hushpuppi did wrong by not stopping on time, by not diversifying or doing something else, he got greedy and comfortable with what he was doing it had worked too many times so he always assumed it would work forever big mistake on his part.

Who told you those guys doing legit work, if they knew how to scan they wouldn't be into fraud already? Who told you if they got into public office they won't loot funds.

The reason they remain in scam is that they get too comfortable, they see it as the only way out they have probably tried and failed at many things and the one thing they succeeded at they decide to stick to it SIMPLE

You should have just paraphrase that u don't justify long term fraud.
One of like of Hushpuppy
Is this how u will teach your children?
Ur child wl be like, Daddy,when I grow up I'll like to be like Hushpuppy but I wouldn't end up like him coz I wouldn't stay too long in defrauding people
Eno go better for anyone justifying fraudulent act.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by adisababa1234: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
adisababa1234:

One of like of Hushpuppy
Ur child wl be like, Daddy,when I grow up I'll like to be like Hushpuppy but I wouldn't end up like him coz I wouldn't stay too long in defrauding people
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Crispels:

I'm ashamed! So to you now, Hush Puppi is only wrong because he scammed for too long and not because he even scammed just one person? Even if it's just one person, what is wrong, is wrong! You people should stop normalizing or justifying what is wrong.
Here in the US, doing BEC or credit card fraud is not rocket science but most of us still choose to stay away from crime because it's evil to ruin the lives of others to ”better” yours. Life does not work that way. Like I said earlier, my cousin that currently lives in Dubai worked as a cleaner for almost a year before getting a job with one of the Dubai Future IT Tech firms there. Can he hack? Yes! He has higher degrees in Computer Engineering & Cybersecurity from schools in Seattle. He left the US for Dubai because he could not get a good company to file for his green card -partly because he is a Nigerian and IT companies don't really trust Nigerians with their cyberinfrastructure again because of those yahoo yahoo idiots who will die miserable deaths and their greedy enablers who think defrauding even one person is right.

The fact that some people are looting or defrauding people does not make it right. See, when I first arrived in the US - I worked a small job that paid only $9 per hour to survive. That could barely even feed me very well - I skipped meals and stuff but I was contented. There are Nigerians who are currently in US feds prisons who after arriving here got jobs that pay $40 per hour(they came on visa lottery). Yet, they were not contented or patient - they went into credit card fraud because they wanted to quickly buy Benz, wear expensive stuff, build houses in Nigeria and live like Hush Puppi. Now, they are in prisons - their green cards may be revoked and they will be deported back to Nigeria with nothing after serving over 10years in feds prisons.

See, crime does not pay. I will rather work as a toilet cleaner, drink my Garri and sleep with my two eyes closed than to go into crime and end up being used as a poster boy by the FBI. I'm a true Yoruba boy and in my family ”a good name is better than ill-gotten riches”.
I buy what I can afford. I wear what I have. I LIVE WITHIN MY MEANS! I’M PATIENT!!!

Did you see the part I wrote "BY NOT DOING SOMETHING ELSE"?
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Vulcan24(m): 2:50am On Jul 06, 2020
read this in 2017 though

why he insisted on a life of crime is same reason he was caught
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by ayanbaba2(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2020
adisababa1234:

One of like of Hushpuppy

thank you!
that moniker you quoted deserves our prayer... long term, at least!

...all of them saying he should "have gone legit" since are dubious Nigerians! scammers!

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by cooldipo(m): 9:29am On Jul 06, 2020
CodeTemplar:

And which town is that? Onitsha or
Enugu?

I sell reliable powerb.ank for lap.top and phones
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
Crispels:

Lol.
Most of you don't even know how the FBI works. This guy won't meet a dime after serving his term. They will seize and confiscate all the assets belonging to him and his associates in every corner of the world. Unless he buried money in underground cells - which I doubt he did. FBI Investigations like this take years and they are always thorough.
even me that am not a fraudsters i can hide money wey fbi no go see imagine Liquidating your assets to btc not even cia can retrieve that

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/06/hushpuppi-15-3m-stolen-by-woodberry-from-us-companies-may-not-be-recovered-fbi-hints/
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by einsteine(m): 1:23am On Jul 07, 2020
madjune:

Who told you that?

20yrs is half its term in the penal lexicon.

Stop arguing. In the US, federal prisoners serve 85% of their jail term so 20 years is 17 years. In Nigeria, it is 9 months served for every year (75%) of the jail term. I wonder where people get the half thing from. If you want to find out, take a trip to any Nigerian prison. There is in fact no where in the world that approximates prison sentence to half term. The lowest (66%) is in British colonized East African countries (Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania).

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by einsteine(m): 1:25am On Jul 07, 2020
Vaselinelord:
even me that am not a fraudsters i can hide money wey fbi no go see imagine Liquidating your assets to btc not even cia can retrieve that

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/06/hushpuppi-15-3m-stolen-by-woodberry-from-us-companies-may-not-be-recovered-fbi-hints/

If you hide your assets, you get full term plus associated charges (including obstruction of justice). A possible ten year sentence becomes forty. That's how the FBI elicits maximum cooperation from suspects.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by einsteine(m): 1:28am On Jul 07, 2020
membranus:

Please can you expantiate on this?

I will like to know about the intricacies of his criminal acts, just for curiosity sake.

According to the affidavit, a non Nigerian hacker who hacked into a US law firm (real estate law firm) substituted the account for the payment of a sales transaction with an account supplied by Hushpuppi. He also had bank accounts opened in Romania, Dubai and the UK for use by BEC scammers. He also made the mistake of using the same email he opened his Instagram with (rayhushpuppi@gmail.com) to coordinate activities with his fellow conspirators.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 07, 2020
einsteine:

If you hide your assets, you get full term plus associated charges (including obstruction of justice). A possible ten year sentence becomes forty. That's how the FBI elicits maximum cooperation from suspects.
is 30yrs the sentence of justice obstruction?
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by einsteine(m): 7:37am On Jul 07, 2020
Vaselinelord:
is 30yrs the sentence of justice obstruction?

No. Between 5-10 years. But the sentences would be consecutive instead of concurrent because the convict did not show remorse or cooperate with law enforcement. Right now, Ramon has just money laundering on his charge. If he doesn't cooperate, they will add Wire Fraud, Computer Intrusion, Obstruction of Justice and Conspiracy charges to it.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by membranus: 7:57am On Jul 07, 2020
einsteine:

According to the affidavit, a non Nigerian hacker who hacked into a US law firm (real estate law firm) substituted the account for the payment of a sales transaction with an account supplied by Hushpuppi. He also had bank accounts opened in Romania, Dubai and the UK for use by BEC scammers. He also made the mistake of using the same email he opened his Instagram with (rayhushpuppi@gmail.com) to coordinate activities with his fellow conspirators.
Thanks Bro.

More knowledge to you.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Crispels(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2020
Vaselinelord:

Lol. Many of you people don’t even follow tech news.

Google Ross Albricht. He had over 20million BTC at the time of the arrest. FBI, DEA and Secret Service recovered it all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/10/25/fbi-says-its-seized-20-million-in-bitcoins-from-ross-ulbricht-alleged-owner-of-silk-road/amp/

There are way more notorious hackers whose bitcoin wallets have been intruded by the FBI.
You think you can use American platforms to defraud Americans and the FBI won’t retrieve every dime from you? Do some research Ogbeni.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Crispels:

Lol. Many of you people don’t even follow tech news.

Google Ross Albricht. He had over 20million BTC at the time of the arrest. FBI, DEA and Secret Service recovered it all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/10/25/fbi-says-its-seized-20-million-in-bitcoins-from-ross-ulbricht-alleged-owner-of-silk-road/amp/

There are way more notorious hackers whose bitcoin wallets have been intruded by the FBI.
You think you can use American platforms to defraud Americans and the FBI won’t retrieve every dime from you? Do some research Ogbeni.
pla don't quote me if you don't know how blockchain works
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Crispels(m): 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Vaselinelord:
pla don't quote me if you don't know how blockchain works

Don’t also make spurious claims if you don’t know how American federal agencies conduct investigations into cybercrime. Blockchain or cryptocurrency can never be used as a bulwark against FBI investigators. The only ways the FBI may find it more difficult to retrieve stolen funds is if you are based in China or Russia and you make use of some government-censored platforms. Do you even know how blockchain came into use? The same FBI agents that usually hack into iPhones that even Apple claims it cannot unlock as the producer?

Let Hush Puppi and his gang own 1 trillion bitcoin wallets, the FBI will crack into each and everyone of them like a hot knife going through butter. They only need just one transaction ID or an email linked to Hush Puppi or whatever and they will access everything from the day they could only afford to purchase bottled water online. These are some of the things we study in Cybersecurity.
Re: A Nairalander Exposed Hushpuppi's Criminal Activities In 2017 (Throwback) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
Crispels:

Don’t also make spurious claims if you don’t know how American federal agencies conduct investigations into cybercrime. Blockchain or cryptocurrency can never be used as a bulwark against FBI investigators. The only ways the FBI may find it more difficult to retrieve stolen funds is if you are based in China or Russia and you make use of some government-censored platforms. Do you even know how blockchain came into use? The same FBI agents that usually hack into iPhones that even Apple claims it cannot unlock as the producer?

Let Hush Puppi and his gang own 1 trillion bitcoin wallets, the FBI will crack into each and everyone of them like a hot knife going through butter. They only need just one transaction ID or an email linked to Hush Puppi or whatever and they will access everything from the day they could only afford to purchase bottled water online. These are some of the things we study in Cybersecurity.
k

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aiye Vs Eiye Delta Gang War: Man’s Mouth Blown With A Gun By Cultists (Graphic) / Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) / Man Parked His Car In Bank Premises In Edo, When He Came Out, He Saw This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.