Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. (74611 Views)

Can't Use Glo Betting Agent Data Plan / You Can Use These Apps If Government Shuts Down The Internet / Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by StreetFight: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
realokopi:
Am I the only one that still doesn't understand Twitter?

Even me too. They don't do anything there except unnecessary senseless arguments. I don't go there except when someone sends me an interesting argument from there. I don't time for arguing with jobless people.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Denique(f): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
akure1stson:

Obama is the source of this problem

Quite true! He was their fall guy.

For the people above saying it's within the company, I tell you what! It's a gimmick...other companies will adopt it soon to sound correct also and who are those that work in those companies? Humans...that's right!

Gradually, it becomes a form of expression and boom...it's universal!

God help us all!
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Farki: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ugh what kind of nonsense is this? Why does it seem like humans are getting dumber to please everyone?
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Parisian: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2020
Trust me, twitter is the best SM after YouTube. You can even earn a living from "money twitter".
realokopi:

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by tete7000(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
The problems lie in the hearts of men/women. Until the heart is reformed, this approach solve no problem...
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Femeto: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
Twitter is not making sense
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by justli: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
It's 1984 all over again. Take control of language.

These leftists Sha...

2984 just comes to mind... If they start censoring words and changing the meaning of word and policing our thoughts... Then it's gradually sliding into a dystopian world..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by nijabazaar: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2020
JESUSisKING1:
Him/her/she/he/his/===them/they
This is because some people that God created as Males want to turn themselves to females while some females see themselves as males. Even some don't see themselves as male or female.(neutral gender)
All these are the gimmicks of satan to distort the the original work of the almighty jehovah
One day , all of us will stand before Jesus and give account of our days while on earth

Quit this rubbish.

You didn't see the Master/slave one but rather chose the one that drives ur conspiracy theories
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by nextstep(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
JESUSisKING1:
This is because some people that God created as Males want to turn themselves to females while some females see themselves as males. Even some don't see themselves as male or female.(neutral gender)
All these are the gimmicks of satan to distort the the original work of the almighty jehovah
One day , all of us will stand before Jesus and give account of our days while on earth

Actually, there are tons of languages, covering nearly 4 billion people, that don't have gender-specific pronouns. Some of them include Igbo, Yoruba, Chinese, Japanese. They have words for man/woman/male/female... but no equivalent for he/she, him/her.

To wit: He/She and Him/Her: in the following languages
Igbo: o (or ) and ya
Yoruba: oun and awon
Chinese:
Japanse: kare and hito

These I know because I studied. I'm also aware that Turkish, Persian, Bengali, Malay, Ewe, Swahili, and many others also lack gender-specific pronouns.

I sure hope God doesn't condemn all those speakers for not inventing gender-specific pronouns wink
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Cousin9999: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
That's cool. When are they going to start hiring black people? When is their board going to have a black person?

3 Likes

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Psoul(m): 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
paulolee:
good...asif it concerns the naija users...we always have our own ways to beat these blacklisted words na... just like the same coded ways we de take beat and still type the words wey nairaland censored and blacklist...

Twitter in not Nairaland. Violet the rule and watch ur account bn deleted.
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Gerrard59(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
Denique:
Irrational Political Correctness. So now, you gonna force LGBT down our throats?
Gullible minds be thinking it's about #Black inclusiveness. It's all a #Charade!...see through pls...!

Modified:

For the people above saying, it's within the company, I tell you what! It's a gimmick...other companies will adopt it soon to sound correct also and who are those that work in those companies? Humans...that's right!

Gradually, it becomes a form of expression and boom...it's universal!

Wondering how "TOEFL" gonna look like in a few years to come as "a man or a woman" will be each referred to as "They"...all in a bid to appear woke and soothe " Them"!

America-a supposed English country, pushing for the wrong use of the English Language to massage the ego of LGBT...Ironic and bewildering!

So much for Democracy if you have to always change the narrative for some confused select few undecided

God help us all!

Trust me, the most intolerant set of humans are people who profess to be liberals. They practice what they don't preach and preach what they don't practice. Tomorrow, they will be surprised when right wing policitians win elections because the vast majority will be sick and tired of this nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Greenpace214(f): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
telim:
Is known of my business. I don't use any of those shitty SM platform.

None
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Psoul(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
paddyofboss:
So that boy cant go on Twitter and say damnnn niggarrrr again?
Meanwhile rotten meat seller has been silent for a while, what a 2020

He has bn sorely disappointed by hi "Lovely Daddy."
He may have even created a new account to use to read what ppl will be saying about him.
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by SenecaTheYonger: 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
It's 1984 all over again. Take control of language.

These leftists Sha...

Lol. They’re still the same founder of the KKK clan. They always like to say they was a switch lmao so funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by garetz: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
AntiWailer:

lol get your head off Trump's asss. it will help you a lot.
Get your head out of your own ass and stop being stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by SexytorresE(f): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
We are in it together grin
realokopi:

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by wman(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
ExHusband:
Nigerians have such terrible comprehension problems, my god. They didn't say *you* can't use these words. They said *they* (Twitter) are going to stop using these words. My god this is a country of IQ 65 people!

Same for Americans too. Stop insulting Nigerians unnecessarily.
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Denique(f): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Cousin9999:
That's cool. When are they going to start hiring black people? When is their board going to have a black person?

Such hypocrisy from Twitter!
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by AnanseK(m): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
What about these:

Manchester United = Personchester United

Manhole = Personhole

Woman = woperson
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
AntiWailer:

lol get your head off Trump's asss. it will help you a lot.
How did what I said connect with Trump? undecided

Am I living in America that I will care about Trump?
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
SegFault:

Do you know what leftism is. Think, you are a Nigerian not a dumb American.
I feel I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say. Can you please make your intentions clear?
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by SexytorresE(f): 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
Inside life . Let them wake up form indoctrination
lovemoi2:
WHITELIST=GOOD / BLACKLIST= BAD!!!!

HELLFIRE = BLACK / HEAVEN = WHITE

GOD= WHITE / DEVIL = BLACK

AND AFRICANS BLINDLY FOLLOW

Chai this life

This is why AFRICANS should know they have been hated by other race for a long time.

Nigerians take care of yourselves and stop calling OYIBO or trump to save you!!!!

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
justli:

2984 just comes to mind... If they start censoring words and changing the meaning of word and policing our thoughts... Then it's gradually sliding into a dystopian world..

Thought crime

1 Like

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Victorcwu(m): 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
George Orwell's 1984 comes to mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Sammy555(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
telim:
Is known of my business. I don't use any of those shitty SM platform.

Reason for your poor usage of English Language
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by Olamilekxy(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
JESUSisKING1:

before jesus or before God?
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by ofiko123(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Na them get their wahala..
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by YoungAncient1: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
rubbish
Re: You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. by KrazyDave16(m): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
No bother
Y'all geng where you at?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Transfer Airtime To Bank Account? / Lady Who Posed On Top Of A Car Becomes A Laughing Stock Online - Photos / Phones To Avoid If You Live In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.