Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Business On Nigerian Campuses Is A Gold Mine - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Business On Nigerian Campuses Is A Gold Mine (164 Views)

Want To Create A Brand For Your Business On A Budget? Check This Out! / Cheap Promotion Of Your Business On Two Blogs / Dealership Position!{the Gold Mine } (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Business On Nigerian Campuses Is A Gold Mine by campusadverts: 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
The Campus community is commercially vibrant. There are more than 3 million students on Nigerian campuses with high disposable income and sophisticated buying taste that are well suited for many businesses today including those run by students themselves.

Reaching out to these students is a gold mine for any business-minded person that wants to make quick turnovers. For now, campuses are an untapped goldmine for any business owner. I personally know businesses that have remained on or near campuses for decades and support their owners and families through generations. Furthermore, even students businesses have a higher chance of success.

There are several reasons for this:

(i) Every Nigerian student is sponsored. This means they come to school with disposal money that they know/what/have to spend. This money can be from themselves, parents, organisations, etc. Students don't save money and they receive replenishment from parents, relatives and other activities. This money flow is in 100s of billions of Naira. This makes the money flow on campuses extremely dynamic and valuable to any business.

(ii) Nigerian students are knowledgeable buyers. This is a huge advantage because little advertisement is needed before they grasp the message a seller is trying to get across. This means lower advertisement costs.

(iii) Payments are relatively easier for students because they understand payment systems.

(iv) The turn over is high due to the concentration of knowledgeable and relatively well off customers in one location. Also, students are more receptive to innovation in the provision of services.

For the wise seller of anything, from computer parts to foodstuffs and renting, the campus population is a great target.

Students themselves can consider businesses that take advantage of their environment to earn some extra income and launch their entrepreneurship drive. There are several businesses they can easily run in their campuses;

(a) Sell/Resell Handouts and Books: With the ban on the sale of handouts to students, enterprising students can put together handouts, get a bulk photocopied and sell at a discount. Often the hassle of having to get the photocopies themselves and the discount is enough to drive students to buy from you.

Resale of textbooks is also popular especially science, engineering and medical books that are considered foundation courses. A textbook on "Strenght of Materials" is likely to earn a good resale value from engineering students for example. Buying books from graduating students and reselling to fresh students is good business.

(b) Upcycling/Clothes Laundry: You would be surprised at how many students launder their clothes in school. Its a viable business. Also, you can sell your own clothes if you are into designs and tailoring

(c) Unique foods/Drinks: This one is popular. Local drinks like zobo are a crowd puller. My sister made a lot of money from this during her undergraduate days. So popular was she that the name of the drink was affixed to her name. She didn't mind as it made the drink more popular and netted her handsome returns enough to make her pay her way through school. Another person I know made packed sandwiches with a special sauce of sardines, butter and mayonnaise. His as so popular he had to rent a shop to keep up with the demand. The possibilities are endless.

(f) Proofreading services: Postgraduate students are often told to get a "fresh" pair of eyes to review their work before submitting. This is to correct typos, grammar, structure etc. If you are good in English, this is for you.

(g)Start a Marketing Agency: Student-run Marketing groups are very valuable to companies. In fact, our site www.CampusAdverts.com used them at some point. If you enjoy meeting people, chatting and are popular, get a couple of your friends together and form an agency to market companies and organisations to students. It's very easy to do if you have the above traits and payment (at least for us) is per conversions (ie for each registered student).

The income from this can grow quickly within days depending on how popular and convincing you are. It is important to consider carefully what you agree to market. We don't recommend marketing gambling products, pyramid/get rich quick schemes. You could damage your reputation pretty badly. Consider companies that want to sell books, commodities, materials, concerts or like us, student businesses.

There are so many businesses to consider on campus and the beauty of this is that the businesses can be carried out even at home while on break on on "lockdown". Not only is money being made, but valuable skills are also learned that could serve well beyond the university.

www.Campus Adverts.com
We provide free advert spaces for student/organisations to post anything about their businesses or publish informationals. All for free.
Re: Business On Nigerian Campuses Is A Gold Mine by AmeLonRo(m): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2021
I like this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Contact Us Today For Ur Logo, Flyers Or Anything Graphics / Vtu Telecom Business / Quality, Perfect, Good Looking Footwear For Sale At An Affordable Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.