Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) (41560 Views)

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by SmartPolician: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Why is this girl always making front page? well it's obvious she has a moderator as boyfriend.

U no get sense
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by omooba969(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
Uchasa:

If you want to argue you can,but the truth is known by everyone that Igbo and Calabar soups are the best,is it Yoruba soups that want to compete with Afang soup or Ewedu that wants to compete with Ofe Nsala?
Let tribalism not be a breach to the truth.

You summarily concluded that I'm Yoruba grin, I hope you don't get panic attack when the word Yoruba is screamed near you. cool
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know what is your problem. I wonder how you live with this amount of venom. The Lord heal you.

Take simple correction.

Too many modernity erodes people culture.

You are not more English than the English themselves.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Take simple correction.

Too many modernity erodes people culture.

You are not more English than the English themselves.

Correction on what?
1- Ogiri is optional and remains optional. There are diverse people reading this post and the choice to use it is theirs.

2- Oha is better shredded. However, nothing will happen if you cut with knife. It is right there in the post.

What correction am I supposed to take, considering I shredded my oha, used cocoyam and your darling ogiri.

Something is fundamentally wrong with you. I hope you get the needed medical attention soon.

5 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Apawicked: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

So many Igbo tribes do not use ogiri!! In fact, the people that carry it for head are Anambra people.

Ask around.
Without ogiri your onugbu/oha soup is just a vegetable soup. Ogiri is not overrated. You hardly take correction, this same scenario took place when you were corrected that ofe-akwu is ofe-akwu and not in anyway banga soup but you refused the correction

15 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Chirowman(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
omooba969:

It's normal for you to cherish coz it's your thing but may not be palatable to an outsider.

I have had the soup before and the hard leaf was the spoiler for me - hard to say the least.
when you eat well prepared Oha soup you will confirm with fresh leaf not the hard leaf those ones has overgrown .the best leaves is the new leaves.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
omooba969:

It's normal for you to cherish coz it's your thing but may not be palatable to an outsider.

I have had the soup before and the hard leaf was the spoiler for me - hard to say the least.
The cook don't know how to make òha soup. It the most difficult to make cos of the leave. Once you master the type of òha leave to use, the rest is a bit simple.
Oha leave used for making oha soup is very soft. Even to the fingers when u touch it, it's soft. It's so soft that once you put the leaves inside your soup, like 2 minutes and you turn off and transfer to plates to avoid over cooking.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Apawicked:
Without ogiri your onugbu/oha soup is just a vegetable soup. Ogiri is not overrated. You hardly take correction, this same scenario took place when you were corrected that ofe-akwu is ofe-akwu and not in anyway banga soup but you refused the correction

Ogiri is optional. The choice to use it is totally dependent on the cook. It is no correction, it is choice.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
What’s Ogili and Ede? Please let’s speak English
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Apawicked: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Ogiri is optional. The choice to use it is totally dependent on the cook. It is no correction, it is choice.
No Igbo would frown at you for making oha/onugbu soup with ogiri but most Igbos if not all would frown at you for making the two soups without ogiri.

8 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Alwaysachick: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Elder0001:

Lmao. Do you cook ogbono and okro soup without onions

Onions should not be used in any soup that requires thickners like achi, ede, ofor , usu and the others. The exemptions are those you listed above and vegetable / afang soup.

my cousin once used onions to cook oha angry i cant forget that smell abi aroma, didnt eat that soup.....first time i rejected oha soup.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
Apawicked:
No Igbo would frown at you for making oha/onugbu soup with ogiri but most Igbos if not all would frown at you for making the two soups without ogiri.

Most Igbos will not frown at me for making it without ogiri. We are not all from Anambra, you gadamn supremacist. Pfttttt

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:
Oha soup known as ofe oha is a soup native to the Eastern people of Nigeria.

So, I will advise Pic 1, never Pic 2.

Nne let's discuss business.. Restuarant business you go work for me ni Abi you have urs already undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by omooba969(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
sassysure:

The cook don't know how to make òha soup. It the most difficult to make cos of the leave. Once you master the type of òha leave to use, the rest is a bit simple.
Oha leave used for making oha soup is very soft. Even to the fingers when u touch it, it's soft. It's so soft that once you put the leaves inside your soup, like 2 minutes and you turn off and transfer to plates to avoid over cooking.

Thanks for your understanding - oil dey ya head. wink

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by SmartPolician: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Just shut it.

Without ogili and cocoyam, the ora soup no matter how cooked is an eternal poison.

Secondly, you don't cut ora with knife rather you shred it with your hands..

You want to start argument over soup

Tufia

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by FloraEC(f): 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Twoclans:

@ bold Naso

Ogiri is a spiritual something

Tell it to the world. Ogiri is gold in oha/onugbu soup. The smeller the better

9 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by dustydee: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

-It gets softer and you can easily peel the flesh with your nails.
-Patches of oil will be floating on top the water.
Thank you.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Just shut it.

Without ogili and cocoyam, the ora soup no matter how cooked is an eternal poison.

Secondly, you don't cut ora with knife rather you shred it with your hands..
I am correct anambra sissie but I stopped cooking with ogiri many many yrs ago. But that won't stop me from eating food cooked with it. Recently, I'm having the crave for home stuffs and ogiri is among them so I will make small and put in my freezer for any ogiri food.

It's choice. Respect people's choice.
I don't use hand to shred one, I cut with knife and it's still òha soup. From my mum to grandmum to so many women use knife. Some use hand. All na choice.
Haba
The way u guys come online to attack people is disturbing.

9 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Iceyjayz: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
martineverest:
hahaha..it could be true o
She's having an affair with mynd grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by cococandy(f): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
I’m almost crying at this description cry

FloraEC:

Maybe you didn't buy original ogiri. Ogiri is spiritual, the smell is ahhh dunno how to describe it, the taste nkọ inside ọha soup tongue tongue hulala. I even taste mine before adding to the soup grin. I don't buy the already wrapped ogiri, I go for the one they measure aka nke nkonye tongue
When yellow pepper and enough crayfish is added. Ụka agbasa (church dismissed)

Oha soup without akwụ, ede and ogiri is not ọha. Achị, grounded cocoyam, quaker oat should not serve as thickener ooo
I prefer ọha to onugbu

*drops mic*
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Iceyjayz: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Alwaysachick:
My favourite soup smiley

Iceyjayz:
Why is this girl always making front page? well it's obvious she has a moderator as boyfriend.

Quality contents like this oha soup makes front page, Taste and see grin
Lol that's what you think right? it ain't so.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by cococandy(f): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
J111333:
Chai ofe oha, na your eye be this after a very very long time.

I will not cry.

If I console you, you console me.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Iceyjayz: 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
SmartPolician:

U no get sense
Nah mynd babe be that now. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Xmen149(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Twoclans:

I dont ever get tired of oha soup.

Legend had it that I could sell my most priced possession for a pot of oha soup. grin grin grin

lol, I think it's same with lucost beans not sure sha.

made this for my ex the first time she visited.she never stopped talking about it till now as one of her good old days..lol
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by RuddyFusion(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nne bia siirim ofe ahhhh

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by FromZeroToHero(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
Well detailed. I give you 95%
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
FloraEC:

Tell it to the world. Ogiri is gold in oha/onugbu soup. The smeller the better

You know ncha( that is used to eat ede igbugbu), or abacha anambra?
That is where I love ogiri the best.
Abacha anambra is very different from abacha imo or the popular abacha we see around. I'm not even good in making it though I love it very well especially one that stayed overnight( very weird me)

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Brushstrokes20: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chisos! See my favourite oha o!

Though I'm yoruba, oha is my favourite soup ever...

Op pls can I have some?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Emmyjean: 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
We Nigerians don't know what we have( quality of food in Naija) until we let go (travel out).
I have been using flour here, as my Fufu to eat chicken stew here, no stock fish, ogiri, yellow pepper etc.
I can't wait to enter Naija after COVID-19,
to "hammer" that Oha soup I'm seeing here.
God bless Naija.
God bless Africa.

7 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xmen149:

lol, I think it's same with lucost beans not sure sha.

made this for my ex the first time she visited.she never stopped talking about it till now as one of her good old days..lol
Never the same with locusts bean. It's made with castor seed or equsi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? / Have You Eaten Any Of These Strange Nigerian Food? / See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.